Gamestop - Scribblenauts DS Preorder Bonus - Rooster Hat!

utopianmachine

Nintendo Fangirl
Feedback
241 (100%)
Reserve Scribblenauts and receive a GameStop Exclusive Scribblenauts Rooster Hat. Now you can look just like Scribblenauts star Maxwell without going through the hassle of turning yourself into a cartoon character. Available for online and in-store customers, while supplies last.

Scribblenauts.gif

If it doesn't come with that jar, I'm going to fill jipped. :lol:

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=74879

[quote name='mykee98']rooster hat? hmmmm.....
I'm gonna bring my daughter with me when I go to GS so I can pretend its for her.[/QUOTE]
There's a joke in here somewhere...

Looks like if you haven't already pre-ordered from gamestop, you are out of luck on the rooster hat, as the pre-order bonus has disappeared from gamestop.com's scribblenauts page.

After glancing at the image of the rooster hat on the front page, I'm torn between it and the $15 gift card at Toys R Us. I'm thinking the gift card may win me out and cause me to cancel my preorder..

The rooster hat is so ugly. I'm not even thinking twice about using my $30 Batman AA giftcard at TRU and getting back another $15 card.

The rooster hat is so awesome. I'm not even thinking twice about canceling my order to go to TRU and getting a $15 card.

I went to gamestop today and preorder it and my store said it is first come first served. They also said that they only had 2 available so it is a ymmv.

^ I'll be there right when they open. Like I've said before, if I don't get a rooster hat, I'm canceling the pre-order along with 2 others. The funny part is that I plan on returning Scribblenauts to GS since I'm getting it at TRU.

[quote name='JustAim']I went to gamestop today and preorder it and my store said it is first come first served. They also said that they only had 2 available so it is a ymmv.[/QUOTE]
Really hope my store has more since I have classes till 2pm tomorrow. Damn you college. :bomb:

[quote name='emg28']^ I'll be there right when they open. Like I've said before, if I don't get a rooster hat, I'm canceling the pre-order along with 2 others. The funny part is that I plan on returning Scribblenauts to GS since I'm getting it at TRU.[/QUOTE]

Let me get this straight, you're not even intending to give Gamestop the actual sale of the game, but you still want the free hat and if they don't give it to you, you're gonna punish them by canceling a pre-order you don't intend to keep anyway and two others? That's not being a CAG, that's being an unreasonable jerk.

[quote name='newlu']Just got my rooster hat..pretty disappointed.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

I went to two Gamestops today in hopes of being able to put $5 down and getting the hat, but one told me that I had to preorder at an earlier time to get a hat; and the other said I could preorder it, but would not be guaranteed one, as in first come, first serve. Oh well, not really sure how much I would have even enjoyed the hat...

I hope the store I reserved goes by when you pre-ordered it. I was really looking forward to giving this to my son to wear for Holloween or whenever. The same thing happened with the Mirror's Edge bag. It's not like people are going to take off work JUST to get swag that you are suppose to get when you reserve.

If the hat isn't there, that may have me taking a trip to the TRU around the corner to score it there. Heck, I might stop off there and do it first just because of this first come stuff....

I just received my rooster hat and I have to say I'm quite impressed. I was expecting a flimsy hat that wouldn't even fit over my head but as you can see on my sweet new profile picture, it fits. As you can also see in the picture, my dog hates this hat with a passion. She's tried to rip it off my head since I put it on. But chicks dig it and that's all that matters.

Last edited by a moderator:
We got the hats in at my GS today.

11 preorders
6 hats
:(

I would have given up my hat....but fuck no, I am getting a picture with my 1-year old nephew wearing the rooster hat, damnit.

They better have my hat, I preordered this months ago. It's not my fault I can't pick the game up until after work...

[quote name='metallicoholic']I just received my rooster hat and I have to say I'm quite impressed. I was expecting a flimsy hat that wouldn't even fit over my head but as you can see on my sweet new profile picture, it fits. As you can also see in the picture, my dog hates this hat with a passion. She's tried to rip it off my head since I put it on. But chicks dig it and that's all that matters.[/QUOTE]

dude, hilarious profile pic. I have to wait til after work to get my game so I would be surprised if there are any hats left. Really bummed about it to.

WOW!.....I was torn...$15 g. card or Hat? Went on my lunch hour to check on my GS preorder (not expecting to get one after all the posts) and got the ROOSTER HAT! WooHOO! REALLY nice job, NOT cheap at all! And Im sure I'll be looking Sporty Chic while wearing it to dinner tonight!
; )~

My gamestop doesn't have the hat. Apparently I pre-ordered at the wrong one.
$^#^^$#.
I had an Exam from 8:30 to 11 today, so I couldn't exactly get there right away.
batman, they probably aren't getting any more! Yay! You're in the same boat I am!

I'm a bit concerned with people saying this "first come, first served" stuff, but eh, if I don't get one then I don't have anything holding me back from jumping on the TRU deal. So far though I've had a perfect streak with getting pre-order bonuses from GS (even the Mirror's Edge bag, after a bit of a debacle), so I'm hoping not to have any problems.

[quote name='bojay1997']Let me get this straight, you're not even intending to give Gamestop the actual sale of the game, but you still want the free hat and if they don't give it to you, you're gonna punish them by canceling a pre-order you don't intend to keep anyway and two others? That's not being a CAG, that's being an unreasonable jerk.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

With reports of TRUs selling out and short supplies of rooster hats, I don't know that I'll have much choice as far as where I get it. Guess I'll stop at GS on the way home and hope they have enough bonuses, and get over to TRU after dinner if necessary.

For those that can't find this at TRU, I was able to get Best Buy to price match the TRU ad and give a $15 gift card.

[quote name='metallicoholic']I just received my rooster hat and I have to say I'm quite impressed. I was expecting a flimsy hat that wouldn't even fit over my head but as you can see on my sweet new profile picture, it fits. As you can also see in the picture, my dog hates this hat with a passion. She's tried to rip it off my head since I put it on. But chicks dig it and that's all that matters.[/QUOTE]

Dude you're wearing it backwards in your pic ...

So I get to the Gamestop where I had the game preordered. There were about 4 people already ahead of me in line. First was obviously a middle-aged woman picking up *two* preorders and two rooster hats. I got nervous seeing those hats, worried if the guy was out now. Then another guy in line bought Scribblenauts off the shelf, and the clerk didn't offer him a hat, as I guess, obviously, he hadn't preordered. When I got up there, I got my game and hat and promptly put it on my head and have been wearing it since. Went to Wal-mart, had a little boy point and laugh at me, had a woman ask me about the hat, and just saw lots of amused expressions. It's been a happy afternoon. :D

09-15-09_1331.jpg

So I get to the Gamestop where I had the game preordered. There were about 4 people already ahead of me in line. First was obviously a middle-aged woman picking up *two* preorders and two rooster hats. I got nervous seeing those hats, worried if the guy was out now. Then another guy in line bought Scribblenauts off the shelf, and the clerk didn't offer him a hat, as I guess, obviously, he hadn't preordered. When I got up there, I got my game and hat and promptly put it on my head and have been wearing it since. Went to Wal-mart, had a little boy point and laugh at me, had a woman ask me about the hat, and just saw lots of amused expressions. It's been a happy afternoon. :D

4-1.jpg

I am quite pissed; went to gamestop at 10:00am and they said that they ran out of the rooster hats with my preorder. This is like the most BadA$$ preorder bonus in a long time and they probally didn't even get any at the store. Shame

[quote name='utopianmachine']So I get to the Gamestop where I had the game preordered. There were about 4 people already ahead of me in line. First was obviously a middle-aged woman picking up *two* preorders and two rooster hats. I got nervous seeing those hats, worried if the guy was out now. Then another guy in line bought Scribblenauts off the shelf, and the clerk didn't offer him a hat, as I guess, obviously, he hadn't preordered. When I got up there, I got my game and hat and promptly put it on my head and have been wearing it since. Went to Wal-mart, had a little boy point and laugh at me, had a woman ask me about the hat, and just saw lots of amused expressions. It's been a happy afternoon. :D

4-1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Hilarious. If you put a Wii contoller in your mouth, you'd be close to matching your avatar pic.

My pre-order shipped from Gamestop and the rooster hat is included.... can't wait. Will have it in 2 days.

Why did I think this game came out tomorrow?? I think the GS message about my preorder said Weds morning. It is still just Tues, right? Are people getting these today? They better have my hat saved!

Edit - just called, and they have the game and hat supposedly on hold for me (I did preorder of course so that should be expected). I'll pick it up in about an hour. I gots some trades to do there anyway.

bread's done
Back