GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's be honest about gs cs for a second. Even if this dude gives every piece of info they ask for, they're still gonna fvck it up. They are the worst. See my post from earlier tonight... They are replying to emails from 2 months ago out of the clear blue and making problems worse. Anybody that defends that shit has no respect for themselves... cuz they dun sold out.

I'm having the same issue as I bought PUR pro on sunday. Tried calling and gave up after an over an hour of waiting to connect to someone. The email form also was broken when I'd try to send it that way. Ended up just sending an email through Gmail with an explanation and the form info. Hopefully that's enough. But it just reminds me of why I have avoided gamestop for so long.
I always get disconnected whenever I try to call them...

There's a reason why they are asking for your address again. Good chance it's for verification purpose and not to rat you out for whatever you're doing. Your name, pur number, and phone number are on the receipt but not your address. Anybody can just pick up the receipt and claim to be you if you toss it in the trash or lose it.

There's a reason why they are asking for your address again. Good chance it's for verification purpose and not to rat you out for whatever you're doing. Your name, pur number, and phone number are on the receipt but not your address. Anybody can just pick up the receipt and claim to be you if you toss it in the trash or lose it.
Yes, but I'm not asking for any changes since I don't technically have a PUR Pro account. If I was changing an address or trying to do something and take all of the points on the account (0), I could see that. Just want them to activate the card like it should already be. They should be able to look and see that there is where the problem is. Not sure where the "rat you out" comes from?

Well you guys knew PUR was down on sunday. Why you choose to do it on that day of all days is beyond me.
Yeah I actually don't hawk gamestop's system status unfortunately. I went in there in Sunday to get the 50% bonus and figured I'd just get the bonus 10 as well. I'll make sure to pm you before I head there again to get a status update since you seem to be in tune.

Yeah I actually don't hawk gamestop's system status unfortunately. I went in there in Sunday to get the 50% bonus and figured I'd just get the bonus 10 as well. I'll make sure to pm you before I head there again to get a status update since you seem to be in tune.
or just look at r/gamestop

Don't forget to use ebates or another cashback site to get an extra $1 or so back.
iconsumer has 4% for ebay on any non-ebay gift card purchase, found them the other day lol.

I didn't get the 6x eBay Bucks promotion message. (edit : ahh...6%!...sorry.)

Clearly, they hate me.

Is there a limit to effectively just "moving" GS--->eBay--->GS--->eBay ad infinitum?

If not, then surely you can earn an unlimited amount of eBay Bucks.
something like $500 limit on unverified and $5000 on verified accts per month

Hasn't happened to me with GS, but Best Buy banned my account online. I can only make purchases in store. No one seems to know why or how to fix it.
Hmmm ... How do you know you were banned? I had an issue for like half a year a while back. Tried to log in, but website wouldn't recognize my login information saying either my email or password was wrong. Tried to change my password online with the forget password function and the website said they couldn't find an acct with my email address. I called in like 2x various times & whenever I called, they said they were having technical issues with some accounts not being recognized coz servers where certain accounts resided on were down or whatever & the times I'm trying to log on must be the times the server my acct is on is down.

After the 2nd time or whatever, I'm thinking my account was probably hacked due to a similar incident I had in the past where my hacker changed my account's login email to theirs at another online store... So I know the email address of the random person who hacked an account of mine a few years ago that MIcrosoft won't release information about. I typed in their email address & pretended I forgot the password & it went thru just fine coz it found a BBY account with hacker's email address ROFL. I called BBY again & just told them that after all this time, BBY's website still says it can't find an acct associated with my email address, but somehow the rep found my acct easily & sent me a password change email & simply said that sometimes there's a glitch in the system where it can't locate email addresses or something weird like that.... ya right, yet somehow it found an account that's associated with my hacker's email address, weird.

Meh.. a Black Ops 500 gb PS4 Bundle with a 3 month PS+ subscription for just $360

[attachment=20139:Screen Shot 2016-02-03 at 12.24.32 PM.png]

Identity thieves hate him! One simple trick you won't believe.

c3d3bb24b29f164cac19de220bdd7e8abbe6e489-r.jpg

Thank you! I wanted to mention this myself.

Yes, but I'm not asking for any changes since I don't technically have a PUR Pro account. If I was changing an address or trying to do something and take all of the points on the account (0), I could see that. Just want them to activate the card like it should already be. They should be able to look and see that there is where the problem is. Not sure where the "rat you out" comes from?
They want your address so they can send your Game Informer magazine to the right address.

You're only allowed to trade in the same game 3 times in a 6month period (supposedly, this includes all stores/transactions)
However, most Gamestops will NOT allow you to trade in the same game more than once on a single transaction/visit.. least around here in New England.

My roommate and I found this out the hard way when we tried to take in our own individual copies of games we owned in.... (he uses my account), we found by doing it as separate transactions, but different people helps.

You're only allowed to trade in the same game 3 times in a 6month period (supposedly, this includes all stores/transactions)
However, most Gamestops will NOT allow you to trade in the same game more than once on a single transaction/visit.. least around here in New England.

My roommate and I found this out the hard way when we tried to take in our own individual copies of games we owned in.... (he uses my account), we found by doing it as separate transactions, but different people helps.
HUH?

Its already been confirmed you can trade the same item 4 time in a rolling 30days perid

Thank you! I wanted to mention this myself.
Yes of course... with the exact same e-mail you signed up with the account for, right? Lol. They don't have an address for me so it doesn't even make a difference. There is a problem with the PUR # itself. It has nothing to do with verification.

So yeah anyway I'll have to make my way back into the store because they said they can't activate my card over the phone. Not sure if that's true or not but no biggie. I'm looking forward to using those coupons. What's the best deal that Gamestop usually has? Is it the extra %50 trade credit or some annual B2G1 for new games?

HUH?

Its already been confirmed you can trade the same item 4 time in a rolling 30days perid
Odd, I was told it was 3.. and the 4th or more is what causes the ban, and that you can only trade in so many of the same game within a 6 month period.

Though this was 3yrs ago when I traded in a ton of Black Ops 2 for the WIi U which I got on clearance (bought... way too many) and flipped for a good profit.

Got banned from GS for it.

4 in a 30 day period. Jebus

Edit: To clarify, 4 is okay, 5th is instadeath.

So what gift cards can we use with TIC since Amazon looks like it's no longer an option. Might just buy eBay gift cards and buy Amazon GC's on eBay though.

I hope the gift card trade in ban doesn't hit Illinois & Indiana because I may need stub hub gift cards if Daft punk and Radiohead headlines lollapalooza. 

Soooo, i ordered something a couple of weeks ago, and part of my order got here, but the other part never did, does anyone know the email for CS, wanna contact them, don't understand that both things were the same direction and it didn't get here.

Soooo, i ordered something a couple of weeks ago, and part of my order got here, but the other part never did, does anyone know the email for CS, wanna contact them, don't understand that both things were the same direction and it didn't get here.
That happens a lot with gamestop. I have parts of two different orders that have been "preparing for shipment" since Halloween.

[email protected]

Sooooo... apparently there is no way to fix my issue with PUR Pro lol.  That account number is completely useless and corporate can't do anything or give the store permission to zero out a membership and just give it to me.  The store manager argued on the phone while I was there for almost 30 minutes trying to get them to do something.  Also, they can't refund my money so I can just rebuy a new card because of "the system".  Their solution was the next time I come in to buy a game, they'll give me a ~$16 discount (cost of Pur Pro) and charge me again for the cost of the membership. Sloppy but I'll take it.

On another note, I was able to purchase Amazon giftcards at the counter with trade credit, and all of the employees I've dealt with so far at that location are really cool

In Atlanta

I hope the gift card trade in ban doesn't hit Illinois & Indiana because I may need stub hub gift cards if Daft punk and Radiohead headlines lollapalooza.
It's on a district by district basis right now. I have 4 districts within 30 minutes of me, and only two have been told about it.

Btw, when are winners drawn for the monthly surveys?
On the GS site...You can "find it" under Sweepstakes (clickable)->Then view a clickable winners list, the only problem...is there's a winners list of Feburary of 2015...>.> (Surprise, no winners list of past months? <.<, unless that list is highly updated and someone forgot to update it.)

On the GS site...You can "find it" under Sweepstakes (clickable)->Then view a clickable winners list, the only problem...is there's a winners list of Feburary of 2015...>.> (Surprise, no winners list of past months? <.<, unless that list is highly updated and someone forgot to update it.)
they don't notify you if you win?

Well, from the fine print of the sweeps winner page...

"This list represents winners from the previous six months only. If, after reasonable attempts to determine or contact the winner, the potential winner does not respond within seven (7) calendar days of such notification, the entire prize will be forfeited and Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries."

You really don't know what you got til it's gone!!! I just thought about how the only way GS can really compete is if they brought back the universal bday coupon (which would never happen) since it was such a good discount on new release games if you found them used. But man I miss that coupon :(

I've got a B2G1 coupon but there's nothing I really want.

I haven't done my homework lately. Any decent flippers to Amazon or Best Buy?

Edit:  Yeah, I know...I'm a lazy piece of excrement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back