GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
But IL is a US state. So people slightly respect it.
Basically this.

We can't declare bankruptcy, cuz we are not a state per se, we are just a commonwealth of the US, no money either.

Either way, I don't really care that much anymore. ALready thinking about leaving to the states.

Going to suck as things are just going to get worse with this years new change of political "color".

On another note, I was actually born in Chicago lol.

Basically this.

We can't declare bankruptcy, cuz we are not a state per se, we are just a commonwealth of the US, no money either.

Either way, I don't really care that much anymore. ALready thinking about leaving to the states.

Going to suck as things are just going to get worse with this years new change of political "color".

I would GTFO of Puerto Rico. Go back to Chicago, they are almost bankrupt though.

But IL is a US state. So people slightly respect it.
Not smart people. It's just about the epitome of a poorly run government. It's California with terrible weather and New York without the same quality of tourist attractions.

It has Chicago in it soooooo 50/50.
I've lived in Illinois my entire life. I haven't been to Chicago in 12+ years. If I need my dose of urban hell, I can get to St. Louis in half the time, though I wouldn't mind another trip to Wrigley.

My condolences on both your birth place and your early death. My dad's work might be sending him up into the Chicago area (but worse) soon, and I asked if they were providing the bulletproof vest.

Gamestop earnings for holiday were pretty abysmal, with software sales dropping 10% year over year. Stock is at 52 week low

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/gamestop-shares-plunge-52-week-151940104.html

They'll be forced to shake things up, some of it will undoubtedly be bad for us CAGs (limits on what we can use trade credit for) but there will undoubtedly be opportunities as well, like the old tablet/phone flip periods.

I wonder if there is more to the PR story, like its kind of weird to shut down everything. Either some new laws came in that would make Gamestop liable for stuff they didn't want to be, or they were afraid of lawsuits in the future.
Maybe just maybe they can actually have new game sales now and then.

Basically this.

Will Trump build a wall across PR beforehand, god knows we can't keep taking people in.....lol

Maybe just maybe they can actually have new game sales now and then.
I know this was partly meant to be funny and partly fact. On that note though, they really need a sea change in the way they approach profits. A few years back when Black Friday sales were a better kept secret, many people would overpay because they didn't know of (or didn't want to be bothered to find) a better deal. They needed to buy a game so they went to gamestop - end of story.

Now, with pricing info becoming more and more widely known, fewer people are going to make the mistake of paying for overpriced items at gamestop. Additionally, as stores like Best Buy, Target and even TRU are getting more aggressive with their sales and agreeing to price match other stores, gamestop is becoming a less and less attractive place to shop.

Ironically, rather than changing with the times, they actually increased the cost of their preowned games from 54.99 to 56.99. Simply put, they are trending in the wrong direction because they refuse to move in the right direction.

Also, just an PSA to everyone that those $ off preowned game coupons expire tomorrow.

Gamestop app > trade > find trade values > accessories > Type Disney Infinity

Looks like the highest TIV is for Boba Fett and Violet: $6
Yeah you don't get much on the figures. I've seen people trade in the entire Skylander series (before this fall's release) and get like $500 or so in credit.

I don't suppose anyone traded in one of the $30-TIV games within the past day to see if you still don't need to buy/preorder anything to get the bumped value?

I'm curious for the guys that had been buying eBay gift cards, have you guys been rolling them on eBay? Seems every few days they have a $100 eBay GC for $95 and its like free $5 everytime they do it, assuming you are rolling and not spending money oop.

I'm curious for the guys that had been buying eBay gift cards, have you guys been rolling them on eBay? Seems every few days they have a $100 eBay GC for $95 and its like free $5 everytime they do it, assuming you are rolling and not spending money oop.
I have rolled eBay gcs on 2 accounts (mine and gf's) for the better part of half a year. We're up to 80 per account in bonus GC's.

Coincidentally there is a rolling opportunity right now.

wording on coupon says every 4 next gen games, does that mean I can trade in 8 and get $40? =]
It is worded a little strange, but it sounds like the coupon is one time use but will apply to every set of 4 games traded in.

While I doubt it stacks, if anyone tries a guaranteed $30 game with the extra $20 promo, please report if it works together or not.

It is worded a little strange, but it sounds like the coupon is one time use but will apply to every set of 4 games traded in.

While I doubt it stacks, if anyone tries a guaranteed $30 game with the extra $20 promo, please report if it works together or not.
Yes I'm interested in this info also. I plan on trading in a couple games from the 4 for $40 (walking dead ps4 and rabbits) with need for speed and handsome jack. If it all stacks though, the second trip I make is going to be nice =]

Just traded in 8 games with one coupon gave $5 extra per game. I would've traded in 12 although guaranteed $30 does not stack with extra $20.

Edit: he did scan the coupon first, so maybe if the coupon is scanned last it will allow it. Could be wrong though.

So whats the story with the $30 title? Which one was it and how much did you get?
It was star wars. I didn't trade it in though. I had others I swapped it out for. It still would've been like 32 something trade in but also had black ops 3 and assassin's creed and those wouldn't be 30 even with the extra 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back