GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
if they're lucky enough to have a car paid off and arent in debt they can live moderately. so glad i live in Texas. 40k a year can make someone look like they are balling here lol
There's no state income tax in Texas too. We have an average state income tax of 5.75% here in North Carolina. It doesn't sound like much, but it makes a huge difference!

God Bless Texas and crippling debt.
a1c62cc41b9a4bd0862688d8315084cc.jpg

Sorry if it's been asked, but if a game is on the $25 TIV list and I put it towards Uncharted, does it shoot up to $37.50?
It will likely just bump you up 50/60% of the base value, as that will be more than bumping the game to $25 then giving you an extra 10% of the base value from there.

My stores got the Visa's on Monday and trade-in credit worked on them until the district manager emailed Fri and said to stop allowing trade credit on them.

My stores got the Visa's on Monday and trade-in credit worked on them until the district manager emailed Fri and said to stop allowing trade credit on them.
The register will allow it but per policy we arent allowed to use store credit on visa cards. Gift cards im not 100% sure on.

Gotta love how GS will jump on supply and demand; Black Ops 1 on 360 went from a $10 used game to an $18 used game in 1 week. Right now you can get the dual pack used for the same price, or a new copy of the dual pack for $2 more, at least until that sale is over.

Gotta love how GS will jump on supply and demand; Black Ops 1 on 360 went from a $10 used game to an $18 used game in 1 week. Right now you can get the dual pack used for the same price, or a new copy of the dual pack for $2 more, at least until that sale is over.
Didn't they do something similar with the PS Move controllers?

Went to Gamestop to return Doom from the 50% promo. Guy asked why and I said Im getting it from BestBuy since it's 20% cheaper. He looks over my receipt as if something was wrong and said I saved more money buying from Gamestop. He Said I saved $24 at Gamestop. Explained that that is trade in credit so I didn't save a thing from you guys giving me credit for my items.

He than went on to say I spent cash at BestBuy but could have just spent the credit here. Said I rather buy it from BB regardless of if it was credit or cash because it is technically cheaper. Said the $60 I'll get back will go towards an Amazon GC purchase thus I save $12 by returning it.

He just continued to say I'm wasting money at BB and Gamestop saved me $24 on a newly released game. It's these times that remind me not to go to Gamestop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to Gamestop to return Doom from the 50% promo. Guy asked why and I said Im getting it from BestBuy since it's 20% cheaper. He looks over my receipt as if something was wrong and said I saved more money buying from Gamestop. He Said I saved $24 at Gamestop. Explained that that is trade in credit so I didn't save a thing from you guys giving me credit for my items.

He than went on to say I spent cash at BestBuy but could have just spent the credit here. Said I rather buy it from BB regardless of if it was credit or cash because it is technically cheaper. Said the $60 I'll get back will go towards an Amazon GC purchase thus I save $12 by returning it.

He just continued to say I'm wasting money at BB and Gamestop saved me $24 on a newly released game. It's these times that remind me not to go to Gamestop.
They don't see trade in credit as equal to cash.

Simple really. It's a matter of perspective.

That is when you start going full story mode on your hamster got lost and randomly start digging at your arse.

My go to excuse is always "oh I'm still playing X so I don't have time to play this any time soon."

I didn't think anyone really said that. That sounds unnecessarily confrontational. An employee at my store told me about a guy who traded in three copies of a game and when asked why he had three, the guy said "it's none of your damn business." How hard is it to say you don't have time to play it like the above poster suggested? Shuts down any questions and doesn't look like you're trying to work the system.

I didn't think anyone really said that. That sounds unnecessarily confrontational. An employee at my store told me about a guy who traded in three copies of a game and when asked why he had three, the guy said "it's none of your damn business." How hard is it to say you don't have time to play it like the above poster suggested? Shuts down any questions and doesn't look like you're trying to work the system.
Wtf lol you don't have time to play so you are trading in 3 copies of a game. What kind of excuse is that? Might as well tell him to fuck off

True. I'll go that route next time. I did return it because I got it from BB though. Didn't expect to be told my trade in credit was Gamestop saving me money.

Exactly. It makes the difference between the employee classifying and remembering you as "that guy" rather than some other customer who wanted to return a game that's easily forgotten. This is how to get banned.

True. I'll go that route next time. I did return it because I got it from BB though. Didn't expect to be told my trade in credit was Gamestop saving me money.
You didn't know GameStop money is greater than cash? Don't you know that people always say that they got *insert new game for free* and you ask them how, and they say they traded in a bunch of games. Because they obviously didn't pay anything for those games to begin with, so it was free!

I'm a confrontational guy in real life as much as I am behind the keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back