GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just open the damn things, then you don't have problems.
I heard some dude traded them in sealed and they didn't say anything about it. It was my first time trading in skylanders though so I didn't even think of opening them before trading them in. Told the guy I got them from bestbuy and have the receipt at home lol

Brand new elder scrolls is 33 bucks? Lol what a joke. Why are all their trade ins from the 50 percent bonus weekend still so low? 23 for Bloodborne but 30 at best buy?

[quote name="NoOtherOptions" post="12734607" timestamp="1433874711"]Brand new elder scrolls is 33 bucks? Lol what a joke. Why are all their trade ins from the 50 percent bonus weekend still so low? 23 for Bloodborne but 30 at best buy?[/quote]

My guess is that they have that one day only promo going on for an extra 10% value today. Maybe they will go back up after today.

320x260_June_10trade2.jpg

Is it true you can't trade in a PS2 with just the system alone?
When they started doing the PS2 trade in again, news reports said you actually could.

However, it's very mileage may vary as my local GameStop wouldn't and it has been awhile since then. Perhaps someone else knows.

Meteos for DS is 89 cents after the power up pro discount. According to the experts it's a high quality game though I don't usually go for that type of game. I think that's what I'll get. Still need to find 10 cents or so to cover the rest of the price.

Went to the GS around me and traded in 4 ps4 games: GTAV ($49.50), Diablo ($37.95), Evolve ($21.45), and NBA 2K15 ($28.05), after showing them the ad page saying the 50% bonus doesnt end until the 13th. The beautiful manager looked at the ad and went on with an "override" in the system. I think I'm falling in love with her XDDDDDDD

I know it's been gone since February, but RIP stacking glitch. Kongregate's just rubbing salt in that wound right now. Wish I could see if there are any old POS systems out in the wilderness...

Hey pretty off topic but since his thread is where the GS experts hang.....has anyone seen any prepaid cards for Marvel Comics Unlimited at any of there GS's? They had to sell them a few years ago and just wondering if they still do.

Seems Gamestops thing now is to try to sneak in $1 protection plans without telling you so be on the lookout before you complete your transaction. 1 store tried to tell me it's automatic for $10 and less games and another told me if I wanted it and she removed it quickly without a debate about it since I mentioned what the other store tried to do to me.

Edit: 3rd store I went to added it. I saw it on the screen and he said he "clicked" it by accident. Do they get commission for getting protection plan purchases or something?

Seems Gamestops thing now is to try to sneak in $1 protection plans without telling you so be on the lookout before you complete your transaction. 1 store tried to tell me it's automatic for $10 and less games and another told me if I wanted it and she removed it quickly without a debate about it since I mentioned what the other store tried to do to me.
I would report that first store to the district manager. That's unethical, and probably illegal.

non trade in related but would appreciate if you guys can help me out, hows gamestop protection plan work on games? does it cover crack disc?

All pre XY Pokemon Booster Packs are a penny like Plasma Blast and Legendary Treasure. Zelda Gatcha balls are 97 cents which will hopefully be a penny soon.

is this new? just noticed a new coupon in my offers. it seems useless tho

30 Extra credit toward pre-owned Xbox One or PS4 purchase when you sell a PS3 or Xbox 360*

PS3 must be 120 GB or greater. Xbox One must by 250GB or greater. Credit to apply toward pre-owned Xbox One or PS4. Need all components for trade. Systems with External hard drives not valid with deal. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Trades subject to approval. No combined offers. See store for details. No dealers. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel or modify offers for any reason without notice. Expires 6/18/15.

30 Extra credit toward pre-owned Xbox One or PS4 purchase when you sell a PS3 or Xbox 360*

PS3 must be 120 GB or greater. Xbox One must by 250GB or greater. Credit to apply toward pre-owned Xbox One or PS4. Need all components for trade. Systems with External hard drives not valid with deal. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Trades subject to approval. No combined offers. See store for details. No dealers. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel or modify offers for any reason without notice. Expires 6/18/15.
i got coupon for $20 off a seagate 3 tb hard drive that i assume is probably $40 or $50 more than anywhere else.

i got coupon for $20 off a seagate 3 tb hard drive that i assume is probably $40 or $50 more than anywhere else.
I have both coupons, but for some reason 2 of each with different codes on each one.

Well got six and I'm going for it.

Damn it the terms say 250gb or greater but it says it must be a X1 maybe I can argue it but I don't think it will slide.

I do have six Seagate coupons so that will be worth the effort.

Xbox One must by 250GB or greater. Credit to apply toward pre-owned Xbox One or PS4.

Not sure if this is true or not but a gamestop manager told me that they're going to be doing one of those "secret" trade in promos in the next couple of days so some games should be getting a big bump up. 

Don't trade in stuff a lot but it looks like their aren't any deals going on right now which is a shame. I remember in the past there was some sort of deal every day, is that gone now?

There are some employee trade promos coming up (system upgrade, % bonus). I haven't seen anything about the PS3/360 system trade promo for customers, but that might be added soon.

Starting next Friday, 6/26, there's a 20% bonus for anything you trade in - games, accessories, systems, smartphones, and tablets. PUR Pro will stack, but only for games and accessories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back