GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Can a state ID suffice or should I just do a passport? I don't even mind coming out of pocket to purchase either one.
Well at least remind everybody what you did that got you banned to give them a heads up.

Somebody said you were in CA? I’m pretty sure you can’t get a state ID since they only allow either a driver’s license or state ID at one time. You can go the passport route but that takes several months to process. And not to kick you while you’re down but of course you have to pay out of pocket to get them, you don’t really have much of a choice lol. You can have your lady do trades for you, but that might just inconvenience her.

Lady at my usual GameStop not only remembered I came in last time to buy an eBay gift card, but she also remembered how much. This was like 2 weeks ago. I hope she doesn't start keeping a mental tally of how many eBay gift cards I buy lol.

Has anyone ordered from GS's retro section recently? I have been looking for some old school nintendo games to add to my collection. I have been looking around at on 5mile and a few other apps for retro stuff; GS's prices aren't so bad if you have pur and combine cag16. I found that GS has MGS The Twin Snakes and Paper Mario GCN which comes out to $22 each after coupons. The only downside is they may not come with original box and manual. Am I better off looking on ebay, swap apps and garage sales.

Has anyone ordered from GS's retro section recently? I have been looking for some old school nintendo games to add to my collection. I have been looking around at on 5mile and a few other apps for retro stuff; GS's prices aren't so bad if you have pur and combine cag16. I found that GS has MGS The Twin Snakes and Paper Mario GCN which comes out to $22 each after coupons. The only downside is they may not come with original box and manual. Am I better off looking on ebay, swap apps and garage sales.
I don't like the idea of buying retro through GS simply because the condition can vary widely. I'd rather pay a little more and buy off eBay and know 100% what I'm getting.

I don't like the idea of buying retro through GS simply because the condition can vary widely. I'd rather pay a little more and buy off eBay and know 100% what I'm getting.
The only retro game I've purchased from GS is Shenmue. The first copy was CIB but didn't load. Customer service was great and shipped another CIB copy. But I agree, going the ebay or Amazon route definitely increases receiving what you purchased.

On another note, I went to pick up TLOU and Bloodborne at BBY and the rep came up with a Dark Souls 2 and JC3. I totally forgot I ordered them during the flipathon. Now to decide if I'll keep them.

That's why you buy some cheapy games to throw them off your scent. There are plenty of great Wii games for $3 or less.
Nah I was picking up other stuff too on my first visit. I'm pretty sure she is just genuinely curious but I don't want that to change once I've bought like $1K worth of eBay gift cards.

They have some new puzzles though, so I'll probably get one of those next time too.

Went in tonight to return my Doom copy.  Thought I would pick up 2 copies of GTA V to trade to BBY and then some various gift cards to keep the suspicion low but this GS had no used copies for either system.  In fact, the closest one with a used copy was 7 miles away.  I never got any gift cards but she took the return without giving me the hard sell on anything else.  Need to go back though since I want some credit at best buy for next week.

Its funny to see that some people cant buy ebay giftcards with gamestop credit and here I am trying to buy some gamestop giftcard with an ebay giftcard, but cant because paypal wont let me.

If anyone has a birthday coupon, you can snag next-gen GTA V used for $25.55 with it.

Knowing how the value always holds, it should serve as a cheap or profitable rental. 

The GTA V flip is $31.49 GS credit -> $27 BB credit right? Or am I missing some BB promo? If so, doesn't seem worth it since I can still get Amazon gift cards no problem around here.

Edit: $31.49 GS -> $29.70 BB with GCU right? Still meh...

What does "Merchandise purchased on promotional discounts may be subject to additional return rrstrictions. See associate for complete details" mean?

It's under the return policy on the back of my receipt

The GTA V flip is $31.49 GS credit -> $27 BB credit right? Or am I missing some BB promo? If so, doesn't seem worth it since I can still get Amazon gift cards no problem around here.

People are probably using some of the PUR points they accrued during the flipocalypse that occurred about a week and a half ago.

I wound up with 4 birthday coupons for some reason so It was $25.XX for it. I also bought an Amazon GC at the same time, just felt like spreading it around a bit.

If you have credit on your PUR card, don't do that. Put it on a trade card. Other than that, I dunno, but hopefully there are a lot of people who do excessive returns so they never get around to people who flip games.
Is there a difference between a trade card and a gift card? I was thinking of putting some from my pur card to a gift card for a graduation gift.

I liquidated my PUR account because I got trade banned. I used 110000 points and 3 birthday coupons to flip 6 copies of gta 5 to Best buy. I also returned a doom and uncharted 4 from the %50 bump and bought a $200 southwest gift card for our round-trip to Vegas. I also picked up Doom from best buy since it will be 39.99 next week. 

I liquidated my PUR account because I got trade banned. I used 110000 points and 3 birthday coupons to flip 6 copies of gta 5 to Best buy. I also returned a doom and uncharted 4 from the %50 bump and bought a $200 southwest gift card for our round-trip to Vegas. I also picked up Doom from best buy since it will be 39.99 next week.
So with the trade ban, your account points and coupons were fully functional?

I've done it lots of times. Used my PUR Card which has credit on it from trading to purchase a GS Giftcard or any other type of giftcards.
But what are the restrictions on what they can and cannot be used on when comparing a trade card and gift card?

I did ask if they could move my pur credit into trade cards but they said it can't. But I can buy gift cards no prob.

But what are the restrictions on what they can and cannot be used on when comparing a trade card and gift card?

I did ask if they could move my pur credit into trade cards but they said it can't. But I can buy gift cards no prob.
I'm not sure really, here we get taxed for everything (maybe in states that don't get taxed Trade credit is better). I can pretty much buy anything with a gift card (or PUR card with credit on it) here, which includes Amazon / eBay GCs. Maybe trade credit cards have more restrictions but I rarely get them, most the time I ask to put it on either my PUR card or to purchase a GC in the amount of the leftover from trades.

Does the free shipping SAVER promo code still active? It doesn't seem to work in the GameStop.com site anymore.

How long have they had saturn and OG xbox games for sale? Feel like I missed something
I see some XBox and Gamecube games added to the website, but not Saturn or PS2 games yet. They started taking certain trades for those 4 systems again, but I haven't seen them listed yet. The XBox and Gamecube must have been expanded in the last couple of weeks.

EDIT - Never mind. They aren't all listed in the "narrow down your search" bar yet, but you can find them if you go through he Retro games page.

Can you return retro games in store? Even if they don't normally take retro games? I'm thinking of buying Twilight Princess for GCN but I only want it if it's complete.

Can you return retro games in store? Even if they don't normally take retro games? I'm thinking of buying Twilight Princess for GCN but I only want it if it's complete.
Try Amazon Warehouse instead. I got my copy back in February and it was around $46 for a Like New complete set.

That's actually wrong.

You can buy a GS gift card with trade credit.
I've done it lots of times. Used my PUR Card which has credit on it from trading to purchase a GS Giftcard or any other type of giftcards.
That's never worked for me.
I usually buy just enough with my gift cards to get right under $10 and then I cash it out, but I can't do that with trade in credit

Wait a minute....Gamestop sells Southwest gift cards? Looking at a trip later this year and it would be great to knock out the airfare with GS credit.

Wait a minute....Gamestop sells Southwest gift cards? Looking at a trip later this year and it would be great to knock out the airfare with GS credit.
I'm going to PAX West this year so this is good info to know.
I've seen Southwest giftcards @ GS. PayPal Digital Gifts also sells Southwest gift cards.

GS > ebay > SW if you want to earn additional ebay bucks

Both in Noblesville (Clover Rd and Town Center), and the one on 96th as well. Gonna have to wake up early and check Carmel/Castleton area tomorrow. Hopefully I can still atleast cash out the credit I have.
Damn, the one on 96th is my normal store. Was hoping to use GS credit to pay off the Persona 5 preorder I had at amazon.

Just noticed GS stared selling Saturns for $20 less than Game Over here in TX. May finally pick one up after two decades, there retro prices aren't that bad

couple days ago, I tried to transfer my 2 trade credits and GS gift card into my PUR account, but the guy who works at my local GS refused saying these are different things
Well yeah, that's not what we were talking about.

PUR card/trade card -> Gift Card works fine.

You can't do GC -> Trade Card/PUR Card.

Just noticed GS stared selling Saturns for $20 less than Game Over here in TX. May finally pick one up after two decades, there retro prices aren't that bad
Only time Game Over is worthwhile is the 50% off Black Friday sale. And you have to camp out to be the first one in the store or else some high roller will come in with $$$$ to burn and buy all the good deals.

I could have had Earthbound for a modest $100 but of course I didn't spend my whole Thanksgiving camped out in front of a store. I'm still salty. Luckily he overlooked the Fire Emblem GCN game :D

But how did you get your trade ban?

Only time Game Over is worthwhile is the 50% off Black Friday sale. And you have to camp out to be the first one in the store or else some high roller will come in with $$$$ to burn and buy all the good deals.

I could have had Earthbound for a modest $100 but of course I didn't spend my whole Thanksgiving camped out in front of a store. I'm still salty. Luckily he overlooked the Fire Emblem GCN game :D

Lol yeah. I saw Saturn Bomberman in store, no artwork, for $210 used. GS has it online, same condition, for $75.

I keep saying every year I'll get X or Y console during their 50% off special but I think I only picked up Silent Hill Downpour in 2013. I always end up broke around then lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back