GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
What bonus coupon?
tenor.gif

Nabbed four more games from the 4/$10 sale. Traded in NFS: Shift (PS3) and the employee scanned a $5 extra card for me. Ended up with a 4-for-1 deal after the $8.30 in trade credit. Only had to pay $0.75 difference.

Killzone 2

Killzone 3

CoD: MW2 (360)

CoD: MW3 (360)

Hopefully I can grab MGS4 and BFBC1 for PS3 along with two more games before the sale ends.

I've found that playing dumb and asking the employee "Are you guys still doing that $5 bonus for trade ins?" works very well, so far it's 5 out of 5 for me. They just take the coupon they already have behind the desk and scan it. A couple of times they even scanned it and then gave me the coupon to use next time.

Funny how the sheet says that a GS in Idaho still has a Zelda Master Edition... weeks ago I had my store's employee call that store to try and get it shipped here so I could buy it, but they said it was on hold for someone who needed an exchange. How long are they gonna hold it hostage?

My store did manage to get me a Master Edition after calling almost 10 stores, thanks to the employee's patience and thanks to blackbeard's sheet. If you missed it this morning when the Master Editions were in stock on the website for 5 minutes, don't give up!

That is what I was about to say, many states have to give you for whatever the lower posted price is.. be it scanned or marked.
The only way that they do not have to honor the pricing mistake is if they have a disclaimer clearly and visibly posted for that specific item in question.

The FTC's ruling ( https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/advertising-faqs-guide-small-business )
What responsibility does a company have to make sure that prices are accurate?
In many jurisdictions, companies are legally required to charge no more than the advertised or shelf price for a product, so good pricing practices are important for both customer satisfaction and a company’s bottom line. For tips on accurate pricing practices in advertising and in retail stores, ask the FTC for Good Pricing Practices? SCAN DO.

Massachusetts State Law ( http://www.mass.gov/ago/docs/regulations/940-cmr-6-00.pdf#page=13 )
It is an unfair or deceptive act for a seller, manufacturer, franchisor or distributor who discovers a material error in an advertisement subsequent to the submission date of the advertisement to fail to either honor the terms of the advertisement prior to correction, or to promptly correct any material misrepresentation … .
Good stuff, and I appreciate the feedback.

My former boss called me today and without me having to say anything he assured me it would not only be corrected, but worth my while to wait until the actual store leader (the person who walked in as i walked out) returns from vacation.

I buried the store in a survey, now im on a quest to get my damn points back on my pur account

I suppose I had never been in this particular situation before but I had a $25 and $10 off coupon to use on a used copy of Nioh. I also had Has Been Heroes for the Switch to return. The gal returned my game on the transaction which bumped my total down to 32 and some change, I assumed redeeming the coupons would just net me a zero. Instead I got $2 back on my trade card which is good to know, I wasn't sure that when coupons off were combined with a return the order of processes doesn't matter. Everyone else probably already knew that but I thought it could potentially be useful information.

Also found out this particular employee has a massive set which explains why I've never seen her wear anything form fitting before. I bet her preorder numbers would go through the roof if she took advantage.

Gs employee remarked that the $5 coupon would expire Fri (31 Mar) while handing it to me. Not sure how much is true?

I suppose I had never been in this particular situation before but I had a $25 and $10 off coupon to use on a used copy of Nioh. I also had Has Been Heroes for the Switch to return. The gal returned my game on the transaction which bumped my total down to 32 and some change, I assumed redeeming the coupons would just net me a zero. Instead I got $2 back on my trade card which is good to know, I wasn't sure that when coupons off were combined with a return the order of processes doesn't matter. Everyone else probably already knew that but I thought it could potentially be useful information.

Also found out this particular employee has a massive set which explains why I've never seen her wear anything form fitting before. I bet her preorder numbers would go through the roof if she took advantage.
Useful comment but creepy last remark. Bravo CAG

Hmmm not sure it's worth getting a B2G1 coupon, figure I'll wait for something better. I guess I'll trade in Bomberman, doubt there will be another 50% with it at the current value, $37.50 PUR/20%/$5 coupon is good enough. Not sure if I should keep 1-2 Switch, for the money feel like I should just keep it as a party game, but I could get that new tetris game for a couple of bucks if I can move some credit to Best Buy.

Phew, Legacy Edition COD for Xbox back up to even higher $30 base. Was 27.50, dropped to 24 Wednesday. Paid $28 for it last fall and hated it.

With business card and MLB bonus, I'll get $44! The kids in Persona 5 get arrested for less of a "steal"!

For those not flipping but just going from physical to digital, three good ones are Watch Dogs 2, Assassin's Creed Ezio Collection, and Mafia 3.  I'm like 30-40% done with all of those but its gonna take me weeks or months, but currently they are on sale on PSN and if you have a 20% coupon from last weeks PSN email (expires TODAY!) it drops the prices down to $28.79 for WD2 and $24 for Ezio and Mafia 3.  I doubt you'll see them lower digitally any time soon and the games trade in for base $27.50 Ezio and $17.50 the other two.  Trade em in, buy a $100 PSN card, enjoy the digital thug life.

new3.jpg

**30% Credit: Offer valid for game and accessory trades only through 4/2/17. Credit must be applied toward the pre-order or purchase of a new copy of MLB: The Show 17 or Mass Effect Andromeda. Not valid toward cash trades.

new3.jpg

This.. there weekly ad says 30% so it's still good enough for me. Unless anyone knows what's changing for Monday other then that now or never.

**30% Credit: Offer valid for game and accessory trades only through 4/2/17. Credit must be applied toward the pre-order or purchase of a new copy of MLB: The Show 17 or Mass Effect Andromeda. Not valid toward cash trades.

Was hoping for bumps on a few of the games I have been holding but didn't really happen. God of War 3 remaster did go to 12 base and I picked it up for $6 digital last week. With the $5 coupon looking at a decent deal for me since the physical cost me $9 a few months back.

Several good moves from BB to GS especially with the $5 coupon.

Can I get some recommendations for some PS3 4 for $10 games? I bought one a few years ago, but never played it much. I've only got Dishonored right now. I'm eyeing the Uncharted games and the Assassin's' Creed series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back