GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
You have great self control. When I used to hit yard sales, I'd buy anything game related except stuff that reeked of cigarette smoke. I'm more discerning now since I could potentially end up with a bunch of worthless stuff. But good pickup nonetheless. How many rewards points does a trade in like that get you?
They were kept in 6 different CD cases and all in pretty good shape (only 2 refurb fees out of 28 games) and 100 or so were 2011-13 sports titles. As for the points, we'll see tomorrow when my app updates.

On a separate note, which do you think is a better deal right now.

1) New PS4 Infinite Warfare bundle for $250 then trade in game for $24 and sell code on eBay for ~$20.

2) Preowned Darth Vader PS4 for $240, get DBZ XenoVerse 2 for free, then trade that in for $32.

Xbox One Wireless Controller with 3.5mm Headset Jack Xbox One 114078
Xbox One Wireless Controller - Microsoft Xbox One 900136

I found these from a log from September, the one highlighted in yellow doesn't show up anymore, is that the one you are talking about?

Just checked the SKU it doesn't exist anymore.
My receipt says 900136. But I heard the guy say "with 3.5mm" too as he was trying to find mine so I guess he saw it in the system. I am going to trade some controllers with 3.5mm headphone jack tomorrow so I'll see what happens.

Today as I was moving some GS credit to BB:

"You'll get $27.20 for WWE 2K17, and as for NBA, we can't take it because we only take the Legend Edition."

"Um, but the Legend Edition is the same game, just comes with some extra physical items, some digital stuff, and a different cover..."

"Hmm... okay, I'll let it slide this time. You'll get $27.20 for that also."

-___- Literally happened to me twice lol

Question: Do you guys keep your store credit on a physical gift card or use a gift card app to store the credit? Any IOS recommendations?

They were kept in 6 different CD cases and all in pretty good shape (only 2 refurb fees out of 28 games) and 100 or so were 2011-13 sports titles. As for the points, we'll see tomorrow when my app updates.

1) New PS4 Infinite Warfare bundle for $250 then trade in game for $24 and sell code on eBay for ~$20.

2) Preowned Darth Vader PS4 for $240, get DBZ XenoVerse 2 for free, then trade that in for $32.
New console has warranty. That's gold. Resale value in the future for darth Vader will be better probably.

Unless you really want that Vader decal get new. You'll get the warranty and its slim with new style controller vs the older style console and controller.

Today as I was moving some GS credit to BB:

"You'll get $27.20 for WWE 2K17, and as for NBA, we can't take it because we only take the Legend Edition."

"Um, but the Legend Edition is the same game, just comes with some extra physical items, some digital stuff, and a different cover..."

"Hmm... okay, I'll let it slide this time. You'll get $27.20 for that also."

-___- Literally happened to me twice lol
Xbox One right? That's because of their shit trade in page. The stock photo they have is the legendary edition for some reason and I guess BB employees do not know how to read.

https://tradein.bestbuy.com/client/#/catalog/products/appraisal?sku=5201012

Xbox One right? That's because of their shit trade in page. The stock photo they have is the legendary edition for some reason and I guess BB employees do not know how to read.

https://tradein.bestbuy.com/client/#/catalog/products/appraisal?sku=5201012
Yup Xbone both times. The one employee said that it wouldn't even allow her to scan the item in when she tried, so maybe it uses the Legend edition SKU instead of the regular game SKU for trading it in. But idk because I've dealt with her several times and she's not exactly the brightest bulb in the box

Either way, yeah it's stupid that the trade in pictures are misleading on their website. It shouldn't be on the employee to know all the differences between a base game and its collectors edition

Kind of in a pickle. need to unload this ps4 to get the slim for a number of reasons, but have a limited edition controller. do you think I can somehow have the clerk ring me up and allow me to trade in the slim controller with my ps4. don't want to give this 20th anniversary controller up

Kind of in a pickle. need to unload this ps4 to get the slim for a number of reasons, but have a limited edition controller. do you think I can somehow have the clerk ring me up and allow me to trade in the slim controller with my ps4. don't want to give this 20th anniversary controller up
Yes, he will. Your wife will also want blueberry pancakes when she wakes up and i your dog just ate your 20th anniversary. I know all this because I'm you from the future.

It's YMMV depending on how move your stores staff is. They have done it for me at my store here before.

It's YMMV depending on how cool your stores staff is. They have done it for me at my store here before.

Unless you really want that Vader decal get new. You'll get the warranty and its slim with new style controller vs the older style console and controller.
Thanks for all the advice. I was thinking about the "limited"-ness if the Vader but I didn't realise it was just a decal, and I forgot about the new style controller. Now it seems like a no-brainer.

I would just call ahead and talk to someone. It's better than trying to explain it in the middle of a trade. Hope it works out for ya - it should.

Stupid reason from a stupid employee. You have to provide a survey on this dummy. He has no power as a monkey manager within corporate to say what can and cannot be accepted if the item works fine.
I'm semi-triggered grrr
That's likely the language he used b/c he thought the games were stolen, but can't say that.

My receipt says 900136. But I heard the guy say "with 3.5mm" too as he was trying to find mine so I guess he saw it in the system. I am going to trade some controllers with 3.5mm headphone jack tomorrow so I'll see what happens.
I think they just threw away the 3.5mm SKU and combined the original and the 3.5mm controllers together as SKU 900136 to make things easier on their employees.

Question: Do you guys keep your store credit on a physical gift card or use a gift card app to store the credit? Any IOS recommendations?
I keep the physical trade card on me. Asking them to scan a digital gift card has been a headache in the past.

I back up all my gift cards on the Gyft app though. Highly recommend it.

Traded in 32 Wii U/Wii games and a Red Wii system and got $560 after putting $5 towards Mario Odyssey. Not a bad haul. 

And just in case anyone wasn't aware (since it doesn't say it on the website) you don't get the bonus promo on systems. It only worked on games and accessories.

Traded in 32 Wii U/Wii games and a Red Wii system and got $560 after putting $5 towards Mario Odyssey. Not a bad haul.

And just in case anyone wasn't aware (since it doesn't say it on the website) you don't get the bonus promo on systems. It only worked on games and accessories.
There's no extra bonuses when trading in a wii?

Captured all the stealth price increases and put it in a new tab called "GS Games Stealth Price Increases" thanks for bringing it to my attention frosty47

There were 41 games that had their used price increased and no TIV changed at all.

Sheets

Captured all the stealth price increases and put it in a new tab called "GS Games Stealth Price Increases" thanks for bringing it to my attention frosty47

There were 41 games that had their used price increased and no TIV changed at all.

Sheets
It wasn't worth it getting Dragoball Xenoverse 2. Thanks for the hard work!

Sheets
no thank you.

yeah Boruto was a credit mover to Amazon with GS's B1G1 30%, but that died w/the stealth increase.

[media]https://youtu.be/4gCWXyLkMD0[/media]

hmm, so if i pick up sword art online ps4 that i put on hold earlier this morning it will ring up $19.99 it is now or the $9.99 that it was when i put it on hold?

hmm, so if i pick up sword art online ps4 that i put on hold earlier this morning it will ring up $19.99 it is now or the $9.99 that it was when i put it on hold?
It's the price they scan it at when you pick it up. At least that's how it was for me when I put games on hold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back