GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Visited my local store and was told that the Vanilla Visa Gift Cards cannot be bought using trade credit.  The associate said he tried earlier and it didn't work.  

I picked up a $140 eBay card with no issue, however.

I'm going back today to try on the Visa Cards.  I want to see if the point of sale software will shoot down my method of payment, or if the associate was blowing smoke.

It's going to drop to $40 MSRP in 2-3 weeks. I'd hold off and pick up a used copy then.
Yeah, it normally drops to $40 at the All Star Break. But it's $31.94 used (PUR price), and the coupon Bobby and Spooge referenced just says "save $20 on MLB 16 for PS4". Doesn't specify new or used. So if I can get the game down to $11.94, that'll be the cheapest it'll go for a long time.

Coupon probably won't work though, in which case I'll hold off. But somebody has to try it!

Visited my local store and was told that the Vanilla Visa Gift Cards cannot be bought using trade credit. The associate said he tried earlier and it didn't work.

I picked up a $140 eBay card with no issue, however.

I'm going back today to try on the Visa Cards. I want to see if the point of sale software will shoot down my method of payment, or if the associate was blowing smoke.
So to make this clear again. The pos will likely allow it but we have been told by corporate that you can only use cash or debit to pay for a visa gift card. There was training on this as well. You might be able to slip it by an employee but if you do you're going to cost someone their job.

So to make this clear again. The pos will likely allow it but we have been told by corporate that you can only use cash or debit to pay for a visa gift card. There was training on this as well. You might be able to slip it by an employee but if you do you're going to cost someone their job.
Ahh...I'm definitely not going to do that to someone.

I must have missed your prior comments on this, Deader. Sorry, man.

Can someone refresh me on the actual base trade-in value of an xbo power adapter? I've gone back about 40 pages and I can't find it.

Also, is that DS4 coupon a generic code? Because ever since i renewed none of the pro coupons have shown in my active offers
Receipt from June 25th shows 30.00 before bonuses.

*edit* In the future, if you see a valued increased by a promo bump, instead of scouring through 40 pages of posts, simply divide the increased value by the sum of the bonus. Here, there was a 1.6 multiplier (50% bonus and 10% PUR) so 48 / 1.6 = 30.

If they are so adamant about not letting people buy visa gift cards with trade credit that they would fire employees, why do they not update the POS? Is that really so hard to do?

I'mma try this afternoon. The ones closest to me this morning don't have any used copies :(
Same here. I wish a closer store had one, because I'm sure I'm already going to be on an amped up warpath trying to return this gutted copy of 7 Days that they never bothered to put a seal on.

If they are so adamant about not letting people buy visa gift cards with trade credit that they would fire employees, why do they not update the POS? Is that really so hard to do?
Seeing as how it would be a change (however minor) to the POS system of thousands of stores, I'm sure that if they are making a change they are being ultra careful testing it. That's assuming the change IS easy to do (it sounds easy but you never know). We wouldn't want another Best Buy RewardZone fiasco on our hands...

I never would expect them to deliberately give you a coupon so you can get a game for about 12$ that trades in for 22$.
But the coupon doesn't say you can't so I'mma try.
I bet it won't work automatically, but since it is worded vaguely the GS employee might be compelled to manually override the price if it doesn't work. Similar to the coupon for The Order: 1886 and how it didn't say it wouldn't work on the various collector's editions but had to be overridden to make it work.

Far cry and rainbow six dropped $4 in trade value each to $14 and $13 respectively

Edit: last of us remastered which would also have been a good boomerang droped to $8 from $10

Far cry and rainbow six dropped $4 in trade value each to $14 and $13 respectively

Edit: last of us remastered which would also have been a good boomerang droped to $8 from $10
That's why I bought and traded in the games I wanted to flip/keep yesterday. They even said it was a good idea to get them since they might sell out of the recent releases. My store has no problems doing a return and rebuy for a B2G1.

Well they did go on sale.... I'd imagine they will go back up in TIV another $2-$3 next week when the sale is over.
Yeah, I was just reporting for the sake of boomeranging.

What I did was make a copy of your sheet, made a column for 2x cost of item and a column for 3x TIV of item and sorted by trade percentage then. Its pretty thin on options. I did the same for accessories and its much better there.

can anybody tell me if the b2g1 preowned product promotion can be applied towards consoles ? i dont see anywhere that it says that i cant , but just want to confirm before i go to my local store

can anybody tell me if the b2g1 preowned product promotion can be applied towards consoles ? i dont see anywhere that it says that i cant , but just want to confirm before i go to my local store
It doesn't start till the 1st if your a power up pro member. I would say try it online or call your store once it starts to check.

Also in relation to the ad, all skylanders superchargers individual character and vehicle packs are 4.99. With the 20% off new guarantee, used versions of those packs will be 3.99, and almost all of them boomerang for 3 or 4 bucks back after b2g1

Edit: the hard part is, unlike when games go on sale now, the preowned price has not automatically adjusted, so they would all need to be adjusted at the register.

Yeah, I was just reporting for the sake of boomeranging.

What I did was make a copy of your sheet, made a column for 2x cost of item and a column for 3x TIV of item and sorted by trade percentage then. Its pretty thin on options. I did the same for accessories and its much better there.
Why not 1 extra column ( Cost per Item * 2 ) / 3 ?

I'm assuming most people will buy same price items to flip.

MLB success! Got it for 13.94$ before tax.

Of course the only place that had it was the sketchiest part of town. Long story short, at first the guy wasn't going to give it to me- the computer side of things said the "coupon condition was buying new" even though it didn't specify on my end.

He looked up if it would be cheaper to buy new or used and I might have asked again about the coupon. The store manager next to him asked if it was in my email and I said no it was in the app. He went ahead and said to go ahead and give it to me, that he would email "them" about it later. Good luck ymmv.

Why not 1 extra column ( Cost per Item * 2 ) / 3 ?
I'm assuming most people will buy same price items to flip.
That gives you the relative cost of each item when buying 3, i dont know how thats any different than just looking in the PUR price column when you want to buy different titles at the same price level

That gives you the relative cost of each item when buying 3, i dont know how thats any different than just looking in the PUR price column when you want to buy different titles at the same price level
PUR price is before the B2G1 promo. I would need to know the relative cost per item before I go ahead and decide to flip them. So for example if you bought three DS4 at $52.99 a piece, it would be $47.69 a piece after PUR and $31.79 a piece after the B2G1 (before tax) and they flip for $35.75 a piece if prices hold.

does anyone have a $50 xbox coupon they wanna trade for a 20% off a game coupon? I also have a 50% extra trade in coupon in my offers, is that a one use code?

My main GameStop has finally stopped allowing trade credit to be used on eBay and whatnot. Sad day, I'll have to go to a different store now :(
Well that sucks. I wonder how long it'll take before all the stores get effected. Sad day. :( Well it was fun while it lasted. Not really a trade in stuff now at least for me. I don't have a Chipotle or a Shell around me either so that would be pointless to get.

PUR price is before the B2G1 promo. I would need to know the relative cost per item before I go ahead and decide to flip them. So for example if you bought three DS4 at $52.99 a piece, it would be $47.69 a piece after PUR and $31.79 a piece after the B2G1 (before tax) and they flip for $35.75 a piece if prices hold.
But I just compare totals, so the cost of buying 3 controllers is 95.38, and the trade in total for 3 is 107.25. So the ratio of 95.38 to 107.25 is the same as 31.79 to 35.75.

The reason i prefer the totals is because i can see before i go what i have to spend, and what i will get back from a total purchase.

But I just compare totals, so the cost of buying 3 controllers is 95.38, and the trade in total for 3 is 107.25. So the ratio of 95.38 to 107.25 is the same as 31.79 to 35.75.

The reason i prefer the totals is because i can see before i go what i have to spend, and what i will get back from a total purchase.
Ok now I get it.

RB6 is $26 used isn't it? But only brings is $14 TC correct? So it would cost $52 for 3 and then you would only get back $42 irrc.

I just bought a $200 eBay and a $50 eshop card. When he scanned my power up rewards he looked at it odd because his screen froze. It finally unfroze but he thought it was strange.

RB6 is $26 used isn't it? But only brings is $14 TC correct? So it would cost $52 for 3 and then you would only get back $42 irrc.
Its 23.84 each after pur pro, 47.68 total. Trades in for 16.90 each after pur pro and 20% bonus when trading towards lego star wars, division dlc, or htc vive, so 50.70 total. Net gain of 3.02.

Its 23.84 each after pur pro, 47.68 total. Trades in for 16.90 each after pur pro and 20% bonus when trading towards lego star wars, division dlc, or htc vive, so 50.70 total. Net gain of 3.02.
Ahh got you. Thank you, I wasn't 100% sure how the deal worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back