GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I was planning on trading some games in earlier this week but never got around to it. Hope the 50% rumors are true because I'll be getting a very nice chunk of credit out of it.

With coupon black flag and unity are $9.40 each. Syndicate would be 31.80. Then you need a 4th ps4 game. How are you seeing $20 a game?
Oh crap!!

I was reading the TIV as 9 not 4 when I posted that, and was adding in the $20 bonus if it was allowed..

(I was also going to sell MKX)

I literally wrote that post just after I got up and was checking values and posting from my tablet/phone while in bed.

Reminds me of the last time GS bumped TIVs and I nearly traded in New Super Mario Bros. because I couldn't remember the last time I played it. Then I fired it up and remembered why it's a great game that I can replay over and over. Though I don't know if AC is that way, the last one I played was simply titled "Assasins Creed".
AC is a good game, and I enjoy the lore and mechanics.
The problem is, the franchise fatigue sets in really fast and in many cases you can supplement one entry with the others.

I played AC1 and 2 in quick succession, then tried to play Brotherhood when It was released but it felt like I was just going through the motions since I played 1 and 2 that same year...

So I waited and played Brotherhood.. then when Revelations came out it once again felt like going through the motions and I didn't play it till 2013...
I've bought every AC since (Always on Black Friday),and not played them beyond testing to see if they work.

Has the 50% started?
Is it a coupon, or just an instore thing?
It started for employees today, which is likely how geekstop was able to try both promos to see if they stacked.

The 50% promo itself won't require any coupons when it starts for the rest of us on Monday.

It started for employees today, which is likely how geekstop was able to try both promos to see if they stacked.

The 50% promo itself won't require any coupons when it starts for the rest of us on Monday.
but the guaranteed $30 doesnt require a coupon either and it doesnt stack

[attachment=19764:0123161519.jpg]
Got this Middle East Zelda Skyward Sword copy for dirt cheap the other week.. But dont know if this version is or will be "rare" someday.. Or I could trade it in for $36.50 credit on monday..what should I do..?

attachicon.gif
0123161519.jpg
Got this Middle East Zelda Skyward Sword copy for dirt cheap the other week.. But dont know if this version is or will be "rare" someday.. Or I could trade it in for $36.50 credit on monday..what should I do..?
There's a good chance GameStop won't take the game as it isn't from the US.

0123161519.jpg
It's pretty easy to tell from the case that's it's from outside the U.S. From what I remeber when Amazon sent me one of those Middle East region copies on a warehouse deals purchase though, the discs look almost identical to the U.S. region ones aside from some small print saying its Middle East region locked or something. You could probably get lucky with a disc only trade in, but that would be kind of a dick move towards whoever buys that in the long run.

A lot of TIV tanked today. Maybe there is some truth to the 50% bonus on Monday. Check the first link in my sig.

So 44 for dualshock 4 with pur if tiv holds? Am I calculating this right cuz if I am, then here I come ebay gcs

need fo speed
until dawg
black cops 3
grand theft auto v

handsome collection

bloodborne
witcher 3
ac syndicate

mkx
sw battlefront
mgs v phantom pain

dying light

dark souls 2

Man, I don't know if I'm going to bother with this unless something good crops up. Don't have anything on hand that's really exceptional and don't think I want to spend cash flipping to GS with then clamping down on Amazon/eBay GCs.

Batman: Arkham Knight would be good credit mover.

kinect sports rivals used BB

damn a lot of good credit movers.

If only that damn $30 guaranteed bonus didn't end on the 24th well what can you do.

Dishonored Definitive Edition is on sale for X1 on Amazon for $16.99. 

Base value right now is $15 at GS before the 50% bonus when it starts.  And if the value holds which it probably will.

Wait, what's going on with clamping down?
Lots of people are running into issues with stores not allowing gift card purchases with credit. Apparently it's going to be a national thing, getting slowly rolled out district by district.

Lots of people are running into issues with stores not allowing gift card purchases with credit. Apparently it's going to be a national thing, getting slowly rolled out district by district.
I saw an internal memo that stated a list of GC's that could not be bought with credit (i.e. Amazon, Shell etc) when I did a trade last weekend and picked up a $50 Amazon GC. Glad my cashier wasn't paying attention...

I saw an internal memo that stated a list of GC's that could not be bought with credit (i.e. Amazon, Shell etc) when I did a trade last weekend and picked up a $50 Amazon GC. Glad my cashier wasn't paying attention...
So do you know which gift cards can be purchased with credit?

Will they let it slide if I purchase some $.99 games and candy with my ebay gift card purchase? Lol

I wonder if it'll be based on employee or if the POS system will block it. If it's employee then our conversions could still very well be live. I always make sure I swipe my card right after they give me the total and they never look at it

I wonder if it'll be based on employee or if the POS system will block it. If it's employee then our conversions could still very well be live. I always make sure I swipe my card right after they give me the total and they never look at it
They are supposedly working on a POS patch to block them.

For now it just depends on the district and employees.

clerk told me they couldn't sell them the other day.
I was all, Oh that started already - I thought a block was coming later.
she says, well I'll try to ring them and if it lets you then it's ok I guess but just cuz it's you.
Hope she don't get bitched at.

and damn Rainbow Six tanked Ike shit, from 27 to 18.
gotta go out tomorrow to get that $30.

Explaining what led to this, I've been told the near same exact urban-legend-sounding story by 3 different clerks about some Asian dude and/or organized group redeeming fraudulently obtained GS GCs to purchase $1k Amazon GC per store, repeating at every store in the area eventually leading to 6-figure losses.

Explaining what led to this, I've been told the near same exact urban-legend-sounding story by 3 different clerks about some Asian dude and/or organized group redeeming fraudulently obtained GS GCs to purchase $1k Amazon GC per store, repeating at every store in the area eventually leading to 6-figure losses.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uy9Z-Tg6ufU

This is hilarious but also very sad. How am I supposed to convert GS credit to BB now without losing value?

I think the general assumption has been tied to various forms of theft/money laundering. It is something that actually happens on a huge scale with GCs.

Now ISIS will be stuck buying over priced games .......

Its bullshit, no one is money laundering with GC, when the max load value is 500.  The government just want a excuse to monitor everyone with all kind of b.s "terrorist" drug excuses. 

When our gov't launder more money than anyone else.  The gov't never found where that missing billions in cash went in Iraq.

I was told that it was because people were stealing things from one Gamestop then going to another and trading it in.

Then buying GCs and selling them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back