GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I dunno if it helps at all, but my girlfriend works at Gamestop and took me into the back room at her store a few days ago. I saw a good amount of those Pharah Pops back there. (like 7-15?) I didn't pay too much attention because I was more interested in the stack of Switches.
So you weren't interested in the "box"?

I will be there tonight to pick up a Switch, Pro Controller, and Zelda SE. I have Bomberman to pick up as well, debating on if I am keeping it, so it will stay sealed for now. All of these way benefiting from Blackbeard's list and Gamestop.

I have been lucky over the past few days that Heartgold and Soulsilver have been at a couple of stores. Should be able to do a third trade in of those plus Kirby or MP tomorrow.

Quick question. The game stop that supposedly will have the most extra switch stock in my area happens to be the one where I didn't pre order Zelda. Can I go the game stop where I have Zelda pre ordered tonight before the midnight launch, cancel it, and put the money on a gift card so I can use that to get the game at the same store I'm (hopefully) getting the console at? I remember someone saying not to cancel the order until it is released, but I'm hoping since they're doing a midnight launch, it'll be fine.

So you weren't interested in the "box"?
I'm sure he was but I imagine the back room of any GameStop to be filled with gross consoles and stacks of cardboard boxes with a tiny toilet in a small corner room. Probably pretty hot and dusty with shitty lighting too. Much better to wait until a more appropriate venue like behind the dumpster out back.

Try going to your local GS and having them call the in store support line. There's some CS number GSes can call that tends to be more helpful than the usual GS.com contacts.
Thanks for this tip! I called them to see if they knew if they'd have Switches tonight and they said to stop in and they'd be happy to call and see what's going on with my order. I figured in store and online were completely independent from each other, nice to know they can help with stuff like this.

Here's a puzzle - I called yesterday and was told no non-preordered systems would be available. Called today - "We don't know yet, corporate is keeping it under wraps". Does this sound at all correct? Is it worth hanging around tonight or not?

Quick question. The game stop that supposedly will have the most extra switch stock in my area happens to be the one where I didn't pre order Zelda. Can I go the game stop where I have Zelda pre ordered tonight before the midnight launch, cancel it, and put the money on a gift card so I can use that to get the game at the same store I'm (hopefully) getting the console at? I remember someone saying not to cancel the order until it is released, but I'm hoping since they're doing a midnight launch, it'll be fine.
Don't cancel anything. Just make 2 trips. Get your shit and deal with the delay.

I'm sure he was but I imagine the back room of any GameStop to be filled with gross consoles and stacks of cardboard boxes with a tiny toilet in a small corner room. Probably pretty hot and dusty with shitty lighting too. Much better to wait until a more appropriate venue like behind the dumpster out back.
nothing says hot and heavy like a bunch of torn up game guides and GWENT decks

Here's a puzzle - I called yesterday and was told no non-preordered systems would be available. Called today - "We don't know yet, corporate is keeping it under wraps". Does this sound at all correct? Is it worth hanging around tonight or not?
I love puzzles!
I don't have the solution , but I called today and was told yes that there will be consoles available that were not pre ordered.

*Edit update I called a couple more stores and they claim people are lining up for the non pre order switch already. One store said 4 units , its a tiny store. Other wouldn't disclose qty nay that it was limited. Both said they have a line already.

I was told a week ago by my local store that they would have extras for walk ins. Sounds like your store is just being tight lipped.

The one I'd like to hit (because it's where my games are pre-ordered) is Store 6234 at zip 04074. Thanks!
Gray:

Gamestop 6234
New: Low Stock

Neon:
Gamestop 6234

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, I must not have Maine zip codes in my database. So at the most your store has 2 of each color for walk ins.

EDIT- I got a file full "all" US zip codes from a .gov website but yours is not in it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ok. Guess I could try to get my switch at the one GameStop, then hopefully have enough time to get over to the other one before they close to get Zelda. What happens if I cancel? Just curious.
If you cancel your Zelda SE, you give up rights to purchasing this item. Just do a return rebuy after the dust settles and you will have less to worry about.

Gray:

Gamestop 6234

Neon:
Gamestop 6234

Thanks for bringing this to my attention, I must not have Maine zip codes in my database. So at the most your store has 2 of each color for walk ins.
Thank you so much for checking - if it's not a huge pain in the ass does 04106 look any better? (I know the Mall store isn't doing a midnight launch).

Ok. So I should be good to cancel it then just pick it up at the GameStop where I hope to pick up a switch. I was mainly asking because I thought I read somewhere you can loose your bonus, or it could raise up some red flags if you cancel the item you pre ordered before it comes out. But I'm guessing that's not true. I have a copy of bomberman pre ordered as well that I'm also going to cancel to use those funds for the switch. Tonight should be fun! Thanks for the info.

Ok. So I should be good to cancel it then just pick it up at the GameStop where I hope to pick up a switch. I was mainly asking because I thought I read somewhere you can loose your bonus, or it could raise up some red flags if you cancel the item you pre ordered before it comes out. But I'm guessing that's not true. I have a copy of bomberman pre ordered as well that I'm also going to cancel to use those funds for the switch. Tonight should be fun! Thanks for the info.
You can't lose your bonus. Canceling a preorder doesn't hurt you but it hurts the employees. Don't feel bad though.

First I would call the other GameStop and make sure they have extra copies of Zelda for people who didn't preorder. There have been other Nintendo games that sell out at launch initially. If that's all good to go, feel free to cancel.

Gamestop does not have any switch accessories available online. Does that mean  the stores are out too?

ugh,

best buy has not even shipped my pro controller or my copy of SE Zelda. I have a midnight release here but they don't have any pro controllers and I don't want vanilla Zelda on top of the special edition , so I'll guess I'll have to wait =-/

I will be there tonight to pick up a Switch, Pro Controller, and Zelda SE. I have Bomberman to pick up as well, debating on if I am keeping it, so it will stay sealed for now. All of these way benefiting from Blackbeard's list and Gamestop.

I have been lucky over the past few days that Heartgold and Soulsilver have been at a couple of stores. Should be able to do a third trade in of those plus Kirby or MP tomorrow.
How is it lucky that you have found Heartgold and Soulsilver...I don't see flip potential there?

Any combination of these 3 with the B2G1 sale : Heartgold, Soulsilver, Mario Party 9, or Kirby Return to Dreamland is around $15-$20 profit and around 3750 points with the Switch game and accessory bonus.
Yes. Surprised more people weren't talking about it. Guess you had to find 3 of the four all at one store, and have a decent amount of credit to use. It has been good to me though.

Made me check mine out and its 614K. That's all in the past 2 years. What am I doing with my life...
My account is from 2010, before january of last year I think I had MAYBE 100k on it, then I started 2017 at around 300k. I am gonna catch up to you ;) With no ebay or amazon or gas I only need one account now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back