GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait, so basically after GS pulled that stunt to do "BIG CHANGES" to PUR they're really just saying

420edd7995743028015001913aee94672ce4c4ccca071565901bb8043c833c52.jpg

I really like Gamestop for trading in games, but the employee's are always surprised when I cash in credit for Ebay / Amazon cards instead of buying products. I'm sorry Gamestop, but I won't pay full price if I can save 20% or more elsewhere.

I really like Gamestop for trading in games, but the employee's are always surprised when I cash in credit for Ebay / Amazon cards instead of buying products. I'm sorry Gamestop, but I won't pay full price if I can save 20% or more elsewhere.
That 20% covers that Premium GS new game experience though where each disc is carefully have preserved by their rigorously trained employees to ensure your satisfaction.

That 20% covers that Premium GS new game experience though where each disc is carefully have preserved by their rigorously trained employees to ensure your satisfaction.
Don't get me started on that too! lol :) I love the look on their faces! "But the game is guaranteed to work. It was just removed from the case." Okay, but since it's no longer sealed, I won't pay the NEW price. The first time it happened to me was with Dragon Crown. They only had the pre-opened copy, and I refused to purchase it. You would think I insulted their manhood with the look they gave me.

Don't get me started on that too! lol :) I love the look on their faces! "But the game is guaranteed to work. It was just removed from the case." Okay, but since it's no longer sealed, I won't pay the NEW price. The first time it happened to me was with Dragon Crown. They only had the pre-opened copy, and I refused to purchase it. You would think I insulted their manhood with the look they gave me.
That microchip they get implanted and the Clockwork Orange reeducation convinces them that this is the only sensible way to sell a new game.

If someone complains about open new games I give them 10% off.

Then LP comes a knocking and he's like "I don't know where Hubert got that idea, he must think he can do whatever he wants just because he's the CEO of Best Buy."
Lol, I gave a dude 15% off once because our last copy was a smashed up case. He's like this is new? And I'm just like yes but I'll give you 15% off, lol.

I seen a chatpad for xbox one last night that had some written sticker that said "we'll give you 10% off since it was store used" . First time seeing that.

I'll never buy new at GS, but there are reasons for me to keep credit lying around:
1) price of currency cards are the same everywhere (microsoft, psn etc) so I could buy those there even though I never buy currency cards
2) they have a much better vita selection than best buys 5 game selection
3) their occasional kongregate coupons and b2g1 deals make some of the preowned games steals

Never buy new there though unless it's a day 1 console because prices are the same everywhere

For those of you that are in the GS --> Ebay --> ?? GC game

Check your ebay accounts, I just noticed a 3x ebay bucks bonus (valid until the end of the day tomorrow), so instead of $2 ebay bucks on a $100 gc, it's $6.

One time I bought an older game that was supposed to be new but my store couldn't find the case. I asked about the shop worn discount and got denied -_-

Check your ebay accounts, I just noticed a 3x ebay bucks bonus (valid until the end of the day tomorrow), so instead of $2 ebay bucks on a $100 gc, it's $6.
Yeah between this promo and the last one that had a couple weeks ago, i am already up to $50 in ebay bucks for nothing out of pocket.

Do you need to activate something through email or is it automatic?
Not automatic. Check your email/ebay messages/main page on ebay after you log in. You have to click the 'accept' button in order to activate it. According to the posts on SD these offers aren't available for everyone, but I get it every single time.

I am going to wait for a 4x or hopefully a 5x promo before I do anything, I noticed I'm at about halfway to the $5000 180 day limit after calculating all the rolling and buying I did during the holiday season.

I was wondering why I never get these ebay bucks promos anymore. It was because I unsubscribed from ebay's general email promotions...

Anybody abke to return opened new games by arguing that's how GS sold it to you?
Prolly depends on the employee. Store mgr sold me a new open game last week. He took off all labels, and just sold it like that. I know I wouldn't have issue returning it to him, but anywhere else I wouldn't be so confident.

Anybody abke to return opened new games by arguing that's how GS sold it to you?
I did that recently. The manager did it although they "normally don't take new games back opened." I told her it was how I bought it. Typically employees are supposed to "seal" it with a circular sticker if it is gutted. YMMV like said above.

My ebay-->Account-->Communication Preferences--->Promotions and Surveys(scroll all the way down)
Wow thanks! I can't believe I wasn't in on it. And I just realized how many ebay bucks you actually get from the GC flips. It's kinda crazy honestly had $23 and I did not know at all lol

Re-opting for the promotional emails tomorrow. Always wondered how I never, ever saw the words "eBay bucks" in anything. Thanks!

Now the real question is was it actually opened or did you just buy a game and decide you didn't like it and wanted your money back?
and that's just one of the problems you run into with gutted games. It sucks on both sides..the employee is skeptical(I would be too), but what about the honest customer that just found it cheaper at best buy? Now the employee feels like he is going above and beyond to make a customer happy, when it wouldn't even have come to that with a sealed copy. Love em or hate em, the perks of being a gs customer and employee.

and that's just one of the problems you run into with gutted games. It sucks on both sides..the employee is skeptical(I would be too), but what about the honest customer that just found it cheaper at best buy? Now the employee feels like he is going above and beyond to make a customer happy, when it wouldn't even have come to that with a sealed copy. Love em or hate em, the perks of being a gs customer and employee.
If you were buying something I'm more lenient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back