GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
You've been here a couple times now, so surely you've seen multiple people warning against trading coupons? They're tied to your account and it's a great way to get it banned.

You've been here a couple times now, so surely you've seen multiple people warning against trading coupons? They're tied to your account and it's a great way to get it banned.
This is incorrect information. The banning only happens if you use $5, $10, $15.00 etc off type coupons that arent attached to your account. Also for the account to disappear you literally need to use over 3 per day in a 2-3 days period. Let's say you use 9-10 coupons in a 2-3 day span then you go back on the fourth day and your account will more than likely disappear. If you use 1-2 that aren't your own over a week nothing happens at all. Another important note is the account isn't banned. The account just disappears. You can waste the $15.00 on a brand new account with all the same information and still do trade ins. It's good to know this information but it's also important to share it correctly. If you want to use other peoples coupons go ahead, but just be conscious of gs bs.

This is incorrect information. The banning only happens if you use $5, $10, $15.00 etc off type coupons that arent attached to your account. Also for the account to disappear you literally need to use over 3 per day in a 2-3 days period. Let's say you use 9-10 coupons in a 2-3 day span then you go back on the fourth day and your account will more than likely disappear. If you use 1-2 that aren't your own over a week nothing happens at all. Another important note is the account isn't banned. The account just disappears. You can waste the $15.00 on a brand new account with all the same information and still do trade ins. It's good to know this information but it's also important to share it correctly. If you want to use other peoples coupons go ahead, but just be conscious of gs bs.
Thanks for this info. I've used that type of coupon a few times this year from my other accounts onto my main account. I was just thinking about doing this with my wife's account coming up because she has about 70k now.

Are you sure about that? I don't have any experience with it myself but I recall a poster here saying he was given a coupon for trade bonus which he used to rack up hundreds of dollars in additional credit, though I'll admit I don't remember the specifics in this case. I should have been more clear - when I say "ban", I meant all your PUR points are wiped. I didn't mean to imply that you would lose any credit stored on your account.

In case guys in the thread haven't seen the other thread, there is another $15 off $75 coupon for eBay. Jut used it for $75 BB gift card. Code: CruiseN2Summer

Got denied on the MLB coupon.  Pretty shitty to not state these stipulations on the coupon, regardless that people have pointed out it not being the first time.

Did a survey to voice my satisfaction, but I didn't burn the CSR, since he was just doing his job.

Are you sure about that? I don't have any experience with it myself but I recall a poster here saying he was given a coupon for trade bonus which he used to rack up hundreds of dollars in additional credit, though I'll admit I don't remember the specifics in this case. I should have been more clear - when I say "ban", I meant all your PUR points are wiped. I didn't mean to imply that you would lose any credit stored on your account.
I am sure from my own experience. When GS had the 50% trade in bonus then the extra $10 for every 2 ps4 and xbox one coupons I used 5-6 of those coupons in a week for each promotion on one account and nothing happened. However, I have used 9-10 of the $25, $10, and $5.00 coupon on my sister's account in a brief period and the account disappeared. She definitely wasn't banned though as when she went in to do a trade in, the account was just not coming up whatsoever in their system. It had vanished. So she had to create a new account, all the information was exactly the same, and did a trade in with no issues. This was a few months ago. I'm presuming due to my coupon abuse on her account LP made it go poof. But I can definitely confirm she wasn't banned whatsoever. She also did a trade in over the weekend with no issues on the same account.

I think it's important to note the different types of coupons: the ones you redeem with PUR points, the monthly PUR coupons, and the free ones Gamestop gives out periodically, like the 20% off preowned item last week and $50 off Xbox One this week.

The Xbox One coupon was not given out to all PUR members. The 20% off preowned item was, if I'm not mistaken. They've given the 20% off coupon multiple times now, and it was always rescinded earlier than the expiration date if you didn't download or print it. The Xbox One coupon explicitly states "Offer only valid for recipients of this email." Now, if you're saying they won't enforce that, that's plausible. I don't have any way of knowing one way or the other if they do or don't, but I'm going to assume they do enforce it since it's in the terms and conditions and it's limited to certain customers. I would advise others to do the same, but they're certainly free to do as they wish with their coupons.

I got the 50% trade coupon. Just used it, and the junior detective said, he has never seen it. Asked how I got it. Used the credit to buy a ebay card.

Out of curiosity, did anyone who got the Xbox coupon own an Xbox already? Wondering if they're targeting people without a history of purchasing Xbox merchandise.

I have not got one but I just purchased an elite from GS and usually buy X1 games.

Out of curiosity, did anyone who got the Xbox coupon own an Xbox already? Wondering if they're targeting people without a history of purchasing Xbox merchandise.

I have not got one but I just purchased an elite from GS and usually buy X1 games.
I bought an XBOX for my kids earlier this year and I still get the coupon. I also buy XBOX games every once in a while. I'm going to be using the coupon today to get the Spring bundle for myself.

My 20% B-day coupon is back.
Thank you for reminding me. This might come in handy if I can't find 3 similarly priced games. It still works that way right? For example, if I buy a $52.99 game and two $19.99 games, I'll get 20% off of the $52.99 game and a $19.99 game free.

Also, thank you for depressing the shit out of me making me realize that soon I only have a couple more years to enjoy my twenties. #BdayDepression #B2G1GamesWillFillTheVoid :D

Thank you for reminding me. This might come in handy if I can't find 3 similarly priced games. It still works that way right? For example, if I buy a $52.99 game and two $19.99 games, I'll get 20% off of the $52.99 game and a $19.99 game free.

Also, thank you for depressing the shit out of me making me realize that soon I only have a couple more years to enjoy my twenties. #BdayDepression #B2G1GamesWillFillTheVoid :D
I wouldn't go into that transaction blindly, make sure to talk it over with the employee before you both pull the trigger.

Whippersnapper. :D

Flier in store today advertising summer sale starting 7.11, all pre-owned 360, ps3, wii, wii u, ds, and 3ds games 15% off when you buy 3 or more. Free pre-owned wii u game with purchase of pre-owned wii u.

And b2g3 skylanders is good thru the end of august, so i will definitely be flipping those tomorrow. 20% less guarantee is plastered all over the front door, they damn well better honor it.

And most these b2g3 superchargers are 3.25 base, so trading in 5 with 20% is 21.13 for a cost of 7.98 if you get them to honor 20% less than new.

Edit: or 19.50 for the same cost if the base is 3.00

Lol I think someone in the CE thread just added him to their ignore list though :p
About time too! ;) #1000posts

Oops I forgot to add you ... I kid. No you and I are good.

I just forgot you pointed that out a couple of days ago. Thanks for confirming. No coupon for me :(
To be fair, I had to dig pretty deep to find my first post. :D

And most these b2g3 superchargers are 3.25 base, so trading in 5 with 20% is 21.13 for a cost of 7.98 if you get them to honor 20% less than new.

Edit: or 19.50 for the same cost if the base is 3.00
Wait how does this work? I go to gamestop and buy 5 superchargers for 7.98 and then I can trade them in for 21.13?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back