GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I just cancelled my doom pre order without the receipt and I'm guessing it doesn't show in the system if I traded a game towards doom to get a bonus trade in?

With enough arguing they should have to do the coupon and the price in the ad.

It's really misleading shady shit. If you say it's that price for pro members and then have a coupon as well both should be valid.

If the ad said that was the price with coupon then it would make sense.

FYI both AC Syndicate and R6 Siege will be $10 after PUR coupon May 20-22 with the Armed Forces sale. Siege currently trades in for $15.40, so there's a chance to make $5. Not sure about Syndicate as I don't own that... yet
Are these from the monthly PUR coupons? If so I only have coupons for a Engerizer system charger and one for a remote both for the PS4.

With enough arguing they should have to do the coupon and the price in the ad.
It's really misleading shady shit. If you say it's that price for pro members and then have a coupon as well both should be valid.
If the ad said that was the price with coupon then it would make sense.
Just stop...fuck n cry babies

FYI both AC Syndicate and R6 Siege will be $10 after PUR coupon May 20-22 with the Armed Forces sale. Siege currently trades in for $15.40, so there's a chance to make $5. Not sure about Syndicate as I don't own that... yet
How so? Looks like they're charging $49.99 with a $20 off coupon.

1 last question before I trade these stuff in. I'm pretty sure I know the answer to this but I just wanna be 100% sure about it

Since I was able to do the promo on the 13th, I can do it again on the same account?

What I want to know is what will GS do about this new labor regulation?

Effective 12/1/16, The Final Rule via Department of Labor focuses primarily on updating the salary and compensation levels needed for Executive, Administrative, and Professional salaried workers to be exempt. Specifically, the Final Rule:

Sets the standard salary level at the 40th percentile of earnings of full-time salaried workers in the lowest-wage Census Region, currently the South, which is $913 per week or $47,476 annually for a full-year worker.

Short version, the DOL says that you must make at least $47,474 a year to be considered a salaried work.

This will impact a lot of GS Managers.

Probably end up getting slapped down by the Feds like they did a while back over skirting income taxes by handing out bonuses via Visa gift cards.

Effective 12/1/16, The Final Rule via Department of Labor focuses primarily on updating the salary and compensation levels needed for Executive, Administrative, and Professional salaried workers to be exempt. Specifically, the Final Rule:

Sets the standard salary level at the 40th percentile of earnings of full-time salaried workers in the lowest-wage Census Region, currently the South, which is $913 per week or $47,476 annually for a full-year worker.

Short version, the DOL says that you must make at least $47,474 a year to be considered a salaried work.

how much does a salaried manager make? I didnt even know they had salary managers at gamestop stores.

Yeah they make about $38-40k here, but that's absolute bullshit for the stuff they have to go through. I remember 5 years ago my stupid Office Depot manager made $55k and he was a dunce that didn't do shit.

The manager that was at my local store told me a very similar story about wages, left to go manage a Cricket instead because they paid better.  The occasional perks like free consoles or Vegas trips were not enough to counteract the other bullshit you'd deal with in that line of work.

Salary largely is affected by your area to account for cost of living. I can't imagine how anybody could live on their own on $40K in the bay area.

Effective 12/1/16, The Final Rule via Department of Labor focuses primarily on updating the salary and compensation levels needed for Executive, Administrative, and Professional salaried workers to be exempt. Specifically, the Final Rule:

they might as well call this the "do whatever it takes to get walmart to pay their employees" law as its clearly directed at them. this will cover most of their salary staff that end up getting paid less than minimum wage per hour because they are literally there all the time.

According to Glassdoor, the average salary for Gamestop Store Managers is $39,219. That is across the country, so it sort of averages out the differences between San Francisco and rural, Alabama.

Either strange coincidence (a common career change choice) or you work at the Greensburg PA store. The old manager there left a year or so ago to work at dealership.
This was in Texas. Strange coincidence ha. but I checked that glassdoor site and apparently their salary ranged from the equivalent to $13-$23 per hour? idk, i dont like to be in peoples pockets, just genuinely curious.

Salary largely is affected by your area to account for cost of living. I can't imagine how anybody could live on their own on $40K in the bay area.
if they're lucky enough to have a car paid off and arent in debt they can live moderately. so glad i live in Texas. 40k a year can make someone look like they are balling here lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back