GameStop: Trade 2 select games for $50 credit towards LA Noire

PimpBot2000

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
http://www.gamestop.com/collection/la-noire

Just saw this in my email box. Trade in 2 select games at GameStop for $50 credit towards an LA Noire preorder. Offer valid 4/18/11 - 5/8/11.

Some of the qualifying games to look out for between now and 5/8 might be:
Rock Band 3 (game only) PS3 - currently $17.99 preowned at GS
Borderlands GotY Edition (PS3) $19.99 new at GS
Monopoly Streets (PS3) - currently on clearance at Target B&M, $19.98 when I price checked it yesterday

[quote name='emeraldgsl']No it only works towards the LA Noire pre-order.

You can just do the trade in, wait 1 month for the release and buy then return it and get you credit back. That's what I may end up doing.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the tip, I might end up doing this. I want LA Noire, but I want Shadows of the Damned more.

good deal OP, not sure if I want LA Noire and seems like a lot of work to find, buy, trade-in at gamestop. i do not like going to the gamestop by my house :(

I think i'll go buy RB3 for $7.99 using one of those $10 off coupons i got and trade in that and NBA 2k11 for the $50 toward LA Noire. Not even playing 2k11 atm and im pumped for L.A Noire, i was gonna buy it day one anyway, and this is the icing on the cake!

Thanks OP! Thanks guys!

[quote name='Vigilante']
I find it strange that no one else has mentioned getting in on the Gohastings price error last year, not even in other threads with L.A. Noire deals or the like; was the error that isolated...?[/QUOTE]

I got in on the 29.99 deal too. I assume everyone else who did doesn't need to read other threads about how to preorder LA Noire!

I was told by a gamestop employee today the following:

(I asked what would happen if I ended up wanting to return LA Noire after getting it with the $50 credit)

If I was to return the game, I would not receive a refund of the $50 in credit + cash. I would only get back credit equal to the trade-in values of the 2 games I had traded in

This does not seem right to me, because I recently traded Tiger woods 09 in and got the extra 50% bonus in credit; put it toward nba live 10 new; returned nba live 10 a day later and got ALL of the credit back in a refund.

The guy did say though I did not have to put the $50 in credit towards LA Noire. I could use it towards Gears of War 3, Duke Nukem, etc.

I asked if I could use the credit on anything, not just other new releases, and the guy said that the credit could be used on anything once it's put on your card.

I plan on trading in my copy of FIFA 11 and using my $10 off used game coupon to get Rock Band 3 for around $6/7. Then I'll use my $50 in credit to either buy LA Noire once it comes out (if it lives up to the hype), or save it for when FIFA 12 comes out. Idk if what the guy said was correct but I'm sure from experiences with the NBA Live return that the $50 credit won't be locked into LA Noire.

[quote name='b1rdman']I was told by a gamestop employee today the following:
If I was to return the game, I would not receive a refund of the $50 in credit + cash. I would only get back credit equal to the trade-in values of the 2 games I had traded in

This does not seem right to me, because I recently traded Tiger woods 09 in and got the extra 50% bonus in credit; put it toward nba live 10 new; returned nba live 10 a day later and got ALL of the credit back in a refund.
[/QUOTE]

You are right. I just got back from doing this and the guy at GS told me I could just return it and get everything back including the bonus credit.

[quote name='emeraldgsl']You are right. I just got back from doing this and the guy at GS told me I could just return it and get everything back including the bonus credit.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the confirmation. I'm gonna go through with my plan then this weekend.

[quote name='coolrust']As far as I know, you can get $30 for reach at best buy, unless you don't a best buy nearby.[/QUOTE]

hey, does Best Buy give you cash or credit when you trade in stuff?

took in my halo reach, bought a copy of Borderlands. Printed out my $5 off coupon so will end up spending little money on this soon to be awesome game

[quote name='Gustav']hey, does Best Buy give you cash or credit when you trade in stuff?[/QUOTE]

You can get gift card or have a check mailed to you for a slightly lower value.

So, just to confirm, some of you guys were able to get the ps3 borderlands goty edition for $17.99 in store? I'm gonna have to go back for one of those tomorrow, I guess.

I found two games on GoHastings ... just trying to decide now. After the two games & shipping - $50 trade-in + $59.99 for the game + tax, the total out of pocket actually comes to $49.22. So I'd save $15.72. Hmm, you gotta think that the game will be $34.99-39.99 on Amazon within a month or two as some sort of lightning/daily deal. Any thoughts? This a day 1 game or better to wait on?

Edit: This is probably only a good deal if you already own the games you want to trade in; else, the margin is just so slim to get LA Noire for cheap.

I'm surprised NBA Jam is on there with that fall XBLA release which will most likely be $15. I can see the trade value plummeting fast down the road.

I know Naruto Ninja Storm 2 was on clearance at Target but I've yet to see another copy so cheap. Guess I'll be checking Targets more often if I can get on this deal cause I'd love to get La Noire cheap.

This is a joke...

The "old games" could all be sold easily on eBay for $25+ and then you could buy LA Noire somewhere that has a $20 giftcard.

[quote name='freshzen']This is a joke...

The "old games" could all be sold easily on eBay for $25+ and then you could buy LA Noire somewhere that has a $20 giftcard.[/QUOTE]

no way u can get 25 for crash after fees on ebay and i kno man vs wild is new but its 30 retail new so getting 25 after playing it prob not elder scrolls is pretty old couple others on there im not saying every game on there is worth it but if you got crash and elder scrolls lying around and u beat them why not?

[quote name='anthonyd46']somehow missed that typed l.a. norie in the search box no results then noire same thing maybe its cause i put the l.a. sorry[/QUOTE]

There are squads of CAG users whose only purpose seems to be pointing out other people's honest mistakes. Never apologize to them.

NBA Jam? I paid 20 for it...not bad at all. Sly collection or borderlands goty could go as well...

I'm going to wait on reviews, i havent been buying into the hype just yet.

So what's stopping me from buying Rock Band 3 for $7.99 (After the $10 off pre-owned coupon) and Borderlands GOTY for $19.99 (Or $17.99 used) and getting the $50 for only $27.98? Can they really "ban you from the store" for trading in games you just bought? I could just as easily drive to another Gamestop and do the same thing so it shouldn't matter!

I think that we are still awaiting confirmation that Borderlands GOTY PS3 is $17.99 in store. I know the Xbox version is, but it is not included in the list.

One thing seems a bit strange to me. Not bad, just odd. Usually, when GS does these "trade 2-3 games in toward the purchase of an upcoming game" deals, the list of qualifying games only includes fairly recent releases.

But here, I see games like Oblivion:GOTY for 360 and Tales of Vesperia for 360, which were released a few years ago. Maybe GS's inventory for those used games is getting low, and they are doing this to try replenish their stock?

Otherwise, I don't know why games that old would be showing up on their trade in deal list.

[quote name='sgaldis']I think that we are still awaiting confirmation that Borderlands GOTY PS3 is $17.99 in store. I know the Xbox version is, but it is not included in the list.[/QUOTE]

Even at $19.99 it's still a deal, considering Gamestop seems to have the best DLC for the game. That would be $37.98 + tax for the game total, if you have the coupon for $10 off preowned used on RB3. If you didn't have the coupon, $47.98+tax isn't terrible, especially factoring in the DLC.

[quote name='JanusZeal2']One thing seems a bit strange to me. Not bad, just odd. Usually, when GS does these "trade 2-3 games in toward the purchase of an upcoming game" deals, the list of qualifying games only includes fairly recent releases.

But here, I see games like Oblivion:GOTY for 360 and Tales of Vesperia for 360, which were released a few years ago. Maybe GS's inventory for those used games is getting low, and they are doing this to try replenish their stock?

Otherwise, I don't know why games that old would be showing up on their trade in deal list.[/QUOTE]

Oblivion I would imagine has new demand with the announcement of Skyrim and people have been cleaning out Gamestop's used supply. Tales of Vesperia has always been rare and nets $30-40 easy on eBay, and as such Gamestop almost never has it stocked. Same reason why Metroid Prime Trilogy always shows up when Wii games are eligible.

[quote name='sgaldis']I think that we are still awaiting confirmation that Borderlands GOTY PS3 is $17.99 in store. I know the Xbox version is, but it is not included in the list.[/QUOTE]
I was able to buy Borderlands GOTY for $17.99. But it was funny, so not sure it is not YMMV. Here is my story.

I go in, find the used copy marked $17.99. He scans the game and it rings up 17.99. He goes to get the sleeve with the disc out of the drawer and he looks at it funny. Turns out the sleeve is marked $34.99 (like the website states it should be). At first he tells me it is $34.99 and the box was marked wrong since the sticker didnt say GOTY on it. But as I was leaving he stops me and tells me he can sell it to me for $17.99 as the game no longer appears in his inventory or something like that.

So long story short...I got the game for $17.99 minus my $10 coup on used games. Good deal for me. Now off to finish Spider Man: SD (from Gamefly for $13) and then trade both in for $50 towards LA Noire.

I traded in NBA 2k11 and Dead Space 2. I got one game free, and the other was nearly free after Amazon promos.

So not exactly a crappy deal as some have said.

So, I didn't realize LA Noire is single player only and I already pre-ordered and paid it off using this promo today. Can I go in now, cancel it and get the $59.99 credit on my PUR card or will I have to wait until release date to return it?

[quote name='shiftymcneely']So, I didn't realize LA Noire is single player only and I already pre-ordered and paid it off using this promo today. Can I go in now, cancel it and get the $59.99 credit on my PUR card or will I have to wait until release date to return it?[/QUOTE]

Never hurts to ask them to cancel it. If they can't get it back on your PUR card, tell them to put it on a gift card. It's your money, after all.

[quote name='HydroX']Never hurts to ask them to cancel it. If they can't get it back on your PUR card, tell them to put it on a gift card. It's your money, after all.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I had mine put it on a gift card once for similar reasons, but not sure if YMMV.

[quote name='FadeToOne']Only valid til May 8th? That's too soon... I probably won't get my free MLB 11 until later.[/QUOTE]

With this kind of deal in the past, they have removed titles from the list too. Don't know if they still do that sort of thing.

Don't forget that if you have the PowerUpReward/Edge card that you'll also get the 10% bonus credit(based on original TIV and not the $25 per game bump) on TOP of the 'trade 2 get $50' promo.

So you can end up paying very little out of pocket for LA Noire if you bring in two games with better initial values.

[quote name='shiftymcneely']So, I didn't realize LA Noire is single player only and I already pre-ordered and paid it off using this promo today. Can I go in now, cancel it and get the $59.99 credit on my PUR card or will I have to wait until release date to return it?[/QUOTE]

Not to be rude, but how could you have looked into this game and not thought it would be single player? Was it simply the assumption that this would be another typical Rockstar mission based open world game?

[quote name='biledriver']Not to be rude, but how could you have looked into this game and not thought it would be single player? Was it simply the assumption that this would be another typical Rockstar mission based open world game?[/QUOTE]

Well, I thought after the immense success Red Dead was with the online component, I figured something similar to that would be included. I know Rockstar is saying the game won't be a GTA set in the 40's, but I find that hard to believe.

[quote name='shiftymcneely']Well, I thought after the immense success Red Dead was with the online component, I figured something similar to that would be included. I know Rockstar is saying the game won't be a GTA set in the 40's, but I find that hard to believe.[/QUOTE]

LA Noire looks more like an adventure game with some GTA type elements. But so far nothing indicates it will be anywhere near as open as GTA. And the dev has mentioned it several times as well. Don't expect GTA.

I still cant wait for it. Looks epically cinematic.

[quote name='wrencrest']LA Noire looks more like an adventure game with some GTA type elements. But so far nothing indicates it will be anywhere near as open as GTA. And the dev has mentioned it several times as well. Don't expect GTA.

I still cant wait for it. Looks epically cinematic.[/QUOTE]

Yea, A note to those considering this game. Read up on it! It's more Heavy Rain than GTA.

bread's done
Back