GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Signing up for the Credit Card and buying PS4. Signing up gets you 15,000 last time I checked (if you are PURPRO). Plus, you get double points if you that ps4, almost 30k. You would return the PS4 after using the points of course hahaha
Haha, but no one is stupid enough to sign up for their credit card

Haha, but no one is stupid enough to sign up for their credit card
If only that were true.
Actually I will probably do it just for the points. I don't believe it is a "hard credit check." Even if it is, my FICO credit score is almost the max (I've never been late on a payment, so it must be too much usable credit/actual credit used ratio).

As long as you never keep a balance, I don't see the harm in it.

I might wait to see if they give a better promo...I'll have to research to see if they ever had a better promo.

The most interesting sentence is: "Exclusive cardholder offers". I wonder if they give coupons or bonus points if you buy certain items.

Actually I will probably do it just for the points. I don't believe it is a "hard credit check." Even if it is, my FICO credit score is almost the max (I've never been late on a payment, so it must be too much usable credit/actual credit used ratio).

I might wait to see if they give a better promo...I'll have to research to see if they ever had a better promo.

The most interesting sentence is: "Exclusive cardholder offers". I wonder if they give coupons or bonus points if you buy certain items.
In short, they do.

More credit card you hold the worst your credit score will be...

Best to sign up and cancel the card after the 2nd month

Why not just buy and flip, you can quickly get points through that...  Use the BD coupons buy and flip back its the quickest way to earn points

Why not just buy and flip, you can quickly get points through that... Use the BD coupons buy and flip back its the quickest way to earn points
Not really. Has more to do with how many you open in a amount of time. Cancelling cards is worse.

I assume most CAGs are money/credit/investment savvy adults that do not take this kind of utterly false information serious.
better than those people who paid with cash most of their life. credit cards are the best/easiest way to build up your credit, just paid the min balance like i do

Do you even know what the max is? how do you quote "max" w/o a hard #. All CC app will require a hard pull. There are way better options out there. take a few min to search.

Not trying to attack you, but come on man, do not promote this type this bs from gamestop.

Why not just buy and flip, you can quickly get points through that... Use the BD coupons buy and flip back its the quickest way to earn points
actually, the more credit you have avail.. the better your fico score.

I can't believe what some people say about credit score information. it almost pissed me off but then I remembered idgaf. Proceed and register for many cc for those of you dead set on this. If a friendly cag are trying to educate you and you won't listen, go home and perform felaticio on yourself.

The guy asked me about this yesterday, but on the pos screen it showed something about the "officer Wilson memorial fund"
Yeah, that was for the family of the police officer who was killed at a Gamestop in PA during a botched robbery attempt. I linked about it awhile back.

Do you even know what the max is? how do you quote "max" w/o a hard #. All CC app will require a hard pull. There are way better options out there. take a few min to search.

Not trying to attack you, but come on man, do not promote this type this bs from gamestop.
I used to run credit at one of my old jobs. We didn't go by FICO because that was a "newer" method. I was trying to keep it vague...

My FICO score is over 800 (as of February according to discover and whatever company/avg they use) out of 850 max. I've never been late on a payment and I have over $30,000 in credit available across different cards.

The only reason my score is not 850 is because either I do not (ever) carry a balance or because the amount of credit I use out of my amount available is not enough. Since the method is not public knowledge for how FICO is calculated, that I what I can narrow it down to.

I've had all of my credit cards for over whatever time the report goes back to (I think it is 9 years currently?), but my cards are all 12 years old or more. The only other thing I can think of, is I have never had a mortgage, car, or school loan since I paid for all of those with cash.

It is my understanding that if you are pre-approved they did a soft pull already, so when you get the card it does not require a hard pull, but I could be wrong.

My credit score in theory should be perfect, but obviously there is something with the method they use that makes it "drop". I'm pretty sure it is how much debt/available credit ratio because the whole point of credit cards is for the company to make money off of debt.

The only other thing I can think of, is I have never had a mortgage, car, or school loan since I paid for all of those with cash.
That's the puzzle piece missing. Having an installment loan of some kind shows that you can manage different kinds of debt.

You can get a pretty good score on just credit cards and a good usage percentage, though. Rarely worth it to get a loan just to improve your score, especially if already high.

That's the puzzle piece missing. Having an installment loan of some kind shows that you can manage different kinds of debt.

You can get a pretty good score on just credit cards and a good usage percentage, though. Rarely worth it to get a loan just to improve your score, especially if already high.
while that is true, for those without credit cards for whatever reason, the only way to build a credit is through loans.

I can't believe what some people say about credit score information. it almost pissed me off but then I remembered idgaf. Proceed and register for many cc for those of you dead set on this. If a friendly cag are trying to educate you and you won't listen, go home and perform felaticio on yourself.
there is only so many credit cards out there with good rewards/promotions. plus, i only deal with certain banks/ retailers issued cards, due to personal experience. like chase/citi/discover/ amex

So I went to preorder battlefront with a copy of NBA2k15 on PS4 and on Xbone. They guy said I could only trade 1 in because it is the same game. I explained I am a trophy hunter and they have different UPC codes and he said that is GS policy. Anyone know if this is true?

So I went to preorder battlefront with a copy of NBA2k15 on PS4 and on Xbone. They guy said I could only trade 1 in because it is the same game. I explained I am a trophy hunter and they have different UPC codes and he said that is GS policy. Anyone know if this is true?
Sounds like a misinterpretation of their policies. I've traded in the same title on different consoles at the same time before and never had a problem. Two copies of the same game on the same console, however, will get you shot down at most Gamestops.

Sounds like a misinterpretation of their policies. I've traded in the same title on different consoles at the same time before and never had a problem. Two copies of the same game on the same console, however, will get you shot down at most Gamestops.
Yeah it doesn't make sense. He is getting 1s on the survey. I already have his DM's number, but this store has been a PITA for a long time.

Only had someone reject me for that line of BS once.

I just went to another store and traded the games(JD4 for Wii/360/PS3 iirc) in there.

But yeah, total misinterpretation of policy.

hmmm i guess trade in is live for retro games, saw a pic on instagram of a guy trading in DKC and DKC 2 and other games

checked the mobile app and didn't see any for retro games, wonder when we will get a list or etc for every game D:

hmmm i guess trade in is live for retro games, saw a pic on instagram of a guy trading in DKC and DKC 2 and other games

checked the mobile app and didn't see any for retro games, wonder when we will get a list or etc for every game D:
It's been live for a couple of weeks now, but just in the Birmingham and NY markets. That's also the reason it's not on the app, b/c it's limited to two markets.

We need old school help of CAG's in those areas to give us quotes, but just about any CAG is not going to trade in any retro stuff to GS when they can make more money selling it themselves.

Anyone who trades in any type of quality retro games that are working to GS is showing poor judgment at best and idiotic at worst (barring some IMMEDIATE need to have cash now.)

DKC 1/2 both go for about $20 on Amazon cart only. After AZ fees you could probably clear around $30. I seriously doubt GS gave that guy 1/2 of that for those two games.

Now I use GS more than most CAG's and even though I don't trade much in anymore in my trading prime I never begrudged people trading into GS unless it was some OoP game (usually a JRPG) worth big money, because the values are always going to drop so get the best deal you can and keep the train going in trading games you don't want (or will rebuy at cheap prices if already played) to fund new purchases.

The issue here though is the retro market isn't going anywhere but up, unless people flood GS with fake NES/SNES carts as Pat the NES Punk has been talking about showing up on EBay on his podcast for the last year plus. Maybe I'm spoiled in STL but there's plenty of places to trade retro games in this area to get similar stuff you were going to buy at GS or they do cash also depending on their sales that day.

Now if you're going to offload old NES's that don't work like Pat is then fine, but don't give GS quality retro games and expect to get even a decent return.

On one hand I am a little worried that this will make older games even harder to find, but I like the idea of buying them with credit (assuming they are reasonably priced). Who knows the selection they will have though; I doubt we will be seeing a bunch of RPGS and valuable titles on the site.

It's been live for a couple of weeks now, but just in the Birmingham and NY markets. That's also the reason it's not on the app, b/c it's limited to two markets.

We need old school help of CAG's in those areas to give us quotes, but just about any CAG is not going to trade in any retro stuff to GS when they can make more money selling it themselves.

Anyone who trades in any type of quality retro games that are working to GS is showing poor judgment at best and idiotic at worst (barring some IMMEDIATE need to have cash now.)

DKC 1/2 both go for about $20 on Amazon cart only. After AZ fees you could probably clear around $30. I seriously doubt GS gave that guy 1/2 of that for those two games.

Now I use GS more than most CAG's and even though I don't trade much in anymore in my trading prime I never begrudged people trading into GS unless it was some OoP game (usually a JRPG) worth big money, because the values are always going to drop so get the best deal you can and keep the train going in trading games you don't want (or will rebuy at cheap prices if already played) to fund new purchases.

The issue here though is the retro market isn't going anywhere but up, unless people flood GS with fake NES/SNES carts as Pat the NES Punk has been talking about showing up on EBay on his podcast for the last year plus. Maybe I'm spoiled in STL but there's plenty of places to trade retro games in this area to get similar stuff you were going to buy at GS or they do cash also depending on their sales that day.

Now if you're going to offload old NES's that don't work like Pat is then fine, but don't give GS quality retro games and expect to get even a decent return.
Take a look here: https://www.reddit.com/r/GameStop/comments/33tj46/retro_trades/

While I cannot comment on if those values are indeed correct, it seems like there is not a terrible loss at this point. I'm wondering if GS is giving a decent bit of credit out in the beginning to bring in a lot of trades to help get a large surplus. Also, I can't seem to remember where I saw this, but I swear I read GS is giving $25 credit for a PS1 as well. $30 for a Dreamcast ain't bad. It's easy, no need to ship anything... But again, these prices could be incorrect.

Take a look here: https://www.reddit.com/r/GameStop/comments/33tj46/retro_trades/

While I cannot comment on if those values are indeed correct, it seems like there is not a terrible loss at this point. I'm wondering if GS is giving a decent bit of credit out in the beginning to bring in a lot of trades to help get a large surplus. Also, I can't seem to remember where I saw this, but I swear I read GS is giving $25 credit for a PS1 as well. $30 for a Dreamcast ain't bad. It's easy, no need to ship anything... But again, these prices could be incorrect.
Yeah another CAG posted some system values and those were pretty decent. I was more ranting about the games. I'll check the Reddit link you gave.

Edit: $30 GS credit for FF 3 or sell it myself for about $60 online and net close to $50? I'll still go online. Also interesting GS is only taking certain games with everything else being rejected or only getting 5 cents.

I've got a b2g1 @ BB to use as well as a 50% guides and $5 off 29.99 (new) games coupons. Anyone have ideas on what to buy with them? I only have til tomorrow to use them. I checked the expensive games, but they aren't even a break even.

I've got a b2g1 @ BB to use as well as a 50% guides and $5 off 29.99 (new) games coupons. Anyone have ideas on what to buy with them? I only have til tomorrow to use them. I checked the expensive games, but they aren't even a break even.
I'm guessing that b2g1 is the used coupon right? Yeah...I threw that away since none of my BBYs had anything not only worthwhile but the prices are freakin' high to the point you'll almost miss Gamestop...almost.

As far as a guide? Grab a SSB CE if they're still around (and I think they are).

Any good BB to GS credit movers?  I have $300 BB credit I would rather turn into shell gas and kindle cards.  Really pisses me off BB stopped selling Kindle cards.

I read today they're finally bringing the magma red dualshock 4 to the states as a gamestop exclusive and it releases june 30th . I've been tempted to import one for a while now . It's going to be 65$ which is a whopping 1$ cheaper than I could have imported one for , though they have been going for 70$ plus lately. At least I can cash out a 50$ off coupon towards one . I've had nothing to spend pur points on since they got rid of steal of the weeks .

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back