GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Alderaan's destruction comes to mind.
60650284.jpg

some places will give you a tough time if you trade it in with the case, especially best buy since most clerks in customer service aren't familiar with games. The not for sale is on the case, not the disc, so you can always just trade in the disc but gamestop should have no problems taking the case + disc, just places like best buy or target or amazon may require a manager to ok it.

No that's only there so you don't try to return the game to Walmart, Target, etc. w/o a receipt to get full retail value of the game.

Doesn't affect trading it in.

Thanks guys! Cheers!

That's ridiculous.  Is that "not for resale" verbiage on the disc itself or merely on the jewel case? 

Pending that, a disc-only trade in would be preferable.

I hate watching someone trade in a system at GameStop for a song. Today I saw a PS4 for $148 cash. I'd have leapt out to buy it from the dude, but I didn't have the cash on me. Last time that happened I wound up with my xb1...

Is that really the trade in value? Seems really low.

i'm guessing since you must have a coupon for this that it's only 1 per account? Meaning you can only do the deal once?
more than likely yes, though if someone really wanted another, i know i renewed during the period that had the extra $20 for trading in 4 games and i got another coupon on my receipt.

Bestbuy had better $20 and under pre owned games selection imo
selection yes, inventory, no

also, they added the coupon for the headset to my account but nothing for the buy 2 get 1 free or the extra $10 when trading in a ps4 dualshock. dont know what that means, or if it is just too early to mean anything at all.

selection yes, inventory, no

also, they added the coupon for the headset to my account but nothing for the buy 2 get 1 free or the extra $10 when trading in a ps4 dualshock. dont know what that means, or if it is just too early to mean anything at all.
I got them all at once. The headset, kinect, controller and buy 2 get 1 coupons.

It's interesting that on the promotional page online it says the B2G1 is for PS4/Xbox One games under $20 but the actual coupon doesn't specify that in any way. I wonder if I could use this coupon and toss a Vita or 3DS game in there.

The employee just told me it wouldn't work and it had to be PS4 or Xbox One games and wouldn't try. This makes me think that it will work but it isn't supposed to?

I don't see a B2G1 coupon, just:

$20 off preowned/refurbished Xbox One Kinect

$15 off the Hyper X Cloud Core headset

Things that make you go hmm... and I know others have mentioned the same.

edit - as soon as I posted this and pressed view all, the coupon shows up. Weird, it wasn't showing if I didn't press view all. Just the limit of 3 coupons showing up as default is what throws it off, be sure to press view all if you want to see the rest of your coupons.

The employee just told me it wouldn't work and it had to be PS4 or Xbox One games and wouldn't try. This makes me think that it will work but it isn't supposed to?
That employee did not read the memo that was sent specifically for this promotion. All games under 20 are included, preowned of course.

edit - as soon as I posted this and pressed view all, the coupon shows up. Weird, it wasn't showing if I didn't press view all. Just the limit of 3 coupons showing up as default is what throws it off, be sure to press view all if you want to see the rest of your coupons.
It's because you weren't viewing all your active offers, until you hit the View All button. ;)

so i was at gamestop today and traded in a few games ..i picked up an eBay gift card and they let me use my credit on it but after quickly checking some list they had next to the register...he said the 4 cards that aren't allowed are gas cards, amazon, master cards and visa ..so eBay should be fine ..for now ..

so i was at gamestop today and traded in a few games ..i picked up an eBay gift card and they let me use my credit on it but after quickly checking some list they had next to the register...he said the 4 cards that aren't allowed are gas cards, amazon, master cards and visa ..so eBay should be fine ..for now ..
and its such bullshit because the registers allow it just fine, if they are too lazy to put something in preventing it i will continue to purchase amazon credit and just not tell them how im paying.

thanks for this, also the hyper x cloud core headset is currently on sale for $54.99 on gamestop, so if it stacks with the $15 off coupon u might get it for $40

thanks for this, also the hyper x cloud core headset is currently on sale for $54.99 on gamestop, so if it stacks with the $15 off coupon u might get it for $40
Think I'm going to try this today. That's a really decent price for these, and I've got tons of credit to blow. Reviews seem very good.

Ebay has the 5x ebay bucks offer today so make sure you activate that before you use the card. Hopefully you didnt use it already

Just converted an ebay gc to a GS GC, free $10.  Not bad for 30 seconds worth of work.

Friendly reminder: don't forget about cash back sites

It sucks I got the 5x ebay bucks, but my account still comes up with the 70245 error code and it's been showing for about 2 weeks. Numerous calls to ebay have resulted in nothing at all. I need them to fix this so I can exploit them!

Yes I finally got the eBay bucks promo message again! It's been too long.
Turning on the promo emails from eBay worked.

For those that have bought the GameStop gift cards on eBay, is there a limit to how many you can buy in two days like with the Best Buy cards? I'd like to roll my GS credit to eBay to a GS gift card tonight, then do the same thing again tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back