GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Any combination of these 3 with the B2G1 sale : Heartgold, Soulsilver, Mario Party 9, or Kirby Return to Dreamland is around $15-$20 profit and around 3750 points with the Switch game and accessory bonus.
Hey Blackbeard, I know that Heartgold and Soulsilver are in high demand. Do you think it would be wise to wait for a 60% bonus vs the current 50%? They were trading in for $40 before the promo ended

I have over 710k on my account that has been part of the PUR program since June 2010.

My alt account that I've used since Flippageddon two years ago has over 180k lifetime.

Do store associates eyes go all bug-eyed when they see your account? That's a crazy amount.
Not really. Some of the managers at my home store know me well enough to pull up my account without me giving name/number/card etc. first. I am not sure if lifetime points are readily visible on their screen, but I have less then 200K of spendable points at the moment.

Hey Blackbeard, I know that Heartgold and Soulsilver are in high demand. Do you think it would be wise to wait for a 60% bonus vs the current 50%? They were trading in for $40 before the promo ended
I think I did an inventory guesstimate of those week or two ago and they were hovering around 3000 total nationwide which is a very low number for pokemon games (X, Y, AS, and OR were over 15,000 I think.) I don't think that the TIV will change much for those 2 based on the inventory estimate.

Well since we're throwing around lifetime points I'm at just under 1.17M. Been PUR since 2010 but have only been actively flipping since mid-2015. And yes, every employee at my non-usual locations are sure to broadcast it to the whole store that I've saved thousands since being PUR. Legitimately thought one guy was going to have a seizure with how he reacted

My hometown store is good about it too, but if I ever go to another one they get really flabbergasted by my saved amount.  Like they start to say "oh you have saved....wait wow you shop here a lot."  Then followed up by them calling over someone behind the desk and pointing it out.  It wouldnt be a big deal if it happened once or twice, but it's a regular thing at non hometown locations.

I think I did an inventory guesstimate of those week or two ago and they were hovering around 3000 total nationwide which is a very low number for pokemon games (X, Y, AS, and OR were over 15,000 I think.) I don't think that the TIV will change much for those 2 based on the inventory estimate.
Think any of those games are likely to drop in value by the 19? The four mentioned.

Well, looks like the game stop where I reserved Zelda is actually going to have the most extras in my area (said they should have 8). Guess I might have to try my luck.

Well, looks like the game stop where I reserved Zelda is actually going to have the most extras in my area (said they should have 8). Guess I might have to try my luck.
What time do you plan on going? I have a store 20 miles from me that has both in stock just don't know what time I should head over there.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

What time do you plan on going? I have a store 20 miles from me that has both in stock just don't know what time I should head over there.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
I dont want to go over to early, so my plan is to call around 5 or 6 and ask if there are people already lined up. If its not to bad, Ill probably go around 7 or 8. But Im not waiting there for 10 hours. Not worth it. Last time I called no one was in line yet so we shall see.

I dont want to go over to early, so my plan is to call around 5 or 6 and ask if there are people already lined up. If its not to bad, Ill probably go around 7 or 8. But Im not waiting there for 10 hours. Not worth it. Last time I called no one was in line yet so we shall see.
Not 100% sure if this is supposed to be how it goes but I'll tell you my PSVR process.

I got to a GameStop and waited because I didn't have a preorder. When the pre ring happened, they also rang up the people with no preorders. He then let us leave and just come back to pick it up.

The pre ring for today is 6 pm for my store. You might want to see when yours is and if you can do the same thing I did for PSVR.

Not 100% sure if this is supposed to be how it goes but I'll tell you my PSVR process.

I got to a GameStop and waited because I didn't have a preorder. When the pre ring happened, they also rang up the people with no preorders. He then let us leave and just come back to pick it up.

The pre ring for today is 6 pm for my store. You might want to see when yours is and if you can do the same thing I did for PSVR.
i called gamestop. Sadly, thats not how this is working. You cant leave the line, cant leave the store. They guy even told me they wont even allow bathroom break, so he suggested I come with someone else. WTF is that fuck ?!?!

RIP to the real COL. GS -> eBay -> BB -> GS.
tumblr_mpe1r8ntFI1r2du9bo1_500.gif

i called gamestop. Sadly, thats not how this is working. You cant leave the line, cant leave the store. They guy even told me they wont even allow bathroom break, so he suggested I come with someone else. WTF is that fuck ?!?!
Really!? The manager at my store said come by at 6 pm and they will hand out tickets for your preordered items, then come back at midnight and pick up your items which is tied to your ticket number and go.

Really!? The manager at my store said come by at 6 pm and they will hand out tickets for your preordered items, then come back at midnight and pick up your items which is tied to your ticket number and go.
Do you have one pre ordered? I just called 2 different stores, and they both said that they are only doing the ticket thing if you have one pre ordered. You might want to call and double check.

This is what my store told me too. Not sure I can get there before regular closing but I am kinda curious to experience the line.

How long do they stay open for these kind of things? 1am? Until everyone is gone?

This is what my store told me too. Not sure I can get there before regular closing but I am kinda curious to experience the line.

How long do they stay open for these kind of things? 1am? Until everyone is gone?
Normally until everyone is gone, but I suppose it could depend on your store. I'm not sure what you mean by experience the line since you mentioned not being able to get there before closing. At my store, if you don't get there for the pre-ring to pick up the receipt (6pm to normal closing which is 9pm at my store), they won't do any transactions after that time. Basically they close the store at normal closing time, and open up at midnight. Then it is just give them the pre-ring receipt and you get your stuff.

Normally until everyone is gone, but I suppose it could depend on your store. I'm not sure what you mean by experience the line since you mentioned not being able to get there before closing. At my store, if you don't get there for the pre-ring to pick up the receipt (6pm to normal closing which is 9pm at my store), they won't do any transactions after that time. Basically they close the store at normal closing time, and open up at midnight. Then it is just give them the pre-ring receipt and you get your stuff.
Well this is weird. I just called a third store a little further away from me and they also said the tickets are only for people who pre ordered. Not sure why its different in my area. Can anyone else weigh in on this?

Well this is weird. I just called a third store a little further away from me and they also said the tickets are only for people who pre ordered. Not sure why its different in my area. Can anyone else weigh in on this?
I think the tickets thing is only for people who preordered. The manager who I know well said they will gather all your preordered items and put it in a bag tied to your ticket number. Then at midnight come by and pick up your bag.

Personally I preordered the Switch, charger grip, strap, and a case.

I think the tickets thing is only for people who preordered. The manager who I know well said they will gather all your preordered items and put it in a bag tied to your ticket number. Then at midnight come by and pick up your bag.
Ok. Yea. We were talking about people who didnt pre order, so you definitely just confused the hell out of me. lol

Just went to my Gamestop where I'm picking up my stuff. A few notable things to report back:

• That employee who accidentally gave me $117.20 for Dishonored 2 and Amazing Spiderman was there. Glad to see that he still has his job! I wanted to give him a big hug, but restrained. My man! 

• Switches began to be rung at 6PM, and tickets distributed at my store were given to both those with preorders, and those without. Those without preorders had to stay in the store in order to keep their spot, those who had it preordered obviously did not. I got my ticket and went home

• My home store got a total of four consoles for walk-ins, all of which were for accounted for by the line already formed. I guess they got in line at 3PM today. So the four people without preorders were in line before me, since they had been there all day. They got tickets #1-4, and then someone with a preorder got #5. I'm sitting pretty at #6 and will go back in five hours.

• I didn't ask how many they got, but my store did get extra Pro Controllers. My man went ahead and hooked me up and sold me one. I had it preordered via Amazon, but that's not supposed to get here until Tuesday. Having it day one makes me only that much more excited to play Zelda.

I went to do my pre-ring ticket pick up, and traded in some games. They did the trade, and the pick up in the same transaction. I was owed credit back at the end of it, but the manager gave me cash. Something about how since I paid for part of the preorder with cash, it supercedes the credit. So, that was sweet.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Got the email bout 30 minutes ago saying my Master edition shipped. I have no idea why I got caught up in the hype since I've never owned any Nintendo products. I dont want that shit lol

Got the email bout 30 minutes ago saying my Master edition shipped. I have no idea why I got caught up in the hype since I've never owned any Nintendo products. I dont want that shit lol
Good thing you can unload it for the cost of your switch making it almost free lol

So the stores did have master editions for preorder at one point? I was told on day one by a now former employee that this wasn't the case
They weren't supposed to. You had to give them the SKU specifically and the receipt didn't even say what it was. GameStop realized this and worked to get the in-store preorders fulfilled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back