GameStop TIV & Promos: Old thread. Please check first/last post for new link!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7320653

[quote name='jp0213']I've received a couple pm's from people wanting to contribute prices but don't want to get harassed about selling to someone or getting more at place x. If this is the case for anyone, you can pm me any values and I'll update them in the list and database.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='CheapyD']Also, the CAG Trade-In Value Tracker is now live and accessible from the main navigation.[/QUOTE]

Instructions on finding games in the database and inputting the values from different sections can be found in my blog post here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/blog.php?b=14143. I would put the entire post in the thread but this is already kind of a large post.

PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

360 Slim Trade-Up Promo - $100 Trade-in Credit Toward Slim Purchase.(Ends 7/11/2010)NO PRE-ORDERS, YMMV ON RESERVE LISTS.
NOTE: Currently the promo is not automatically activating on the computers and are requiring manual input. This will allow for extra credit through EDGE on the accessories and get the $25 hardware bonus on top, putting it at $125, if the employee doesn't remove it like they were supposed to. This will be fixed so take advantage while you can.
[quote name='GameStop.com']Upgrade to a new Xbox 360 250GB and receive the trade in values below: OFFER BEGINS 6/17.

*OP EDIT: This covers all current 360 hardware revisions. Look through the FAQ below on what all is need for hardware trade-in. Also multiple console trade-ins toward a new slim will be YMMV.*

• XB360 System w/wireless OR wired controller - $100
  • XB360 Hard Drive 20 GB - $30
  • XB360 Hard Drive 60 GB - $35
  • XB360 Hard Drive 120 GB - $40
  • XB360 Hard Drive 250 GB - $50
  • XB360 Memory Card 64 MB - $10
  • XB360 Memory Card 256 MB - $14
  • XB360 Memory Card 512 MB - $18
  • XB360 Network Adapter Wireless (Microsoft) - $40
  • XB360 Network N Adapter (Disc required) - $50
  • XB360 Controller – Wired (Microsoft) - $20
  • XB360 Controller – Wireless (Microsoft) - $25
*OP EDIT: You will get EDGE bonuses on trade-ins for these accessories but that bonus will be calculated off of the normal base, not the elevated promo price. Doing a data transfer from your old hard drive in-store will be extremely YMMV.*

Full trade value amount must be applied toward the purchase of a new Slim Xbox 360, new hardware subject to availability by location. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 6/17/10 - 7/11/10. [/QUOTE]

Trade 3 games, get an extra $10 Credit. Ends 6/27/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com'] Trade 3 Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DS or PSP games and get a $10 trade bonus.

Games with a trade value of $1 or less are excluded from offer. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer subject to change at anytime. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 06/07/10 - 06/27/10.[/QUOTE]

$25 Hardware Bonus (End 6/27/10.)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get a $25 trade bonus on any 360, PS3, Wii, DS or PSP system traded.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer may not be valid in some stores. Offer valid 05/17/10 - 06/27/10.[/QUOTE]

Guaranteed $25 trade-in value on select games. (Ends 6/27/10.)
[quote name='GameStop.com'] $25 trade-in credit guaranteed for over 50 select titles.Click Here for Details.
25guaranteed_btm.jpg
Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 6/7/10 - 6/27/10. [/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Is there any way to look at what the previous values reported on a game?
You can search through this thread and previous ones to see what a game has been reported in the past. With the TIV Tracker you can sort by date and then go through the list of past updated values through that as well. Here are the previous GS TIV Threads: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

What are the refurb fees on games?
There appears to be set prices for set value ranges. We aren't 100% certain on the splits just yet. Here is what we have currently:
$0.25-$2 Value:
$0.75 Refurb Fee
$2.01-$4 Value: $1 Refurb Fee
$4.01-$7 Value: $2 Refurb Fee
$7.01-$10 Value: $3 Refurb Fee
$10.01 & Higher Value: $4 Refurb Fee
This information isn't guaranteed by any mean and we are still working on nailing it down.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Why didn't the percent bonus go for my accessory for a system that was included?
Unless stated otherwise, and they are rarely included, the bonuses never apply to accessories. Except the EDGE card of course.

I traded in a bunch of games for the "Trade X, get $X bonus" promo and it gave me the percentage bonus instead?
I can't give concretes on why this happens. GameStop computers are normally pretty good at giving you the better promo. In the case of a percentage bonus being run at the same time as a "Trade X, get $X" promo, things can get messy. The system appears to only give one promo on games per transaction so if you had a few games that you want to go to the percentage bonus and a stack for the "Trade X, Get $X" it will regularly apply the percentage to all of the games. Your best bet is to do all "Trade X, Get $X" games in one transaction on their own. The GameStop clerk may say that the system will figure it all out, tell them you want a separate transaction anyway. As always, check your receipt before you leave the store.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above. They will not, however, take RROD 360 consoles. There may be stores that still do it, but official policy is to not take them in.

How much does an EDGE card subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an EDGE card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game and an extra 10% off the purchase of used games.

Does the EDGE Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

What states charge sales tax on purchases paid in full with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alabama, Arkansas, California, Florida, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, South Carolina, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, Wisconsin, Wyoming
No Information Yet: Connecticut, Idaho, Mississippi, Nevada, New Mexico, Rhode Island, South Dakota

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards. Some kind of programming that gets input from their system that wont show up when only inputting the number off the back of the card.

First post contains promo information and the FAQ. Second post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Third post has the PS2/GC values. Fourth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
For those in NYC, I called a gamestop about 15 minutes ago and they said they have a few in stock. This was the gamestop on 125th (there are 2 if you keep walking past Lenox ave and i'm not sure which one I called haha). Just giving the heads up.

[quote name='Thorgouge']I was wondering why all my Target clearance shelves were always empty! You should check out the Target on Lantana and 441 for a clearance Twilight Princess. Only $34!!![/QUOTE]

Hehe I never do target clearances. But I will defintely tell my friend who is looking for a copy. Thanks.

I just got back from my favorite gamestop and they received 4 and I purchased the 1st 360 slim. Only select stores are getting them today, so it will vary. My deal: Traded in 360 arcade, 120gb hd, wireless adapter, 16mb memory card, hdmi cable and ended up getting $214 in store credit towards the 360 slim (yes, edge works on the accessories so you'll get 10% more tiv) and with my $53 store credit I only paid $35 and change out my pocket. So far so good and am glad I did this deal afterall.

[quote name='david12795']Nice to see a local CAG around that area :D[/QUOTE]

Thanks Thorgouge, just ran the eff out there and snatched one up. West Palm CAGS represent!

[quote name='bcb4589']Sorry if this has been asked/answered but ... is it possible to trade two harddrives toward the new 360? I have both a 20gb and a 120gb and if I could trade them both in for $70 I will probably do this, but if this can't be done then I won't.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Yes. I traded a 60g and a 120g towards mine.

Wait, I checked the first post and I didn't see anything about it, but people are actually trading in their wired headsets and getting money for them? I assume that isn't part of the promotion accesory bump though right? I might as well though, since I will have no use for it considering the slim comes with one anyway.

[quote name='odogs4']Also for people transferring their content, You can use an Ipod to transfer your content. I have a 15 gig 2nd gen Ipod with the wheel and I just finished transfering my 360 game saves, gamer profiles and other stuff to my ipod. But beware because I heard that the Ipod touch does not work.[/QUOTE]

Really? That works? Because my Iphone is always so picky about what I put on it. But I do have a 32GB one so it's more than enough space (I assume the Xbox wouldn't erase what data is already on there to format?). Anyone know more about this? Or if an Iphone would even work?

I'm honestly tempted to try and get $230ish for my 20GB 360 with wireless adapter and extra wireless controller. I'm not going to trade in my 250GB HDD for $55 though :whistle2:(

It'd be nice to keep the Xbox as a back up/achievement boosting console but I'm not going to drop $300 on a second Xbox now or ever =P

Snagged one from the store on 256 in Columbus, OH. Super nice guy who worked there held the last one for me when I called and told him I was on my way. It's definitely as sleek and quiet as everyone has said... even when installing a game to the MASSIVE HARD DRIVE. Seriously... I have no idea what I'm going to do with all that space.

All of the other Gamestops that I called in the Columbus, OH area said they will have them at store opening tomorrow, so take that for what it's worth.

[quote name='Gotenks']Yes. I traded a 60g and a 120g towards mine.[/QUOTE]

nice to hear i got a 120gb and two 20gb i wanna trade with my system and 3 controllers :applause:

ORIGINAL POST HAS WRONG PRICE. Both GS stores I went to in NY have the 360 trade in with wires and wireless controller at $125 towards the slim

EDIT: To clarify, I think the stores around me are honoring the $25 bonus credit along with the other deal.

[quote name='Robman62']ORIGINAL POST HAS WRONG PRICE. Both GS stores I went to in NY have the 360 trade in with wires and wireless controller at $125 towards the slim[/QUOTE]
Did you read the note under the promo in the first post? Since they are having to manually input the $100 promo price for the 360 trade-in, the $25 hardware bonus is being activated when it shouldn't be. If the 360 slim trade-up promo was working automatically like it was supposed to, you would only get $100. GameStop has sent out a message to the stores saying things aren't being picked up correctly by their promo set so they are instructed to give the $100 promo price manually. Since that is done manually the $25 hardware bonus will still activate, when it's not supposed to.

[quote name='jp0213']Did you read the note under the promo in the first post? Since they are having to manually input the $100 promo price for the 360 trade-in, the $25 hardware bonus is being activated when it shouldn't be. If the 360 slim trade-up promo was working automatically like it was supposed to, you would only get $100. GameStop corporate has sent out a message saying things aren't being picked up correctly by their promo set so they are instructed to give the $100 promo price manually. Since that is done manually the $25 hardware bonus will still activate, when it's not supposed to.[/QUOTE]

Oh man, what a sweet CAG style loophole to take advantage of, too bad I likely won't go in until later by the time they've fixed this issue :p .

6/17:

:ps3:Facebreaker - $3.00
:360:Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter - $1.00
:360:Rainbow Six Vegas - $1.50
:360:Sonic the Hedgehog - $2.50
:ps2:Gauntlet: Seven Sorrows - $3.25
:ps2:God of War - $5.25
:ps2:God of War II - $5.25
:ps2:Gran Turismo 4 - $2.25
:ps2:Killzone - $3.25
:ps2:Lego Batman - $6.50
:ps2:Soul Calibur III - $2.75
:ps2:Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - $5.50
:ps2:Tekken 5 - $4.50
:ps2:Third party PS2 controller - $2.75
:ds:Nintendo DS Phat - $25.00

[quote name='bigant262']Quick question, would I be able to trade in my banned 360? I don't think I am but was just wondering because if I can get $125, I might.[/QUOTE]

Do you mean banned from xbox live? Yeah, you could trade it in. I think they just check that it's not red ringed.

[quote name='spincut']Wait, I checked the first post and I didn't see anything about it, but people are actually trading in their wired headsets and getting money for them? I assume that isn't part of the promotion accesory bump though right? I might as well though, since I will have no use for it considering the slim comes with one anyway.

Really? That works? Because my Iphone is always so picky about what I put on it. But I do have a 32GB one so it's more than enough space (I assume the Xbox wouldn't erase what data is already on there to format?). Anyone know more about this? Or if an Iphone would even work?[/QUOTE]

Yes, headset gets like $5, so might as well trade it in since the slim comes with a new one.

I don't think you can use the iPhone to do it; they behave differently than regular iPod. Not positive though.

Are you REQUIRED to trade in A/V cables with the 360?

Also, could I trade in 2 360's at the same time?

Also, is everyone just transferring data to a Flash Drive or something? I would rather do a Migration with the cable...but we'll see

[quote name='dabomb505']So Gamestop is accepting RROD console as well for $85?[/QUOTE]
RROD consoles are not accepted.
[quote name='doubledown']Are you REQUIRED to trade in A/V cables with the 360?

Also, could I trade in 2 360's at the same time?

Also, is everyone just transferring data to a Flash Drive or something? I would rather do a Migration with the cable...but we'll see[/QUOTE]
Yes, A/V cables are required. No VGA cables will not work. If you don't have A/V they will have you buy a set from the store.

Two 360's at the same time wont work but YMMV on getting them to override. Right now would be your best chance before they fix the promo code to work automatically in the computer. Currently they are manually having to set the promo into computer.

jp, you are right. for me, it happened this way: I got $80 for my 360 arcade console and $60 for my 120gb hd which=$140 so either way, it offset itself and is still the same thing. just had to be done manually and that is what the computer was giving the employee but everything went through properly and we double checked everything and it was correct. Pictures do this 360 slim no justice, you have to have it in person to appreciate it..lol.

[quote name='BrehdricTheEnt']For anybody that got a Slim today, how is the wifi? and how far away from your router were you?[/QUOTE]

wifi is great and it's basically the same as the white wireless 360 adapter I had. I only have a g router right now and i'm about 30 feet away and everything is going smoothly online. I can't speak for the N type til later on when I get it but this 360 slim is alot quieter, smoother, looks greats and works alot better for me. I love how they put 3 usb ports in the back and 2 in the front as well :applause:

[quote name='Butatoy2008']question?

is this right?

system - 100
120 gb - 40

plus still get 25?

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/specialty/tradeins/

and how much for nyko ts & wireless headset[/QUOTE]
Right now you will probably get the $25 extra, but you aren't supposed to. They are manually inputting the promo currently so the $25 still activates. They are supposed to remove that but most wont notice. Once they fix the promo that wont happen anymore.

Don't know what a Nyko TS is, but the wireless headset value is listed in the 2nd post will all the current gen console item values.

[quote name='jp0213']RROD consoles are not accepted.[/QUOTE]
Well I was looking at several previous posts where guys got $85 for their broken console.

[quote name='dabomb505']Well I was looking at several previous posts where guys got $85 for their broken console.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, broken disc drives and stuff like that. RROD are no longer accepted according to corporate. You might find a store that'll take them but I highly doubt it.

I was able to jump on this deal with the extra bonus. So fucking happy.

Traded:

System+Controller
Controller
120 GB HD
60 GB HD
Mic - $3.50 before edge (3.85 after)
and a PS2 Memory Card I had laying around - $2.75 Before Edge (3.03 after)

Walked out with a new system for $41.07 which will drop down tomorrow when I trade in that extra 20 GB that I have laying around.

So happy that I went in today and not wait for that 20 GB HD tomorrow since I am sure the mistake will be fixed by tomorrow.

[quote name='intoxicated662']wifi is great and it's basically the same as the white wireless 360 adapter I had. I only have a g router right now and i'm about 30 feet away and everything is going smoothly online. I can't speak for the N type til later on when I get it but this 360 slim is alot quieter, smoother, looks greats and works alot better for me. I love how they put 3 usb ports in the back and 2 in the front as well :applause:[/QUOTE]

jealous :cry:

[quote name='beerme']Do you mean banned from xbox live? Yeah, you could trade it in. I think they just check that it's not red ringed.[/QUOTE]

Yea, just banned from xbox live. So like they won't know or anything then?? And I was reading they check a seal or something like that, I don't know if I still have that. How would I know?

[quote name='bigant262']Yea, just banned from xbox live. So like they won't know or anything then?? And I was reading they check a seal or something like that, I don't know if I still have that. How would I know?[/QUOTE]
They check for a warranty sticker that Microsoft places on the consoles. Most stores don't have a network connection to hook a 360 up to test for banned from live.

[quote name='jp0213']Yeah, broken disc drives and stuff like that. RROD are no longer accepted according to corporate. You might find a store that'll take them but I highly doubt it.[/QUOTE]
I see. Thanks for clarification.

[quote name='bigant262']Yea, just banned from xbox live. So like they won't know or anything then?? And I was reading they check a seal or something like that, I don't know if I still have that. How would I know?[/QUOTE]

take off the faceplate and you'll notice if the ms seal is intact or not. they do check it I believe (well they're suppose to) and I wouldn't trade in a banned 360 to them under no circumstances. they have your information on file along with you on camera trading it in and all and not worth the risk I say.

[quote name='intoxicated662']take off the faceplate and you'll notice if the ms seal is intact or not. they do check it I believe (well they're suppose to) and I wouldn't trade in a banned 360 to them under no circumstances. they have your information on file along with you on camera trading it in and all and not worth the risk I say.[/QUOTE]

Yea I know, I'm probably not, might just see if someone on craigslist wants to buy it or something. Was just curious to see if they would accept it.

Anyone find a gamestop in the OC with the new 360 in stock. Most I've called say monday and a few say tomorrow. Anyways I will probably trade in my 360 ASAP as it red ringed a few days ago but is working now. Hope it lasts until I can trade it in.

All this talk about how they test the consoles... they didn't even plug mine in and turn it on, much less check any labels. They just scanned in the serial number and that was that.

Of course, mine IS in working order, no RROD, not banned, etc. but I'm surprised they just took my word for it.

[quote name='intoxicated662']take off the faceplate and you'll notice if the ms seal is intact or not. they do check it I believe (well they're suppose to) and I wouldn't trade in a banned 360 to them under no circumstances. they have your information on file along with you on camera trading it in and all and not worth the risk I say.[/QUOTE]

Why does that matter? Just curious. Its not like they will go find you. You are agreeing that its working (which it is) and that you didn't steal it. If that person was caught using modded games and got perma banned but can still play games just not online its still working. They send it off to the warehouse where they check it and then if its not working the write it off as a loss. Or the next person gets screwed but isn't it the same for people trading in a console that is starting to show signs of RROD? You know its going to happen so you want to upgrade knowing that the next smuck will get it and most likely get RROD soon after purchasing.

I wouldn't do it but I wouldn't buy a used 360 console from GS. Its a disaster waiting to happen. When I traded mine it was checked throughly with 3 games and kept it on for 15 mins while she helped other people to make sure it wouldn't freeze. So the person who is getting my old system is going to get a decent one but its not a risk I would want to take.

[quote name='jjjbadboy32']Did the wireless "G" adapter come with a disc? I can't remember, and have been looking for it without any luck.[/QUOTE]

No it didn't.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I just read the op on this thread: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=264404 that says that the new X360 S gets very very hot...anyone else experiencing similar issues? I'm hoping it's isolated.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, I wonder if this console should be set up like a tower (I had my old console on its side due to space) but with the vents being both sides and every pick I am seeing is having it set up like a tower...hmm)

Are you able to trade in a DS without the original charger, but with everything else (box, booklets, stylus, etc.) with a game boy advance SP charger and receive some kind of credit?

Also, if that is true, can you apply the extra $25 trade in bonus for trading in a DS (Phat) for the purchase of a new Xbox 360 Slim?

[quote name='mcdaking84']Will they take my headset if it doesn't have the fuzzy thing that goes on the mic?[/QUOTE]

I don't think they actually take headsets. It's not in the list of things required and I didn't get any money when I traded in my console. I just gave it to them because I have way too many (they're included with everything! :roll:) and it came with the console anyway.

The ethernet cable isn't required either, but they give $0.65 for it.

[quote name='joshnorm']Why does that matter? Just curious. Its not like they will go find you. You are agreeing that its working (which it is) and that you didn't steal it. If that person was caught using modded games and got perma banned but can still play games just not online its still working. They send it off to the warehouse where they check it and then if its not working the write it off as a loss. Or the next person gets screwed but isn't it the same for people trading in a console that is starting to show signs of RROD? You know its going to happen so you want to upgrade knowing that the next smuck will get it and most likely get RROD soon after purchasing.

I wouldn't do it but I wouldn't buy a used 360 console from GS. Its a disaster waiting to happen. When I traded mine it was checked throughly with 3 games and kept it on for 15 mins while she helped other people to make sure it wouldn't freeze. So the person who is getting my old system is going to get a decent one but its not a risk I would want to take.[/QUOTE]

a modded 360 is basically for piracy and if it is banned from xbox live, then it is not really not fully functional and all you're doing is passing this mess on to the next poor soul buying a used 360. what if that person is scrambling up money and it's all they can afford and then they come across that message stating the console is banned from xbox live? just think of others as well and put yourself in the other person(s) situation. Also, it will look bad on your behalf and employees get word back on stuff like this so if you're a regular customer there or are friends with the employees and what not it'll come back to you. Don't forget, KARMA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back