GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of people are running into issues with stores not allowing gift card purchases with credit. Apparently it's going to be a national thing, getting slowly rolled out district by district.
Does that include PSN cards, or just other store POS cards?

I was told that it was because people were stealing things from one Gamestop then going to another and trading it in.

Then buying GCs and selling them.
.......... you just made me remember a couple strange events from my past, semi related to Gamestop (Funcoland)

Hmm Halo 5 dropped from $25 to $18 and Elder Scrolls Online went up from $8 to $10. Everything else on my list stayed the same so it's worth holding out if the coupon and 50% stack. 

If they're stealing things from Gamestop then it must be accessories laying around because all of their games are locked up behind cabinets (at least the ones of value).  I've heard of employees stealing games but I don't see how non-employees would be able to steal a game.  

I doubt the $20 coupon will stack next week.

If they're stealing things from Gamestop then it must be accessories laying around because all of their games are locked up behind cabinets (at least the ones of value). I've heard of employees stealing games but I don't see how non-employees would be able to steal a game.

They said it didn't on a few posts ago.

If they're stealing things from Gamestop then it must be accessories laying around because all of their games are locked up behind cabinets (at least the ones of value). I've heard of employees stealing games but I don't see how non-employees would be able to steal a game.

People steal from every other store and then take it to GS.

It's 2:26 am, I'm bored and sick so I think I'll share these memories with you.

#1. In 1996 I was the manager (and only employee, save for the owner) of a store known as "Video Games Galore"

The store heavily aped FunCoLand, going as far as to use their prices and trade values as their own.

One day, three customers came in.. one asked me to show them a game on the demo station. While I was distracted, the others reached over into the cabinets at the front of the store and began to steal cartridge games. The owner figured out what happened the next day while going through inventory.

A few days later, the one who distracted me came back in with all the stolen games as "Trade in." Recognizing him, I immediately confronted him, telling him that he can't trade the games in, they were stolen. I then pointed to the security camera facing the counter/entrance and lied saying we got it all on camera (The camera was a fake). The guy freaked out, said he had nothing to do with it, dropped all the items on the counter and ran.

The owner that night was like "Dude, why did you do that!? You know you could have been shot right!?"

Eh I ended up working there for a few months, until I totaled my car and could no longer deal with the new hires.

#2. Around the same time, give or take a year or so, there was this really friendly worker at the FunCoLand I mentioned above.
He was knowledgeable, always gave an honest opinion, helpful.. everything you'd want in an employee.... BUT...

When you'd buy a game new, he'd reach back and pull the game out of the box. Selling it to the people cartridge (and maybe instructions) only. When questioned about this, he'd say the boxes were for display purposes only. He'd then complete the transaction and they'd be on their way.

Turns out, he was pocketing the money. By removing the games from their boxes, the other works thought they still had many of the new games in stock. I know he was fired.... but I don't know what happened to him after that.

----

All this talk about people stealing and trading has brought these memories back.

The SM who told me that specifically mentioned controllers.

Killing Amazon GCs will suck, but have they also stopped with PSN/eshop yet? Of those are still allowed then there's at least one small reason to keep trading in.

Killing Amazon GCs will suck, but have they also stopped with PSN/eshop yet? Of those are still allowed then there's at least one small reason to keep trading in.
Wait, they're no longer allowing you to buy Amazon GCs w/ credit? Or did they pull them from the shelves? Do they still allow/offer other GCs (Taco Bell, etc)? Is this a national policy? If so, damn, I just started back with trading-in to GS after years of going to BB.

panicking-cat.gif

EVERYBODY PANIC!!!!!

attachicon.gif
0123161519.jpg
Got this Middle East Zelda Skyward Sword copy for dirt cheap the other week.. But dont know if this version is or will be "rare" someday.. Or I could trade it in for $36.50 credit on monday..what should I do..?
Trade it in without the case to avoid any possible flack from Gamestop. But, from what I've seen, there was no difference in the game compared to the US version. I tested a few out and saw nothing different. They even have the same sku.

I don't think there will be a collector's market specifically for these. Never know though.

The owner sounds like a little bitch.
The store was located in the bad part of a Michigan neighborhood. Went out of business a month or so after I left, I was 16 at the time and the only reason I say manager is because I was the only worker at the time and did literally everything.

Batman Arkham Knight is a better one if you want slightly better profit margin it is a decent credit mover though.

I was told that it was because people were stealing things from one Gamestop then going to another and trading it in.

Then buying GCs and selling them.
That's the same reason TRU doesn't allow gift cards to be purchased with other gift cards, not even PSN/XBL credit. All of the shady people take their Toys R Us gift cards from their fraudulent returns over to GameStop, where their "Sell your gift cards for cash" sign welcomes them with open arms.

I think the reason they gave you is a little nonsensical, since you could easily trade your stolen goods for cash instead of wasting time getting a gift card and trying to sell it.

That's the same reason TRU doesn't allow gift cards to be purchased with other gift cards, not even PSN/XBL credit. All of the shady people take their Toys R Us gift cards from their fraudulent returns over to GameStop, where their "Sell your gift cards for cash" sign welcomes them with open arms.

I think the reason they gave you is a little nonsensical, since you could easily trade your stolen goods for cash instead of wasting time getting a gift card and trying to sell it.
I'm honestly more interested in PSN cards.

Fraudulent returns at TRU? They stopped taking returns without receipt years ago, and unless you can find a clump of employees that don't care about store policy.

Anyone know any bb to gs 1:1's? I don't care the amount as I have a lot of preorders to pay off and at least saving tax with the trade in credit will be worth it.

So trade credit is the only thing we can't use to buy gift cards when it rolls out? Regular GameStop gift cards are cool?

I haven't been denied at one gs store I rarely go to. Bought an ebay and shell card twice on different days with different employees. They don't even pick up the phone so either they don't give a f or let it slide since they've never seen me before. All other gs near me don't have any ebay gc

Yes, but there's no bonuses for cash other than the PUR 10% that is applied after 20% is taken off.

The problem with using GS store credit to buy eBay and then Best Buy gift cards is that you lose the tax advantage of GS store credit.

(for certain states)

Certain states/counties don't charge tax when using trade credit -- which is great
I THINK I vaguely remember something like that in Michigan. but it's been 3yrs since I lived there and even longer since I traded in.

I also remember when Amazon didn't charge tax.

The problem with using GS store credit to buy eBay and then Best Buy gift cards is that you lose the tax advantage of GS store credit.

(for certain states)
You don't get taxed when buying a GC, you get taxed on the purchase with the GC if it's taxable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back