GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the glitch? I was thinking of getting a coupon to transfer my credit to Best Buy before Black Friday.
You get an instant b2g1 free coupon to use on the receipt but then you get another one couple of days later different from the one one printed on the receipt in your active offers under your PUR account to use as well. Hence, you get two coupons.

Is the 50/25/10 coupon glitch confirmed dead ? I remember donut commenting a while back but can't remember if we got confirmation.

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I'm trying to send off my fat 40GB PS3 (thanks Half Price Books for $105 slim PS3!) and I had a 160GB HDD from a laptop put inside of my Fat model. I managed to reset my 160GB HDD but I can't seem to get the freaking 40GB HDD to reinstall the firmware! 

If I were to trade my PS3 40GB with the 160GB HDD, I'm almost going to guess I'll get the 40GB TIV anyway due to the model number?

Me can confirm that COD: Advanced Warfare for the PlayStation 3   :ps3: gets $38.50 TIV. They pass test.

Hey JP, will you miss updating list?

Me can confirm that COD: Advanced Warfare for the PlayStation 3 :ps3: gets $38.50 TIV. They pass test.

Hey JP, will you miss updating list?
I think JP is happy he don't have to deal with the shit that goes on this thread from time to time. He won't miss it lol

Hmm wonder if the last 2 DS versions are worth a couple bucks. Got a couple from the lovely toysrus sale over the past summer ;)
No idea. They aren't showing up on the website, but I saw a used copy of Swap Force XBO ($9.99) at a store today and asked about it and was told they started taking the games and portals last week.

is any1 else here still being hounded by gs employees about being pre-approved for gs credit card, and signing up for it?

is any1 else here still being hounded by gs employees about being pre-approved for gs credit card, and signing up for it?
It's not going to end anytime soon. They even have t-shirts promoting it. There's signage all over the place with "buy this PS4/XB1 for $83 a month". Stores around here have turned the registers around so that the customers can type in their own info when applying.

It's not going to end anytime soon. They even have t-shirts promoting it. There's signage all over the place with "buy this PS4/XB1 for $83 a month". Stores around here have turned the registers around so that the customers can type in their own info when applying.
yeah, i saw the registers being turned around too. but i just want to get out of the stores as soon as possible after the hounding. i saw some guy picking up his DA:I preorder, got tricked into signing up for credit card. LOL

The guys at the mall store were listening to a conference call while I was in there, and they were having a tough time aligning the stated goals of "satisfying the customer" and "getting the customer to spend as much money as possible". Because most people who walk into a store are looking for ways to spend more money, they just don't know how. I feel for the employees.

The guys at the mall store were listening to a conference call while I was in there, and they were having a tough time aligning the stated goals of "satisfying the customer" and "getting the customer to spend as much money as possible". Because most people who walk into a store are looking for ways to spend more money, they just don't know how. I feel for the employees.
I thought someone mentioned that there was going to be a prompt stating "customer has declined CC" or something. That would be nice. There is a "customer has never..." section on the POS screen. I found that kind of scary for some reason.

I thought someone mentioned that there was going to be a prompt stating "customer has declined CC" or something. That would be nice. There is a "customer has never..." section on the POS screen. I found that kind of scary for some reason.
When the cc first came out I was asked with a prompt on the card scanner with the choice to say never ask again or something and i haven't been asked since.

Although i do frequent gamestop a lot less since they ended the promotions and I got gcu. So......

A little off topic, but I was at a GS today and the manager told me that you can use your $ off PUR coupons towards season passes and such. Well I know they took away the ability to use PUR coupons towards POSA cards but can anyone confirm whether or not you can use the $ off coupons on xbox live or PSN currency when its sold through the computer?

Is the 50/25/10 coupon glitch confirmed dead ? I remember donut commenting a while back but can't remember if we got confirmation.
Only certain registers were testing out the new POS as a sort of pilot/trial experiment. Not sure if that pilot study is still going on but for the stores that were using them, I observed that only 1 register would be loaded with the new POS. The rest are using the old POS. One manager at a store even showed me.

If you want to take advantage of the glitch, now is the time to do it. When the new POS goes live, the glitch will be patched. Sadly, I found out the hard way and lost 55,000 points on picking up a CoD preorder :whistle2:(

I can confirm it still works on the old pos .It's actually the first time I've done it myself , all 3 of my local gamestops have always only allowed one $ off coupon at a time. Most of the guys are cool and know me especially my main store so I've never pressed the issue . I was cashing out a 50$ off coupon and I noticed the fine print right before you submit which actually says you can use 2 coupons as long they're different $ amounts . I showed them the fine print and used a 50$ and a 25$ off and the 25$ off is still in my account . Again I didn't want press my luck or I would of used 2 more but pretty happy with extra 25$ .

A little off topic, but I was at a GS today and the manager told me that you can use your $ off PUR coupons towards season passes and such. Well I know they took away the ability to use PUR coupons towards POSA cards but can anyone confirm whether or not you can use the $ off coupons on xbox live or PSN currency when its sold through the computer?
I can't answer this definitely since I have not done it but granted the kongregate coupons worked on those, I don't see why these won't work on the ones printed off the POS. On the other hand didn't someone say if they added a qualifying item to the transaction (like a 99 cent game) it did apply to the POSA cards?

What's it mean when it shows this:

attachicon.gif
Untitled.png

A pending hold?
It means they are below a certain number of copies, I think it's 3.

Well I actually managed to get my old 40GB drive back in my fat PS3. Had to do a full (not quick) format in NTFS on my PC before the PS3 wanted to format the HDD the way the PS3 should instead of directly trying to update the firmware.

I could use an expert opinion if I should keep my fat PS3 or just trade it off while I can get $60 for it. Can anyone help?

Well I actually managed to get my old 40GB drive back in my fat PS3. Had to do a full (not quick) format in NTFS on my PC before the PS3 wanted to format the HDD the way the PS3 should instead of directly trying to update the firmware.

I could use an expert opinion if I should keep my fat PS3 or just trade it off while I can get $60 for it. Can anyone help?
Dude, not as a CAG but as a gamer, I would keep it for nostalgia. That being said, with electronics best bet is to sell sooner than later.

EDIT: So I guess i just said i was no help at all

EDIT PT2: I have a dreamcast and a saturn

On a side note, when I went to pick up Far Cry 4 last night they had their holiday console drops and dear god there was at least 100+ Xbox Ones out. Like 50 of the unity bundles and 50 of the cod bundles.

PS4 was a lot less but was only the Destiny Bundle atm.

Not an expert. But I'd say that unless it's a backward compatible model, get rid of it asap as it's a ticking time bomb.

EDIT: I like turtles.

I can't answer this definitely since I have not done it but granted the kongregate coupons worked on those, I don't see why these won't work on the ones printed off the POS. On the other hand didn't someone say if they added a qualifying item to the transaction (like a 99 cent game) it did apply to the POSA cards?
Thanks. Can anyone confirm if this works or not?

Do Power Up Reward points expire? TIA
Yes, 1 year of inactivity to your PUR account, but you'd be either playing something from Kong's Badge of the Day, or buy/trade something to even keep it going if you hardly use the points on your PUR account, lol. X3
What NeoStryCat said but to add to it, there is an easier way to keep the points from expiring. Check in from the GS app and it gives you 5 points per day or do one of the xp rewards surveys from the PUR site and get 10+ points thereby gaining points and keeping them from expiring without the need for buying or trading anything.

So i went to Gamestop today to use the 25% off handheld system coupon.  I sat there and looked through every Vita they had to find the best one ( the dude was cool about it).  Got one that looked mint.  The cool thing was was I got home, i found there was a 16gb memory card in it.

So I paid $137 for it and will trade in the 16gb card since I already have a few of them, which will get me $12 trade in credit.

So for $125, I go myself a vita.  NOTE: I traded in my vita 2 months ago when they had the $50 more coupon for it.  In net I made out with about $35 free credit which I've used to get about $200 in credit through flips.  Pretty good deal considering I traded in a pretty old Vita.

I forget, how do we tell if a register is upgraded to the new POS system? I've never tried the coupon glitch but I might give it a shot before it's too late..
Easiest way I know is to look at the touchpad/cc reader by the terminal. After they scan your PUR the new systems look different (more red & white graphics) and it says "hello ___" or "welcome ____" with your name on the top left of the screen

Thinking of trading in a Wii, in order to upgrade to the Wii U. Though I can only get $30, is there any sort of deal right now to help get the most for my money?

Disclaimer: not a PUR member.

Back on 11/12, I got a coupon for B1G1 free Xbox 360 or PS3 games and used it today without any problems but the employee was just amazed with coupon saying he had never seen a b1g1 coupon before. Anyway turned $18 into $44 with two earth defense 2025s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back