GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Only other trade was when I traded my Wii U when the Switch promo was active. I traded at 2 different locations but they are within 10m of each other and regularly shop at both. Neither employee seemed nosey. Trade 1 was my first trade of Feb.

I took a hit and had my wife trade my remaining games nonpro so I lost 10% on my base trades. Pretty dumb. The best was my wife went to trade a couple more Spider-Man 2 and the store register told the employee that they were overstocked on it and they didn't want the trade. Went to the other location and it traded fine. That was some bullshit. Ain't my fault the store has too many. Send em to another store. Dumb.
Stupid reason from a stupid employee. You have to provide a survey on this dummy. He has no power as a monkey manager within corporate to say what can and cannot be accepted if the item works fine.
I'm semi-triggered grrr

Just a heads up: titanfall 2 is now priced $7.99 at best buy online and flips to Gamestop for $22. I'm ordering some to return for the ones I flipped earlier today. good luck.

Scored MLB 2K13 :360: and Skate 3 :360: at Goodwill tonight for 2.99 a piece and they flip to GS for about $45 with the promo and the $5 card i got.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Scored MLB 2K13 :360: and Skate 3 :360: at Goodwill tonight for 2.99 a piece and they flip to GS for about $45 with the promo and the $5 card i got.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
I got a copy of MLB 2k13 for $5.99 a couple weeks ago, but holding it for spring/summer is better. They usually raise the TIV then, and sometimes include it in the stealth bump weekends.

Anytime i do a trade in i talk to the employee about their job, their position and how they feel about working at gamestop. Sometimes ask them about how their day is going or even talk about video games.I dont sit there in silence while they do the transaction and let them lead and direct the conversation. Its called being friendly and works wonders most of the time.
That's a common sales technique that salespeople use to breed familiarity and gain trust. I do the same thing. The other night as I was trading in, I made the conversation more about the associate than about me. They tend to pay less attention to what's happening during the transaction.

Again, not sure why he asked, but in the end after a bit of hesitation, he processed my request. How long have employees been able to see a history of your current preorders?
Not sure, but I got questioned yesterday about having 3 different switch preorders at 3 different stores.
The manager at my local store was questioning me about my 3 different switch accessory preorders at 3 different stores. They are all for different accessories, but it still worries me. He's a really nice person and I always make sure to leave him glowing reviews, so hopefully everything works out well.

Boomeranged Soulsilver, Heartgold, and Paper Mario Splash I picked up with a B2G1 on pro day.  Basically ended up with a free copy of RE7 from it.  Will finish that up this weekend and trade it back in, taking advantage of the bonus.  What a time to be alive

Boomeranged Soulsilver, Heartgold, and Paper Mario Splash I picked up with a B2G1 on pro day. Basically ended up with a free copy of RE7 from it. Will finish that up this weekend and trade it back in, taking advantage of the bonus. What a time to be alive
Just waiting for stuff in the mail, can't tell if I should wait until next weekend or go hard on Tuesday.... I'm scared

Well apparently I read the rules wrong. I thought you could trade up to 3 copies per game per console.

Trade 1 on Wednesday:
Spider-Man 2 Xbox one
Spider-Man 2 PS4
NHL 17 Xbox One
NHL 17 PS4
Call of Duty Infinite Warfare Xbox one

Trade 2 Thursday:
Spider-Man 2 Xbox one
Spider-Man 2 PS4
NHL 17 Xbox one
Titanfall 2 Xbox one

I go to trade today and I have exceeded the trade limit and am temporarily blocked. Sweet.
Do u have the app on ur phone & did the app mysteriously sign u out? The last time the GS app signed me out, I went in store & found out I was tradebanned. Wish there was a way to know beforehand if ur banned or not w/out going in store...i'm sure these employees are more likely to remember ppl who are tradebanned than the average gamer lol. Then again it could be my phone acting up earlier this week & the 2 events have nothing to do with each other...

Only other trade was when I traded my Wii U when the Switch promo was active. I traded at 2 different locations but they are within 10m of each other and regularly shop at both. Neither employee seemed nosey. Trade 1 was my first trade of Feb.

I took a hit and had my wife trade my remaining games nonpro so I lost 10% on my base trades. Pretty dumb. The best was my wife went to trade a couple more Spider-Man 2 and the store register told the employee that they were overstocked on it and they didn't want the trade. Went to the other location and it traded fine. That was some bullshit. Ain't my fault the store has too many. Send em to another store. Dumb.
o_O 10m? or more like 100m?

there's a GS in the mall & there's another GS in a shopping plaza next to the mall in the county next to mine, but 10m is way too close, I guess they're in a plaza with some tiny store in between & hoping 1 day to take over the tiny store's space too lol.

Anybody have suggestions for the fastest way to get trade credit returned from a failed online purchase?

Tried to buy a gift card, got an error message and now the credit is gone. Sigh.

Boomeranged Soulsilver, Heartgold, and Paper Mario Splash I picked up with a B2G1 on pro day. Basically ended up with a free copy of RE7 from it. Will finish that up this weekend and trade it back in, taking advantage of the bonus. What a time to be alive
Smart play. You can finish in a day and get a good amount of trophies/achievements. Base of 27.50 before the bonuses. Great game albeit very short and already a good amount of DLC tacked on.

Because I drank too much coffee tonight and have nothing better to do I can confirm that GS internal systems update shortly after 1:00AM PST (4:00AM EST). New used SKUs were added when I finished up a test query right after 1AM that had not been there shortly before.

Here are the new SKUs and potential future TIV on release.

BTW Bioshock The Collection TIV was tanked from $17 base to $13 base. Still shows $17 on the website. 

WQq5NDB.png

Has anyone confirmed the in-store base value for a black dualshock 4?

I have one to trade in but kinda reluctant on doing so since the app shows $0. Trying to avoid bringing it up to an employee's attention.
I got 39.20 after bonus for a red dualshock 4 today, I can't imagine that they different colors have different values.

Different color controllers have different skus and *sometimes* different values. The blue grey uncharted controller was $0.75 more base value than the other models when I traded a bunch of controllers in a few weeks ago.

Of course these things change with demand, direction of the wind, full moon, etc.

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but if you need to move credit from GS to BB, you can get two pre owned NBA 2k17 (XB1 or ps4) at GS for roughly $50 with bogo 30% off, and trade them into BB for $50 or $51 with the 50% bump

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but if you need to move credit from GS to BB, you can get two pre owned NBA 2k17 (XB1 or ps4) at GS for roughly $50 with bogo 30% off, and trade them into BB for $50 or $51 with the 50% bump
Did you get the buy 1, 30% off deal on PS4 or Xbox 1 games in store? I asked the question two days ago and no one responded.

black beard sheet shows all the GS to BB flips. Wwwe17 , bio shock etc are all flips to BB credit

I don't understand why folks can't remember that beard and others have been stating that if a stealth bump does happen, its NOT THIS WEEKEND and would be the 24th or 25th.  That would be the time to complain if no stealth bump occurs.

From the last year of flipping I've just learned not to be greedy and trade in when I know I can get a profit. Holding out for bumps when you can already make a profit will just burn you in the long run.

Hey dipshit I told him exactly where the answer was but thanks. Afaik the mover was bioshock, but that's gonna be capped and wouldn't move 850.
None of that changes the fact that this is like the 2nd or 3rd time that you've called someone out for not reading the thread, and then proceeded to ask a stupid question that has already been answered dozens of times. Quit getting snippy with people and then flaming others when they throw it back in your face

BB moves with 30% and 50% bonus. Both platforms. I didn't get to max out everything on my two accounts because of local stock. My PES17 came in the mail yesterday that I ordered on Sunday.
$880 in BB for the week.

PES17
Bioshock Collection
Nba2k17
Ww17
Xcom2

BB moves with 30% and 50% bonus. Both platforms. I didn't get to max out everything on my two accounts because of local stock. My PES17 came in the mail yesterday that I ordered on Sunday.
$880 in BB for the week.

PES17
Bioshock Collection
Nba2k17
Ww17
Xcom2
I am missing how to get the 30% bonus to apply how is that activated? Was it one of the barcodes from a couple pages back?

I don't understand why folks can't remember that beard and others have been stating that if a stealth bump does happen, its NOT THIS WEEKEND and would be the 24th or 25th. That would be the time to complain if no stealth bump occurs.
I don't believe in waiting things out for possible bumps. 9 times out of ten the values stay the same or they drop as stock increases.

There are weird outliers like games nobody knew would be in demand or rare but nobody can predict those.

Thanks for the flips! I was able to move some credit from Gamestop to best buy with the bioshock collection. I then moved it back with titanfall 2 and spider man 2 wiith 50% each flip. I only really made money on the flips back to Gamestop though. I've got more copies of Titanfall 2 coming in the mail through visa checkout. Is it worth playing titanfall 2 single player campaign for a bit or should I flip it now and grab it on sale later? Thanks again!
Yea I'd play it. I beat the campaign on hard in one night it was pretty fun :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back