GameStop TIV & Promos: Old thread. Please check first/last post for new link!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7320653

[quote name='jp0213']I've received a couple pm's from people wanting to contribute prices but don't want to get harassed about selling to someone or getting more at place x. If this is the case for anyone, you can pm me any values and I'll update them in the list and database.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='CheapyD']Also, the CAG Trade-In Value Tracker is now live and accessible from the main navigation.[/QUOTE]

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

360 Slim Trade-Up Promo - $100 Trade-in Credit Toward Slim Purchase.(Ends 7/11/2010)NO PRE-ORDERS, YMMV ON RESERVE LISTS.
NOTE: Currently the promo is not automatically activating on the computers and are requiring manual input. This will allow for extra credit through EDGE on the accessories and get the $25 hardware bonus on top, putting it at $125, if the employee doesn't remove it like they were supposed to. This will be fixed so take advantage while you can.
[quote name='GameStop.com']Upgrade to a new Xbox 360 250GB and receive the trade in values below: OFFER BEGINS 6/17.

*OP EDIT: This covers all current 360 hardware revisions. Look through the FAQ below on what all is need for hardware trade-in. Also multiple console trade-ins toward a new slim will be YMMV.*

• XB360 System w/wireless OR wired controller - $100
  • XB360 Hard Drive 20 GB - $30
  • XB360 Hard Drive 60 GB - $35
  • XB360 Hard Drive 120 GB - $40
  • XB360 Hard Drive 250 GB - $50
  • XB360 Memory Card 64 MB - $10
  • XB360 Memory Card 256 MB - $14
  • XB360 Memory Card 512 MB - $18
  • XB360 Network Adapter Wireless (Microsoft) - $40
  • XB360 Network N Adapter (Disc required) - $50
  • XB360 Controller – Wired (Microsoft) - $20
  • XB360 Controller – Wireless (Microsoft) - $25
*OP EDIT: You will get EDGE bonuses on trade-ins for these accessories but that bonus will be calculated off of the normal base, not the elevated promo price. Doing a data transfer from your old hard drive in-store will be extremely YMMV.*

Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of a new Slim Xbox 360, new hardware subject to availability by location. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 6/17/10 - 7/11/10. [/QUOTE]

Trade 3 games, get an extra $10 Credit. Ends 6/27/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com'] Trade 3 Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DS or PSP games and get a $10 trade bonus.

Games with a trade value of $1 or less are excluded from offer. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer subject to change at anytime. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 06/07/10 - 06/27/10.[/QUOTE]

$25 Hardware Bonus (End 6/27/10.)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get a $25 trade bonus on any 360, PS3, Wii, DS or PSP system traded.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer may not be valid in some stores. Offer valid 05/17/10 - 06/27/10.[/QUOTE]

Guaranteed $25 trade-in value on select games. (Ends 6/27/10.)
[quote name='GameStop.com'] $25 trade-in credit guaranteed for over 50 select titles.Click Here for Details.
25guaranteed_btm.jpg
Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 6/7/10 - 6/27/10. [/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value:
$0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Unless stated otherwise, and they are rarely included, the bonuses never apply to accessories. Except the EDGE card of course.

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
I can't give concretes on why this happens. GameStop computers are normally pretty good at giving you the better promo. In the case of a percentage bonus being run at the same time as a "Trade X, get $X" promo, things can get messy. The system appears to only give one promo on games per transaction so if you had a few games that you want to go to the percentage bonus and a stack for the "Trade X, Get $X" it will regularly apply the percentage to all of the games. Your best bet is to do all "Trade X, Get $X" games in one transaction on their own. The GameStop clerk may say that the system will figure it all out, tell them you want a separate transaction anyway. As always, check your receipt before you leave the store.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above. They will not, however, take RROD 360 consoles. There may be stores that still do it, but official policy is to not take them in.

How much does an EDGE card subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an EDGE card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game and an extra 10% off the purchase of used games.

Does the EDGE Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
No Information Yet: Connecticut, Idaho, Mississippi, Nevada, New Mexico, Rhode Island, South Dakota

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

First post contains promo information and the FAQ. Second post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Third post has the PS2/GC values. Fourth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
ugh, everyone keeps saying that...and i AM a total genius at craigslist (have sold/bought MANY high end items), but i am in desperate want for Alan Wake LE, and i dont get paid until the 28th :/

must...have...game!

need....money/credit..!

Will I get blacklisted if I trade in (flipping) the same game multiple times in different store? using the same edge card.

Thanks

I would say yes..I'm guessing they track these things by your address/name (IOW the store used doesn't really matter). You could always risk it but thats up to you.

[quote name='supaet']Will I get blacklisted if I trade in (flipping) the same game multiple times in different store? using the same edge card.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

I would spread out the tradeins over different stores and different days to be safe. I've traded in multiples of before, but anything over 2 goes to another store and over a few days. Better to lose the $.25 drop in TIV than get blacklisted and not tradein at all.

Base TiV from yesterday:

Scribblenauts (DS) - 10.25
NBA2K10 (PS3) - 11.25
Banjo-Kazooie Nuts and Bolts (360) - 6.00
Mercenaries 2 (360) - 3.00
Street Fighter 4 (360) - 3.00

[quote name='ananag112']What do you need to trade in a DS to gamestop? The DS unit only or do you need something else as well?[/QUOTE]

It's in the FAQs on the first post with what you need to trade in with your DS, as well as the other systems.

[quote name='ananag112']What do you need to trade in a DS to gamestop? The DS unit only or do you need something else as well?[/QUOTE]The charger and stylus.

[quote name='xFatalFlaw']It's in the FAQs on the first post with what you need to trade in with your DS, as well as the other systems.[/QUOTE]

Sorry. I must have missed it.

[quote name='Ma12kez']The charger and stylus.[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

Trade-in today:

Super Monky Ball Setp & Roll Wii: $14 (I should buy more from BB :) )
Singstar Vol.2 PS3: $4.75
Family Guy Freaking Sweet UMD $0.50
X360 Remote $2.25
PS2 Dual Shock $3.75
PS2/PSX AV cable $2.50
Gamecube AV cable $1.50
PSP car dapter $1.75
PS3 Mic $2.75

Trade in values for today 5/19

PSP slim 2000. $65

PSP GAMES:
Midnight club $4
Powerstone Collection $1.50
Daxter 0.75
Ratchet and Clank Size Matters $2.25
Star Wars Battlefront II $4.25
Secret Agent Clank $4.50
Pinball Hall of Fame Williams Collection $3.00
Marvel Super Hero Squad $6.75
Sonic Rivals $6.50

DS GAMES:
Cars $3.00

[quote name='rjbooth']Base TIV today 05/19/2010

PSP GO 50.00 (asked didn't trade one in)

My Dogs Island (Wii) 5.25[/QUOTE]

wow i wonder how much a PSP go is used considering it gets pretty low TIV compared to other psps.

Base TIV for 05/19

PS3
Army of Two: 40th Day - 16.25
Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena - 4.00
Darksiders - 10.00
GRAW 2 - 6.50
Rainbow Six Vegas - 3.75
Red Faction: Guerrilla - 5.75

[quote name='ChernobylCow']First time I've really been tempted by one of these deals but I still think it's a rip off for Red Dead to get a gutted game.[/QUOTE]

Only time a new game is gutted is if its the last one on the shelf and the display copy. Never seen any new release games gutted in any of the GS in NJ.

[quote name='ChernobylCow']First time I've really been tempted by one of these deals but I still think it's a rip off for Red Dead to get a gutted game.[/QUOTE]

It's very unlikely that you will get a gutted Red Dead. The game just came out and they will have sealed copies. You will generally only get a gutted copy if you are buying the last "new" copy in the store, or if you buy a Gamedays Sale game.

Hey, the handheld system trade-in bonuses don't require you to trade toward a new system? Awesome, maybe I'll finally cash in my PSP slim.

[quote name='lunker']Hey, the handheld system trade-in bonuses don't require you to trade toward a new system? Awesome, maybe I'll finally cash in my PSP slim.[/QUOTE]

Yep, just $25 credit without a purchase of another system :) Just got my other 360 back that was broken for months. It had E73 and was suddenly E74, was able to get a free repair now i can get some credit for it. Woohoo.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='joshthegreat69']Xbox 360 Power Cord is down to $9.25 base (50 cent drop)
Kingdom Hearts DS is down to $13.50 base (50 cent drop)[/QUOTE]

thanks i didn't know they bought power cords guess i will have to go take mine in.

I see Texas isn't supposed to charge in-store for credit purchases, I'm planning on trading PSP and getting $60 and getting Red Dead which is $59.99, so if they try to charge me tax; what do I tell them??

Also if I purchase it alongside another game (say Deadly Premonition) with cash, would they charge tax on Red Dead??

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']I see Texas isn't supposed to charge in-store for credit purchases, I'm planning on trading PSP and getting $60 and getting Red Dead which is $59.99, so if they try to charge me tax; what do I tell them??

Also if I purchase it alongside another game (say Deadly Premonition) with cash, would they charge tax on Red Dead??[/QUOTE]

The tax thing should be automatic; if it's not, there's probably nothing you can really do since it's based on the state law, not some offer that's at Gamestop's discretion.

I think you need to have enough credit to cover the full purchase in order for the tax to be exempt, so you may be better off purchasing other game(s) separately?

TIV from Today, all base:

Monopoly - $10.00
Mass Effect - $8.00
Splinter Cell Conviction - $23
Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2009 - $7

DS

Scribblenauts - $10.25

Used Monopoly and Mass Effect to get Red Dead Redemption. Yay for TIV boost.

Base TIVs from today:

Wii Super Monkey Ball Step & Roll $14.00
DS Marvel Super Hero Squad $6.25
DS Tinkerbell: Lost Treasure $8.50
Xbox360 Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa $7.00
DS System (Phat) w/ AC & stylus $35.00

TIV's from today

PSP Lunar Silver Star Harmony 6.75
PSP Final Fantasy Tactics 4.50
PSP Daxter 0.75
PSP Dungeon Siege: Throne of Agony 2.50
PSP Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core 4.25
PSP Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters 2.25
UMD National Treasure 2 1.25
PSP 1GB Memory 2.00
PSP 8GB Memory 13.00
PSP 3000 80.00

[quote name='worshipsf']The tax thing should be automatic; if it's not, there's probably nothing you can really do since it's based on the state law, not some offer that's at Gamestop's discretion.

I think you need to have enough credit to cover the full purchase in order for the tax to be exempt, so you may be better off purchasing other game(s) separately?[/QUOTE]
Damn, I was trying to use that 25% off coupon on a preowned game with purchase of Red Dead. But whatever I guess, thanks.

5/20: (all base values)

iconxbox360.gif

Sneak King - $0.25
Mass Effect - $8.00
Dragon Age Origins: Awakening - $12.00

iconds.gif

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - $3.75

iconwii.gif

Wii Component Cable - $4.50
Wii Zapper/Blaster - $5.75
Wii Remote Controller - $13.50
Wii Nunchuk Controller - $7.25

OP says trade-in hardware must be in full working condition to receive "full" credit (the extra $25). Does this mean you get part of it still if your hardware is defective? (My PS3's drive died)

[quote name='scott32020']OP says trade-in hardware must be in full working condition to receive "full" credit (the extra $25). Does this mean you get part of it still if your hardware is defective? (My PS3's drive died)[/QUOTE]

Well previous posters who have traded in broken DS's have gotten a refurbished fee cut off the base value and still got the bonus, but I'm not really sure so it could be YMMV. Call the store in advance I'm sure they will tell you. I just know for sure they will take off some of the base value because its a broken item.

[quote name='ztewart']TIV's from today

PSP Lunar Silver Star Harmony 6.75
PSP Final Fantasy Tactics 4.50
PSP Daxter 0.75
PSP Dungeon Siege: Throne of Agony 2.50
PSP Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core 4.25
PSP Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters 2.25
UMD National Treasure 2 1.25
PSP 1GB Memory 2.00
PSP 8GB Memory 13.00
PSP 3000 80.00[/QUOTE]

Is that psp 3000 with the extra 25?

Updated lists and database. Just a heads up but updates over the next 2-3 days will be limited to non-existent. Doing a cabin thing over the weekend with some friends and the internet connection will probably not be present. Don't worry, Sunday evening or Monday around midday I'll be able to update.

Wii
Dead Rising Chop Til You Drop - 10.00
TMNT: Smash Up - 5.25
NPC Pikmin - 5.75

PS3
Battlefield Bad Company - 5.00
Transformers Revenge of the Fallen - 9.25

DS
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 - 13.50
Scribblenauts - 10.25
Pokemon Soul Silver 20.00
Magical Starsign - .80
DS Car Adapter - .95

DS Lite - 40

My DS Lite had a crack developing at the GBA slot that the guy didn't notice thankfully so figured I would get rid of it and wait to see what the 3DS is all about, or maybe get an XL.

[quote name='jp0213']Updated lists and database. Just a heads up but updates over the next 2-3 days will be limited to non-existent. Doing a cabin thing over the weekend with some friends and the internet connection will probably not be present. Don't worry, Sunday evening or Monday around midday I'll be able to update.[/QUOTE]
No the thread will die:lol:
Thanks OP

PS3
Lost Planet 1- 6.50 base
Rock Band AC/DC Track Pack- 3.25 base
Lego Rock Band- 6.50 base
Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion- 5.00 base

Wii
New Super Mario Bros.- 25.00 base

[quote name='mdc921']Super Monkey Ball dropped to 9.50 base today (5/21).[/QUOTE]

Very glad I got my 3 at best buy and flipped them yesterday! Its still a very good price at best buy however if you're a member of the gamers club and use that $20 off coupon haha maybe for a gift for someone

Wow, they're trade-in values have gotten lower and lower each year; I can't believe how low Alan Wake's trade-in value is and the game isn't even a week old yet!

I really need to stop supporting this store.

[quote name='FaintDeftone']Wow, they're trade-in values have gotten lower and lower each year; I can't believe how low Alan Wake's trade-in value is and the game isn't even a week old yet!

I really need to stop supporting this store.[/QUOTE]

that's what Alan Wake's TIV was the day it came out. It's that low because it's a single player game with no replay value. On top of that, there's the 30%/40% promotion. If it were $30 base, they'd give $42 for a game they'll definitely have a surplus of in short time, which will be sold at $55 before tax...leaving $13 profit without taking edge card discounts and other stuff into consideration. I'd say GS did their research. I know this logic doesn't go over well on CAG but I'll say it anyway: they're a business, not a charity.

After all, I was in there asking the TIV on it when I bought it because I planned on beating it in a day :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back