GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
What's it mean when it shows this:

attachicon.gif
Untitled.png

A pending hold?
I would assume that's what it is. Before they used to just drop off the list entirely when you put in a hold. Probably so people go to the store still.

I had the case for a used copy of Cubic Ninja in my hands the other day, but it had mysterious stains on it so I passed. Wasn't going to put that cartridge in my 3DS. Probably should have nabbed it for flipping, but it was just too gross looking. Others have cleaned up shop in my state, though.

A couple quick questions about trades:

1. if i trade in two copies of :ps4: GTA V (only one per visit, two different days) will i get the $40 promo both times or does that only work once per customer/account?

2.  I know the monthly limit on games is 5.  is this the same for consoles?  Thanks!

A couple quick questions about trades:

1. if i trade in two copies of :ps4: GTA V (only one per visit, two different days) will i get the $40 promo both times or does that only work once per customer/account?

2. I know the monthly limit on games is 5. is this the same for consoles? Thanks!
1. You'll get the promo both times.

2. Not sure about consoles, but the limit on games is actually 4 copies IIRC. If you trade in a fifth copy of the same game, you'll trigger the flag on your account.

It's in demand because pirates... Gamestop spiked price tenfold. Many luls were had
And the thing is, I don't think most people realize this exploit is being released because it specifically cannot be used to pirate 3DS games. All it can do is pretty much run homebrew programs and emulators.

I don't blame GS.

If you were selling an old 3DS game at $5 a pop and all of a sudden your inventory was getting wiped out across your stores, wouldn't you mark up the price?  Why make $5 when you can make $40?  This is a used item so there's no "MSRP" to benchmark against.

While I agree that piracy always finds a way, I don't think it's happening anytime soon. Here's the best way I've heard it explained. 

"The way this exploit was explained to me was that the developers of Cubic Ninja were trying to essentially prevent a backdoor to exploit their code, but in the process of working on that backdoor they opened up a bigger vulnerability, which made this exploit all the more possible. There is a ton more information on smealum's dev blog that goes into the exploit details. In return for the backdoor, unauthorized code is allowed to run in arm11 but it won't be enough to break the system completely down to let people do what they want, ie piracy. Looking at the current 4.5 version exploit for flash chips, you have two different exploits, an MSET DS User Profile exploit, providing Arm11 usermode capabilities, and a firmware vulnerability that allows arm9 code execution. The higher firmwares patched the later portion, but the exploit here swaps the firmware exploit with the ability to run arbitrary code, which in turn runs code but can't go much further than that. So this means that while smealum owns the exploit, he is absolutely not going to dabble in modifying it so that piracy can run rampant, but once the exploit goes live, there is no way to predict the course of events that will follow."

I don't blame GS.

If you were selling an old 3DS game at $5 a pop and all of a sudden your inventory was getting wiped out across your stores, wouldn't you mark up the price? Why make $5 when you can make $40? This is a used item so there's no "MSRP" to benchmark against.
Unfortunately I'm no longer 'in the know" on this, but I wonder if GS's price hike on this isn't necessarily tied to their diminishing inventory as much as the fact the game suddenly jumped up on industry benchmarks into the "Top 20 games" or something similar to that. It could be a combination of both, but I tend to think its more related to the industry top-reports vs. their OH-inventory count.

So I was planning on redeeming my 20,000 gamestop points for $20 off one gamestop item but they seem to have got rid of that one for a $25 off coupon, $15 off coupon and a $5 off coupon. Would I be able to use a $15 off coupon and a $5 off coupon in the same transaction? I was just planning on using that for Pokemon Ruby tomorrow. Thanks!!!

So I was planning on redeeming my 20,000 gamestop points for $20 off one gamestop item but they seem to have got rid of that one for a $25 off coupon, $15 off coupon and a $5 off coupon. Would I be able to use a $15 off coupon and a $5 off coupon in the same transaction? I was just planning on using that for Pokemon Ruby tomorrow. Thanks!!!
The system will allow it, but some employees won't take more than one coupon.

Wow, just got that email that says "beat the BF rush" and then they advertise everything @MSRP... Yeah, definitely no rush to worry about with this ad!

Since getting GCU I hardly go to GS anymore so I decided to cash out most of my PUR points tonight at the Smash midnight release. Used a $50 for my Smash bundle and a $25 for a Smash GameCube controller. After using the rest of my trade credit, only paid $1.50 out of pocket for it all.

I'll always been on the look out for any sort of deals there since my PUR is active through 2017 but the change in trade promos kind of killed my GS trips.

I bet they are REALLY hurt by GCU - I mean honestly, the 20% converted me from a GS-only purchaser (primarily) to now a GS-only-if-I-must (or have extra credit there) purchaser, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. If it wasn't for the 40% bonus stealth "offer" on their website this month I would've picked up 100% of my games in the 4th quarter from BB or Amazon. I think as word continues to grow about these deals GS is going to be hurting more and more, hopefully it'll cause them to reconsider their positioning and pricing structure (and hopefully THAT = good for gamers), but I'm not holding my breath.

I bet they are REALLY hurt by GCU - I mean honestly, the 20% converted me from a GS-only purchaser (primarily) to now a GS-only-if-I-must (or have extra credit there) purchaser, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. If it wasn't for the 40% bonus stealth "offer" on their website this month I would've picked up 100% of my games in the 4th quarter from BB or Amazon. I think as word continues to grow about these deals GS is going to be hurting more and more, hopefully it'll cause them to reconsider their positioning and pricing structure (and hopefully THAT = good for gamers), but I'm not holding my breath.
Yeah. When I get asked "is there anything you want to preorder" I always mention that I get new stuff at BB because of GCU. 90% of GS employees don't even seem to know about it.

Tales of Hearts R was probably the last thing I'll be preordering from Gamestop unless something else exclusive I want pops up. I have The Witcher 3 CE, The Order: 1886 LE, Bloodborne CE, and Arkham Knight LE all preordered at Best Buy. :D/

Tales of Hearts R was probably the last thing I'll be preordering from Gamestop unless something else exclusive I want pops up. I have The Witcher 3 CE, The Order: 1886 LE, Bloodborne CE, and Arkham Knight LE all preordered at Best Buy. :D/
Incidentally, I forgot to mention last night that when I picked up GTA V and ACU (both preowned/XBO) at GS I had a $5 credit from some preorder I made a long time ago that I never picked up.

It was long enough ago that they had deleted the sku for it, but $5 I forgot about is still $5, so I'm not complaining.

Incidentally, I forgot to mention last night that when I picked up GTA V and ACU (both preowned/XBO) at GS I had a $5 credit from some preorder I made a long time ago that I never picked up.

It was long enough ago that they had deleted the sku for it, but $5 I forgot about is still $5, so I'm not complaining.
Yeah, I had to start a spreadsheet awhile back about all the stores that had $5 deposits and what they were for cuz I pre-ordered so much from there.

I swear some Gamestops need to do courses in reading comprehension for the employees... went to pick up the used FC4 XBO I put on hold last night.  Even though it says on the sheet "preowned" they put a new copy with it.  Thankfully they didn't sell the used copy on the floor, but still...

I sweat some Gamestops need to do courses in reading comprehension for the employees... went to pick up the used FC4 XBO I put on hold last night. Even though it says on the sheet "preowned" they put a new copy with it. Thankfully they didn't sell the used copy on the floor, but still...
Did the email confirmation you received say "New" on it despite you putting a used copy on hold? I had that happen once when I put a used copy of SSB 3DS on hold. Now if I get one of those, I call the store to verify that they pulled a used copy and not a new one.

Did the email confirmation you received say "New" on it despite you putting a used copy on hold? I had that happen once when I put a used copy of SSB 3DS on hold. Now if I get one of those, I call the store to verify that they pulled a used copy and not a new one.
Well, the email said new but the sheet they stuck on the game clearly said preowned.

I'm still using Gamestop to preorder the more niche titles that Best Buy decide not to carry (Akiba's Trip PS4, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate CE etc.). I wish whoever is in charge of buying games for BB corporate would decide to carry all niche games so I can quit other retailers cold turkey....

Interesting you mention Tales. I preordered it last week. I just looked, my local store already has one PO'ed. I'll likely return my unopened one and use the bday coupon. Will save over $10 from buying new. I really had a hard time justifying new at $40 plus tax for a portable game. The PO copy is much easier to stomach.

So by OLD VALUES NO LONGER UPDATED are you no longer updating any of the values or just for the older systems(Wii, 360, PS3)

Edit: Alright I suppose that is a good reason not to update any values then.

Off Topic and may be against rules.

Here is a free $25 off any preowned tablet coupon. EBC3046855-L7D8N7ML expires 11/23.

On the topic of bashing GS.... I pre-ordered LBP3 Plush Edition and went to go pick it up on the 18th. The clerk tried to sell me an opened, gutted copy of the Day 1 Edition minus the Plush, trying to pass it off as the same thing. I told her the whole point of the Plush Edition was the plush, but she kept trying to tell me that the plush was a special DLC on the receipt.... LOL

Thankfully, a friend told me the BB across the street had a sealed copy in stock. Crossed the street and picked one up with GCU :D lol. Never pre-ordering anything from GS again >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back