GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
$5 bonus coupon is a generic code. Save the picture on the previous page to your phone and show it to the clerk and ask them to type it in.

I am personally confirming that it stacks with the 40% pokemon sun/moon boost.

Oh hats that bullshit. I traded some memory cards in today I could've used my coupon for. Dammit.

Oh, I got a pretty little invite from GameStop to join them for their Pro Day on November 12th in my mailbox today.

$3 Pokemon lanyard worked even though it was marked down for clearance. Thanks to whoever posted the $5 coupon code earlier. Stacked fine with the pokemon bonus.

So I could theoretically walk into my local GS, have the guy ring up a $4 pack of Pokemon cards, trade in my old PS4 controller toward the purchase, and flash him that EBC3053891 coupon pic to get $42.73 in credit? Sweet! 

I was considering selling my old PS4 controller as it's in like-new condition, but this is much quicker. Wonder if this works toward Pokemon plushies tho. I'd much rather grab that plush I've been wanting than a pack of Pokemon cards, even if the plush is more expensive lol.

So I could theoretically walk into my local GS, have the guy ring up a $4 pack of Pokemon cards, trade in my old PS4 controller toward the purchase, and flash him that EBC3053891 coupon pic to get $42.73 in credit? Sweet!

I was considering selling my old PS4 as it's in like-new condition, but this is much quicker. Wonder if this works toward Pokemon plushies tho. I'd much rather grab that plush I've been wanting than a pack of Pokemon cards, even if the plush is more expensive lol.
It says on the Facebook post games only but who knows. Also with the $5 boost it was sup post to be given out on pro day so it might just end on the 26th. There should be some Gamestop employees that can confirm this.

Yeah, I can't find that Facebook post or anything about collectibles working any on the internet other than here. Guess I'll try it out today and let you know.

Wait is the coupon for $5 off or $5 towards trades?

Also, can you use trade in credit towards eBay gift cards? I know other gift cards were axed but not sure about eBay cards.

Wait is the coupon for $5 off or $5 towards trades?

Also, can you use trade in credit towards eBay gift cards? I know other gift cards were axed but not sure about eBay cards.
Ebay w/trade credit was nuked last summer along with gas cards and visas. I think everything else is still fair game.

I actually already traded Titanfall 2 and tried showing them the Pro Day card that was posted here and I got denied on the spot, but was given one after saying I couldn't make it on Pro Day (which I actually couldn't)

I'm just gonna trade two other games to make up for that loss

So apparently when I returned my CoD: IW Legacy to a random Gamestop I was driving past, the employee cancelled my credit to my PUR card and applied it to a pre-order of Pokemon SUMO Dual Pack. I didn't even know until my local store called me saying I have a pre-order with them. I said I don't since I pre-ordered it from Amazon. I asked where was it made and it was the store I returned the game to. Luckily the manager called that store and cancelled the pre-order / put the credit onto a gift card for me.

I should call corporate on that store but I have no idea who applied the pre-order. Seriously Gamestop, not right. Happy they can deal with a cancelled pre-order at that store though.

So apparently when I returned my CoD: IW Legacy to a random Gamestop I was driving past, the employee cancelled my credit to my PUR card and applied it to a pre-order of Pokemon SUMO Dual Pack. I didn't even know until my local store called me saying I have a pre-order with them. I said I don't since I pre-ordered it from Amazon. I asked where was it made and it was the store I returned the game to. Luckily the manager called that store and cancelled the pre-order / put the credit onto a gift card for me.

I should call corporate on that store but I have no idea who applied the pre-order. Seriously Gamestop, not right. Happy they can deal with a cancelled pre-order at that store though.
Survey burning incoming......

But now I have $150 in credit total so using that to get a PS4 Pro instead of doing the Target deal since I'll save more with my credit.

Did you not end up with a receipt for the return/pre-order? If not, Dick Move Banner!

Did you not end up with a receipt for the return/pre-order? If not, Dick Move Banner!
Now that I think about it, I did not get a receipt back. I just looked for it along with my other receipts (yes, I'm one of those people that keeps all their receipts) and it's no where to be found. I should know better than to leave without one so my fault for that. Glad I was able to get my money back though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back