GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Was given out on pro day but is apparently a generic code that anyone can use over and over. Games have to have a base value of atleast $5, someone mentioned. I just showed them the code and the cashier typed it in, as I didn't have the physical coupon.

EBC3053891
Thanks for the info. One last question, do you get $5 per game as a bonus or do you just get a $5 bonus and thats it. I just did a $700+ trade in a couple of days ago and i would have gotten an extra $90 for my trade in with the code if it applied to every game. Id just like to know if i should slap or punch myself.

Thanks for the info. One last question, do you get $5 per game as a bonus or do you just get a $5 bonus and thats it. I just did a $700+ trade in a couple of days ago and i would have gotten an extra $90 for my trade in with the code if it applied to every game. Id just like to know if i should slap or punch myself.
Not sure on this as the other game I traded in had a base of $3. Someone will most likely let us know today so keep that glove ready lol

It's just $5 for one game that trades in for atleast $5 in store credit. Also you can get the 40% trade boost towards Pokémon collectibles if you don't want to worry about preordering.

Just wanted to say, thanks for the responses to my question back on page 800!  Now that I know those TiVs, I can plan accordingly for my next trip to Gamestop.

Friend that works there said it was in the marketing book. Maybe the Pokémon collectibles is over thought I saw an advertisement for it yesterday on the web though

Is the refurb fee for a PS4 trade in a flat fee or does it vary per reason? I'm looking to pick up a cheap PS4 controller off CL to use as the trade in controller which means the sticks will probably be worn.

I traded a bunch of shit in today and asked about putting $5 down on Pokemon to get the bump. She said I had to put the full value towards it. I knew that was probably bullshit, but whatever. I was getting about $200 in credit. She asked which version I wanted, and I said "It doesn't matter since I'm just gonna return it anyway."
While it would be nice if a Jr. Detective just banned you as mentioned , it's quite possible the Jr detective take it up with management and bring to their attention your blatant abuse of the system. Then maybe the overlords at GameStop decide that pitfallharry219 fucked it up for everyone and decide to not offer this type of promo anymore. Some employees are trying to impress their store leaders and would love to point out where they see the company losing money.
Where are all the Kongregate coupons? Gone. Because someone abused them?
Your abuse of the system will result in changes.
Don't be short sighted , Have a pleasant day.

Is the refurb fee for a PS4 trade in a flat fee or does it vary per reason? I'm looking to pick up a cheap PS4 controller off CL to use as the trade in controller which means the sticks will probably be worn.
Flat fee. they may have some cheap thumb stick covers you could buy to bypass that though.

Your question started out asking about the refurb fee for a console, but ended up asking about the refurb fee for a controller. :)

And yes, flat $50 fee.
Yeah I worded it poorly. Basically, I want to trade in my old PS4 because I got the Pro. I have the 20th anniversary controller though so I don't want to trade that in. I also like the new dualshock 4 so I want to keep that too.

I was planning on buying another PS4 controller for cheap off CL just to use to trade in with my old PS4 (since you need a controller). The cheap ones will likely have worn sticks though so I was wondering if the refurb fee would be $50 or a lower amount since it's the controller that has the issue. If it will be $50 then I'm better off either buying a controller through BF or just selling my console on CL.

Yeah I worded it poorly. Basically, I want to trade in my old PS4 because I got the Pro. I have the 20th anniversary controller though so I don't want to trade that in. I also like the new dualshock 4 so I want to keep that too.

I was planning on buying another PS4 controller for cheap off CL just to use to trade in with my old PS4 (since you need a controller). The cheap ones will likely have worn sticks though so I was wondering if the refurb fee would be $50 or a lower amount since it's the controller that has the issue. If it will be $50 then I'm better off either buying a controller through BF or just selling my console on CL.
If there is nothing wrong with the console itself I wouldn't worry about the refurb fee. At most, depending on how bad the controller's thumbsticks really are, they would have you buy some thumbstick covers and trade those in with the controller.

GameStop Facebook page just posted the 40% bonus for Pokémon sun and Moon as well as collectables through 11/17. So even though it's not on their site any more look like 40% for buying a pack of Pokémon cards is still live!

Now we just need a confirmation on which packs it works on as it seems that some trigger it and some don't based on replies last week.

GameStop Facebook page just posted the 40% bonus for Pokémon sun and Moon as well as collectables through 11/17. So even though it's not on their site any more look like 40% for buying a pack of Pokémon cards is still live!

Now we just need a confirmation on which packs it works on as it seems that some trigger it and some don't based on replies last week.
If no one responds today, I'll run a few transactions tomorrow morning to see what works.

sorry if I missed this since it was posted but does the $5 bonus code work for accessories such as a DS4?  Seems like the chatter only mentioned games, I didn't see anyone trade in an accessory I thought.

All GS refurb fees are a set amount depending on value of game, controller, or system.

Traded in a Gamecube and an extra controller. Guy hit me with a $2 refub fee. He said that all retro stuff gets a $2 fee per transaction because they have to ship it back, clean it up, and sell it on the internet. Anybody else had this happen? 

Traded in a Gamecube and an extra controller. Guy hit me with a $2 refub fee. He said that all retro stuff gets a $2 fee per transaction because they have to ship it back, clean it up, and sell it on the internet. Anybody else had this happen?
I haven't traded in any retro items but I'm more than sure that is not true.

I believe they do ship it back - but that doesn't mean that every item/transaction is tagged with a $2 refurb fee.

'Retro refurbished fee' should be applied to all retro items traded in but should equal $0.00

Employee sounds like a liar to me.

Ran to my local GameStop on my lunch break and checked it out the booster pack for Pokemon XY Evolutions did work just fine to get the 40% boost and I was able to use the $5 code from Pro Day on Saturday. Didn't have the actual coupon but the picture worked just fine and they were able to just enter the code. Since booster packs of Pokemon cards are on my daughter's Christmas list anyway that worked out just great for me.

I only tried one title which was Super Smash Brothers 3DS which ended up trading for $30.50 after the bonuses - 3.99 for the Pokemon cards = 26.50!

Fill out the survey and have the DM contact you. That employee is full of shit and just boosting numbers.

Ran to my local GameStop on my lunch break and checked it out the booster pack for Pokemon XY Evolutions did work just fine to get the 40% boost and I was able to use the $5 code from Pro Day on Saturday. Didn't have the actual coupon but the picture worked just fine and they were able to just enter the code. Since booster packs of Pokemon cards are on my daughter's Christmas list anyway that worked out just great for me.

I only tried one title which was Super Smash Brothers 3DS which ended up trading for $30.50 after the bonuses - 3.99 for the Pokemon cards = 26.50!
So you can get 40% for a Pokémon collectible?

Now that my Best Buy Pokemon Moon pre-order isn't scheduled to deliver until Monday even though it "shipped" yesterday, I'll definitely be picking up the copy of Sun I pre-ordered at GS to get the bonus. My plan is to use the second copy to get all the starters, then wipe the cart and give it to my daughter for Christmas. I know, I know. Father of the Year.

Sure would be nice if there was a TIV bump this weekend after the standard 40% Pokemon bonus ends, but before the super secret pre-order coupon code 40% Pokemon bonus ends on the 20th. I have a few games to trade, and an old X1 controller I want to unload and replace on Black Friday with one of those sweet $40 LE controllers from the Microsoft Store (or just a newer controller if the LE ones sell out too quickly).

Yeah, I traded in a few GCN games and got the Pokemon + PUR bonus on all of them.

It's PS1 games that didn't work for me.
To add to this my home base manager said in his experience and trading in 800$ worth from his own collection PS1 / og Xbox didn't give % bonus everything else did.

Stopped at the GS by my house after work to trade in Pokemon Y 3DS and was able to get the 40% boost with a booster pack of Pokémon BreakPoint. Also was able to use the $5 Pro Day code. Ended up $35 trade value and spent $4 for the booster so almost $31 back in credit.

VzIJ2sF.jpg
Well here is a better picture of the barcode of the coupon hope that helps someone.

Renewed my card today for 2 years. Got a kinect xb1 20 off coupon. So black friday if it stacks I'm looking at 20 for a kinect for the 1. I'm definitely biting on that

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back