GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently so, I rarely see her at the store but she can be a real ass-hat sometimes.

A long time ago she was hessitant on taking one of my returns and told me I wouldn't be able to return a new item since it was past 7 days even though I was well within my return window and called her out on it, she had also accused me of doing excessive returns which was not entirely true, I had made some but I wouldn't call it excessive. She also offered (threatened?) to give me store credit for future returns regardless of the original tender.

Keep in mind, this was before my flippin days so now I just stick to trade credit lol. Kinda want to burn her on a survey...

Does this merit one? Survey says:
I would. From what I've read she's incredibly hostile. Just imagine the crap she pulls on regular customers who dont know any better.

Don't like people that (may or may not) abuse the system? There are internal ways to handle it. Even if a customer is an asshole, the person is still a customer and at the end of the day that's all Gamestop cares about. This shit isn't personal, so it's really annoying when some minimum wage earner thinks they'll win brownie points by jr. detective-ing every person that walks in the door. 

Since she made it personal, I say go ahead and respond in kind. Burn her. 

So, yesterday I went to GS to do a few trade-ins and I purchased 6 DS games. Told the clerk that I would be doing 2 separate transactions (in order to get 2 free games).

Bitch don't know about my boomerang!
So if you buy 6 only 1 is free? I think I remember buying 6 things during one of the b2g1 sales and 2 free ringing up automatically. I could be wrong though, it was quite a while ago.

From the look of things, I might give her one of these:

neosporin.jpg

So if you buy 6 only 1 is free? I think I remember buying 6 things during one of the b2g1 sales and 2 free ringing up automatically. I could be wrong though, it was quite a while ago.
Well, I mainly did two separate transactions just to make sure, wanted to play it safe. In addition, 3 games were $18/ea and the other 3 were $36/ea

Hey CAGs, I've been a lurker here for a while but I've just recently started getting in to flipping/trading games.

I bought 2 copies of Deadpool, PS4 and X1, and went into a local Gamestop to try and trade them in. The guy working there refused to take them, saying that Gamestop can't take Redbox games because "too many people were buying games from Redbox and selling them to Gamestop, and then Redbox sued Gamestop". It all sounded like he was just making stuff up to not take my trade in. I even offered to show him the receipt saying that I own the games, didn't rent them, and he still refused my trade.

Is Gamestop taking in Redbox games a YMMV deal? A different Gamestop took them, no questions asked, and were actually really friendly about it. I'm just peeved because it's not my closest store.

They take them that was just a lame employee. Use a hairdryer to heat up the glue then peel off the redbox sticker on the inner ring. They will be none the wiser.

They take them that was just a lame employee. Use a hairdryer to heat up the glue then peel off the redbox sticker on the inner ring. They will be none the wiser.
Thanks for the tip, I had thought about removing the stickers but an employee on the phone prior had said stickers were fine. The other Gamestop took them as they were, she said that they come through pretty frequently and they don't worry about the stickers much.

This would be my first GS survey and had a couple of questions before I submit it:

-Do I risk getting my account activity looked up upon? Reason I'm asking is because I've traded in multiples of several games within the last 2 months and don't want to shoot myself on the foot.  :shame:

-Does a receipt survey weight more than a non-receipt anonymous one? In case I might opt on submitting a non-receipt one.

Any tips are greatly appreciated.

We've come full circle.

Let it go buddy.

Listen sensitive Sally, if you think this is "offensive" I have some news for you, life is a lot worse out there. So why don't you pull up your dress and move on. By the way you should move your tampon dispenser near the bathroom you identify with.

Give it a rest.

Let it go buddy.

Listen sensitive Sally, if you think this is "offensive" I have some news for you, life is a lot worse out there. So why don't you pull up your dress and move on. By the way you should move your tampon dispenser near the bathroom you identify with.

Give it a rest.
So edgy.

Question for those who got their account deleted and points lost Ban:

Are you still receiving your Game Informer magazines?   I was pretty surprised to get the Iron Destiny one.  Figured I'd be cut off from those too

And just a FYI, when buying 6(or more) games with a B2G1 promotion, the computer automatically groups the liked price games together and gives you the correct game for free.   No need to do separate transactions.   Years ago, I remember hearing that the fewer transactions GS employees do, the better their performance scores are.  That's why they always try to do everything in one transaction (trades, return, purchase).

People constantly post about the surveys... but what is the end result for the employee? If I give good feedback what happens? If I give bad feedback what happens?

People constantly post about the surveys... but what is the end result for the employee? If I give good feedback what happens? If I give bad feedback what happens?
If you give something really bad and allow them to contact you, the manager can contact you and try to help you out by offering something. They need their stores to do well, so a really bad review is likely to get you some kind of contact from the employee or upper management.

A good survey helps the store and the employees numbers. A good survey being one where everything is the highest score and you say yes to everything.

I know the surveys are really short, but it's still hard for me to do them - even for the employees I like.   I have every intention of doing so, but it like feels like homework given to me when I'm the one spending my money.  Why do I want to keep doing shit for a simple transaction, let me just buy my shit and leave me alone lol

Now, if there was a tablet with the survey loaded up by the checkouts when it's taking them 10 mins to rig me up, I'd probably fill it out every single time.   

I know the surveys are really short, but it's still hard for me to do them - even for the employees I like. I have every intention of doing so, but it like feels like homework given to me when I'm the one spending my money. Why do I want to keep doing shit for a simple transaction, let me just buy my shit and leave me alone lol

Now, if there was a tablet with the survey loaded up by the checkouts when it's taking them 10 mins to rig me up, I'd probably fill it out every single time.
but come on man...you could win a 100 dollar gamestop gift card!.....or is it 500? either way!

Apparently gs sent out a memo saying that stores were not hitting their refurbished fee quota. So they are actively giving refurbished fees for minor scratched items and to consoles. Anyone experience this.

Apparently gs sent out a memo saying that stores were not hitting their refurbished fee quota. So they are actively giving refurbished fees for minor scratched items and to consoles. Anyone experience this.
Me, on the only actual "used" game I traded in. I knew that that refurb fee was bullshit.

LOL, what a joke. It costs Gamestop money to ship all refurbs out and pay people in Texas to clean them. There has never been or is a refurb quota.

LOL, what a joke. It costs Gamestop money to ship all refurbs out and pay people in Texas to clean them. There has never been or is a refurb quota.
Actually the refurb process is a joke. Spitting on a disc and sending it back out to a store or the customer doesn't count as refurbishing. :p

Actually the refurb process is a joke. Spitting on a disc and sending it back out to a store or the customer doesn't count as refurbishing. :p
Don't get me wrong their process is shit. It really only works well on 360 games. On a Blu-ray or Wii U disc most never work again.

I think it's more of a convenience for the customer. Less money for the trade but they can still buy something to make the company money. Plus there is a chance that they can clean it.

Please, we all know most of them never leave the store and the process of refurbing is getting one of those black cases out and printing a cover.

Two different stores told me the same thing since im very friendly with them. Believe what you want but feel free to ask about the memo. Maybe it was only my district, maybe not.

I'll be sure to check GSO and the store email tomorrow.
It's legit. My team was "reminded" of the importance of refurbing shit. We've been guilty of not refurbing enough so we need to refurb more.

We just hit the thieves with refurb fees on the stolen shit and be done with it. They complain, we retort with something along the lines of "well since its brand new but it has no case we probably shouldn't take it". They fold every time

It's legit. My team was "reminded" of the importance of refurbing shit. We've been guilty of not refurbing enough so we need to refurb more.

We just hit the thieves with refurb fees on the stolen shit and be done with it. They complain, we retort with something along the lines of "well since its brand new but it has no case we probably shouldn't take it". They fold every time

I guess you could say, there's no honor among thieves.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back