GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
And for those of you without mind-reading powers, they dropped to $24.50 (PS4) and $22.00 (XB1) base values.
That's been the value on the website and in the app for a while, but the actual TIV has been higher. Has the actual TIV been lowered to match what is shown online?

So I if anyone cares, I found Just Dance2015's at Target for 5.98$ that trade for 8 base so 12.80 which is decent. I know it's kind alate but I literally just found them

Give me your account info and coupon and I'll use it
8de51d4b459fc28b82dc7d461a17af0e1f4107eb452e7095d03ed977e3b6a453.jpg

According my my store manager, loss prevention has notified all stores that the system updates to prevent the sale of ebay cards and gas cards, not sure which others, will be completed by July 24th. The manager was pretty sure the rollouts were going to be incremental area-wise. Indiana is still good as of Saturday. I'll report back in today after I attempt to cash our more credit.
Pulling this up again based on info I got from a store manager at lunchtime today. As usual, take it with a grain of salt.

She indicated that they stopped allowing trade or GC payments for Ebay, BP, prepaid Visas and Amazon (they didn't have the new cards yet either). She didn't mention Shell or any other gas cards I missed. If the above is true, I'm going to try a couple other GS to convert a couple hundred some credit to Ebay as a last hurrah.

Just putting this here. Had 2 $5 GS reward certificates to use. Used both in one purchase with no problem. Picked up a mislabeled Steam Link for $35 before discounts. :)

Just putting this here. Had 2 $5 GS reward certificates to use. Used both in one purchase with no problem. Picked up a mislabeled Steam Link for $35 before discounts. :)
Curious. Of course, Steam Link was on sale for $35 recently, but I've never heard of two coupons of the same value working concurrently. I wonder if it had anything to do with the fact that they're auto-redeeming now. Like, if an auto-redeemed one somehow scans differently than a manually redeemed one. We'll have to experiment. Use two different $50s at once.

At my home store where they started IDing, I was told by the store manager that ALL gift cards etc can not be bought with trade credit etc, only cash/debit/credit. Will check another store today

That would suck if I couldn't buy chipotle gift cards with trade credit .... i was hoping the restaurant cards would be safe. Thanks for reporting guys.

Everyone being 'told' that trade credit can't be used, did you try using credit on them? If they still work then it's fine all until the final moment where they block it on the system.

My store just started IDing so it's probably Very ymmv but just thought I'd give a heads up if you're in north jersey

Also DS4 is 27.50 base

Traded 3 at once and got a preorder for cod

I had some issues buying BB gc from paypal digital. I tried removed all methods of payment except for one cc like someone mentioned last week but still can't make the purchase. Some help please?

I was only buying $100 bb with 2 $50 ebay gc.

I had some issues buying BB gc from paypal digital. I tried removed all methods of payment except for one cc like someone mentioned last week but still can't make the purchase. Some help please?

I was only buying $100 bb with 2 $50 ebay gc.
Did you try calling paypal??

My store just started IDing so it's probably Very ymmv but just thought I'd give a heads up if you're in north jersey

Also DS4 is 27.50 base

Traded 3 at once and got a preorder for cod
did you get charged the full $59.99? The guy at my store says I have to pay the whole thing because of the bonus. I call BS.

At my home store where they started IDing, I was told by the store manager that ALL gift cards etc can not be bought with trade credit etc, only cash/debit/credit. Will check another store today

This made me remember to mention. When I went Friday, my store was now asking for ID for trade ins but not to type the ID # in. They were checking to see if name on PUR account is actually you. So I'm guessing that store will reject anyone who uses a PUR card that their actual name isn't tied to.

I was trading in something and some other random person and the employee that was ringing him up asked for it and the manager that did my trade in. I've had to give my ID at some stores because they needed it to finish the trade in but never just to check to make sure account belonged to me.

As for the second part, I bought an ebay card straight from the manager and she didn't say anything. Still good on that front.

well got a $300 ebay GC and got $18 ebay bucks after buying BB GCs. Just have to go back and cancel the preorder and get the $60 back. And Iceland won.
Couldnt believe the fuckers couldn't beat Iceland. The whole of Iceland probably makes less that the likes of Rooney, Kane & Vardy put together. Iceholes!

Nice, thank I printed out a copy of page 4 just in case they say anything although it should be automatic but whatevs. I'm going to go pick up some copies of tomb raider from BB and flip some credit over. Any other flips people have come across? I checked the games on sale at BB and some others but I haven't found anything else yet.

They removed Bravely Default (physical, not digital) from their website? That's a weird one to remove.
Also Pokemon white 2, soul silver, and heart gold.
I think they're doing some sort of update as opposed to removing the games as the Pokemon games are fairly plentiful.

As for the second part, I bought an ebay card straight from the manager and she didn't say anything. Still good on that front.
So there is hope until that theoretical 7/24 date arrives and the system won't let you use trade credit. So in my case, to confirm, it was the store manager who wouldn't ring it up, not the system rejecting the Ebay GC purchase. They got a memo indicating to not allow trade credit for Ebay, Amazon, BP gas card and the prepaid Visas. So the takeaway is do it now before they update the system software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back