GameStop Spring Breaks Sale (4/1-4/7)

skycat561

CAGiversary!
Feedback
32 (100%)
[preview] [IMG-R=5838]26965[/IMG-R]The GameStop Spring Sale features buy 2, get 1 free sales on PSP and DS games and accessories and discounts on games from all platforms.

icongs_r1.gif
GameStop Spring Breaks Sale [/preview]

:3ds:
Ben 10: Galactic Racing 14.99
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 19.99
Mario and Sonic: London Olympic Games 29.99
Skylanders Spyro's Adventure Pack 49.99

:ds:
LEGO Batman 14.99
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 14.99
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 14.99​
icongs_r1.gif
B2G1 on preowned DS games and accessories

:360:
Assassin's Creed Revelations 19.99
Batman: Arkham City CE 69.99
Batman: Arkham City 29.99
Battlefield 3 39.99
Black Eyed Peas Experience 29.99
Borderlands GOTY 19.99
Call of Duty MW3 39.99
Catherine 29.99
Darkness 2 49.99
Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 49.99
FIFA Soccer 12 49.99
FIFA Street SD 39.99
Gears of War 3 29.99
Grand Theft Auto IV Complete Edition 19.99
Hulk Hogan's Main Event 9.99
Just Dance 3 29.99
Just Dance Kids 2 19.99
King of Fighters XIII 29.99
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning SD 39.99
Kung Fu High Impact 19.99
LA Noire 19.99
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 Coll 14.99
Marvel vs Capcom 3 9.99
Mass Effect 3 SD 49.99
Michael Jackson The Experience 29.99
Mortal Kombat : Komplete Edition 29.99
Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition 29.99
Soul Calibur V 39.99
SSX SD 39.99
Tiger Woods 13 SD 49.99
Twister Mania 9.99
Zumba Fitness Rush 39.99

:wii:
ABBA You Can Dance 19.99
Black Eyed Peas Experience 29.99
Go Vacation 14.99
Just Dance 29.99
Just Dance 2 29.99
Just Dance 3 29.99
Just Dance Kids 19.99
Just Dance Kids 2 19.99
Just Dance Summer Party 19.99
Mario and Sonic: London Olympic Games 29.99
Michael Jackson The Experience 29.99
Zumba Fitness 2 29.99

:ps3:
Assassin's Creed Revelations 19.99
Batman: Arkham City CE 69.99
Batman: Arkham City 29.99
Battlefield 3 39.99
Borderlands GOTY 19.99
Call of Duty MW3 39.99
Catherine 29.99
Darkness 2 49.99
FIFA Soccer 12 49.99
FIFA Street SD 39.99
Grand Theft Auto IV Complete Edition 19.99
Just Dance 3 29.99
Just Dance Kids 2 19.99
King of Fighters XIII 29.99
LA Noire 19.99
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 Coll 14.99
Marvel vs Capcom 3 9.99
Mass Effect 3 SD 49.99
Mortal Kombat : Komplete Edition 29.99
Red Dead Redemption: Game of the Year Edition 29.99
Soul Calibur V 39.99
SSX SD 39.99
Tiger Woods 13 SD 49.99
Twised Metal SD 49.99
White Knight Chronicles II 19.99

:psp: Vita
Hotshots Golf World Invitational $29.99
ModNation Racers $19.99
Unit 13 $29.99

:psp: PSP
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7 $14.99
:psp: B2G1 on preowned PSP games and accessories

:pc:
Battlefield 3 39.99
Mass Effect SD 49.99
Skylanders Spyro's Adventure Pack 39.99

Last edited by a moderator:
So, does anyone know why Assassin's Creed: Revelations is the only game that the used price didn't drop? Still showing $49.99 online.Is in-store any different?

[quote name='Jack_Frost']KoF is one of if not THE most strict fighting games, if you want to get good at it and play competitively its going to be much harder than the other fighting games....but if you're just a casual/button masher guess it can be fun too. The online is un-playable due to lag. I personally love it, $30 is meh imo unless its the version that comes with the soundtracks[/QUOTE]

I just picked this up and my copy was the one with the soundtrack. I dont think GS has many of these in stock though, i got the last copy at my store and all the others are saying limited stock.

[quote name='weeman43302']So, does anyone know why Assassin's Creed: Revelations is the only game that the used price didn't drop? Still showing $49.99 online.Is in-store any different?[/QUOTE]

i know the 50% trade in bonus is still going on today but
does anyone know todays tiv for assasins creed: rev. ?
could this be the reason that no coupons whatsoever wil work with with game. ? (* ie $5 off any one item) and the reason the used price didnt drop. ?

are they trying to stop flipping on that today ?

[quote name='jr1016']I'm sure this has been asked before but does buying used still give you all the DLC characters?[/QUOTE]

All the characters are on the MK Complete disc whether it's new or used. New copies come w/codes to download the original movie and MK game soundtrack.

[quote name='hlb96']Thinking of picking up KoA:R to support the developer. However, if I only get one RPG should it be this or wait for the Witcher in 2 weeks?[/QUOTE]

I would say Witcher 2 unless a game like Fable or Torchlight/Diablo is your favorite game, then I would say Amalur. Amalur is an EA game so it will likely see more sales than a WB published game made by Polish devs.

[quote name='jr1016']I just tried it online with my PUR Pro/Silver and it still showed full price. Might just grab used copy if they have it in stock.

I'm sure this has been asked before but does buying used still give you all the DLC characters?[/QUOTE]

Dlc characters are on the disc so they are not codes. You may not get the soundtrack or the DL of the original mk movie though.

[quote name='nas6034']Picked up the "last copy" of MK:KE. In the booklet it says you need the "kombat pass". Obviously the MK:KE doesn't come with one. Anyone know what's up with that?[/QUOTE]

The instruction book does not say Komplete edition on it so I assume they just recycled the book from the original release as this one definitely doesn't need the pass.

[quote name='weeman43302']So, does anyone know why Assassin's Creed: Revelations is the only game that the used price didn't drop? Still showing $49.99 online.Is in-store any different?[/QUOTE]

Yeah it's the same way in store. The dude told me this morning that AC:R & Gears were the only two games that didn't get a used drop and that he was told to pull the used copies off the floor until the sale is over.

Well, AC Revelations is definitely 49.99 used. That didnt go down, so I didnt get it.
I got Batman AC for 27.99, and I used my B2G1 coupon to also get Portal 2 and Sonic Generations.
I know theres supposed to be a B2G1 on wednesday, but I thought it was better to beat everyone to the punch before all the games I want disappear. That tends to happen to me a lot.

There were quite a few sealed AC Revelations and Batman AC behind the counter too. Some WKC2 too.
Also, is my store lazy or is it the norm to NOT put out the ad or change the sticker prices? Everything was normal. There was no indication of the sale. The clerk was the only one who had the ad behind the register. He had to look up to see that Batman AC was a lower price than 49.99. It also only went through after I used by Powerup card. Otherwise it doesnt do it.

Oh and also, when I bought the used copy Batman AC, the catwoman dlc code was printed on the receipt. Just a heads up.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Brother Daz']Yeah it's the same way in store. The dude told me this morning that AC:R & Gears were the only two games that didn't get a used drop and that he was told to pull the used copies off the floor until the sale is over.[/QUOTE]

Well that bites. I don't really care about the online pass and wanted to use it as part a b2g1 if they starrt it on Wednesday. Oh well, looks like I'll be waiting on it.

[quote name='Chuckiefresh']I was interested in Unit 13 for Vita for $29.99 but after adding taxes and ground shipping it ended up being $39.20! Bwahahaah! This was a good reminder of why I almost never buy my games from Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

Couldn't you just pick up in store?

I notice that the button to find in store has been disabled for Catherine. It also says not available for store pickup. Guess I have to call around.

[quote name='MetalMegaGio']Picked up
-Borderlands GOTY for X360
-Twister Mania for X360
-Hulk Hogan Main Event
I had no luck getting White Knight Chronicles 2 or MVC 3 for PS3[/QUOTE]

I sure hope Gamestop gave you HHME for free. That game is terrible brother!!!!!

[quote name='dmdragon']The instruction book does not say Komplete edition on it so I assume they just recycled the book from the original release as this one definitely doesn't need the pass.[/QUOTE]
That's if you actually count that laughable single sheet fold-out thing they threw in the case as an instruction manual.:roll: Warner Brothers did like so many other companies have done and just put the instruction manual on the disc now. The MK merchandise catalog they included in the copies of the original game was actually thicker than that 'manual'.:cry:

[quote name='Unspoken Wizard']Lol I forgot, does a 20% coupon work with the used prices, like I was looking at Hulk Hogan or Lego Harry Potter used[/QUOTE]

if you can get it to work more power to you. i would hold off on the coupon till the b2g1 wed. as there seems to be issues woth coupon use on the spring sale items

[quote name='Unspoken Wizard']Sad that Marvel Vs. Capcom didn't drop the used price, I would def go grab that[/QUOTE]

If it did drop it would only be what, a 2$ difference or so ? I think 9.99 is a good price for the vanilla version. I think you should just wait for the ultimate version to go on sale anyway

[quote name='MSUHitman']All the characters are on the MK Complete disc whether it's new or used. New copies come w/codes to download the original movie and MK game soundtrack.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info, I picked up a new copy instead since they didn't have a used one. Rang up $29.99 with my PUR.

Contemplating MGS: Peace Walker, Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, and Dissidia Duodecim for $33. I'd pretty much never have to buy another PSP game again...

Picked up White Knight Chronicles 2 for $20 and Got Modnation racers for $10!

Coupon didn't stack for me, but the guy asked the store manager to come check it out and I showed him the email on my Galaxy Nexus and said there is no "not valid with any other offers" or "not valid on sale prices" in the fine print -- he agreed and said "well it's corporates money that they'll be losing!.. not mine!" and over-rode the computer. Was sure to thank him for not trying to take the easy way out!

[quote name='snatcher33']I sure hope Gamestop gave you HHME for free. That game is terrible brother!!!!![/QUOTE]

Oh trust me they will see me there tommorow just finished playing it and its garbage good thing i bought it pre owned.

Just came back from gs and pick up MK:KE, WNC2 and GTA 4: CE...They try to give me copies from the self in front of the store instead of behind the register and I said I only want seal copies of the games... I think they want to get rid of the open copies they have first before giving out the sealed ones to ppl...

It was a huge pain in the ass (e.g. - the $10 off coupon doesn't stack), but I ultimately got ModNation Racers Vita for $10.

[quote name='oldschool990']Just came back from gs and pick up MK:KE, WNC2 and GTA 4: CE...They try to give me copies from the self in front of the store instead of behind the register and I said I only want seal copies of the games... I think they want to get rid of the open copies they have first before giving out the sealed ones to ppl...[/QUOTE]

You're correct, that is their intention.

[quote name='SeraphiMichael']I notice that the button to find in store has been disabled for Catherine. It also says not available for store pickup. Guess I have to call around.[/QUOTE]

Darn it. I hope there is still a copy of Cahterine at my gamestop on friday when I pick up Xenoblade Chronicles.

Well got the last copies of WKC2 here (It also came with the White Knight Avatar DLC o_O), and a copy of GTA4 Complete.

Tried to use the 10$ off Modnation, but it didnt work. And didnt have any idea who the two employee's there were so i'll just try back later when the manager is there

Also, had them check for GTA4 and WKC2 used, apparently the used prices must not have dropped in store yet? Because both stores i called still had them at the 26.99 price, but didnt have them in stock anyway.

I don't know about you guys but I'm calling this Vita promo+sale "stacking" dead. I tried going through check out online with the promotional $10 off and the SPRING sale $10 off and here's what I got. I'm guessing this is why no one has had any success with this in-store because it can't be combined with other offers. Whoever mentioned the promotion ending on 4/5/12 is wrong its good until 5/5/12. That's better but without stacking its almost useless. Here's to hoping for some pricedrops by next month...LOL!

PSVITASALE.jpg

called all around me for copies of WKCII with a unanimous "sold out" so i just picked it up online...with a copy of revelations and soul calibur v guide

[quote name='theyoungfreshone']I don't know about you guys but I'm calling this Vita promo+sale "stacking" dead. I tried going through check out online with the promotional $10 off and the SPRING sale $10 off and here's what I got. I'm guessing this is why no one has had any success with this in-store because it can't be combined with other offers. Whoever mentioned the promotion ending on 4/5/12 is wrong its good until 5/5/12. That's better but without stacking its almost useless. Here's to hoping for some pricedrops by next month...LOL!

PSVITASALE.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Deal NEVER worked online

[quote name='ZeroFlame15']So I take it if I wait till Friday, I will miss out on the deals?[/QUOTE]

Possibly. Depends on what your looking for, some games are going to be harder to find than others.

Ah, only game I want is White Knight Chronicles 2, but after shipping and tax is comes out to around $25.xx. It's $29.xx on Amazon and I have prime... I checked 2 stores, but they were sold out. May wait.

Got Catherine and Assassins Creed Revelations. Sealed too, as they hadn't performed a disc biopsy... yet, I got there early.

Mine were sealed too :D, i was surprised since the guy had put the gutted ones out on the desk too. Guess he knew i was a regular and not to skimp me lol

[quote name='dgwillia006']Possibly. Depends on what your looking for, some games are going to be harder to find than others.[/QUOTE]

Well Im looking at SCV, MK: K, and Catherine, and WKC:II. Are those the big items?

[quote name='ZeroFlame15']Well Im looking at SCV, MK: K, and Catherine, and WKC:II. Are those the big items?[/QUOTE]

Catherine is probably gonna be a little tough to find. I had to drive to an out of the way Gamestop. I believe it is out of production, so I think whatever they had will be all. I got the last sealed copy at the GS I went too.

[quote name='ZeroFlame15']Well Im looking at SCV, MK: K, and Catherine, and WKC:II. Are those the big items?[/QUOTE]

WKC 2 was all showing as low stock Saturday night where I'm at near Houston. The first one I went to at 11:45 opened at 10 and were sold out already. The guy told me to try to get there when they opened when I traded some games in on Thursday. Fortunately, the one in the mall across the street opened at noon and he called over there and had them hold me a copy.

Lol I guess I got lucky today then cuz I went to BB and bought batman and used my coupon on a used la noire. Traded those in for a used Catherine and wkc2 with working codes ... Didn't know they were hard to find.

bread's done
Back