GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
You had me bummed for a moment since I traded in about 16 games yesterday. I just checked the list I still had saved on my app and all of them decreased today by a small amount (dollar or less) except one which increased by about a dollar or so. I guess you got lucky with your list.
He meant his Wish List of games to buy, not a saved trade-in list.

Hmmm, thinking I want to upgrade a couple of XB1 controllers without 3.5mm headset jacks. Should I wait for the 50% preorder bonus in hopes of a stealth bump? One of the controllers has a drift so I know I want to get rid of it.

Hmmm, thinking I want to upgrade a couple of XB1 controllers without 3.5mm headset jacks. Should I wait for the 50% preorder bonus in hopes of a stealth bump? One of the controllers has a drift so I know I want to get rid of it.
Stealth bumps don't usually happen on accessories. If I were you, I would trade it in now for just under 40.

We might get a potential stealth bump so just hold on until Friday.
63953037.jpg

traded in 2 og xbox one controllers, a ds4 controller and a wired headset for 132 bucks credit. finally got an elite controller for cheap.. now im thinking i should return it before the 30 days and just wait for the gears of war elite controller... =/

traded in 2 og xbox one controllers, a ds4 controller and a wired headset for 132 bucks credit. finally got an elite controller for cheap.. now im thinking i should return it before the 30 days and just wait for the gears of war elite controller... =/
that's not 'for cheap', you got it for retail.

I'm interested in the elite controller but this video really soured me on the idea of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Gzj0f9SrBs

unless i can get it with flips for like $60 I don't see ever buying one.

I'm interested in the elite controller but this video really soured me on the idea of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Gzj0f9SrBs

damn, for $150 thats a big load of crap

I mean, that's completely unacceptable for a $150 device. I was thinking of getting one but there's no way I would with those issues. If you get a defective one will Microsoft or gamestop replace it? Are these issues pretty rare instances?

Correct me if I'm wrong but the trend for stealth bonus has been every 2 months. We had one at the end of May so I would assume the next one won't be till the end of July.

Should have upgraded your console to an elite console for $100 last week. I already flipped for $100+ profit to pay off the upgrade
I had an xbox one last year but sold it. I just rebought one this last weekend with the 50% bonus. I did the $250 spring bundle which I thought was a great deal because i wanted to rebuy all the games included with it anyway.

I have the Elite Controller and I really like it. I've had zero issues with mine :) I'm sure if you had any issues at all, Microsoft would at least help you. $150 is a bit steep, but I picked it up when you got a free copy of Halo 5 with it which softened the blow.

So I noticed that they're giving an extra controller with the purchase of any xbox one. I boughthink one 2 days ago online, would I be able to go to a gamestop and see if I can get in on this deal?

As a head's up, for anyone else like me that wanted to trade up a non-3.5mm xbox one controller for a 3.5mm one, here is an auction for a new, covert-skins edition with 3.5mm jack for $36:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/172234000062

TIV with 50% extra is $39.20

The new ad at GS says you get a free extra controller with Xbox One. Can you choose any controller or is it just the regular black one?

As a head's up, for anyone else like me that wanted to trade up a non-3.5mm xbox one controller for a 3.5mm one, here is an auction for a new, covert-skins edition with 3.5mm jack for $36:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/172234000062

TIV with 50% extra is $39.20
The external headset adapter buttons are useful to quickly mute and change volume. I considered this upgrade but then I realized I might miss the buttons.

If you're looking for a killer deal on a headset+Stereo adapter, order a set of Polk Melees ($22-$30), then when they arrive email Ken at Polk customer support. He'll send you a Polk branded Xbox one stereo headset adapter and upgraded boom mic for free. I did this just two weeks ago and wound up with awesome headphones and a stereo adapter for less than the cost of the stereo adapter alone.

The external headset adapter buttons are useful to quickly mute and change volume. I considered this upgrade but then I realized I might miss the buttons.

If you're looking for a killer deal on a headset+Stereo adapter, order a set of Polk Melees ($22-$30), then when they arrive email Ken at Polk customer support. He'll send you a Polk branded Xbox one stereo headset adapter and upgraded boom mic for free. I did this just two weeks ago and wound up with awesome headphones and a stereo adapter for less than the cost of the stereo adapter alone.
What about upgrading for the better bumper buttons and skin and still getting a polk melee with adapter and boom mic? Does this sound crazy to get access to the adapter buttons?

For anyone thinking they can double dip on the $50 gift card and free controller with a return/rebuy, I don't think it will work. When they scan the gift card, it didn't make the GC free. It took $50 off the Xbox price, so you wouldn't get the full value back when returning.

I had an xbox one last year but sold it. I just rebought one this last weekend with the 50% bonus. I did the $250 spring bundle which I thought was a great deal because i wanted to rebuy all the games included with it anyway.
I put a SquareTrade warranty on my Elite controller when I bought it, just in case.

Mine's been working fine so far, though I'm not using it as much as others around here likely are.

Ken is the man. My polk strykers stopped working after three months amazon warehouse purchase. Called him and i had a refurbished pair within four days.

Mostly TIV drops, price increases, or both. I created a new tab comparing yesterday and today.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QHes9WjTbQvu-uB5Bkp_cwrKtJtZiqANFr_RfwvzkYs/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=1017888679
Bummer, no jackbox copies within 50 miles of me. Thanks for the update blackbeard. BTW, is there any chance you could freeze the top row so we can keep the heading while scrolling the list? There are so many columns now its hard to keep track of them.

Sucks that GS stopped selling Amazon cards. I think I'm just gonna build a PC with an RX 480 instead of buying a new console and have no way to transfer my $312 of credit since my GS never had ebay cards to begin with.

Sucks that GS stopped selling Amazon cards. I think I'm just gonna build a PC with an RX 480 instead of buying a new console and have no way to transfer my $312 of credit since my GS never had ebay cards to begin with.

Have you asked? One of my stores had some in a drawer lol but most of the stores I visit have all gotten them now. A few were slower than others

Have you asked? One of my stores had some in a drawer lol but most of the stores I visit have all gotten them now. A few were slower than others
Didn't think to ask. I just assume all the gift cards they had were on the spinning rack. I'll go tonight and ask them.

Bummer, no jackbox copies within 50 miles of me. Thanks for the update blackbeard. BTW, is there any chance you could freeze the top row so we can keep the heading while scrolling the list? There are so many columns now its hard to keep track of them.
Thanks for the suggestion, all tabs currently have this feature now.

does this include gc purchases? cant find the eligible categories anywhere

edit: found in the email: Qualifying purchase excludes all items in the following categories: Classifieds, Business & Industrial, Real Estate, eBay Gift Cards (within the Gift Cards & Coupons category), Bullion (within the Coins & Paper category), and eBay Motors (including Parts & Accessories).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back