GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this PUR thing effecting the website too? Maybe thats why I am having issues. Was trying to login to PUR and it kept kicking me into a non PRO account for some reason.

Is this PUR thing effecting the website too? Maybe thats why I am having issues. Was trying to login to PUR and it kept kicking me into a non PRO account for some reason.
Ya, me to I was wondering if I was banned or what. Mine is asking me to activate my PUR card when I already have one. I don't flip as well so there really isn't any good reason for a ban besides those three past problems I had but it wasn't my fault for those.

Yep I did. Not sure as to why it didn't apply the promo. I guess I'll have to go up there today and figure something out. Not sure what they can do though. Probably nothing since it is GS.

Looks like others had similar problems according to the posts above me.

pur_feb16.jpg

Do you have the paid version? If you don't have PUR Pro, then you're not supposed to get the extra 10%. It's only worth it if you plan to trade and/or buy $150 worth of stuff within a year. Getting the B2G1 is also a good thing.
Just signed up today to get a little extra. But I'm unfamiliar, why is it only worth it if you spend over 150?

Just signed up today to get a little extra. But I'm unfamiliar, why is it only worth it if you spend over 150?
Since the power up pro subscription is $15 and say you trade in $150 worth of stuff well with the 10% you'd get an extra $15 so essentially it'll pay it self off.Same goes for if you buy $150 worth of preowned stuff.

Looks like others had similar problems according to the posts above me.
Yeah I went in today and the manager said there was nothing that they could do in store. I could call tomorrow and they can apply the bonus points apparently but as far as making up that $7 bonus credit doesn't look like it'll happen. Pretty crappy that some of us missed out on credit cause their system was a POS.

According to a poster on the GameStop Reddit, and I can't confirm this in any way, the "update" is you'll now get 1,000 bonus PUR points for placing and picking up a preorder.

Yay?

According to a poster on the GameStop Reddit, and I can't confirm this in any way, the "update" is you'll now get 1,000 bonus PUR points for placing and picking up a preorder.

Yay?
wow, for paying full price for 4 preorders i can get $3 in xbox live or psn credit? way to fail gamestop, way to fail

also i hope this isnt true, or its at least 10,000

The post also mentions it would only be for select games.

Again, I don't know where this information originated, so I'm only relaying hearsay at this point. But yeah, highly underwhelming.

Hm...so on a 60 dollar game my options are:

Best Buy: 20% off ($12) and often a $10 bonus certificate
Amazon: 20% off ($12)
Gamestop: $1 worth of points

Tough one.
They really do need to work on the point economy for PUR. I know some here are sitting on millions of points or whatever, but an average CAG will never get enough points for anything of worth, while at Best Buy I feel like I always have at least $5 or $10 in rewards certificates.

Hm...so on a 60 dollar game my options are:

Best Buy: 20% off ($12) and often a $10 bonus certificate

Amazon: 20% off ($12)

Gamestop: $1 worth of points

Tough one.
Wow.

What a hollow, myopic, pathetic gesture.

Surely they don't think this will have any impact on the shopping tendencies of the hardcore market? Granted, we're not the majority, but we're a large part of their business in that we spend and trade more than the average soccer mom.

I don't want to brag, but I'm a Top Pro and I'm not very enthused by this offering. I'm going to stick with Best Buy and Amazon for most future releases.

yo61BbZ.jpg

Don't touch me, I'm a TOP PRO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back