GameStop TIV/Promos: Old Thread, New Thread in First/Last Posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
Old thread, new thread here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8775793

WHEN REPORTING TRADE-IN VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

First post contains promo information & useful information and frequently asked questions. The second post is blank currently but is there for expansion or to revert back to the way things were. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP values. Sixth post has hardware/accessory values for all systems.

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

Upcoming Promotions:

[quote name='Anonymous GameStop Employee']Trade 3 for 10 is extended.
50 for ps3/xb360 towards new hardware is extended.
25% power trade for Madden and Gears
40% more towards Rage (not yet confirmed but thats what i am told)

50% more towards preowned ends
40% towards e3 titles ends.[/QUOTE]

Current Promotions:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Trade 3 for an extra $10 (Ends 8/21/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 3 360, PS3, Wii, DS, PSP or 3DS games and get an extra $10 in-store credit.

Games with a trade value less than $2.00 are excluded from offer. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer subject to change at anytime. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.[/QUOTE]

$50 Hardware Bonus Toward New Hardware (Ends 8/21/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get $50 extra in-store credit on any Xbox 360 or PS3 system traded toward any new hardware.

Offer valid toward the purchase of new hardware only. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Gears of War 3, Madden 2012 or Rage (Ends 8/21/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Power Trade: Get a 25% trade bonus on any games traded toward a new copy of Gears of War 3, Madden 2012 or RAGE.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Gears of War 3, Madden 2012 or RAGE. While supplies last. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.[/QUOTE]

$30 NCAA to Madden Rollover Coupon (Ends 9/4/11)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get $30 in-store credit for NCAA 2012 when traded toward the purchase of Madden NFL 2012.

Coupon required, limit 1 coupon per customer. Coupon must be surrendered upon use. Trade value amount must be applied toward reserve/purchase of a new Madden '12. Trade must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer not valid toward cash trades. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice.Offer expires 09/04/11[/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

I don't want to get hassled about the values I post, how can I get the information out there?
If you do not feel comfortable or willing to put the values in the thread you have two options available. You can input them in the TIV tracker or you can send them to me via PM. Either way the database and these lists will be updated. Putting them into the TIV tracker does save me some time later on.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value:
$0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

What are the refurb fees on consoles?
They are listed in the hardware TIV section, highlight in red.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Unless stated otherwise, and they are rarely included, the bonuses never apply to accessories. Except the EDGE card of course.

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
I can't give concretes on why this happens. GameStop computers are normally pretty good at giving you the better promo. In the case of a percentage bonus being run at the same time as a "Trade X, get $X" promo, things can get messy. The system appears to only give one promo on games per transaction so if you had a few games that you want to go to the percentage bonus and a stack for the "Trade X, Get $X" it will regularly apply the percentage to all of the games. Your best bet is to do all "Trade X, Get $X" games in one transaction on their own. The GameStop clerk may say that the system will figure it all out, tell them you want a separate transaction anyway. As always, check your receipt before you leave the store.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
*Fat unit requires either back cover or network adapter*
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above. They will not, however, take RROD 360 consoles. There may be stores that still do it, but official policy is to not take them in.

What is the difference between PowerUp Rewards and PowerUp Rewards Pro?
The basic card is free and only allows you to acrew points when spending money. The Pro card costs $14.99 and is basically the same as the previous EDGE program.

How much does a PowerUp Rewards Pro subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an PowerUp Rewards Pro card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game, extra 10% off the purchase of pre-owned games and 10% off new strategy guides.

Does the Power Up Rewards Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on. However, if you look at the wordings on promos, they can remove the bonus trade-in value if they decide to.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card. Some will report success, but this requires a manual override and is very YMMV.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Connecticut, Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
No Information Yet:

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Denbo32']Yes, assuming that they are current gen games that have TiV $1.50 or higher.[/QUOTE]
$2 , not $1.50. Someone mentioned $1.5 earlier, but they were wrong.

really, damn I haven't checked myself, but I thought 1.50 was going to be big, I had a few 1.50 games I wanted to clean out the last few times.

[quote name='kingsnuff']

Got shot down using the 40% coupon at one store (dude said they needed the actual coupon and not a printout) so I drove to my local GS and they accepted it no questions asked.[/QUOTE]

Well that's a first. Must been a dick manager then.

[quote name='bigpimpin07']Will they take in RROD for $95?? I have one just laying around that I wouldn't mind trading in[/QUOTE]

I doubt it, I didn't mean mine was red ringing, it did before and we got it repaired under warranty, and it's only been turned on a few times since. I was just saying on these early 360's the fixes are only temporary. It will RROD again, just a matter of when.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Last question. If i use the 40% coupon, can i also use PUR coupon to lower the price of a game that i want, all at the same visit?[/QUOTE]

Yes you can, just do your trade in, have them put the credit on your card, and buy what you want on a separate transaction to make the process easier.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']Yes you can, just do your trade in, have them put the credit on your card, and buy what you want on a separate transaction to make the process easier.[/QUOTE]

thank you for the response.

[quote name='vlv723']Well that's a first. Must been a dick manager then.[/QUOTE]

Yea my girlfriend said I was wrong for getting upset, I just didnt see the point of not scanning the coupon, so instead of arguing I just left. Only reason I went to multiple Gamestop was because I didnt think they would apply the extra $10 every 3 games if I traded them all in at once. Pretty good promos though, paid off half of my PS3 slim.

[quote name='imacgod']Yeah, iTunes gift cards, Xbox DLC, and anything else hanging on the card stand besides their own GameStop gift cards are all purchasable with your credit.[/QUOTE]

Damn, you can't buy GS gift cards with your GS credit?

[quote name='Dranakin']Damn, you can't buy GS gift cards with your GS credit?[/QUOTE]

It seems like you can move your credit to separate GS gift cards according to some other CAGs, so maybe you can. They said they couldn't the last time I tried which was a couple of years back and when EDGE was still around.

But, I purchased non-GS gift cards and DLC recently with credit, so those definitely work.

[quote name='imacgod']It seems like you can move your credit to separate GS gift cards according to some other CAGs, so maybe you can. They said they couldn't the last time I tried which was a couple of years back and when EDGE was still around.

But, I purchased non-GS gift cards and DLC recently with credit, so those definitely work.[/QUOTE]

You can buy a GS gift card with your credit. I've done it myself to in essence, sell my credit for cash.

PS3:
Monopoly Street: $15
Hasbro Family Game Night: $14
Rockband Green Day: $5

Xbox360:
Ghostbusters: $4
Dead to Rights Retribution: $8

DS:
Kingdom Hearts 358/2: $7
IronMan 2: $5

Wii:
Batman Brave & the Bold: $5

[quote name='vlv723']Well that's a first. Must been a dick manager then.[/QUOTE]
Same thing happened to me, so I just did the E3 credit thing.

[quote name='Dranakin']Damn, you can't buy GS gift cards with your GS credit?[/QUOTE]

You can, but it'd be pretty dumb. At least in IL, GS credit is applied pre tax, while gift cards are applied post tax. So a $59.99 game would only cost you $59.99 in GS credit, but would cost you $59.99+tax in gift cards.

[quote name='chuckywang']You can, but it'd be pretty dumb. At least in IL, GS credit is applied pre tax, while gift cards are applied post tax. So a $59.99 game would only cost you $59.99 in GS credit, but would cost you $59.99+tax in gift cards.[/QUOTE]

Much easier to sell GC then just credit without giving up your powerup card.

7/12
:ps3: Battlefield Bad Company 2 - 15

I had to go back to my car for the 40% bonus coupon and wait in line again, even though there was a pad of them just sitting on the counter because the worker was being a douche and said I had to have the coupon myself. Seriously, what the F are you keeping the coupons for if not to give out to your customers...I know the less credit they pay out the better, but I am in there on a weekly basis trading shit in, so I would consider that being a regular customer, and helping them make money in turn selling my games for outrageous prices.

[quote name='nakanenui']7/12

I had to go back to my car for the 40% bonus coupon and wait in line again, even though there was a pad of them just sitting on the counter because the worker was being a douche and said I had to have the coupon myself. Seriously, what the F are you keeping the coupons for if not to give out to your customers...I know the less credit they pay out the better, but I am in there on a weekly basis trading shit in, so I would consider that being a regular customer, and helping them make money in turn selling my games for outrageous prices.[/QUOTE]I think they just want you to use the e3 promotion so they can get more pre-orders

[quote name='nakanenui']7/12

I had to go back to my car for the 40% bonus coupon and wait in line again, even though there was a pad of them just sitting on the counter because the worker was being a douche and said I had to have the coupon myself. Seriously, what the F are you keeping the coupons for if not to give out to your customers...I know the less credit they pay out the better, but I am in there on a weekly basis trading shit in, so I would consider that being a regular customer, and helping them make money in turn selling my games for outrageous prices.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like an opportunity to slam them on the tellgamestop website, make sure you specify in the comments the jackass who game poor customer service, and maybe time to use a different store. I was talking to a manger last week who said he had a good customer who had a poor experience with a clerk, who just had the clerk cancel every single preorder in the system as payback. The manager had to call up the customer and apologize :)

[quote name='chuckywang']You can, but it'd be pretty dumb. At least in IL, GS credit is applied pre tax, while gift cards are applied post tax. So a $59.99 game would only cost you $59.99 in GS credit, but would cost you $59.99+tax in gift cards.[/QUOTE]

In CA, tax is charged regardless. But anyway, was able to convert credit into gift cards to hand out. Thanks.

Also, are PUR coupons tied to the account? I have a B2G1 coupon from renewing my PU account, but it expires at the end of this month and I don't plan on using it. I don't mind PMing it to someone here if it's valid for someone else to use.

[quote name='Dranakin']In CA, tax is charged regardless. But anyway, was able to convert credit into gift cards to hand out. Thanks.

Also, are PUR coupons tied to the account? I have a B2G1 coupon from renewing my PU account, but it expires at the end of this month and I don't plan on using it. I don't mind PMing it to someone here if it's valid for someone else to use.[/QUOTE]ccan you pm it to me please:lol: there not tied to pur account btw

I'm just a few points away from 4000, and that's when I can get one of those $5/off any preowned games coupons.

My question: If I trade in a game today, will those trade-in "points" show up immediately, a day, or a week? I've never paid much attention to when trade-ins show up.

Thanks!

I bought 3 games with credit and had to pay tax in Michigan.

I wonder, if you trade in to get the promotional E3 40% credit, then a week later you decided not to want that, will you get that credit towards to other used games or will it be deducted to normal value trade in minus 40%?

Thanks!

[quote name='Sunfire14']Just need that promo and some luck that my system boots to dash when they check it.
Finally E74 after 3.5 years. Is it true that they are now checking to see if the warranty seal is broken?
I could xclamp mod it myself to be sure it boots, but not if that's going to prevent trade-in...

They are supposed to check for it.[/QUOTE]

No shit! Overheated (2 red) my E74 (1 red) :360: with Q-tips in the fans.
Rebooted and loaded MW2 successfully. Green circles are good!

Took the :360: 360 in and got $60 base +$50 PROMO = $110 toward 4gb Kinect. ($40 more credit than $45 base + $25 promo last week)
Used store credit for the balance.

They did not check the warranty sticker, but did sync a controller and boot up a game.
Held my breath the whole time!

Happy!

[quote name='mattcube64']I'm just a few points away from 4000, and that's when I can get one of those $5/off any preowned games coupons.

My question: If I trade in a game today, will those trade-in "points" show up immediately, a day, or a week? I've never paid much attention to when trade-ins show up.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

It usually takes like a day or 2 to show up in your account.

I'm just a few points away from 4000, and that's when I can get one of those $5/off any preowned games coupons.

Thanks!

Usually takes a day or 2 to show up.

[quote name='Heavyd814life']Quick question from a Gamestop TIV noob: If i trade in inFAMOUS 2, how much do i get back with this 40 percent coupon and my PUR card?[/QUOTE]

Come on its simple math!

Current TIV x .4 (or .5 for pur added in) = coupon amount
Current TIV x .1 = PUR amount
------
Current TIV + Coupon amount + PUR amount = the answer.

Some trade values from today(before bonus):

I-Spy Spooky Mansion (Wii) - $9
Hello Kitty Seasons (Wii) - $8
Mario Kart: Double Dash (GC) - $6
Batman: Brave & Bold (Wii) - $5

Universal HDMI cable - $5
PS3 controller USB mini (charge) cable - $1.50

I was also quoted:

Call of Duty Modern Warfare: Reflex Edition (Wii) - $8

[quote name='Legit HC']How are we suppose to get the $30 for Madden in exchange for NCAA? I can't find the coupon.[/QUOTE]

When I went into the store today, I saw stickers stuck to the outside the copies of NCAA.

You should go back and ask for one maybe. Or see if the receipt is good enough?

[quote name='admiralvic']Come on its simple math!

Current TIV x .4 (or .5 for pur added in) = coupon amount
Current TIV x .1 = PUR amount
------
Current TIV + Coupon amount + PUR amount = the answer.[/QUOTE]

Cheers mate! I can handle the math perfectly well, thank you very much lol. I just wanted to know how much extra my PUR gave me - now that i know it's 10%, i'm set! Hitting up Gamestop tomorrow to offload inFAMOUS 2 then

[quote name='Stimes']:ps3:Skate $2.50
:ps3:Assassin's Creed $4
:ps3:Fallout 3 $3

$20.47 after PUR and $10 bonus[/QUOTE]

does the $10 stack with the 40% for the E3?

[quote name='karyadi']does the $10 stack with the 40% for the E3?[/QUOTE]

Promos never stack. If you want the most, you'll have to do some math. The cut-off point is around $8.33 (8.325, to be exact); if a game has a base of $8.25 or less, go with the 3 for $10 extra, and if it's $8.50 or more, 40% extra is a better deal. This is assuming you have three games under the cut-off point to trade in, though.

[quote name='NickNorman']Promos never stack. If you want the most, you'll have to do some math. The cut-off point is around $8.33 (8.325, to be exact); if a game has a base of $8.25 or less, go with the 3 for $10 extra, and if it's $8.50 or more, 40% extra is a better deal. This is assuming you have three games under the cut-off point to trade in, though.[/QUOTE]

I knew it won't stack. Some associate tried to push me to preorder an E3 game but told him that the 3 for $10 is the better deal and would rather bank my credit in.

Mississippi isn't a far drive away since they don't tax on using store credit.

What's the deal with PUR coupons? I haven't used any of mine yet... I have a B2G1 coupon still in my account (though I thought I used it once already...)

Can I use a B2G1 free coupon AND a $25 off your order coupon from PUR?

[quote name='CrossFireXT17']What's the deal with PUR coupons? I haven't used any of mine yet... I have a B2G1 coupon still in my account (though I thought I used it once already...)

Can I use a B2G1 free coupon AND a $25 off your order coupon from PUR?[/QUOTE]

Any PUR coupons that have been used will still show in your account as active, until their expiration dates hit. They are not reusable, however. The system will reject them as already used.

[quote name='CrossFireXT17']What's the deal with PUR coupons? I haven't used any of mine yet... I have a B2G1 coupon still in my account (though I thought I used it once already...)

Can I use a B2G1 free coupon AND a $25 off your order coupon from PUR?[/QUOTE]

Also the system tried to pull a shady move when I tried this (with valid unused coupons). I picked up 3 54.99 games. It rang them all, then took 25 off one of the 54.99 games, making it 29.99. At that point it applied the B2G1 and made that game (the 29.99 one) Free because it was the cheapest game. So it applied the promotion and coupon in such a way that it would not have benefited me.

[quote name='raiser']No shit! Overheated (2 red) my E74 (1 red) :360: with Q-tips in the fans.
Rebooted and loaded MW2 successfully. Green circles are good!

Took the :360: 360 in and got $60 base +$50 PROMO = $110 toward 4gb Kinect. ($40 more credit than $45 base + $25 promo last week)
Used store credit for the balance.

They did not check the warranty sticker, but did sync a controller and boot up a game.
Held my breath the whole time!

Happy![/QUOTE]

Is the base trade in for the 360 60$? I got 2 busted up xboxes lol i might try the towel trick and pray it boots on trade in.

[quote name='timmylamb']Is the base trade in for the 360 60$? I got 2 busted up xboxes lol i might try the towel trick and pray it boots on trade in.[/QUOTE]

I got $60 base yesterday... +$50 promo (old Phat 360 w/hdmi port, Component cables, Wireless controller w/AA battery pack, and Power Supply)
Of course you have to "buy" new hardware, but no one ever said you have to keep it ;)

You can't beat $110 for a >3 year old (out of warranty) Xbox.
If you can get your Xbox to pass the ~10 minutes of basic tests GS throws at it.
Even if you can't I think they subtract like $20 for refurb (all except RROD) so you might be able to get $90 for some broken ones.

I don't know why the base went UP to $60... The employee told me recently it was as low as $30. I know it was only $45 last week, glad I waited.

Edit: for those who haven't heard of the Q-tip Trick Q-tip trick (you can skip the middle ~5 minutes of Celtic rap)

[quote name='bgame2']Also the system tried to pull a shady move when I tried this (with valid unused coupons). I picked up 3 54.99 games. It rang them all, then took 25 off one of the 54.99 games, making it 29.99. At that point it applied the B2G1 and made that game (the 29.99 one) Free because it was the cheapest game. So it applied the promotion and coupon in such a way that it would not have benefited me.[/QUOTE]

You aren't supposed to stack them. Back a few months ago the system wouldn't even allow it. I had to have the employee do a manual override on the price.

Why would it even apply the coupon in your favor?

It's pretty ridiculous the system is even allowing for $54.99 --> $29.99 to be paired with two more at $29.99 for $60 total after coupon.

When trading in a system, such as my PS2Phat and my GCN, I assume I need the cables, but is it only one controller needed per system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back