GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm looking forward to acquiring more cheap PS3 games for my backlog with this 4 for $10 sale.

That is all.
I'm avoiding it because I know none of it will ever be rare or cost more than $5-10 so rather than take up space with games I won't play, if I ever feel like playing la noire or mw3 I'll just buy a copy at that time.

Neat, I'll go take a peek at that before bed. Wonder why you have to manually tell the console to run better, haha. Hopefully I can put a bit of time in tomorrow and see if it plays better.

It causes issues with one or two games. So the default is off.

Not sure where else to ask...but I have a quick off topic question to ask. I ordered SMB3 for the NES from GS...and it's not working. My screen keeps flashing and the power light on my NES keeps flashing red. Can I return it to a local store, or do I have to mail it back?
It sounds like you may need to restore the 72 pin connector on your NES. It's actually pretty easy to do if you've got a Phillips screwdriver and a small flathead screw driver. I used to restore NES systems all the time. It's not usually worth buying a new 72 pin connector online if you take the time to restore your original. Good luck. Just google the process. If this doesn't work take back the game.

Not sure where else to ask...but I have a quick off topic question to ask. I ordered SMB3 for the NES from GS...and it's not working. My screen keeps flashing and the power light on my NES keeps flashing red. Can I return it to a local store, or do I have to mail it back?
It might be NES10 lockout chip as well. If cleaning and replacing the 72 pin connector doesn't work it may be this. I've done this myself and it is relatively easy to do.

http://www.thevintagegamers.com/2013/06/bypassing-the-nes10-lockout-chip-mod-tutorial/

So I recall people saying that getting coupons from the PUR program have not been working. I'd like to add my experience.

I used up some points in order to get a $25 and a $15 off a used item. I tried to buy a retro title and they wouldn't work. They scanned but nothing. Was this the same issue people were having?

As long as you have a packing/order slip, you should be able to return it in-store. I've been to a GS that wouldn't take retro returns because it messed with their inventory or something, but I've had success at 3 others.
Have you dipped a Q-tip in rubbing alcohol and cleaned the connectors? That will take care of your problem 90 percent of the time.
It sounds like you may need to restore the 72 pin connector on your NES. It's actually pretty easy to do if you've got a Phillips screwdriver and a small flathead screw driver. I used to restore NES systems all the time. It's not usually worth buying a new 72 pin connector online if you take the time to restore your original. Good luck. Just google the process. If this doesn't work take back the game.
It might be NES10 lockout chip as well. If cleaning and replacing the 72 pin connector doesn't work it may be this. I've done this myself and it is relatively easy to do.

http://www.thevintagegamers.com/2013/06/bypassing-the-nes10-lockout-chip-mod-tutorial/
Seriously? No one mentioned blowing into the cartridge? I recommend only having an adolescent do this, as adult saliva can be too acidic.

I'm only joking, any one of those options is better than blowing into the cartridge. :D

Has anyone ever tried to place an order with a gift card, receive an error (order never went through), and still had the gift card amount deducted? I'm out $61 (on a $102 trade credit card) and wonder if I'll ever see it again. I will call tomorrow, but just curious if anyone has dealt with this before?

Hmmm... up late too much coffee but for some reason Gamestop just removed Ghost Recon Wildlands trade in value and preowned sku? That is the only difference between yesterday and today.

Confirming for the 1000x time, I bought 9 games with a b2g1 renewal coupon, yesterday, and 3 came up free.

This ocmpany is going to spin around the toilet bowl claiming everything is fine and they just need to sell more shitty Funko pops and crappy shirts and adult action figures.

Seriously who cares about this junk? Now they are going to open stores that don't sell games but just this crap instead?

If they were just competitive with Amazon and best buy for new games they would probably regain a lot of business.

Plus Amazon is cheaper than their new or used price many times.

I don't understand why all these big retailers are fading into bankruptcy while stubbornly keeping their prices 30% higher than Amazon.

I asked a bit ago but what games are actually making money on moving? All I found was a handful like for honor and uncharted.
Ill help out but please look at the gamestop flip sheet -_-

pes 2017

soa hollow

horizon zero dawn

nier automa

tom clancy wild lands

gravity rush

kingdome hearts 2,8

dragon quest builders

ff15

legenda of zelda switch

1-2 switch

bomberman

So no trade bump on the last full weekend of March? Or do we think one will happen for April Fools weekend?
I hope this isn't the case because it doesn't seem as good as past bumps, but we might have gotten a small bump this weekend--:ps3: LEGO Jurassic Park is $12 now (was $8 when I checked earlier in the week) and :ps4: Trackmania Turbo is $15 now (IIRC, was $13 when I previously).

pes 2017
soa hollow
horizon zero dawn
nier automa
tom clancy wild lands
gravity rush
kingdome hearts 2,8
dragon quest builders
ff15
legenda of zelda switch
1-2 switch
bomberman
Really only worthwhile from GS to BB currently if you have the B2G1 coupon.

I asked a bit ago but what games are actually making money on moving? All I found was a handful like for honor and uncharted.
I've encoded the flips in Klingon for security purposes. :whistle2:$

pes 2017
soa nIvqu'
ghangwI' pagh jajlo'
nier automa
puH tom clancy qu'bogh
tlham qa'pu'
kingdome tIq 2,8
dragon Qu' builders
ff15
legenda zelda boch chemvaH Ho'Du'
1-2 boch chemvaH Ho'Du'
bomberman

Do you need to be handheld as much when you take a piss as much as you seem to need being handheld in the world of GS trade-ins?

Use your damned head for something other than balance weight for your feet and try to think for a change. You might like it once you try it.

I've encoded the flips in Klingon for security purposes. :whistle2:$

pes 2017
soa nIvqu'
ghangwI' pagh jajlo'
nier automa
puH tom clancy qu'bogh
tlham qa'pu'
kingdome tIq 2,8
dragon Qu' builders
ff15
legenda zelda boch chemvaH Ho'Du'
1-2 boch chemvaH Ho'Du'
bomberman
Which of these games are on sale to make the most use of the B2G1?

Yes, I can redeem them but the coupon wouldn't work. I redeemed the points for the coupon a few days ago. It didn't work on a retro game, not sure if that was the issue or something else.
Probably due to it being a retro game. I redeemed one a few days ago and used it on Drakengard 3. Had no problems taking the $5 coupon for that.

Only weird thing I noticed is that the PUR Pro discount was $1.49 instead of $1.99. So the PUR Pro discount seems to be for the price after the coupon was used.

pes 2017
soa hollow
horizon zero dawn
nier automa
tom clancy wild lands
gravity rush
kingdome hearts 2,8
dragon quest builders
ff15
legenda of zelda switch
1-2 switch
bomberman
Thanks. But again, I stated before some of these don't make money. Example kingdom hearts is what, 50 used (might have been mistagged at my store) and TIV was 37.50. Anyway, I did and do use the sheets but thanks for the clarity.

Do you need to be handheld as much when you take a piss as much as you seem to need being handheld in the world of GS trade-ins?

Use your damned head for something other than balance weight for your feet and try to think for a change. You might like it once you try it.
Eat shit, I actually commented that some of the stuff posted pages back didn't actually make money was curious what did. But thanks for being a turd in the punch bowl.

If you're a "patient" gamer or just want to fill in some holes in your last-gen collection, this buy 4 used games for $10 sale is legendary. 

I went to two stores this morning to get these:

First store:

Code Name STEAM - 3DS

F1 Championship Edition - PS3

Mini Ninjas - PS3

Prince of Persia 2010 - PS3

Prototype 2 - PS3

Red Faction Armageddon - PS3

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier - PS3

Vancouver Winter Olympics 2010 - PS3

Second Store:

Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend - PS3

Homefront - PS3

Ragnarok Odyssey - Vita

Zone of the Enders HD Collection - 360

Each game was only $2.25 each after PUR.  The copy of Code Name STEAM was still factory sealed since it was converted to pre-owned.  And, the Ragnarok Odyssey was cart only, but the rest of the games were complete.  I might have to hit another store before this sale ends. 

Oh, and I also got my first $5 trade-in coupon at the second store.  The lady at the counter recognized me as a regular customer, and she stapled it to the receipt.  I will probably do a positive survey for her. 

I ask myself all the time who buys this collectible crap bit considering its the one area that grows yoy I guess someone is
Pretty sure whales are almost solely responsible for that. I rarely ever see someone buying pop figures for example but when I do, they're buying like 20 at a time

I ask myself all the time who buys this collectible crap bit considering its the one area that grows yoy I guess someone is
I won't lie - once that stuff hit the clearance bin at GameStop, I started buying it, but I refuse to pay full price for any of it. I've found a few nice DC Direct action figures (a Greg Capullo Batman and a New 52 Wonder Woman), some Marvel Legends figures, and lots of the Funko Avengers/Batman v Superman/Captain America/Suicide Squad mystery box mini bobbleheads. Buy one, get one half off or buy one, get one free is hard to pass up, and most of that stuff would have cost way more if I had bought it on Amazon or from a comic book store. But, I've also been collecting action figures for the last 20 years or so. Some of the Funko minis are on my desk at work.

Sorry for asking such a dumb question but is there a list for the 4 for $10 or is just any $4.99 and under game eligible?

Thanks
There isn't a list. It's any game for any system that's $4.99 or under. What I did was to look at the GameStop website to see what was priced under $4.99 before going into the store. Some of the games that qualified were not restickered to reflect that they were $4.99. On the website, you can go to the pre-owned games for that system and do lowest price first. Then, you can see which ones would qualify.

Does anybody have the link to that page that lets you retrieve missing trade credit? I forgot what page it was posted on. I decided to check my email again to see if the link would work and it finally did and I was able to print out two cards worth $20 and change and now I want to check my other email addresses.

I hope this isn't the case because it doesn't seem as good as past bumps, but we might have gotten a small bump this weekend--:ps3: LEGO Jurassic Park is $12 now (was $8 when I checked earlier in the week) and :ps4: Trackmania Turbo is $15 now (IIRC, was $13 when I previously).
That's what I was wondering as Until Dawn is $10, Sleeping Dogs $8, & Evil Within at $5. Not sure if those are normal or increased.

If you're a "patient" gamer or just want to fill in some holes in your last-gen collection, this buy 4 used games for $10 sale is legendary.
I went to two stores this morning to get these:

First store:
Code Name STEAM - 3DS
F1 Championship Edition - PS3
Mini Ninjas - PS3
Prince of Persia 2010 - PS3
Prototype 2 - PS3
Red Faction Armageddon - PS3
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier - PS3
Vancouver Winter Olympics 2010 - PS3

Second Store:
Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend - PS3
Homefront - PS3
Ragnarok Odyssey - Vita
Zone of the Enders HD Collection - 360

Each game was only $2.25 each after PUR. The copy of Code Name STEAM was still factory sealed since it was converted to pre-owned. And, the Ragnarok Odyssey was cart only, but the rest of the games were complete. I might have to hit another store before this sale ends.

Oh, and I also got my first $5 trade-in coupon at the second store. The lady at the counter recognized me as a regular customer, and she stapled it to the receipt. I will probably do a positive survey for her.
Just beware the online for Homefront (best part of that game IMO) was shut off long ago & ZotE is unpatched on 360 b/c Konami didn't want to pay MS's patch fees.

That collection & the Silent Hill one are vastly inferior on 360 vs. PS3 as the PS3 versions did get patched.

he other
Just beware the online for Homefront (best part of that game IMO) was shut off long ago & ZotE is unpatched on 360 b/c Konami didn't want to pay MS's patch fees.

That collection & the Silent Hill one are vastly inferior on 360 vs. PS3 as the PS3 versions did get patched.
Thanks for the advice on Homefront and Zone of the Enders. For $2.25 per game, I don't go in expecting a lot, but I also don't look at it as a huge investment, so if I'm disappointed in any of my choices, it is what it is. I get angry when I think about games that I've wasted $50 on, so I won't complain too much. There's also the 7 days return/exchange policy in case I don't like one or some of the games, but each of the games I bought reviewed decently - nothing under a "7" as far as Google reported.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back