GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
damn did you just show up and they were closed or did they notify you?
They didn't notify me at all. I thought if they were closing a store they had to notify any existing pre-order holders they were being transferred over to another store. The store closed up overnight it seems. I swear it was opened a few days ago. I only noticed this morning because it still shows in the app that they have stock but it now the had a "( C )" next to the location name and I can no longer set it as my home store. I told my wife and she swung by to check right now and she says the signs are all gone and all the merchandise and displays are gone too.

They didn't notify me at all. I thought if they were closing a store they had to notify any existing pre-order holders they were being transferred over to another store. The store closed up overnight it seems. I swear it was opened a few days ago. I only noticed this morning because it still shows in the app that they have stock but it now the had a "( C )" next to the location name and I can no longer set it as my home store. I told my wife and she swung by to check right now and she says the signs are all gone and all the merchandise and displays are gone too.
Damn, that's pretty fucked up. Don't they at least transfer your preorders to the closest store though? I know they did when my local mall store closed a few years back

After doing a quick query it seems like around 160 stores are gone today. Gotta edit my inventory estimate formula now.

After doing a quick query it seems like around 160 stores are gone today.
damn do they still show up when you use the store locator on their website?

I just checked a pre order and I don't see a C anywhere so guessing my store is safe. Was a little worried since there is a newer one right across the street.

Is it possible to make a list of which stores closed?
Maybe although I don't know for sure as I used a really crude way to come up with it (uncharted 4 locations with stock way after closing last night) There was 3,860 stores with stock last night around midnight PST and now there is around 3,690ish locations with stock. I can't prove it but it does coincide with the number of stores they projected to close and it happened all of a sudden when I noticed my store was closed today. I used UC4 because they seem to have more of these then they do Maddens right now.

My local store closed and i was never informed. I had to check my gs account on the app and i had all these reserves at another store. The preorders were just moved with zero notification. Classic gs. But try signing into the app on your phone and check the preorder. It showed me the new location there, blackbeard.

For people whose stores closed, do those stores still show up on the website or on the app? There are three GameStops within a half mile of each other near me, and all are still showing up on both the website and app. I have a hard time believing that if they closed 160 locations, all three of those are still there

My local store closed and i was never informed. I had to check my gs account on the app and i had all these reserves at another store. The preorders were just moved with zero notification. Classic gs. But try signing into the app on your phone and check the preorder. It showed me the new location there, blackbeard.
But you preorders were moved though, so that sounds like you didn't lose anything? How did they know which store to move them to? Just the next closest store?

I'm concerned for my CE's that I can't re-preorder...

The location isnt completely removed from there system yet apparently. When I click on the pre-orders they still show the original location but it now has a ( C ) next to the store name. ( I assume that signifies it is a closed location and needs to be removed to the app devs)

But you preorders were moved though, so that sounds like you didn't lose anything? How did they know which store to move them to? Just the next closest store?

I'm concerned for my CE's that I can't re-preorder...
Yea i lost nothing. The store they moved it to actually takes longer to get to but on a map it looks closer. I had no idea the store was closing and went to the store the reserves were at only to find out it was closed. Then a week or so later i checked the app and noticed the reserves were at a different store. If this happens with a ce once you see it I would call and double check. I went to the store everything was moved to and the employees broke it down but outside of that there was barely any communication on gs side.

I checked the FAQ, but it didn't say exactly when the stealth bump usually ends? I'm guessing it ends Sunday?
Some have lasted only one day, but usually they last through Monday. We'll know for sure if someone gets an email from GS titled "You have __ games worth $___.__" with a disclaimer for how long the values are guaranteed.

Nope. Fairly large store by a strip mall it used to be an EBGames about 10 years ago.
Are you talking about the one by BJ's (North Ranch Mall)? That one closed couple of weeks ago - the app started complaining that there were no stores nearby every time I tried to check-in?

Edit: Sucks too because that was not only my "home" store, it also had the nicest employees.

Are you talking about the one by BJ's (North Ranch Mall)? That one closed couple of weeks ago - the app started complaining that there were no stores nearby every time I tried to check-in?

Edit: Sucks too because that was not only my "home" store, it also had the nicest employees.
Thats the one. So if that's true they started closing stores way before the fiscal earnings call.

Had to been after the Switch launch though as one of the guys in line with me said there were people camped outside their location all day on the 3rd.

Gosh the Search function is not friendly today.

I've tried "4 for $10" which searches for +$10

"4/$10" which searches for +4$10

"$4.99" which searches for +$499 rofl what?

geeez... I'm trying to find the end date of the 4 of the

Gosh the Search function is not friendly today.

I've tried "4 for $10" which searches for +$10

"4/$10" which searches for +4$10

"$4.99" which searches for +$499 rofl what?

geeez... I'm trying to find the end date of the 4 of the <$4.99games for $10 sale going on =/ what is the last day for this lol
It ends when they close on April 2nd according to the signage in the store

Also I think they closed 20 of the 300 stores I use as inventory samples too. Games like UC4 and Madden that usually have stock in all 300 stores are now all showing exactly 20 stores missing.

Some have lasted only one day, but usually they last through Monday. We'll know for sure if someone gets an email from GS titled "You have __ games worth $___.__" with a disclaimer for how long the values are guaranteed.
I just got this email and it says "Promotional values guaranteed through 4/3/17.*"

Anyone know more about the $50 extra iPad trade deal? I traded a destroyed iPad 2 to them a few months ago for $5, but I have another one that is somewhat functional but still needs work. The one I have now probably falls under the damaged category, so would they give $15 and an additional $50 for it or does it have to be in working condition?

Holy crap one of my stores I have pre orders at is closed now too. WTF!

Thats the one. So if that's true they started closing stores way before the fiscal earnings call.

Had to been after the Switch launch though as one of the guys in line with me said there were people camped outside their location all day on the 3rd.
The store that closed near me I was at just two weeks ago. Employees didn't seem to know.

It must've happened in the last two weeks, I remember visiting them close to the Switch release and they "promised" they'd call me if they have any more inventory (took my name/number for the same). :)

I have no idea what the purpose of the "N Moorpark Rd" store is, when you have the Oaks Mall one fairly close by. Of course, the North Ranch Mall area is slight affluent and may not be getting the same business as the Oaks Mall GS - but there are more soccer moms there than anywhere else (exaggeration!). What do I know about business, though!

I wish they gave an advance notice or something, fucking bastards.

fucking watched a guy today trade in like 7-8 clearly stolen redbox games and the cashier didn't even bat an eye. How do I know they were stolen you ask? He was trading in mass effect andromeda for xbone and PS4, RBI baseball for xbone, the show for PS4, and wild lands (maybe missed a fe). No fucking chance he's trading in 7-8 less than two week old games across multiple systems for cash. Wasn't even trying to be slick and peeling off the labels.

fucking watched a guy today trade in like 7-8 clearly stolen redbox games and the cashier didn't even bat an eye. How do I know they were stolen you ask? He was trading in mass effect andromeda for xbone and PS4, RBI baseball for xbone, the show for PS4, and wild lands (maybe missed a fe). No fucking chance he's trading in 7-8 less than two week old games across multiple systems for cash. Wasn't even trying to be slick and peeling off the labels.
Speaking of Redbox anyone been to one lately? I haven't seen them update any new sellable games since September with Madden 17.

I have no idea what the purpose of the "N Moorpark Rd" store is, when you have the Oaks Mall one fairly close by. Of course, the North Ranch Mall area is slight affluent and may not be getting the same business as the Oaks Mall GS - but there are more soccer moms there than anywhere else (exaggeration!). What do I know about business, though!
I hate the N Moorpark Rd store manager. He reminds me of the Simpson's comic book guy.

The_Simpsons-Jeff_Albertson.png

Hmm, for gossipy reasons can't wait to see if any GS I know of by horrible customer service experiences got shaqfucanned.

And hoping my favorite friendly ones are okay.

So how do you steal from red box, do you Fonzi the machine like a bag of Fritos that didn't fall down, don't they have cameras like ATMs?

Sounds like they're rushing to shut these stores down before April's rent is due.

Hmm, for gossipy reasons can't wait to see if any GS I know of by horrible customer service experiences got shaqfucanned.

So how do you steal from red box, do you Fonzi the machine like a bag of Fritos that didn't fall down, don't they have cameras like ATMs?

Sounds like they're rushing to shut these stores down before April's rent is due.
With stolen credit cards. On several occasions last year when I was flipping Redbox to GS I got fraud prevention calls from my bank making sure I was making the purchases. Guess it's a common enough occurrence.

Yeah the reason given for my local stores closure was a rental increase by the landlord. I was at a mall store less than a mile away and saw one of the closed store employees. He said he gets two weeks of pay, that's not bad for retail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back