GameStop TIV & Promos: Old thread. Please check first/last post for new link!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7320653

[quote name='jp0213']I've received a couple pm's from people wanting to contribute prices but don't want to get harassed about selling to someone or getting more at place x. If this is the case for anyone, you can pm me any values and I'll update them in the list and database.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='CheapyD']Also, the CAG Trade-In Value Tracker is now live and accessible from the main navigation.[/QUOTE]

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

360 Slim Trade-Up Promo - $100 Trade-in Credit Toward Slim Purchase.(Ends 7/11/2010)NO PRE-ORDERS, YMMV ON RESERVE LISTS.
NOTE: Currently the promo is not automatically activating on the computers and are requiring manual input. This will allow for extra credit through EDGE on the accessories and get the $25 hardware bonus on top, putting it at $125, if the employee doesn't remove it like they were supposed to. This will be fixed so take advantage while you can.
[quote name='GameStop.com']Upgrade to a new Xbox 360 250GB and receive the trade in values below: OFFER BEGINS 6/17.

*OP EDIT: This covers all current 360 hardware revisions. Look through the FAQ below on what all is need for hardware trade-in. Also multiple console trade-ins toward a new slim will be YMMV.*

• XB360 System w/wireless OR wired controller - $100
  • XB360 Hard Drive 20 GB - $30
  • XB360 Hard Drive 60 GB - $35
  • XB360 Hard Drive 120 GB - $40
  • XB360 Hard Drive 250 GB - $50
  • XB360 Memory Card 64 MB - $10
  • XB360 Memory Card 256 MB - $14
  • XB360 Memory Card 512 MB - $18
  • XB360 Network Adapter Wireless (Microsoft) - $40
  • XB360 Network N Adapter (Disc required) - $50
  • XB360 Controller – Wired (Microsoft) - $20
  • XB360 Controller – Wireless (Microsoft) - $25
*OP EDIT: You will get EDGE bonuses on trade-ins for these accessories but that bonus will be calculated off of the normal base, not the elevated promo price. Doing a data transfer from your old hard drive in-store will be extremely YMMV.*

Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of a new Slim Xbox 360, new hardware subject to availability by location. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 6/17/10 - 7/11/10. [/QUOTE]

Trade 3 games, get an extra $10 Credit. Ends 6/27/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com'] Trade 3 Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DS or PSP games and get a $10 trade bonus.

Games with a trade value of $1 or less are excluded from offer. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer subject to change at anytime. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 06/07/10 - 06/27/10.[/QUOTE]

$25 Hardware Bonus (End 6/27/10.)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get a $25 trade bonus on any 360, PS3, Wii, DS or PSP system traded.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer may not be valid in some stores. Offer valid 05/17/10 - 06/27/10.[/QUOTE]

Guaranteed $25 trade-in value on select games. (Ends 6/27/10.)
[quote name='GameStop.com'] $25 trade-in credit guaranteed for over 50 select titles.Click Here for Details.
25guaranteed_btm.jpg
Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 6/7/10 - 6/27/10. [/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value:
$0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Unless stated otherwise, and they are rarely included, the bonuses never apply to accessories. Except the EDGE card of course.

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
I can't give concretes on why this happens. GameStop computers are normally pretty good at giving you the better promo. In the case of a percentage bonus being run at the same time as a "Trade X, get $X" promo, things can get messy. The system appears to only give one promo on games per transaction so if you had a few games that you want to go to the percentage bonus and a stack for the "Trade X, Get $X" it will regularly apply the percentage to all of the games. Your best bet is to do all "Trade X, Get $X" games in one transaction on their own. The GameStop clerk may say that the system will figure it all out, tell them you want a separate transaction anyway. As always, check your receipt before you leave the store.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above. They will not, however, take RROD 360 consoles. There may be stores that still do it, but official policy is to not take them in.

How much does an EDGE card subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an EDGE card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game and an extra 10% off the purchase of used games.

Does the EDGE Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
No Information Yet: Connecticut, Idaho, Mississippi, Nevada, New Mexico, Rhode Island, South Dakota

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

First post contains promo information and the FAQ. Second post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Third post has the PS2/GC values. Fourth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
DS Lite $40
DS Lite charger $3.00
DS Lite car charger $.95

PS3 Six-Axis $13.25

GBA Nicktoons Collection v. 2 $1.50
GBA Fairly Odd Parents v. 2 $1.50
GBA Shrek 2 $2.00
All these were those video cartridges.

[quote name='180husher']GBA Nicktoons Collection v. 2 $1.50
GBA Fairly Odd Parents v. 2 $1.50
GBA Shrek 2 $2.00
All these were those video cartridges.[/QUOTE]
It's sad that those get more than a lot of decent games.

from today
Wii New Super Mario Bros- $25

was a little annoyed the guy gave me a $4.00 refurb fee on the game, even though i just got it from gamestop.com . ah well still got a profit on it.

[quote name='y2jasper']from today

was a little annoyed the guy gave me a $4.00 refurb fee on the game, even though i just got it from gamestop.com . ah well still got a profit on it.[/QUOTE]

Whenever that happens to me I'll tell the person working there that I changed my mind, swap the disc at a different B&M store with the gs.com receipt (if it's within the 30 day grace period), and then go back and trade it in the next day.

I figure it's only fair - they shouldn't be selling stuff online that they wouldn't accept in store without a refurb fee, that's ridiculous. It also (in my eyes) means that there's a good chance that the B&M stores are "charging" the refurb fee, sending them to the warehouse, and then they're often not refurbished which either means a.) they don't need to be refurbished thus the charge is absurd or b.) they may actually need to be refurbished but really the fee is just to rip people off and not to cover any expenses whatsoever.

[quote name='y2jasper']from today

was a little annoyed the guy gave me a $4.00 refurb fee on the game, even though i just got it from gamestop.com . ah well still got a profit on it.[/QUOTE]

I've had that happen, and successfully argued that I bought it from Gamestop.com where it had probably come straight from their refurb warehouse. Though, after getting multiple nonworking games from my last few shipments, I'll make sure to test them a little first now just in case.

[quote name='handsomepete']
I figure it's only fair - they shouldn't be selling stuff online that they wouldn't accept in store without a refurb fee, that's ridiculous. It also (in my eyes) means that there's a good chance that the B&M stores are "charging" the refurb fee, sending them to the warehouse, and then they're often not refurbished which either means a.) they don't need to be refurbished thus the charge is absurd or b.) they may actually need to be refurbished but really the fee is just to rip people off and not to cover any expenses whatsoever.[/QUOTE]

I don't think they're intentionally trying to scam. I think it's more just that different employees/stores have different standards for disc condition, and probably many of them don't really understand their own company's refurb process or what refurbed discs look like.

yeah i considered just changing my mind and going to another gs, but i figured getting $31 instead of $35 on a game i bought with gs credit for $18 was more convenient then taking it to another store (which would have been like a half hour round trip). if the refurb fee ended up lowering the bonus amount i probably would have taken it back.

I had some jerkoff charge me a refurb fee without telling me. I asked 2 separate times what the base value was before all promos/etc. and both times he quotes the base value minus the $4 refurb fee. I didn't realize I'd been charged until I got to my car and looked at the receipt. I walked back into the store and (after him arguing a bit and me calmly saying that what he did was wrong) I got my game back.

It wasn't the $4 charge that bothered me, just his shady way of getting it from me. The guy clearly knew he was in the wrong, he wouldn't even look at me when trying to justify his actions.

[quote name='dino88']I had some jerkoff charge me a refurb fee without telling me. I asked 2 separate times what the base value was before all promos/etc. and both times he quotes the base value minus the $4 refurb fee. I didn't realize I'd been charged until I got to my car and looked at the receipt. I walked back into the store and (after him arguing a bit and me calmly saying that what he did was wrong) I got my game back.

It wasn't the $4 charge that bothered me, just his shady way of getting it from me. The guy clearly knew he was in the wrong, he wouldn't even look at me when trying to justify his actions.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I hate that too. If you want to charge a refurb fee, then whatever, but at least be upfront about it. It also really annoys me when they take your games and don't even tell you what the TIVs are, except maybe the total at the end. It's ok if the values are displayed on the little pad as they're doing the transaction, but for some reason this doesn't happen sometimes.

[quote name='worshipsf']Yeah, I hate that too. If you want to charge a refurb fee, then whatever, but at least be upfront about it. It also really annoys me when they take your games and don't even tell you what the TIVs are, except maybe the total at the end. It's ok if the values are displayed on the little pad as they're doing the transaction, but for some reason this doesn't happen sometimes.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I always ask them to read out the values or have it displayed on the little pad before I commit. Though it's happened where they didn't tell me I got hit by refurb fees (only has happened once), I didn't care because it was from the $3.99 HWV sale and those games were in crap condition.

Still shady though.

So, I went in today to return a used PS3 that I bought while the 25% off pre-owned games was working on systems, a little over 2 weeks ago. I also had 4 used PS3 games that I was trying to return (2 separate orders of 2 games, made in the past 2 weeks). Anyway, they told me that they'll let it slide this one time, but that they weren't supposed to take games past their in-store 7 day return policy (I thought it was 14 days), even though online returns are accepted up to 30 days later. I didn't even think until after I left to say that the games wouldn't even get to me in 7 days. The return policy doesn't make it clear whether online games returned to the store have to be within 7 days or 30 days. It just says "Store Return Policy Varies".

They ended up letting me return them, but since the receipts don't say if the purchase was made with cash or store credit, they could only give me credit. Sucks because I paid with my debt card for the PS3, not store credit, and they couldn't refund it back to my card. On top of that, they didn't refund tax for any of these returns... ($270 worth of stuff).

I haven't had problems returning games at other GS's (and getting refunded tax), so I'm just wondering if these people misunderstood the rules about returning used things purchased online in-store. Were they actually right?

[quote name='DemonGamer24']So, I went in today to return a used PS3 that I bought while the 25% off pre-owned games was working on systems, a little over 2 weeks ago. I also had 4 used PS3 games that I was trying to return (2 separate orders of 2 games, made in the past 2 weeks). Anyway, they told me that they'll let it slide this one time, but that they weren't supposed to take games past their in-store 7 day return policy (I thought it was 14 days), even though online returns are accepted up to 30 days later. I didn't even think until after I left to say that the games wouldn't even get to me in 7 days. The return policy doesn't make it clear whether online games returned to the store have to be within 7 days or 30 days. It just says "Store Return Policy Varies".

They ended up letting me return them, but since the receipts don't say if the purchase was made with cash or store credit, they could only give me credit. Sucks because I paid with my debt card for the PS3, not store credit, and they couldn't refund it back to my card. On top of that, they didn't refund tax for any of these returns... ($270 worth of stuff).

I haven't had problems returning games at other GS's (and getting refunded tax), so I'm just wondering if these people misunderstood the rules about returning used things purchased online in-store. Were they actually right?[/QUOTE]

Online purchases have a 30 day return policy to stores, so they're wrong there. (specific reason being like you said, games can take more than 7 days just to get to you)...

as far as the cash/credit thing goes, I don't know, but I'd think you could've printed out a receipt or statement or something and show them you paid with cash. I wouldn't have just let them screw you outta cash like that..

also, lmao at charging a fee to refurb games, and then not refurbing them... I'm going to be trading in a copy of NSMBWii soon that I got from GS.com, if they try to charge a refurb fee I'm gonna set em straight.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']
as far as the cash/credit thing goes, I don't know, but I'd think you could've printed out a receipt or statement or something and show them you paid with cash. I wouldn't have just let them screw you outta cash like that..
[/QUOTE]

Well, to be honest, I'm probably just going to spend it at GS anyway. With all the online discounts they've been having the past few months, that $270 or whatever it was won't last too long. I'm more annoyed about not getting the tax back. But I didn't notice until after they handed me the receipt (very stupid on my part).

And are you sure about the 30 day return policy for online purchases returned to store? I'm not doubting you, I'm just looking for an answer from someone who's 100% sure.

I think they're just so used to 13 year old kids bringing them a stack of 20 games, them telling the kid they got $40 and the kid running off to spend it. They don't care if there were fees or bonuses or what each one was worth.

[quote name='DemonGamer24']Well, to be honest, I'm probably just going to spend it at GS anyway. With all the online discounts they've been having the past few months, that $270 or whatever it was won't last too long. I'm more annoyed about not getting the tax back. But I didn't notice until after they handed me the receipt (very stupid on my part).

And are you sure about the 30 day return policy for online purchases returned to store? I'm not doubting you, I'm just looking for an answer from someone who's 100% sure.[/QUOTE]

Yeah true, I'm sure you'll find use for the credit. The tax thing sucks.

And no, I'm not 100% sure, as I've never actually felt the need to go outta my way to return anything (nothing has showed up completely broken yet, atleast.) but I've just always heard it was 30 days... tho now looking it up,:

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/help/Returns.aspx

"Online:
To return or exchange an item to GameStop.com, include the packing list, identify the reason for the return and send it to the address on the return shipping label.

Store:
Items may be returned by taking them to a GameStop store location in the United States. Items returned to a GameStop store location must be accompanied by the original packing list. Store return policies may vary and are subject to manager approval.

Handling costs are non-refundable. If the reason for your return is due to our error, please contact us at the number below for a handling credit."

[quote name='dino88']I had some jerkoff charge me a refurb fee without telling me. I asked 2 separate times what the base value was before all promos/etc. and both times he quotes the base value minus the $4 refurb fee. I didn't realize I'd been charged until I got to my car and looked at the receipt. I walked back into the store and (after him arguing a bit and me calmly saying that what he did was wrong) I got my game back.

It wasn't the $4 charge that bothered me, just his shady way of getting it from me. The guy clearly knew he was in the wrong, he wouldn't even look at me when trying to justify his actions.[/QUOTE]

I had the same thing happen to me when they were giving 20 dollars in credit for select games and the fee nullified the promo. The employee just told me that the games had been taken off the list and didn't tell me she charged me a refurbish fee. I didn't notice the charge until after I got home and when I returned they simply denied everything.

TIV from today.

360 and base

Lego Star Wars Original Trilogy - $5.00
Forza 3 and ODST - $18.00

Guy made a mistake. I only traded in Forza 3 in the ODST/Forza case, but he put it down as the bundle. Nice.

[quote name='shiftymcneely']TIV from today.

360 and base

Lego Star Wars Original Trilogy - $5.00
Forza 3 and ODST - $18.00

Guy made a mistake. I only traded in Forza 3 in the ODST/Forza case, but he put it down as the bundle. Nice.[/QUOTE]

Similar thing happened to me at my local gamestop, traded in fat PS2 and he put it down as a slim, only got an extra $5 but hey I'll take it haha.

[quote name='DemonGamer24']So, I went in today to return a used PS3 that I bought while the 25% off pre-owned games was working on systems, a little over 2 weeks ago. I also had 4 used PS3 games that I was trying to return (2 separate orders of 2 games, made in the past 2 weeks). Anyway, they told me that they'll let it slide this one time, but that they weren't supposed to take games past their in-store 7 day return policy (I thought it was 14 days), even though online returns are accepted up to 30 days later. I didn't even think until after I left to say that the games wouldn't even get to me in 7 days. The return policy doesn't make it clear whether online games returned to the store have to be within 7 days or 30 days. It just says "Store Return Policy Varies".

I haven't had problems returning games at other GS's (and getting refunded tax), so I'm just wondering if these people misunderstood the rules about returning used things purchased online in-store. Were they actually right?[/QUOTE]

Anyone else have a response to this? Or is it just kind of a YMMV thing and I shouldn't go back to that GS anymore?

Edit: Oh, and I traded some games yesterday night too (5/21).

Wii - New Super Mario Bros - $25
360 - Need for Speed Shift - $10
360 - Dante's Inferno - $15
360 - Assassin's Creed II - $8
PS3 - DJ Hero w/Turntable - $18.50

TIV's from 5/21 and 5/22

:psp:
PSP 2000: $65
Need for Speed Most Wanted 510: $4
4 Gig Memory Stick: $7

:ds:
Nintendo DS Lite: $40
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2008: $3.25

:ps3:
Wanted Weapons of Fate: $4.75
WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2009: $4.50
Fallout 3: $4.50

:360:
Batman Arkham Asylum: $10

:wii:
Toy Story Mania: $13

With bonuses and everything, I got about $225. Time for me to pre-order that Metal Gear Solid PSP Big Boss pack! :D

--Michael

[quote name='hawaiiboy']5/23

wii

NSMB $25

X360

ME 2 $15
COD MW2 $20

used the weekly coupon when picking up mario galaxy 2.[/QUOTE]

DId edge stack?

Dumped three freebie games I picked up from Video Rental store promotions today.
May 23, 2010
(BASE TIVs)
ALL XBOX 360
Fracture=$2.50
T.C.'s Endwar=$4.00

For the first time ever a GS employee tried to tack on Refurb fees to 2 of the games. He didn't even bother to mention he was doing it either, I noticed when the transaction was being completed. When I mentioned it another employee looked over my trades (complete with boxes, cover art, etc. BTW) and said there was nothing wrong with them. He took off the fees right away and that was that. I just found it strange that his co-worker would take the time to randomly assign a fee to 2 of the 3 games. Just curious, does it show up in their job performance in a quota system or something?

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, just got home around stable internet. I'll work on updating the lists and the database within the next couple of hours.

TIV from this morning:

MLB 10 The Show (PS3) 23.00
New Super Mario Bros (Wii) 25.00
Wii Motion Plus Black 10.00
Aliens Vs Predator (360) 9.00

[quote name='chuckie88']Dumped three freebie games I picked up from Video Rental store promotions today.
May 23, 2010
(BASE TIVs)
ALL XBOX 360
Fracture=$2.50
T.C.'s Endwar=$4.00

For the first time ever a GS employee tried to tack on Refurb fees to 2 of the games. He didn't even bother to mention he was doing it either, I noticed when the transaction was being completed. When I mentioned it another employee looked over my trades (complete with boxes, cover art, etc. BTW) and said there was nothing wrong with them. He took off the fees right away and that was that. I just found it strange that his co-worker would take the time to randomly assign a fee to 2 of the 3 games. Just curious, does it show up in their job performance in a quota system or something?[/QUOTE]

no

Base TIV 5/23 (All X360)

X360 console with wireless controller $80
X360 Wireless N Adapter $31.25
Ethernet Cable $0.65
X360 Wired Headset $5.00
X360 60GB Hard Drive $20.00
Assassin's Creed $3.00
Assassin's Creed II $8.00
BioShock $5.00
Crackdown $3.00
Dead Space $6.00
Splinter Cell: Conviction $23.00
Turok $1.50

Traded all that for a black Wii bundle + SMG2 (we already have another X360 in our apt)

[quote name='kendrick55993']I don't know why in this cases or deals verbal or oral information and original or real information often mismatches.[/QUOTE]

What the hell did you just say?

Sunday TIVs-

Wii Toy Story Mania $13 base
DS Prof Layton and the curious village $14 base

[quote name='atc250es']SSFIV 360 $20 base[/QUOTE]

so they gave you $20 trade in for it? i thought it mightve been less.. just wana confirm with you.

Hey, to anyone who traded a 360, what exactly do they check? I'm assuming they must power it on and make sure the seal is intact, but do they hook it to a TV? Try to play a game with it?
If you can post or PM me I'd love to hear!

They plug it in and make sure that it reads discs,plays games and that the seal is intact so if the console isn't reading or has the rrod then I don't think they will take it at all.

With mine, they took it over with the power cable and the video cables, set it horizontally, then turned it on and put in a game. They used one of the battery packs and tested it for a few minutes. I'd say five. Just to see if it loaded up, loaded a game. What they can test in the store in front of the customer seems pretty limited, imo. I should acknowledge up front that this is a GS I go to frequently and they are clearly recognizing me at this point. This may have made my experience different from someone who goes to a GS for the first time with a 360 in hand and an eye for a profit, for example. Not saying that's anyone in particular. Just saying.

Hope it helps.

EDIT:

Actually, I called another GS out of curiousity to see what would happen if it was defective, with a read error for example. The guy on the phone told me they'd give $38. Not sure if they'd still give the current $25 hardware bonus they're running atm.

I just traded in my 360 yesterday and they never even took it out of the box. I guess I look trustworthy, but I thought that was pretty crazy. It works perfectly, so it's not like I got away with anything, but remind me to never BUY a used console there.

Ok thanks! Mine just came out of storage and occasionally spits out an error or a blinking light. I'm hoping I can unload it, but I know that damn thing will flash when I try to sell it to them. I'd be happy with $38 at this point, but my GS said they won't take it at all with any red lights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back