GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone do the suggested trade in for the One controller? I think the 39 TIV posted is for the 3.5mm jack version? According to the site anyway. I have the vanilla controller and wouldn't mind the upgrade if it was 39 like posted. Anyone else do ot? Wanted to see if the site is off maybe
I've now traded in four of the original controllers and received $39.20 for each.

I finally bit and purchased an eBay GC last night and ordered 6 Of the 360 S- Power Adapters to trade in for the COD +50% preorder. In a nutshell, why were people being banned temp/perm for trading these in? Also, what is the last known trade in value. TYIA
Bad call. That's going to get you banned. No more than 4 of a given accessory in a calendar month.

Nice update blackbeard! Too bad the top 20 preowned money-makers to GS are not in stock at my closest best buys. Is best buy trade in dying? I don't even know how big their pre-owned section is.

Per account right?
Correct. But loss prevention does try to match duplicate accounts (e.g., the dude who posted a couple pages back saying that he tried to evade a ban by opening a new account using a passport and different address and was still trade blocked). I just do two -- one in my name and another in my wife's. No problems there.

Does anyone else have a coupon in their PUR (Pro) account that says "Get 50% Extra Credit When You Trade Your Games and Accessories?"  It seems a little redundant with the bonus going on right now, but it expires on 7/31.

Does anyone else have a coupon in their PUR (Pro) account that says "Get 50% Extra Credit When You Trade Your Games and Accessories?" It seems a little redundant with the bonus going on right now, but it expires on 7/31.
Nope. Did you use your 20% off coupon before it disappeared? That had the same expiration date.

I wonder if they are doing the coupon to limit it to a one time trade now until then.

Edit: I don't have the 50% extra credit coupon like some are getting. Not that it matters.

If fhey stealth bump UFC 2 up to $25 like they did last month, that would be good for a 7.70 boomerang

So my transactions from Monday night are still missing from my PUR history yet everything from Wednesday night (last night) is showing aside from one transaction. Is it even worth asking CS or is that an invite for my trade history to be looked at?

Just a heads up, Fallout New Vegas 360 was just added to the backward compatibility list (for xbox one) so if you're thinking about getting it, grab it before GS hikes up the price.  

I don't get it. Why would you do the 20% trade in bonus if they have a 50% going on? It's like they're trying extra hard not to help you out.

hm, go today to trade in an xbone controller, headset, 360 AC adapter, and a couple games or wait till tomorrow. Dat stealth bump though.

For anyone interested, I did a comparison sheet for last month's stealth bump just to give you an idea of what might happen.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QHes9WjTbQvu-uB5Bkp_cwrKtJtZiqANFr_RfwvzkYs/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=1606260851
Blackbeard, you the REAL MVP Man ! Thanks for all of your hard work in putting these valuable tools together and updating them so often. I am trying to dig up some xbox live gold trial codes to PM you as I saw a few weeks back those can work well for you being a Dad and sometimes limited gaming time (father of 4 here trying to save $$$ so kids can enjoy new'ish games). I encourage others to click the Donate tab on his spreadsheet or PM him some Xbox Live trial codes if you have some kicking around.

https://imgflip.com/i/16btgw

Well seriously, fuck Gamestop in MA.

My roommate and I went to trade in a Wii today.

Upon arriving at the store we informed the cashier/clerk we'd be trading a Wii in. Before we even got the system out of the bag, we were informed they'd have to mark the console as defective. Asking as to what was going on, the Manager clarified that they didn't have the equipment necessary to test the Wii console. They just mark any consoles that come in as defective and send them to corporate.

Because they don't have the equipment, they are just marking the consoles that come in as defective and awarding less than half their projected trade in value according to their site/app. We did not make the trade, but felt this was a major inconvenience. It also makes no sense that they have no way to test the console if they are still accepting it for trade ins.

Needless to say, I'm rather annoyed.

Upon arriving at the store we informed the cashier/clerk we'd be trading a Wii in. Before we even got the system out of the bag, we were informed they'd have to mark the console as defective. Asking as to what was going on, the Manager clarified that they didn't have the equipment necessary to test the Wii console. They just mark any consoles that come in as defective and send them to corporate.

Because they don't have the equipment, they are just marking the consoles that come in as defective and awarding less than half their projected trade in value according to their site/app. We did not make the trade, but felt this was a major inconvenience. It also makes no sense that they have no way to test the console if they are still accepting it for trade ins.

Equipment? Wut? Only reason I can see that is if they only have a monitor to test stuff and they don't have AV ports.

https://gamestopcomments.survey.marketforce.com/?languageId=1

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back