GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
What 40% bonus? Is this a new promo?
557d543b942c5dbd745e8cfecad33a85.jpg

What 40% bonus? Is this a new promo?
Literally one version or another of the 40-60 percent bonus has been going on for weeks hahah holy shit.

Btw general: TIV of Pokémon games don't seem to have changed. Theresa new promo buy a PS3/360 game get 5 games under ten free. Not sure if any boomerang possibility there.

Literally one version or another of the 40-60 percent bonus has been going on for weeks hahah holy shit.

Btw general: TIV of Pokémon games don't seem to have changed. Theresa new promo buy a PS3/360 game get 5 games under ten free. Not sure if any boomerang possibility there.
I'm assuming all of this 40% trade-in talk is referencing the Switch bonus trade-in, but I don't want to go through the hassle of buying switch games and then having to return them (let alone the questionable ethics of this practice). I was hoping there was a new trade-in bonus that started today.

I'm assuming all of this 40% trade-in talk is referencing the Switch bonus trade-in, but I don't want to go through the hassle of buying switch games and then having to return them (let alone the questionable ethics of this practice). I was hoping there was a new trade-in bonus that started today.
Alright because It's early. You realize you don't have to buy and return games right? You put five dollars down on say Mario. You get the full bonus for all additional items traded in. So say you trade in four games with a 60 dollar base total, you get 40% on top for just putting five dollars down. You don't ever have to pick it up nor return it. In fact your next trip in you cancel it and get five back. Nothing dubious about it.

i think you read that promo wrong, its buy a ps3 or 360 console, get 5 games free.

Alright because It's early. You realize you don't have to buy and return games right? You put five dollars down on say Mario. You get the full bonus for all additional items traded in. So say you trade in four games with a 60 dollar base total, you get 40% on top for just putting five dollars down. You don't ever have to pick it up nor return it. In fact your next trip in you cancel it and get five back. Nothing dubious about it.
Well, I actually tried this on Saturday and was told by an employee that the Switch promo and another promo I tried both didn't work on pre-orders. If you're correct, I'm really ticked off now since I wasted a bunch of time on this and some of the items I wanted to trade have now dropped in value.

Well, I actually tried this on Saturday and was told by an employee that the Switch promo and another promo I tried both didn't work on pre-orders. If you're correct, I'm really ticked off now since I wasted a bunch of time on this and some of the items I wanted to trade have now dropped in value.
Myself and many others have had no issues here. Don't say it's for a promo say "id like to trade these in" then when they tell you the total say "id like to put five towards Mario". The system auto adjusts it's not manual. You'll see the price adjust on their little screen. If it looks right you're good.

Is today the last day for the B2G1 preowned stuff or is it already over? And the 20% off Birthday coupon can be used with it, if it is still running right? (as long as the most expensive game is still the most expensive game after the 20% off is added to it then I'm good ik lol)

And the $5 extra trade card most no longer works right?

Is today the last day for the B2G1 preowned stuff or is it already over? And the 20% off Birthday coupon can be used with it, if it is still running right? (as long as the most expensive game is still the most expensive game after the 20% off is added to it then I'm good ik lol)

And the $5 extra trade card most no longer works right?
The B2G1 is for last generation. No clue if it's over. I think today's the last day.
The B2G1 on last-gen stuff ended on 3/5 (Sunday).

If anyone plays Skylanders Imaginators, has Amazon credit, and wants an AMZ > GS credit mover, the 360 portal master's pack ( game + fire crystal) is $11. The game trades for a base $7, so it's $10.50 with the promo. You lose 50 cents in credit in exchange for a new character.

Does the $5 card still work? I got another one a couple of days ago but I remember reading that it expired on the 28th
Any chance you could get a scan of that one? If there's a new one that still works, that'd be great. I'm planning on swinging by GS sometime in the next few days to do some more trades so I can test it for you then.

amz > gs for 50 penny no no no no no no n on o no no no + tax nonononononono

Just an FYI the 2 BB tabs haven't been updated since Monday. I am currently working on updating my code and have already finished recreating a new database file for it so as to attempt to future proof it, make it more accurate, and get faster results.

Just an FYI the 2 BB tabs haven't been updated since Monday. I am currently working on updating my code and have already finished recreating a new database file for it so as to attempt to future proof it, make it more accurate, and get faster results.
Thanks for the head's up BB. Great work as always.

amz > gs for 50 penny no no no no no no n on o no no no + tax nonononononono
I know it's definitely a niche set of conditions, but I figured I'd bring it up. I'm an avid Skylanders fan so the 50 cent fire crystal is a good deal to me.

Plus TBOI AB+ for Switch sold out on Amazon so I have to get it from GS now if I want to get it. I've got a good $200+ in AMZ credit from Gamestop's b2g1 retro sale.

After like 5 or more calls to gamestop they finally tell me to go instore to get my credit back. Thanks you couldn't have told me that 2 weeks ago...

Figure I'll go in get this fixed and possibly pickup Zelda for Switch if I get my trade credit back.

He's saying you won't find preowned amiibo from the new Zelda line up since they stopped accepting amiibo trade in months ago.
Yeah that wasn't the goal or what I said though. Smash link and Zelda, twilight princess link, 8 bit link and others all drop items. Basically any Zelda or link from any series including wind waker, skyward sword, etc.

On the register I saw last night that B2G1 for last gen ended on 3/4 in store.
I did make a transaction on 3/5 to get the B2G1, the GS employee was surprised because he swore that they were instructed to take down the signs at the end of the day 3/4....Place another online order on 3/5 to get the same sale.

Here is the funny part, go to GS.com, click pre-owned, click the second/third dot on the revolving ad and what does it show???

http://www.gamestop.com/preowned

I did make a transaction on 3/5 to get the B2G1, the GS employee was surprised because he swore that they were instructed to take down the signs at the end of the day 3/4....Place online order on 3/5 to get the same sale.

Here is the funny part, go to GS.com, click pre-owned, click the second/third dot on the revolving ad and what does it show???

http://www.gamestop.com/preowned
I thought the OP of the question was asking about in store, not online.

Gamestop should seriously consider adding a 50% bonus trade in coupon to their PUR Renewal bonuses. I think I would even prefer a 50% bonus coupon over a B2G1 coupon.

Or perhaps they could add a 50% bonus coupon to their rewards catalog. 

Yeah that wasn't the goal or what I said though. Smash link and Zelda, twilight princess link, 8 bit link and others all drop items. Basically any Zelda or link from any series including wind waker, skyward sword, etc.
'Kind of want to see if I can find any of the zeldas for botw.'

Why would you think anyone would take any other meaning from this than you are talking about the BotW series of amiibo?!

I assumed he was talking about the newer Amiibos too but even with the old ones it's still a true statement. GameStop hasn't taken Amiibos for several months so their remaining preowned Amiibo stock has mostly been cleaned out

The 30th Anniversary Amiibos came out after GS quit taking Amiibos so you won't find any of those, and you'd be hard-pressed to find Toon Link (Smash), Sheik, or Wolf Link preowned. You might find a Smash Link, Zelda, or Ganondorf laying around at a random store, but not all at the same store, let alone with two more to take advantage of the 5 for $10

Although if you want a Ganondorf I would use Brickseek to check Target, I got mine there for $3.xx awhile back

'Kind of want to see if I can find any of the zeldas for botw.'

Why would you think anyone would take any other meaning from this than you are talking about the BotW series of amiibo?!
Do the older Zelda-series Amiibo unlock things in BotW? That's another way to interpret it.

Only the zelda related amiibos give you anything worthwhile. Every other kind of amiibo (even the animal crossing cards) just give you food related items but some are rare. I think its random. Im currently up to 300+ raw meats lol.

I assumed he was talking about the newer Amiibos too but even with the old ones it's still a true statement. GameStop hasn't taken Amiibos for several months so their remaining preowned Amiibo stock has mostly been cleaned out

The 30th Anniversary Amiibos came out after GS quit taking Amiibos so you won't find any of those, and you'd be hard-pressed to find Toon Link (Smash), Sheik, or Wolf Link preowned. You might find a Smash Link, Zelda, or Ganondorf laying around at a random store, but not all at the same store, let alone with two more to take advantage of the 5 for $10

Although if you want a Ganondorf I would use Brickseek to check Target, I got mine there for $3.xx awhile back
Thanks to be honest I don't collect or care about amiibos just want the epona and a few of the armor pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back