GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
is this what they called cyber bullying? one person mock someone and everyone bandwagon it?

glad cag is better than gamefaqs, reddit, and neogaf... amirite guys?

would including a gif, jpg, or meme get me some likes? please let me know how i can make condescending posts and get some likes...
I do not think this is cyber bullying. I think for it to be you'd need doxing or cursing or being aggressively hostile. I could be wrong. I'd rather not be. I'll let you decide.

How hard will it be to reacquire NSMB 2 for 3DS cheaply if I trade it in? Is it OoP like Majora's Mask/Fire Emblem Awakening/Bravely Default, etc. ?
Have a couple of PS4 friends begging me to play ME: A MP with them. (Own ME on XB1.)
Our local Best Buy seems to always have Mario in stock. At the very least you can always find one from gamestop again.

SO weird thing I traded a copy of Red Dead yesterday and it gave me 24.25 trade credit

Is  there a promo going on I dnt know about?

SO weird thing I traded a copy of Red Dead yesterday and it gave me 24.25 trade credit
Is there a promo going on I dnt know about?
Just guessing based on the math, but it seems like the employee automatically added the 5$ bonus card to your trade. Very nice of them.

pur_april17.jpg

Anybody know a way to get that Kinect model S adapter cheap?

Saw the camera itself for as little as $20 ($16?). But never the adaptor.

Though I wonder what use it has with the new dashboard, any Ms guide to using Kinect is gonna be like, "say Xbox Snap That..." to get around. So crazy that MS didn't continue to sell Kinect bundles at "elite " prices, maybe with 1TB drives. I get why the adaptor is necessary, the smaller Xbox not having the power supply to handle it alone, but its crazy they didn't do a second camera like Sony with the pro, not to keep motion gaming alive, but just to have an equivalent of the Xbox Vision Cam, used the way games like Uno and Burnout Paradise did. And won't whatever VR thing MS does need a camera? Maybe project Scorpio gets Kinect 3.0

I love that they keep bumping the same frickin' games over and over (sleeping dogs, terraria, tomb raider, etc). It makes pawn hunting that much more profitable. Turned about $150 in crap I picked up over the month into $700. 

My local city's sales tax just increased today to 8.75% (from 8.25%). Glad I went and flipped a bunch of shit yesterday instead of this weekend.

I am sorry if I offended you. I did not attempt to correct your grammar. I merely tried to help you with sentence structure. I also think it's rather funny that all sentences in your last paragraph began with "I." I think it's easy to do that when treating the GameStop CAG thread like a diary though. I will be sure not to do it anymore. I hope I didn't upset you. I just want to be the best CAG I can possibly be. I am currently taking a dump while typing this. I think I will use Red Dead GOTY to turn my credit into cash tomorrow. I will be sure to trade in the games at different stores though. I am going to get Chick-Fil-A breakfast tomorrow, woohoo! I had a very hard time typing 13 sentences in a row that all started with "I," but here ya go!
Just an update on this, the Chick-Fil-A breakfast was amazing

That game is actually hard to come by physically so I would just keep it.
I see it all the time at stores here. I've been tempted to pick it up but it seems co-op focused.

Blackbeard - any reason we can't put filters on columns anymore to see only a certain console's values? It only gives sort a-z functionality.

The chicken egg and cheese bagel. 330 calories of excellence
It's not on the menu but next time order a Chicken, Egg, and Cheese Biscuit. It is Delicious!!!

I was late in trading in my OG 500GB Xbox for $175 but I managed to sell it for $200 today. Literally 2 minutes before selling the game, I got a CAG notification that the new S console was on sale at Shiprite for $200 with Battlefield 1! Talk about fortune!

Here is the link: http://www.shopritedelivers.com/Xbox-One-S-500GB-Battlefield--P36673.aspx

Code: 'shipfree' nets free shipping and most states don't have sales tax.

I was late in trading in my OG 500GB Xbox for $175 but I managed to sell it for $200 today. Literally 2 minutes before selling the game, I got a CAG notification that the new S console was on sale at Shiprite for $200 with Battlefield 1! Talk about fortune!
Wait a minute...Someone paid 200 for a fat xb1? Just console and controller or did you include a bunch of stuff?

Wait a minute...Someone paid 200 for a fat xb1? Just console and controller or did you include a bunch of stuff?
Yes. I kept all my original boxes and packaging. I sold the 500GB Master Chief Edition and the Master Chief Halo 5 controller and Titanfall. Surprisingly I got a lot of inquiries.

Hey CAGs can I return a game I purchased at one store but return it to another store that has the game im looking for?

Hey Blackbeard are the magic coupons in the FAQ intended to be printed out or should employees be OK with scanning them on ones phone?

Edit: well tried at one store and they did take phone scan. But now the issue I'm having is getting the 20% to go to something I don't have to fully buy today. Because the $5 coupon can only be used on one game a transaction, and cause MLB and Mass Effect are out, for example, I get $24.50 for Life is Strange, and want to wait to come back later with say Mario 3D Land and another $5 thing to apply to the same "preorder", because all the games with 20% are already out they expect you to buy the game right then and there, no holding and building up credit towards it later.

How are ya'll working things out?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just traded in about 5 or 6 older games, including kirby planet robopop which got $29 after bonus and 20% towards KH1.5

Got 150 trade in on games that would net me around 40 on amazon or best buy.

I just came back from trading in and I think I'm going to get a jr detective at one of my stores especially since all those in the one store start chatting to each other bout how much I got from trading in and how much I got in the card jeez lol not going to that one no more.

I just came back from trading in and I think I'm going to get a jr detective at one of my stores especially since all those in the one store start chatting to each other bout how much I got from trading in and how much I got in the card jeez lol not going to that one no more.
Would you happen to know a guy named Slidecage?

Fyi I just got done with my flips and the cashier automatically scanned a $5 bonus card and then put 4 more cards in the bag with the games I purchased. Seems like they're getting less stingy with the cards due to me not being able to get an actual one in over a month.

Either that or she just wants a mustache ride; now I just need to grow a mustache.

Fyi I just got done with my flips and the cashier automatically scanned a $5 bonus card and then put 4 more cards in the bag with the games I purchased. Seems like they're getting less stingy with the cards due to me not being able to get an actual one in over a month.

Either that or she just wants a mustache ride; now I just need to grow a mustache.
One store has a ton. They no longer sign each one and date it.

Managed to avoid the 4/$10. Bunch of stuff I don't need or have time to play.

Musta been the guy who sent it into NorAm without the remote that got it accepted then sold to me. Because the mf LE arrived today without a remote although the description said that it came complete.
Speaking of NorAm, they rejected my Pokemon Emerald for being a bootleg even though it was authentic (it was an off listing for $35)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back