GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that I have so much store credit I hate paying out of pocket for flips but the Microsoft store was too good to pass up after having hit or miss with inventory at BB to price match (what store runs out of black ops 3?).

If you navigate to the "Xbox One" section of the Microsoft store, then click "Action and Adventure" under the genres, it will take you to a overview page that shows pretty much every game and their respective prices. It doesn't show "Out of Stock" on this page, and will only show stock if you click on a particular game.

This might allow you to PM some games at BB.

Halo 5 for $10
Master chief collection for $10
Black ops 3 for $20
Sleeping dogs for $6
Battlefield hardline for $6

20 miles though? Damn. Up to you to see if it's worth it if you buy multiple sets. I only bought 2 sets.

Halo 5 for $10
Black ops 3 for $20
Sleeping dogs for $6

20 miles though? Damn. Up to you to see if it's worth it if you buy multiple sets. I only bought 2 sets.
Did the inventory checker say any of those games WEREN'T available? This is assuming you checked the inventory checker...

I only ask as a couple other people have said not to put too much stock in it.

Did the inventory checker say any of those games WEREN'T available? This is assuming you checked the inventory checker...

I only ask as a couple other people have said not to put too much stock in it.
I probably wouldn't put much stock into it either and don't bother calling. The call will rerouted you to a general call center. No one in the store is actually answering a phone.

Halo 5 for $10
Black ops 3 for $20
Sleeping dogs for $6
I bought 3 copies of Halo 5 at the MS Store and had BBY match 3 copies of BO3 and 3
copies of Master Chief Collection. Nice little flip

This $1.5k is a rolling 30 days also correct? Didn't someone mention that there's a $2k limit for 90 days as well?
Yeah the belief is that it's a rolling 30 days. Over $2K definitely hits the threshold but there were some people that reported doing less than $2K and still getting hit with the banhammer months back. So only way is by trial and error with other cags reporting what their max was before they got hit.

Take this with a grain of salt since it was just someone on Reddit but they said "... we've now gotten alerts from Lost Prevention that this will be stopped company-wide." with regards to using trade credit to buy gift cards like eBay. Are these the same messages that individual districts have been getting in terms of just manually stopping people from using credit, or is this a new company wide thing?

I got an eBay gift card earlier today so I guess it's time to really cash out. Seems like there is some truth to it considering Amazon cards stopped working.

Take this with a grain of salt since it was just someone on Reddit but they said "... we've now gotten alerts from Lost Prevention that this will be stopped company-wide." with regards to using trade credit to buy gift cards like eBay. Are these the same messages that individual districts have been getting in terms of just manually stopping people from using credit, or is this a new company wide thing?

I got an eBay gift card earlier today so I guess it's time to really cash out. Seems like there is some truth to it considering Amazon cards stopped working.
So use gamestop.com to turn trade credit into store credit? I have no idea what I'm doing, too busy watching MitB.

Transformers Devastation just went on sale in-store. Makes a small credit mover from BB w/GCU to GS. 

[attachment=22530:tran.jpg]

I could see stopping Ebay, that and Amazon never made any sense. If they really do put a PoS block on all cards(steam, nintendo, sony) then I will probably just get out of the game entirely. It would be foolhardy though as trading in a physical game to buy eshop or psn credit and buy it digitally still brings a body into a store. Foot traffic increases are still a driving force in retail sales. It's Gamestop though, I think we all know they aren't sure how to position themselves or what to actually promote anymore.

I could see stopping Ebay, that and Amazon never made any sense. If they really do put a PoS block on all cards(steam, nintendo, sony) then I will probably just get out of the game entirely. It would be foolhardy though as trading in a physical game to buy eshop or psn credit and buy it digitally still brings a body into a store. Foot traffic increases are still a driving force in retail sales. It's Gamestop though, I think we all know they aren't sure how to position themselves or what to actually promote anymore.
Yeah Amazon and eBay are a bummer but understandable... But if they stop letting you get Steam/PSN/eShop cards with credit then I might stop. That combined with Prime/GCU would make GS almost completely worthless, outside of finding some niche games.

I feel like them stopping ALL digital currency would cause more harm than good. Not sure what stopping Nintendo/Sony/Microsoft currency would even protect against, they are already selling their products anyway.

Either way I'm already preparing to start back at Best Buy again. At this point theres no way I could pay full MSRP at Gamestop for games anymore, only times I could see myself trading there is deals like now or the stealth boosts. Or buying stuff that I can't get discounted elseware (Consoles, Digital Store Credit, etc)

Liquid Metal said:
what flips from M$ store. theres one 20 miles away

Nick51705 said:
Halo 5 for $10
Black ops 3 for $20
Sleeping dogs for $6

Damn, I keep trying to get out but you people just keep pulling me back in!

I also have a MS store about that far away (but pretty much everything is that far away). I might stop by there later in the week. The 50% is through the weekend, right?

And I even have credit at the MS store from the epic "any game gets $10" trade-in/preorder deal they had a few years back.

As for GS credit, yeah, at this point I tend to save it for consoles. I might use it on something like the upcoming Destiny expansion. But then again, I can get cheaper MS/PSN monies other ways too. So, yeah, pretty much it is only good for consoles - and I'm not sure I'm getting any more of those any time soon. I still don't have a new 3DS XL yet though.

I feel like them stopping ALL digital currency would cause more harm than good. Not sure what stopping Nintendo/Sony/Microsoft currency would even protect against, they are already selling their products anyway.

Either way I'm already preparing to start back at Best Buy again. At this point theres no way I could pay full MSRP at Gamestop for games anymore, only times I could see myself trading there is deals like now or the stealth boosts. Or buying stuff that I can't get discounted elseware (Consoles, Digital Store Credit, etc)
I already have moved all my new game purchases to BB excluding once in a blue moon when GS has a really good sale on one.

GS is used only for me.

I can't see them pulling the Sony/MS/Nintendo/Steam cards because they'd piss off the makers too much.

People have been saying eBay GC's will get killed off for how long now? I remember a couple months ago when this rumor started... and yet the majority of people are still able to use their GS trade-in credit/GC's towards eBay GC's.

Also Amazon kindle cards have been abused for a couple years now. I remember people buying ridiculous amounts during one of the Kongregate $5 coupon promo periods. It was only a matter of time. I don't doubt that eBay gift cards will be pulled from the shelves eventually, similar to Amazon kindle GC's, however I wouldn't worry about it until then.

People have been saying eBay GC's will get killed off for how long now? I remember a couple months ago when this rumor started... and yet the majority of people are still able to use their GS trade-in credit/GC's towards eBay GC's.

Also Amazon kindle cards have been abused for a couple years now. I remember people buying ridiculous amounts during one of the Kongregate $5 coupon promo periods. It was only a matter of time. I don't doubt that eBay gift cards will be pulled from the shelves eventually, similar to Amazon kindle GC's, however I wouldn't worry about it until then.
Main problem for GS is their GC is limited to only games and electronic. If they take GCs option away, it will create supply shortage for them. Traders will move to other places like BB and AMZN where their GC can buy different things. GS need us to trade games, so they can sell them for profit to soccer moms and etc... It is a balance act. Obviously they see this is a problem and that is why they allow you buy GC with trade credit. Maybe they just add a small fee like Visa will make it worth while for them.

While removing kindle cards sucks and the potential for removing the other cards is there, i'm still going to flip. There is plenty of stuff to buy from gs. That credit is worth it to me.

you guys are talking as if GS really cares about what flippers think. soccer moms and noob kids will still bring in billions of games to trade just for 1 used game @ $55 lol. 

Damn, I keep trying to get out but you people just keep pulling me back in!

I also have a MS store about that far away (but pretty much everything is that far away). I might stop by there later in the week. The 50% is through the weekend, right?

And I even have credit at the MS store from the epic "any game gets $10" trade-in/preorder deal they had a few years back.

As for GS credit, yeah, at this point I tend to save it for consoles. I might use it on something like the upcoming Destiny expansion. But then again, I can get cheaper MS/PSN monies other ways too. So, yeah, pretty much it is only good for consoles - and I'm not sure I'm getting any more of those any time soon. I still don't have a new 3DS XL yet though.
I think yesterday was the last day for the Microsoft sale.

going into a microsoft store is always a strange experience, like 15 employees on the floor and usually only 1 or 2 customers,
Yeah. But the two people there are Japanese or Saudi or Russian and buying a bunch of high margin stuff. At least that's the case at the store closest to me (Pentagon City, VA).

going into a microsoft store is always a strange experience, like 15 employees on the floor and usually only 1 or 2 customers,
On Sunday, the Tysons Corner, VA location had a VR demo near the entrance, which is (thankfully) where most of the activity was.

Billions?
how-about-1.jpg

I wonder how many MGS V's I've flipped from BBY

Also, if I got banned around March 20, should I be good now?
Only one way to find out, try trading something cheap in or just be up front about it that you just want to test it, I've been banned twice, once for 4 months and once for just a month or less. They must release trade bans in batches.

I've cashed out $800 in eBay cards in the last month which I spent $450 getting (also got $50 target credit with that) but I also see the writing on the wall for eBay cards. I will keep flipping small amounts as I can but I don't want to get stuck with lots of credit I can't cash out easily. My plan is every $200 I hit buy a eBay card until they pull them. Enough games coming in the fall that I can use that on in case the hammer comes down on buying gift cards with credit.

It's not like the credit will expire. If you get stuck with them, just save it for console releases. Idk of any retailer where it would be more advantageous to get one from on launch day.

It's not like the credit will expire. If you get stuck with them, just save it for console releases. Idk of any retailer where it would be more advantageous to get one from on launch day.
Target! Red Card and those cartwheel deals on consoles over the years have proven to be the best. But yeah, I agree with you. If you get stuck with credit, just buy the Scorpio/Neo

AWD dingers a day or two after launch day are usually better, but yeah, it's not a total loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back