Gamestop - Scribblenauts DS Preorder Bonus - Rooster Hat!

utopianmachine

Nintendo Fangirl
Feedback
241 (100%)
Reserve Scribblenauts and receive a GameStop Exclusive Scribblenauts Rooster Hat. Now you can look just like Scribblenauts star Maxwell without going through the hassle of turning yourself into a cartoon character. Available for online and in-store customers, while supplies last.

Scribblenauts.gif

If it doesn't come with that jar, I'm going to fill jipped. :lol:

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=74879

[quote name='io']Why did I think this game came out tomorrow?? I think the GS message about my preorder said Weds morning. It is still just Tues, right? Are people getting these today? They better have my hat saved![/QUOTE]
I Got a text from Gamestop saying it'll be in Tuesday AM.

They left me a phone message from some girl who was WAY too perky. Also, there was a weird beep that kept happening during the message which was annoying. It made the game's arrival time inaudible:
"Your copy of.... SCRIBBLENAUTS!.... will arrive on **BEEEEEP** morning!"

-_- Luckly I knew when the game came out, but I didn't know if they were doing a midnight launch of not (I figured they wouldn't be, and I guessed by the "morning" I was able to pick out that they weren't).

This is why I started ordering online at Gamestop when it came to preorder purchases. I got SCREWED when Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence came out (they gave away my Limited Edition order and claimed that had no more Saga DVD's left). Especially now that I've graduated college, I can't exactly just "ditch" work to wait for Gamestop to open. The only downside from ordering online is that sometimes things can arrive damaged though. Anyway, my hat and game are scheduled to arrive tomorrow according to UPS. Woooot

TRU was sold out, so I didn't have many options. Luckily they had plenty of hats left, though if I hadn't asked for it, I wouldn't have gotten one.

People need more humor in their lives. Both the lady next to me in the store and the employee shook their heads at the hat. As if any other preorder bonus is less goofy?

[quote name='bojay1997']Let me get this straight, you're not even intending to give Gamestop the actual sale of the game, but you still want the free hat and if they don't give it to you, you're gonna punish them by canceling a pre-order you don't intend to keep anyway and two others? That's not being a CAG, that's being an unreasonable jerk.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='allyourblood']Agreed.[/QUOTE]

:lol: GS and I have a love/hate relationship. That post was more for dramatic effect than anything else. I'm a decent person in real life and wouldn't really cancel the pre-orders out of spite. I guess I did come off as a dick in that post. Just so you know, those pre-orders were for Chrono Trigger and some other game. I made them a while back and just haven't gotten around to cancel them or move them to a newer game.

BTW, I did get the rooster hat and even picked up my NHL 2010 pre-order. The manager at that store has been cool with me in the past. Although, he did tell the clerk today to make sure he added the pre-order bonus on the receipt to prevent a return but it doesn't matter since I'll still find a way to return to the game.

[quote name='chuckywang']Dude you're wearing it backwards in your pic ...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm a trendsetter. Actually I didn't notice it until I was looking at the picture again and realized that the white band probably shouldn't be in the front, so yeah, I'm a total goof for not only wearing a rooster hat but wearing it backward.

I definitely preordered this in July and didn't get my hat when I picked up my game at GS. Anyone know if there is anyway to get GS to credit me for my lack of awesome?

[quote name='bob330i']Hilarious. If you put a Wii contoller in your mouth, you'd be close to matching your avatar pic.[/QUOTE]

i concur.

[quote name='bantheradio']I definitely preordered this in July and didn't get my hat when I picked up my game at GS. Anyone know if there is anyway to get GS to credit me for my lack of awesome?[/QUOTE]

I would have canceled the reservation on the spot and would have also canceled any other preorders at that store as well.

I'm not sure if you can get anything for your trouble but perhaps going to tellgamestop.com and writing about your situation will get you a gift card of some sort. You never know, maybe your DM isn't a prick and can get you a rooster hat.

This is twice in the past two weeks that Gamestop has surprised me with how fast its shipping is. Even though I've chosen budget shipping (and used the SAVER coupon to boot) I've gotten both Muramasa and Scribblenauts on their release dates. Game arrived, hat was included and in good condition.

The only problem is that the hat doesn't fit my head! Strap barely makes it around my chin and only stays fastened for two seconds because I have to stretch the strap so much just to get the velcro flaps to touch each other :lol: I fully expected this, though, because I apparently have an abnormally huge cranium. I remember being fitted for my mortar board a couple of months before high school graduation and being told I had to get one custom made because apparently the hat company's supposed one-size-fits-all hat didn't fit me. When our hats came in everyone in my grade marveled that my hat was 1 1/3 times the size of everyone else's. Oh well, it's not like I seriously wanted the thing to wear it. It's a freakish and awesome conversation piece.

[quote name='botticus']TRU was sold out, so I didn't have many options. Luckily they had plenty of hats left, though if I hadn't asked for it, I wouldn't have gotten one.

People need more humor in their lives. Both the lady next to me in the store and the employee shook their heads at the hat. As if any other preorder bonus is less goofy?[/QUOTE]
No TRU or hat :(

Well , im not going to my local gamestop anymore and pulled over $100 worth of reserves. I had reserved scribblenauts months ago and even went in last night to pay in full and make sure they would hold a hat for me . Low and behold they did not .

This was my FORTH issue with this store and i had enough with their bullfuck .

I wish i could just cash out the Two Hundred plus of credit i have .

[quote name='fwbweux']Oh well, it's not like I seriously wanted the thing to wear it. It's a freakish and awesome conversation piece.[/QUOTE]

I like wearing it without doing the velcro. :)

[quote name='fwbweux']This is twice in the past two weeks that Gamestop has surprised me with how fast its shipping is. Even though I've chosen budget shipping (and used the SAVER coupon to boot) I've gotten both Muramasa and Scribblenauts on their release dates. Game arrived, hat was included and in good condition.

The only problem is that the hat doesn't fit my head! Strap barely makes it around my chin and only stays fastened for two seconds because I have to stretch the strap so much just to get the velcro flaps to touch each other :lol: I fully expected this, though, because I apparently have an abnormally huge cranium. I remember being fitted for my mortar board a couple of months before high school graduation and being told I had to get one custom made because apparently the hat company's supposed one-size-fits-all hat didn't fit me. When our hats came in everyone in my grade marveled that my hat was 1 1/3 times the size of everyone else's. Oh well, it's not like I seriously wanted the thing to wear it. It's a freakish and awesome conversation piece.[/QUOTE]

I'll buy it off of you. >_>

I didn't know TRU had hats, so I didn't ask when I bought my copy. Oh well.

The whole things been wierd.
For the first time I got a text message from GS telling me my pre order was in instead of super chipper Computer Ashley. It gets leaked and everyone's playing it already and posting lists of every possible creation which I'm trying not to read. Show up early to increase the odds of getting a hat and the manager says they haven't been delivered yet, call later in the afternoon. Called them up, hats there, raced down there and got one.
Was so happy to actually get one that I wore it on the spot walked out of there with it on, security guard standing outside is like WTF?

The game itself is fun. Doesn't recognize or gives me something random for a disappointing amount of stuff. Like when I'm trying to scare off what must be the worlds toughest bee. How about one of those smokers that beekeepers use (Beekeeper already fled in terror). Typed out Smoker. A green parrot is summoned. Type out smoke gun. An automatic pistol appears. Typed out smoke. A small cloud of smoke appears, bee inhales it, passes out for a few seconds. I shoot the bee with the pistol.

[quote name='utopianmachine']I like wearing it without doing the velcro. :)[/QUOTE]

I repositioned it on my head, got the straps to stretch a little farther, but (just my luck!) it fastens right over my Adam's Apple and gags me :lol: I tried it without fastening the velcro, and I actually kind of like it better that way.

Either way, looks like I have to be gentle when wearing it. I've already got a crack in the Scribblenauts logo decal on the back.

[quote name='MDogg17']I'll buy it off of you. >_> [/QUOTE]

Even if I eventually get rid of it, I'm going to at least try to use it to get some Scribblenauts converts first. Hopefully friends will see it when they're over and ask about it, thus giving me the opportunity to thrust a DS + Scribblenauts into their hands. Maybe I should find a nice, conspicuous place to display it...

[quote name='Waterhouse']The game itself is fun. Doesn't recognize or gives me something random for a disappointing amount of stuff. Like when I'm trying to scare off what must be the worlds toughest bee. How about one of those smokers that beekeepers use (Beekeeper already fled in terror). Typed out Smoker. A green parrot is summoned. Type out smoke gun. An automatic pistol appears. Typed out smoke. A small cloud of smoke appears, bee inhales it, passes out for a few seconds. I shoot the bee with the pistol.[/QUOTE]

I tried smoke on the bee too. Finally killed it with a venus fly trap.

I picked up the game and hat today. The hat is really nice, I thought it was going to be cheap and small. But it's not, it is good quality and it fits my head. I won't be caught wearing it though lol. When the cashier handed me the hat he chuckled, but IDGAF.

The Gamestop I preordered from only got 1 hat for 5 preorders. I had to call around town to find a store willing to give me an extra one after showing them my preorder receipt. I think this was poorly planned and a lot of people that preordered at the stores got screwed!

[quote name='Waterhouse']The game itself is fun. Doesn't recognize or gives me something random for a disappointing amount of stuff. Like when I'm trying to scare off what must be the worlds toughest bee. How about one of those smokers that beekeepers use (Beekeeper already fled in terror). Typed out Smoker. A green parrot is summoned. Type out smoke gun. An automatic pistol appears. Typed out smoke. A small cloud of smoke appears, bee inhales it, passes out for a few seconds. I shoot the bee with the pistol.[/QUOTE]

That made me smile. :)

[quote name='fwbweux']I tried smoke on the bee too. Finally killed it with a venus fly trap.[/QUOTE]

Lol! I'll have to remember that!

[quote name='lukejskywalker']I think this was poorly planned and a lot of people that preordered at the stores got screwed![/QUOTE]

It really sounds like the game got more publicity and preorders than were anticipated. I'm glad to see its gotten so much attention, though. This is one developer which needs to be supported. I haven't preordered a game in at least a year, but I knew before a preorder bonus was annouced I was gonna preorder this one. They just deserve it.

Got mine today, but the elastic on the back isn't attached on both ends. I'm not sure it'd fit over my head if it was, but I suppose a needle and some thread should take care of it, eventually.

And yeah, the store I went to said they got shorted too, and it was fcfs. I guess I was lucky they still had 'em even after work.

OK, I just realized after looking at some of your pictures that I had this on him backwards :rofl:. I was wondering why there was a stupid piece of white elastic right on his forehead. In any case, I thought it would be hard to get him to wear it for the picture. It turned out I couldn't get him to take it off afterwards! I had to go somewhere with him (as you can see in the picture he's getting his shoes on so we could go in the car). He ended up wearing it out (backwards of course) and got many laughs from various people who of course had no idea what it was supposed to be.

I finally got it off of him without him screaming "NO!" at me and put it in my office. Tomorrow I'll have to take more pictures with it on properly.

Then my other kids took the game from me and have been playing it non-stop. I think one of them is still up in his room playing - need to take it away so he can go to sleep!

I was able to go in today at about 2pm and get the game and hat with no problem. I didn't have to ask about it, I just said I came to pick up my copy and the first thing he did after asking for my number was grab the hat. While I still don't like GS as a whole, this one store in particular is by far the best one I've ever been to.

[quote name='lukejskywalker']The Gamestop I preordered from only got 1 hat for 5 preorders. I had to call around town to find a store willing to give me an extra one after showing them my preorder receipt. I think this was poorly planned and a lot of people that preordered at the stores got screwed![/QUOTE]

This is kind of what happened to me with the Mirror's Edge pre-order bags, except the store I went to didn't get any in. But instead of making me call around and seeing if any other stores had extra bags, the manager actually did so himself and went out of his way to go get them for all of us who were essentially screwed. This is why I'll go out of my way to go to this store and pre-order stuff despite there being a closer GS just up the street from me (they've never screwed me or anything, but they just don't seem to have their shit together as much as this one does).

[quote name='Rockgamer']
This is kind of what happened to me with the Mirror's Edge pre-order bags, except the store I went to didn't get any in. But instead of making me call around and seeing if any other stores had extra bags, the manager actually did so himself and went out of his way to go get them for all of us who were essentially screwed. This is why I'll go out of my way to go to this store and pre-order stuff despite there being a closer GS just up the street from me (they've never screwed me or anything, but they just don't seem to have their shit together as much as this one does).[/QUOTE]
And that's why I'm never going to order from GS.com again. While store managers may or may not be helpful, the people manning the email support told me to fuck off when I didn't get a bag.

I feel very lucky that I was able to get my hat since I wasn't able to make it to GS till it was about to close, I got in at 7:50 when they close at 8:00

I was then told that I was the only one that pre-ordered it and was handed the only hat they got. REALLY? only I pre ordered it? I find that shocking.

But that hat is great.

[quote name='Denbo32']People need to use spoiler buttons on the stuff they used to get through some stages.[/QUOTE]

I would think this would make more sense to put in the Scribblenauts thread on the DS forum. No one is talking about that here.

[quote name='utopianmachine']I would think this would make more sense to put in the Scribblenauts thread on the DS forum. No one is talking about that here.[/QUOTE]

There were a few posts a page back that were saying how they got through some stuff.

got my hat yesterday at 6pm. The GS guy said he would give me the hat if i wore it outside the store, no prob. When I got outside there was someone screaming at me from the parking lot, it was another guy wearing his scribblenauts hat getting into his car.

[quote name='Denbo32']There were a few posts a page back that were saying how they got through some stuff.[/QUOTE]

Ah, okay. I like to peek into the Scribblenauts thread to see some things I might not have thought of, but I definitely don't want to go read the full list of items that are in the game. Talk about ruining things. I love it when I think of something I haven't used yet. When I saw the strategy guide yesterday at GameStop, I laughed. A strategy guide would just ruin this sort of game.

[quote name='mykee98']got my hat yesterday at 6pm. The GS guy said he would give me the hat if i wore it outside the store, no prob. When I got outside there was someone screaming at me from the parking lot, it was another guy wearing his scribblenauts hat getting into his car.[/QUOTE]

You know, even though I too am among the folks that happily wore their hat around town for a while yesterday, I'm actually still amazed so many people did so. I'm still amazed again and again with how much attention this game has got. It deserves it, certainly, but it's so rare when a new property gets this much attention. :applause:

[quote name='Denbo32']I feel very lucky that I was able to get my hat since I wasn't able to make it to GS till it was about to close, I got in at 7:50 when they close at 8:00

I was then told that I was the only one that pre-ordered it and was handed the only hat they got. REALLY? only I pre ordered it? I find that shocking.

But that hat is great.[/QUOTE]

I was told by a manager that the store was expecting 12 hats for 11 pre-orders. I was one of the first two to pre-order. Good thing. The store only got 3 hats and the worker bees were told to tell the others that the hats were going to the first pre-orders.

I love the hat. It is hilarious and well made. My kids want to fight over it. But, they are now on Facebook wearing the hat.

utopianmachine -

I know its just a hat but at lunch i was so tempted to drive all the way to GS just to get it. I didn't want to miss out. I got lucky and having someone screaming "SCRIBBLENAUTS YAAAYYYY!!!" wearing the same hat made it worth it.

Totally rocking the hat at work right now, it's been an attention getter and I think I've convinced three people here to get the game. That makes the total at 5. I should get someone to take a picture of me wearing the hat while using my Gears of War Lancer (also at work) hahaha.

P.S. This hat's really comfortable and warm. Like my ears are very, very warm. I will rock this in the winter, no joke.

[quote name='mykee98']utopianmachine -

I know its just a hat but at lunch i was so tempted to drive all the way to GS just to get it. I didn't want to miss out. I got lucky and having someone screaming "SCRIBBLENAUTS YAAAYYYY!!!" wearing the same hat made it worth it.[/QUOTE]

I was really torn between the Toys R Us giftcard and the rooster hat, but in the end, I decided I wanted the hat more. I had a feeling it would go for a fair amount on eBay, and it looks like I was right. At least initially.

Glad it brought you some happiness. It sure brightened my day yesterday.

[quote name='Zeeman']P.S. This hat's really comfortable and warm. Like my ears are very, very warm. I will rock this in the winter, no joke.[/QUOTE]

I was really surprised that the hat didn't interfere with my hearing, like, in being too thick over the ears. I wear a hearing aid in one ear, and that was a big concern for me. I really love this hat. I hope to wear it many many times, but I sure hope that the Scribblenauts logo won't come off in the wash...

OK, this time I got it on him right ;).

He's 22 months old by the way - just a bit younger than Cheapy's kid Tai:

[quote name='180husher']I had kids so I won't have to do yard work or take out the garbage ever again.[/QUOTE]

Ah, there's the other incentive. So I guess as soon my fiance and I get married and move into a house, we should obviously start having children. What age can kids start mowing the lawn? 5?

Ah who am I fooling. I only want to have kids so I can put things like Scribblenauts hats on their heads and dress them in Pikachu costumes daily. ;)

I got mine yesterday! The game is absolutely enjoyable and excellent! So is the hat ;)

Unfortunately for me though, my enormous cranium makes it a bit difficult to strap the velcro on. Once I do, it's a bit too snug for my head. The hat is still awesome though!

[quote name='imacgod']Unfortunately for me though, my enormous cranium makes it a bit difficult to strap the velcro on. Once I do, it's a bit too snug for my head. The hat is still awesome though![/QUOTE]

Wear it without doing the velco. Far more comfortable.

09-15-09_1329.jpg

:D

My store didn't get them on Tuesday.
I call Wednesday and they say they ran out.

Wow, only reason I pre-ordered the game. I was actually a little pissed.
Cancelled it and kept my TRU copy.

bread's done
Back