GameStop: Trade 2 select games for $50 credit towards LA Noire

PimpBot2000

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
http://www.gamestop.com/collection/la-noire

Just saw this in my email box. Trade in 2 select games at GameStop for $50 credit towards an LA Noire preorder. Offer valid 4/18/11 - 5/8/11.

Some of the qualifying games to look out for between now and 5/8 might be:
Rock Band 3 (game only) PS3 - currently $17.99 preowned at GS
Borderlands GotY Edition (PS3) $19.99 new at GS
Monopoly Streets (PS3) - currently on clearance at Target B&M, $19.98 when I price checked it yesterday

[quote name='wrencrest']As long as the games are still on their list you will get it. They can change at any time though.[/QUOTE]

I saw them on there. I'm just wondering could I buy the standard version of those two games and still use the dlc? I'm pretty sure Oblivion is fine. I'm just curious about Borderlands? I found a new copy for $9.99.

So I found out that the standard copies of both games work with the goty content! Going to trade them in today.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm probably going to trade in Fable III (worst decision to buy at launch) and Halo: Reach. I don't want to give up Halo Reach but I'll have to rebuy it when its cheaper. Several of my Xbox360 game discs in the center are cracked, I'm guessing its from the Xbox360 casing.

[quote name='LancerEvoX']I'm probably going to trade in Fable III (worst decision to buy at launch) and Halo: Reach. I don't want to give up Halo Reach but I'll have to rebuy it when its cheaper. Several of my Xbox360 game discs in the center are cracked, I'm guessing its from the Xbox360 casing.[/QUOTE]
I never got into Fable. I don't know why, lol.

[quote name='PimpBot2000']http://www.gamestop.com/collection/la-noire

Just saw this in my email box. Trade in 2 select games at GameStop for $50 credit towards an LA Noire preorder. Offer valid 4/18/11 - 5/8/11.

Some of the qualifying games to look out for between now and 5/8 might be:
Rock Band 3 (game only) PS3 - currently $17.99 preowned at GS
Borderlands GotY Edition (PS3) $19.99 new at GS
Monopoly Streets (PS3) - currently on clearance at Target B&M, $19.98 when I price checked it yesterday[/QUOTE]

I don't see Rock Band 3 on the list, did they remove it? Its on clearance for $9.98 at TRU.

[quote name='Stimes']I don't see Rock Band 3 on the list, did they remove it? Its on clearance for $9.98 at TRU.[/QUOTE]
I'm going to call them and ask. I don't see it on the list.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']They're accepting Rock Band PS3. I'm going to pick up a copy. I just called.[/QUOTE]

That's great if it's true, I'll have to call mine now. I just looked up the trade in value of the ps3 version and it's $5 at GS.

It is on the list in the store, because that is a print out, but the system itself won't give you the $25 for it. The employee may override it but that is YMMV.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I'm going to call them and ask. I don't see it on the list.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Saix_XIII']It is on the list in the store, because that is a print out, but the system itself won't give you the $25 for it. The employee may override it but that is YMMV.[/QUOTE]

I think it's worth a try, worst case you could trade them in to Amazon for $13 each. I have 3 different Game Stops in my small town so I'm off to TRU to see if they have any more RB3.

[quote name='Stimes']I just called and Rock Band 3 for PS3 is on the list they have in my store as well.[/QUOTE]
I called and asked the employee. He then asked his manager and his manager said one copy each. Rock Band PS3, and Elder Scrolls Oblivion X360.

[quote name='ausinwarren']Ok I bit. Traded in crysis 2 and nba 2k11 for $60. Yay no tax if I pay all credit. Hope its worth it...[/QUOTE]

it looks like it will be.

I've been waiting for twenty minutes for my trade in...

Success! I brought in Elder Scrolls Oblivion GOTY, and Rock Band 3 PS3. The one cashier was trying to sell me the Power Play which I didn't want. Anyway, the other cashier tried to ring up my order three times and it shouldn't go through. The manager then checked the email to see which games dropped from the list. He then told me that it dropped. I finally asked him was there anything he could do? I drove all the way there and called beforehand. The manager makes a phone call and overrides the trade! Paid the remaining balance which was $10.68. Complete YMMV. Good luck fellow cags.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SpartenOmega117']can't decide if i should trade borderland GOTY or bulletstorm epic edition. which one do you think will have more value in the future?[/QUOTE]

You can download the DLCs for Borderlands from the disc and then re-buy it somewhere else for

Could someone tell me all the PS3 games that were removed from the list? I only know of Sly Collection and Rock Band 3. Also can you turn right around and cancel the preorder and get that $50 added as credit? Or is that YMMV and the employees would instead only give you the TIV of the 2 games?

[quote name='Buuhan1']Could someone tell me all the PS3 games that were removed from the list? I only know of Sly Collection and Rock Band 3. Also can you turn right around and cancel the preorder and get that $50 added as credit? Or is that YMMV and the employees would instead only give you the TIV of the 2 games?[/QUOTE]

I am unsure of what games were removed besides Rock Band 3 and Top Spin 4 (PS3 and 360), and I guess Sly Collection.

I would recommend trading in the two games and then coming back a few days before the game comes out (or a week or so after you do the trade in) and ask them to cancel the pre-order and if you can get it on a gift card. Most likely they won't remember how you paid for the pre-order and if they ask for the receipt just tell them you don't have it anymore.

Also, thanks for the highlight from Fire Emblem.

just to let you guys know the sims 3 is $19.99 right now for both 360/ps3 on amazon. you can buy both for a grand total of $40 and trade them in for la noire.

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']just to let you guys know the sims 3 is $19.99 right now for both 360/ps3 on amazon. you can buy both for a grand total of $40 and trade them in for la noire.[/QUOTE]

The offer ends tomorrow right?

You can always buy them new at Best Buy or where ever. Order them from amazon then return them back to Best Buy when you get the ones from Amazon. The thing is you would only be making a total of $10 since you would still need to put $10 down on the game.

Amazon has LA Noire for $60 (no tax to most places) and $15 credit. So instead of spending $53 (tax on LA Noire from GS of around $3) for it you can spend $60 and get $15 back and not have to run around. Or you can go the K-Mart rout and get $20 off another game and a free game and not have to run around. Either way The Sims 3 doesn't seem like a good deal at all. In fact I think this deal is pretty crappy now that they removed the games you could buy cheaper then what they traded in for.

Borderlands GotY was never a good option IMO since it was like $22 after tax and traded in for $25, so you make only $2-3 each

RB3 and Top Spin 4 were good options because you can get them from GS and just turn around and trade them in. Plus with discounts they would be anywhere from $7 to $15 with the $10 off that was a Steal of the Week I think 2 weeks ago and the PU card. thus making it at least $20 "profit" with 0 effort.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I called and asked the employee. He then asked his manager and his manager said one copy each. Rock Band PS3, and Elder Scrolls Oblivion X360.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, I got BB to price match and took back my TRU copy since they will only take one and I have BB credit.
[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I've been waiting for twenty minutes for my trade in...

Success! I brought in Elder Scrolls Oblivion GOTY, and Rock Band 3 PS3. The one cashier was trying to sell me the Power Play which I didn't want. Anyway, the other cashier tried to ring up my order three times and it shouldn't go through. The manager then checked the email to see which games dropped from the list. He then told me that it dropped. I finally asked him was there anything he could do? I drove all the way there and called beforehand. The manager makes a phone call and overrides the trade! Paid the remaining balance which was $10.68. Complete YMMV. Good luck fellow cags.[/QUOTE]

Oh the things we do to get a good deal, yeah same senario for me, definitely call in first, it took took him 6 tries and finally he got it to $49.99 credit towards the deal and I took it. I traded in my Oblivion GOTY as well, thanks for your help.

[quote name='Stimes']Thanks, I got BB to price match and took back my TRU copy since they will only take one and I have BB credit.

Oh the things we do to get a good deal, yeah same senario for me, definitely call in first, it took took him 6 tries and finally he got it to $49.99 credit towards the deal and I took it. I traded in my Oblivion GOTY as well, thanks for your help.[/QUOTE]
No problem man. As I drove away, I was thinking. "in the end, the cheapest gamer always win." Lol. I did a lot of driving though. First to Toys to return borderlands(after I was there earlier) and pick up Rock Band 3. Then to Gamestop. What we will do for cheap games, lol.

[quote name='Buuhan1']Could someone tell me all the PS3 games that were removed from the list? I only know of Sly Collection and Rock Band 3. Also can you turn right around and cancel the preorder and get that $50 added as credit? Or is that YMMV and the employees would instead only give you the TIV of the 2 games?[/QUOTE]

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed 2 and Top Spin 4 were both removed also. Updated list is here: http://www.gamestop.com/collection/la-noire#games

You could always try to PM Amazon's Sims 3 price @ BB; I was told by an employee that to be competitive they are price matching websites now, but I'm sure that's incredibly YMMV.

Is this offer at gamestop getting extended for a small amount of time, or does it end today for good?

if it ends today imma have to hoof it outta here and trade some games!

[quote name='TPerryoo7']Is this offer at gamestop getting extended for a small amount of time, or does it end today for good?

if it ends today imma have to hoof it outta here and trade some games![/QUOTE]

I haven't heard any news of them extending the offer at all. I would do it before they drop some games off of the list. Plus you'd have to spend more time and effort getting cheaper games to get in on the deal. I would pick up Fable 3 and another cheap titles. I got really lucky when I bought Rock Band 3 for $9.98 for the PS3 which I don't even own the instruments for. You could always call as well.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I haven't heard any news of them extending the offer at all. I would do it before they drop some games off of the list. Plus you'd have to spend more time and effort getting cheaper games to get in on the deal. I would pick up Fable 3 and another cheap titles. I got really lucky when I bought Rock Band 3 for $9.98 for the PS3 which I don't even own the instruments for. You could always call as well.[/QUOTE]

Yea I missed out on those deals, Im coming in pretty late, I didn't figure out I wanted LA until last night haha.

I have Resident Evil 5 gold and Oblviion GOTY, Ive pretty much played them out, so I want to trade those toward. Hopefully I can make it down to Gamestop tonight then! It closes early on Sundays, like 6pm I think. gah...

[quote name='TPerryoo7']Yea I missed out on those deals, Im coming in pretty late, I didn't figure out I wanted LA until last night haha.

I have Resident Evil 5 gold and Oblviion GOTY, Ive pretty much played them out, so I want to trade those toward. Hopefully I can make it down to Gamestop tonight then! It closes early on Sundays, like 6pm I think. gah...[/QUOTE]

I was in the same boat, lol. Once I found out they were taking Rock Band 3 ($9.98 at Toys R' Us) for the PS3, I went back and returned my standard copy of Borderlands. (Already had the GOTY edition content stored on my PS3, and was going to trade that in.) I have the content from Oblivion saved on my HDD so I'll just pick that up for $10 from GoHastings once they have another sale. I brought my copy of Borderlands with me, but I kept that in the car. Rock Band 3 would've been useless since I already own it for the X360. I'm pretty sure they do close at six, but persistence pays. A new game for $10.68 that plays like Heavy Rain??? I'm all over it.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']I was in the same boat, lol. Once I found out they were taking Rock Band 3 ($9.98 at Toys R' Us) for the PS3, I went back and returned my standard copy of Borderlands. (Already had the GOTY edition content stored on my PS3, and was going to trade that in.) I have the content from Oblivion saved on my HDD so I'll just pick that up for $10 from GoHastings once they have another sale. I brought my copy of Borderlands with me, but I kept that in the car. Rock Band 3 would've been useless since I already own it for the X360. I'm pretty sure they do close at six, but persistence pays. A new game for $10.68 that plays like Heavy Rain??? I'm all over it.[/QUOTE]

indeed, I already have $23 put towards LA in trades i did last night (junky sports games), If Im able to do this deal today, ill have $73 toward LA, so ill get some extra money back for getting LA.

If I cant make it in time for this deal today, then Im probably just going to forget the whole thing and save the money for another cheaper game, or food lol.

[quote name='TPerryoo7']indeed, I already have $23 put towards LA in trades i did last night (junky sports games), If Im able to do this deal today, ill have $73 toward LA, so ill get some extra money back for getting LA.

If I cant make it in time for this deal today, then Im probably just going to forget the whole thing and save the money for another cheaper game, or food lol.[/QUOTE]

Wait, wut? When doing trade-ins you can do the "extra 25%" toward a game and have that stockpile as regular credit once you have enough to buy the game? I guess that sort of makes sense, but I was just thinking they'd make me buy two copies of Noire...

[quote name='DerClaw']Wait, wut? When doing trade-ins you can do the "extra 25%" toward a game and have that stockpile as regular credit once you have enough to buy the game? I guess that sort of makes sense, but I was just thinking they'd make me buy two copies of Noire...[/QUOTE]

Ehh, I didnt use the extra 25% deal. The Trade 3 for an extra 10 deal is much better. Especially when your trading in crappy games. I get whatevers left in trade value, Ill put it toward another game.

[quote name='TPerryoo7']indeed, I already have $23 put towards LA in trades i did last night (junky sports games), If Im able to do this deal today, ill have $73 toward LA, so ill get some extra money back for getting LA.

If I cant make it in time for this deal today, then Im probably just going to forget the whole thing and save the money for another cheaper game, or food lol.[/QUOTE]

Food is always the better option. I wish it wasn't so expensive, lol.

[quote name='CheapAssHustla']Food is always the better option. I wish it wasn't so expensive, lol.[/QUOTE]

word. Im a cheap ass gamer... but also a cheap ass eater haha. I find it luxurious to be able to have a subway sandwhich.

[quote name='TPerryoo7']word. Im a cheap ass gamer... but also a cheap ass eater haha. I find it luxurious to be able to have a subway sandwhich.[/QUOTE]

You have to eat fresh, lol. That comment is making me hungry.

[quote name='Stimes']Does anyone have an opinion on which system to buy this game for?[/QUOTE]

The PS3 version comes with an exclusive mission (http://ps3.ign.com/articles/116/1161633p1.html)
I heard somewhere that it was made for the PS3 and then ported over to the X360. I could be wrong! Lol

[quote name='Stimes']Does anyone have an opinion on which system to buy this game for?[/QUOTE]

PS3 is the lead platform, at the time when Sony was publishing it. When Rockstar took over they made the game multiplatform. I believe the PS3 is one disc while on the 360 its on 3 discs. If anything is to go by, Rockstar games tend to perform and look better in the 360 (GTAIV, RDR). But I'm going to get it for the PS3 for the fact that it's one disc and it was the original lead platform.

yea Im going PS3. 3 discs is nuts. plus I HATE the green artwork all over the discs and the cover. with the PS3 its stylish at least. Thats me though. I don't care about the graphics, since Im running my PS3 on HDMI and my 360 on component, the PS3 will always look better in my case.

Gotta love the mom and pop stores. I was able to pick up monopoly for $10 and combined it with fifa 11I already had for $53 in credit towards the game.

[quote name='TPerryoo7']Is this offer at gamestop getting extended for a small amount of time, or does it end today for good?

if it ends today imma have to hoof it outta here and trade some games![/QUOTE]

Ends today seeing how the game is released next week. Do it now! Lol.

[quote name='housedaclown']Ends today seeing how the game is released next week. Do it now! Lol.[/QUOTE]
I didn't even know that, lol. They didn't even tell me that when I pre ordered. I'll be there.

Woo made it just in time, 30 minutes before they closed!

traded a disc only RE5 gold (i kept the nice slip cover and artwork i had since they are releasing them with STUPID move logos)

and an Oblivion GOTY( i keep the DLC on my HD, so I win!)

LA is paid off, now i just need to pick it up. Hopefully they have a midnight!

[quote name='TPerryoo7']Woo made it just in time, 30 minutes before they closed!

traded a disc only RE5 gold (i kept the nice slip cover and artwork i had since they are releasing them with STUPID move logos)

and an Oblivion GOTY( i keep the DLC on my HD, so I win!)

LA is paid off, now i just need to pick it up. Hopefully they have a midnight![/QUOTE]

I won't be there for a midnight launch, lol. I have exams in the morning.

bread's done
Back