GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, can someone help me on this question?

I bought three games yesterday (with the B2G1 under $20 free coupon):

Assassin's Creed III: Liberation (PS Vita)
Paper Mario: Sticker Star (3DS)

Alien: Isolation (PS4)

The Paper Mario game didn't work, but that store doesn't have another Paper Mario game. If I go to the same GameStop store and tell them about this, what would happen? Would they just tell me to go to another GameStop and get it replaced?

Thanks.

It is possible that these values may hold till Monday. It's not always the case but it could.

The pre-order trade bonus was perfect with this weekend promo. Defiantly made a extra $40 from that.

Hey, can someone help me on this question?

I bought three games yesterday (with the B2G1 under $20 free coupon):
Assassin's Creed III: Liberation (PS Vita)
Paper Mario: Sticker Star (3DS)
Alien: Isolation (PS4)

The Paper Mario game didn't work, but that store doesn't have another Paper Mario game. If I go to the same GameStop store and tell them about this, what would happen? Would they just tell me to go to another GameStop and get it replaced?

Thanks.
They might order it for you or you could just take the easy route and go to another one and ask them to swap it

Deposited 5 towards the division and the employee was telling me he doesn't think the bonus works unless you pay it in full and pick it up lol. I told him to just try it and it worked.

Traded in shadow of mordor which I got for 15 at bestbuy, xenoverse, arkham knight 15 from bestbuy, mgs v ps3 because lady at bestbuy couldn't find the crew for xbox one, dark souls 2, j stars, ac syndicate, and rainbow six for about $193.

Dude kept asking me if I wanted to pay the pre order in full or buy something else and told me there'd be no tax if I paid with trade credit. They let me buy shell gift cards and ebay gift cards no problem

Deposited 5 towards the division and the employee was telling me he doesn't think the bonus works unless you pay it in full and pick it up lol. I told him to just try it and it worked.
In the future don't tell them what you're doing, just do it. It makes more problems when you try to explain it to them.

Got $15 for trading in Metro Redux (after bonus). Wondering if I should stick with my pre-order of Zelda Twilight Princess for Wii U though (damn you gamestop!)...

pur_mar16.jpg

At some point in the next day that will become the March PUR coupons.

Sorry for asking but does gamestop allow us to trade in redbox games ?
I've had issues with it in the past. One Gamestop flat out refused to let me trade them in. Other Gamestops wanted to see a receipt (I showed them a digital receipt from my phone). But most Gamestops took them no problem.

Question regarding store credit and preorders:

I have some in store preorders that I put $5 down via credit card. I now have store credit and would basically like to convert the $5 down through credit card to store credit since I don't get charged tax with store credit. Can they do that easily in store or does it involve a cancel/reorder?

Where does it say you can get cash for the same value as credit..on the site still showing different values for credit and cash lol

Hmm I wonder if there's a limit cuz if you return items that you paid cash for over 250 at most stores they mail you a check..so trading in games worth more than 250 might be an issue also the terms says cash not available at all stores ahahah

I'm going to clear out a few titles in the backlog along with some duplicates that I picked up cheaply here and there.  I guess I'll just "take the money and run".  It's nice that it sidesteps that whole "What do I do with my Gamestop credit?" conundrum.

My hometown store is usually a little light on cash so I doubt they'll even be able to comply.  

If it's more than $250 then it's going to be a check from corporate? That's different.

What does Redbox do to its games to make them rejected for some trade? Family Video puts a sticker in the center of the disc, but I just peeled that off before trading the games in.

"Get more cash for your trades, then ever before. See store associates for details. Offer valid 2/29 - 3/20 and not valid with promotional credit values."

So, I guess that the $200 TIV for XB3 and PS4 won't work for this promo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back