GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
The Gamestop deal is great. Picked up 12 games for 20 since for some reason he didn't scan five of them.

Well I traded up to the Ps4 Pro today. 195 for my old ps4 without having to deal with shady people on Craigslist was worth it to me for the whole maybe 20 more dollars I woulda made off Craigslist. After transferring some credit to BB and buying a few things I had like 300 trade in credit for the pro after my trade so with the PS4 pro and a copy of Killing Floor 2 was like 140ish OOP to upgrade to the pro. I cannot really say for regular 1080p TV but on my 4k samsung ku6300 line. The pro makes games look much better then I imagined. I think its more the HDR with the 4k reso combined then just the boost in reso from 1080 to 2160 but amazing nonetheless. Horizon Zero Dawn looks absolutely stunning especially when the game hits nightfall. Just simply goregous

Well I traded up to the Ps4 Pro today. 195 for my old ps4 without having to deal with shady people on Craigslist was worth it to me for the whole maybe 20 more dollars I woulda made off Craigslist. After transferring some credit to BB and buying a few things I had like 300 trade in credit for the pro after my trade so with the PS4 pro and a copy of Killing Floor 2 was like 140ish OOP to upgrade to the pro. I cannot really say for regular 1080p TV but on my 4k samsung ku6300 line. The pro makes games look much better then I imagined. I think its more the HDR with the 4k reso combined then just the boost in reso from 1080 to 2160 but amazing nonetheless. Horizon Zero Dawn looks absolutely stunning especially when the game hits nightfall. Just simply goregous
I'm saving for a PRO as well. Is it worth I if I don't have a 4K TV?

I'm saving for a PRO as well. Is it worth I if I don't have a 4K TV?
Some people will say yes. Others will say no. With a PS4 Pro on a 1080p tv it will supersample and slightly increase frame rates and make them more stable which will very slightly improve performance but where the PS4Pro shines is native 4k and upscaled 4k resolution on games along with hdr. Personally without a 4k tv I don't see the 200ish dollar upgrade as being worth it. However it does future proof yourself if you plan on getting a 4k tv in the future. Also, another thing to consider is if you have a psvr as I have heard the Pro improves performance for VR a good amount so its all subjective really. I do know that if I wouldn't have just bought a 4k tv with my tax refund that I myself would not have upgraded.

Theres also the Pro Boost mode on most (If not all) games as well that came in the last firmware update. I have definitely noticed some improvements in games I played frequently before I got my Pro.

Theres also the Pro Boost mode on most (If not all) games as well that came in the last firmware update. I have definitely noticed some improvements in games I played frequently before I got my Pro.
Have you tried Bloodborne​? I ask because I started playing it for the first time recently, and it runs like garbage. I've never been one who is sensitive to the highest frame rates or best visuals, but ​Bloodborne​ has some bad stuttering, and it's not infrequent. This is legitimately the first time I've played a game and repeatedly felt like the performance of the game is taking away enjoyment.

Not sure where else to ask...but I have a quick off topic question to ask. I ordered SMB3 for the NES from GS...and it's not working. My screen keeps flashing and the power light on my NES keeps flashing red. Can I return it to a local store, or do I have to mail it back?

Not sure where else to ask...but I have a quick off topic question to ask. I ordered SMB3 for the NES from GS...and it's not working. My screen keeps flashing and the power light on my NES keeps flashing red. Can I return it to a local store, or do I have to mail it back?
As long as you have a packing/order slip, you should be able to return it in-store. I've been to a GS that wouldn't take retro returns because it messed with their inventory or something, but I've had success at 3 others.

you guys are killing gamestop. or maybe its amazon and GCU. Nah, its you.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/24/shares-of-game-stop-plummet-on-reports-of-lost-sales.html

Shares of GameStop fell more than 12 percent Friday morning after the company reported sales declines in almost all of its segments during the fourth quarter.

GameStop reported Thursday that hardware sales declined 29.1 percent, and new software sales fell by 19.3 percent for the quarter — two categories that were once key in boosting revenue for the retailer.

The Texas-based company said fiscal fourth-quarter global sales decreased 13.6 percent to $3.05 billion, while consolidated comparable sales — a metric monitored closely for retail companies by Wall Street — declined 16.3 percent, falling in line with analysts' estimates, according to FactSet.

In 2017, GameStop said it expects to close between 2 to 3 percent of its global store footprint, a sign that traffic at its brick-and-mortar locations has slowed. The company also said Thursday that its video game category has become "weak."

Wonder if there is going to be another cash same as credit offer soon.

Struggling to sell a few extras Wiis I have. I might just dump them to GS

and new software sales fell by 19.3 percent for the quarter —

cant imagine why, everyone loves paying full price instead of 20% off at best buy and amazon

If I have two pieces of hardware to trade in (i.e. A PS4 and a 360 Kinect). Would I get $25 extra for them both or each with the promo?

Of course their new sales are going to be down. I understand that logistically they can't really have a GCU/Prime equivalent without bleeding money, but if they want to get their new sales back up, they have to at least try something. That "game pass" thing has potential if they didn't half-ass it and actually advertised the thing

Have you tried Bloodborne​? I ask because I started playing it for the first time recently, and it runs like garbage. I've never been one who is sensitive to the highest frame rates or best visuals, but ​Bloodborne​ has some bad stuttering, and it's not infrequent. This is legitimately the first time I've played a game and repeatedly felt like the performance of the game is taking away enjoyment.
Not yet, but I'm sure people have tested it on other forums and have posted results. From what I heard it helped some with Just Cause 3 which had shitty frame rate as well.

Aren't these the same dumbasses that essentially threaten their employees not to sell new and sell preowned or mess up their stats?

There's a pretty great retro sale going on right now on the website. $2.20ish is a steal for KotOR for anyone with an Xbox who doesn't have that game

They really need to make the PUR at least 20% off used with no BS stipulations to stay competitive.
In their defense (never thought I would defend gs), they do have the cag16 code online. If you're buying used, it serves you well to do so online as in addition to the aforementioned, there are cash back sites as well. One drawback online is you have to pay sales tax, even when using trade credit.

In their defense (never thought I would defend gs), they do have the cag16 code online. If you're buying used, it serves you well to do so online as in addition to the aforementioned, there are cash back dies as well. One drawback online is you have to pay sales tax, even when using trade credit.
Yes good point but the average mom / dad / dudebro going into the store doesn't know that. Thus why they need to at least match GCU percentage in store with no BS.

Yes good point but the average mom / dad / dudebro going into the store doesn't know that. Thus why they need to at least match GCU percentage in store with no BS.
I don't think pur really appeals to that audience though. I'm probably wrong about that, but you would be surprised how much people are willing to pay for games. Used to work at WM and I would see people on a daily basis getting half year old sports games on last gen consoles for $60, or other games that are still MSRP nearly a year after it's been out w/out batting an eye. I used to do the same thing when I was younger, but since I was getting more and more into gaming I had to change my spending habits, from buying new games to buying used games, to eventually joining this site and just waiting for the game to go super cheap. Most people don't buy enough games to justify "wasting" all this time tracking game prices, spending money on pur, or they just don't think about how much they're spending before plopping down the $60 for the game.

I'm not arguing with you, but I just don't think it wouldn't be in gs best interest to go that route as there's really no need to, especially since the average Joe is willing to still spend full price for the game.

GameStop stock has dropped 33% since changing their policy on using credit to buy eBay/Amazon gift cards last summer... Just saying...

Has anyone done the 25$ bonus on upgrading to new hardware recently? I know people said a few days ago that the bonus wasn't triggered automatically and had to get a manager override. Also, has anyone done it with multiple systems? Thinking of trading a ds and dsi towards a 2ds.

Wonder if there is going to be another cash same as credit offer soon.

Struggling to sell a few extras Wiis I have. I might just dump them to GS
Amazon is taking them for $32 which isn't too bad. $40 to $50 is ebay average last I checked. Amazon takes 2 of anything max. If you have a black one you can probably find a different trade listing and sometimes there are multiple listings for the same item with different prices.

I have had very good luck with Amazon trade ins lately. Not a single rejection while trading in lots of rockband and guitar hero drums/guitars and a lot of retro games for multiple consoles. Also discovered yesterday amazon sells $50 GS gift cards if you want to keep credit for flipping.

In their defense (never thought I would defend gs), they do have the cag16 code online. If you're buying used, it serves you well to do so online as in addition to the aforementioned, there are cash back sites as well. One drawback online is you have to pay sales tax, even when using trade credit.
You also have a random chance of getting a disc game that looks like it had a weekend-long sexcapade with a belt sander. Warehouse-sourced games are likely to be crap of some type, store-sourced games have a better chance of not being crap.

Amazon is taking them for $32 which isn't too bad. $40 to $50 is ebay average last I checked. Amazon takes 2 of anything max. If you have a black one you can probably find a different trade listing and sometimes there are multiple listings for the same item with different prices.

I have had very good luck with Amazon trade ins lately. Not a single rejection while trading in lots of rockband and guitar hero drums/guitars and a lot of retro games for multiple consoles. Also discovered yesterday amazon sells $50 GS gift cards if you want to keep credit for flipping.
Amazon takes 2 of an item every 3 months, though the TIV might not be live when it's up for trade-in again for someone. Also, those $50 GCs don't show up that often, so don't count on them being there 100% of the time when you order them.

I noticed a few games like uncharted 4 are on sale pre owned. Is there a gamestop page that just shows the current deals in a readable fashion? The only way I found uncharted 4 was on sale was by randomly skimming through recent drops with tags for used and ps4.

On gamestop dot com there is a banner that say blowout power pro sale. However, when you click it just takes you to your dashboard. How do you view the actual sale?

So did Best Buy drop values? Because I took stock at my local store and compared TIVs with bonus and how the hell are people making money even with the b2g1 sale? For Honor is running 40 bucks used at GS and flips to BB for 37.50 so that's a mover but shit like RE7 runs 50 used at GS and only nets 37.50 at BB. Battlefield 1 gets you 33 at BB but is running 49. Even with b2g1 that's a money loser.

There's a pretty great retro sale going on right now on the website. $2.20ish is a steal for KotOR for anyone with an Xbox who doesn't have that game
Anyone brought original xbox games from them recently? How is the quality? Ebay prices r ridiculous for new lol.
I also saw Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance for $9.99...always wanted to play those...and Dreamfall for $9.99 too...ooooo

Anyone brought original xbox games from them recently? How is the quality? Ebay prices r ridiculous for new lol.
I also saw Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance for $9.99...always wanted to play those...
I bought 4 copies of KOTOR 2 a month ago and all had cases. Their retro is much better now. I receive a majority of stuff with cases. Occasionally with manuals and the ever so often original receipt from the 90s or a map or other bonus item.

So did Best Buy drop values? Because I took stock at my local store and compared TIVs with bonus and how the hell are people making money even with the b2g1 sale? For Honor is running 40 bucks used at GS and flips to BB for 37.50 so that's a mover but shit like RE7 runs 50 used at GS and only nets 37.50 at BB. Battlefield 1 gets you 33 at BB but is running 49. Even with b2g1 that's a money loser.
With gcu you get $40 so it's a profit .some game cost 50 and trade in for 40 so it's a $20 profit. You can easily make at least 150 and more if you look at certain games .

On gamestop dot com there is a banner that say blowout power pro sale. However, when you click it just takes you to your dashboard. How do you view the actual sale?
when I looked at it earlier this week, there are some discounted points offers, mostly comic books and other trinkets. As I recall, click on special offers on the left side and I think it will show all of the discounted items. I don't know what it says today as I haven't looked.

The $25 boost for old hardware towards new didn't automatically come up for me and had to be added manually. Make sure you have the associate review your trade in if you're trying to take advantage of this promo.

Have you dipped a Q-tip in rubbing alcohol and cleaned the connectors? That will take care of your problem 90 percent of the time.

You have to enable boost mode, it's in the system settings. I'm not saying it's night and day but it is better.
Neat, I'll go take a peek at that before bed. Wonder why you have to manually tell the console to run better, haha. Hopefully I can put a bit of time in tomorrow and see if it plays better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back