GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Was told I couldn't trade in duplicate copies of a game when I tried to do a trade in today. Didn't really care, however I traded in 2x Halo MCC the other day so I wasn't quite sure how true that was.

Was told I couldn't trade in duplicate copies of a game when I tried to do a trade in today. Didn't really care, however I traded in 2x Halo MCC the other day so I wasn't quite sure how true that was.
I think the policy is that you can't trade in more than one copy per platform in a single transaction. Does the register block it? No, but the employee most likely will.

You might also get stopped if you have like one on each platform (X1, X360, PS3, PS4) like I was when I was flipping Minecraft Story Mode.

I think the policy is that you can't trade in more than one copy per platform in a single transaction. Does the register block it? No, but the employee most likely will.

You might also get stopped if you have like one on each platform (X1, X360, PS3, PS4) like I was when I was flipping Minecraft Story Mode.
Very true. Only supposed to be one copy per game.
Thanks.

Yea I had one or two employees wondering if that was allowed and one called in somewhere to get verification that it was ok. They kept talking for 30 seconds or so more and he smirked so I thought it was because the guy was telling him about flipping or whatever.

Right now its 50% extra trade credit for games and accessories (IE Controllers)
I'm aware of that and did a decent small bunch of games today, but I'm wondering if there might be a better opportunity for an :xb1:. I guess I'm just not happy with $32 TIV for my controllers and am considering if it makes sense to hold out for something better.

I'm aware of that and did a decent small bunch of games today, but I'm wondering if there might be a better opportunity for an :xb1:. I guess I'm just not happy with $32 TIV for my controllers and am considering if it makes sense to hold out for something better.
I got $39.50 for the non 3.5 mm jacks plus $24 for each headset adapter, traded two of each, and "upgraded" to two with 3.5mm jacks

I got $39.50 for the non 3.5 mm jacks plus $24 for each headset adapter, traded two of each, and "upgraded" to two with 3.5mm jacks
Thanks for the info, but what is the base TIV for a controller to give that bonus TIV? Dividing that value by 1.6 gives a base of $24.6875. Something is afoot. :)

There's a new 50% bonus trade credit when you trade towards gears of War 4, battlefield 1 or call of duty. Not sure when it ends though, it's in the weekly ad.

Hmm, I didn't get Uncharted 4 yet, and in the ad if you buy it, you get Nathan Drake Collection(which I already have) for $9.99, NDC goes back for $24.75 with the bonus barring any drop, watch it drop when I wake up lol.

There's a new 50% bonus trade credit when you trade towards gears of War 4, battlefield 1 or call of duty. Not sure when it ends though, it's in the weekly ad.
GS Weekly Ad's are Wednesday through Tuesday. So essentially this is a 2-day extension to the 50% bump, but on the 27th and 28th it has to be towards a preorder of Gears 4, CoD: IW, or BF 1.

If you return the UC4 do you still think you can keep the NDC for 9.99?
It happened a few months back with $19.99 RB6 Siege when you bought The Division at the same time. I returned The Division for a full refund of $59.99 and got the keep RB6. The guy at GS made a joke about me just wanting the cheap copy of Siege. He laughed and said he didn't care, since the system allowed it.

I just got this frommy order of the Mighty number 9 signature edition. I had one ps4 and one x1 preordered. Its been canceled. Is this what people get when they have been banned from the website? If so, I have no idea why ive been banned as I have never bought lareg amounts of anything from the website except amiibos and I havent bought any amiibos in months.

Dear Valued Customer,

The order #xxxxxxxxxxxxxx that you placed with GameStop.com or EBgames.com has been cancelled.

If you did not cancel this order yourself, it may be the result of our system being unable to process your order.

In the event you did not cancel your order, please try these steps:

Contact your financial institution and confirm that the information they have on file matches with all the information you included when you placed your order.

Place another order on www.gamestop.com using a different form of payment.

If you require any further assistance, please feel free to reply to this email and we will be more than happy to assist you further. You may also contact us at 1-800-883-8895.

I finally bit and purchased an eBay GC last night and ordered 6 Of the 360 S- Power Adapters to trade in for the COD +50% preorder. In a nutshell, why were people being banned temp/perm for trading these in? Also, what is the last known trade in value. TYIA

It happened a few months back with $19.99 RB6 Siege when you bought The Division at the same time. I returned The Division for a full refund of $59.99 and got the keep RB6. The guy at GS made a joke about me just wanting the cheap copy of Siege. He laughed and said he didn't care, since the system allowed it.
This was exactly what I was thinking of doing with that Uncharted promo, I just wasn't sure. With the 50% being extended an extra 2 days for pre-orders only, I'm under the impression of stealth bumps happening as well, so I'm patiently waiting to strike!

I finally bit and purchased an eBay GC last night and ordered 6 Of the 360 S- Power Adapters to trade in for the COD +50% preorder. In a nutshell, why were people being banned temp/perm for trading these in? Also, what is the last known trade in value. TYIA
I think people just didn't keep track and went over the limit. There isn't a special limit on the power adapters. The base value is $24? Somewhere around there.

This was exactly what I was thinking of doing with that Uncharted promo, I just wasn't sure. With the 50% being extended an extra 2 days for pre-orders only, I'm under the impression of stealth bumps happening as well, so I'm patiently waiting to strike!
If anybody gets that to work please post here. $9.99 is my keeper price for NDC.

So I traded in some games, picked up a puzzle and an eBay gift card. Use the trade credit and a gift card to pay difference and the manager was planning on reversing it once he realized. He looked at the receipt and I guess it seemed too complicated so he just let me have it :D
You really should wait until you have it on the trade card before buying a gift card. You'll get less hassle in my experience. (They're also likely to add a refurb fee or two for borderline games if they see the gift card while the trades are being processed.) Trades are always subject to manager approval, and a manager can refuse the trade for whatever reason.

Wow gamestop just raised the price on about half the games on my watchlist. 

Most egregious being
clear.gif
Champion Jockey: G1 Jockey & Gallop Racer for PS3 which went from 4.99 to 12.99.

Power to the players!!

Dualshock 4 controllers still have a base TIV of $27.50 (as of yesterday).

I figured I'll use the B2G1 coupon on 3 pre-owned dualshock 4 controllers. The terms on the B2G1 coupon state it "Cannot be combined with any other offer", so does that include the $5/$10/$15 off preowned certificates? I hate to ask, as I would just call my local GS to confirm but they aren't open yet.

Would be great if they could be combined, as I would just use my trade credit towards them, then proceed to trade them into another GS location. If not, I'd still be getting another ~$30 on top.

Dualshock 4 controllers still have a base TIV of $27.50 (as of yesterday).

I figured I'll use the B2G1 coupon on 3 pre-owned dualshock 4 controllers. The terms on the B2G1 coupon state it "Cannot be combined with any other offer", so does that include the $5/$10/$15 off preowned certificates? I hate to ask, as I would just call my local GS to confirm but they aren't open yet.

Would be great if they could be combined, as I would just use my trade credit towards them, then proceed to trade them into another GS location. If not, I'd still be getting another ~$30 on top.
If you use the certificate it will just take off 5 and then be made free from the B2G1 coupon. You're wasting the $5 certificate.

If you use the certificate it will just take off 5 and then be made free from the B2G1 coupon. You're wasting the $5 certificate.
Lol, that sucks. Thanks for the heads up. I figured I would use it on Mirror's Edge, Doom, and one other game... but the prices shot up on those.

irishsoccermbw, on 22 Jun 2016 - 08:50 AM, said:
Wow gamestop just raised the price on about half the games on my watchlist.
You had me bummed for a moment since I traded in about 16 games yesterday. I just checked the list I still had saved on my app and all of them decreased today by a small amount (dollar or less) except one which increased by about a dollar or so. I guess you got lucky with your list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back