GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
They're also banning accounts if you trade in more than a certain amount in a small period of time. So for example if you trade in $500 in a month period your account will get temp banned.buy again no one has been able to provide the $ amount restrictions
hmmmmm.... I dunno. I did significantly more than that in one day and didn't get banned.

They're also banning accounts if you trade in more than a certain amount in a small period of time. So for example if you trade in $500 in a month period your account will get temp banned.buy again no one has been able to provide the $ amount restrictions
Tell me more. Is this a rolling month period (ie for trades done on 7/1 the period extends from 6/1) or do limits refresh every month?

Just want to be sure I don't get banned since I traded in $332 from the period 5/09 to 5/24 (alot of good deals this past month).

Tell me more. Is this a rolling month period (ie for trades done on 7/1 the period extends from 6/1) or do limits refresh every month?

Just want to be sure I don't get banned since I traded in $332 from the period 5/09 to 5/24 (alot of good deals this past month).
I don't think we have ever established whether they are rolling month or calendar month. I treat the 4 limit as both until someone confirms one way or the other.

not even 6/1 yet, the trade-in prices just got really low... seems pointless to trade with GS, like, forever... ebay ftw!

pur_june15.jpg

:booty:

Makes me wish they would have just left the steal of the week coupons over these shitty coupons they have been giving us every month. I have yet to use one since they started that $50 in "crappy" coupons a month. 

Makes me wish they would have just left the steal of the week coupons over these shitty coupons they have been giving us every month. I have yet to use one since they started that $50 in "crappy" coupons a month.
The whole thing is marketing, the coupons are shit. Steal of the Week coupons, those were the days.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if this is the right place to put it but I got the Trade-in Value for the Original Super Nintendo...

Super Nintendo (Original Model w/ everything required) - $27.50 Trade in credit.

I don't know if this is the right place to put it but I got the Trade-in Value for the Original Super Nintendo...

Super Nintendo (Original Model w/ everything required) - $27.50 Trade in credit.
If they don't care if they are working, well then its time to gut some consoles and glue some rocks inside again.

Does anyone have a list of the counties in Florida that don't charge tax on credit purchases?
I don't have an all-inclusive list, but my personal experience includes Orange, Osceola, Seminole, Lake, Polk and Hillsborough, none of which charge tax when using trade credit.

I believe Marion and Brevard as well, as I have purchased from both within the last few years, but I'm not 100% positive on the tax situation. I haven't heard of any Florida counties that are the other way around, either.

If they don't care if they are working, well then its time to gut some consoles and glue some rocks inside again.
I once traded 2 PS2 Fat model separately... both times they did NOT check if it works or not. All they saw was the Dual shock 2 / Power / AV / System and I got the full trade credit.

I don't have an all-inclusive list, but my personal experience includes Orange, Osceola, Seminole, Lake, Polk and Hillsborough, none of which charge tax when using trade credit.

I believe Marion and Brevard as well, as I have purchased from both within the last few years, but I'm not 100% positive on the tax situation. I haven't heard of any Florida counties that are the other way around, either.
Ok thanks. Brevard is the one I'm looking at making a purchase in.

I didn't see this pointed out but, the GS app was just updated and now under your preorders it shows the balance you still owe on anything you have preordered. No more having to go in to print slips with the lost or saving receipts with the balance. (This is on iOS I cannot speak for the android app) also shows what store the preorder is at.

I didn't see this pointed out but, the GS app was just updated and now under your preorders it shows the balance you still owe on anything you have preordered. No more having to go in to print slips with the lost or saving receipts with the balance. (This is on iOS I cannot speak for the android app) also shows what store the preorder is at.
Works on android too.

It's gonna be hard to flip gs credit to bb now without these coupons and bb not doing any more 50% bonuses. Not sure if I should still trade games in at gs and move it to bb and use up some credit movers right now.

It's gonna be hard to flip gs credit to bb now without these coupons and bb not doing any more 50% bonuses. Not sure if I should still trade games in at gs and move it to bb and use up some credit movers right now.
You can buy gift cards from; Amazon, BP, Shell, Burger King, Taco Bell, Playstation, Xbox, Nintendo, etc. If you have to spend your credit.

To be fair, Best Buy has been doing a lot of 30% bonuses lately. Although it looks smaller, with the way values drop before the bonus is active you're still getting credit comparable to a 50% bonus.

I posted it in the (seemingly defunct now) Bday coupon thread, but the bday coupon worked fine yesterday for me. Wonder if no one has tried it because everyone said it was going to be dead?

It was one of the ones posted here on the site. I believe it was the 8058 one, but could've possibly been the 8009 since I had both on my phone. I don't have the receipt on me at the moment either (its at home).
Hmm that's interesting, this was yesterday (6/4)? Thanks for the info my good sir.

I found this in an email from Gamestop regarding Elder Scrolls Online:

tesorsvpu_trade01-alt.jpg
So, if I read it right, it is 10% + <value_of_tradein> deducted from the $59.99; Yes?

60 - (6 + 20*) = 34 - assuming they dont tank values of all the :xb1: / :ps4: games by then to make them pennies. Awesome!

*hypothetical trade-in value.

PS4 Camera 43.2 (bought 1 year ago at GS for $49.99, but no use anymore...)

PS4 Controller 40 (bought Best Buy during Black Friday for $30)

Sonic Generations PS3 12.8 (bought at Kmart during Black Friday for $5)

Murdered Soul Suspect PS4 11.2 (bought at ebay for $27, bundled with Watch_Dogs, got the platinum trophy, no use anymore)

Sonic & All Stars Racing PS Vita 11.2 (can't remember this one, prob bought at Amazon for $19.99)

Total $118.4 (roughly the same as the original price I bought them for, so basically played them for 0.5-3 years for free)

Not saying GS is doing perfectly fair in trading, but some of these prices are more than I can ever make at ebay. Hope you guys have a great time trading in!

Traded in two skylanders still sealed and dude told me they're not supposed to take it but said he'd hook me up just this time. I was like, can I open it right now? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back