GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Calm down. Maybe he's checking how stock is calculated and not necessarily seeing if it's physically in store. Deader has been as helpful as black here.
Something odd happened and trying to figure out if employee is dumb, up to something or some kinda glitch going on.

How the fuck would he check stock before stock even touches a store for five months? You trying to say he's full of shit?
overreaction-o.gif

So, was the 4/$10 extended?  I stopped in at GS tonight (first time since it started) and they told me it's over.  I didn't have time to waste having them try to ring up for and see if the promo applied.

So is there any magic way to get the $175 for my XB1 via the Switch promo without a Switch being in stock? Is there a bundle that can be preordered still in store that will trigger the bonus?

Thanks

I think I saw Best Buy is doing a b2g1 on used games sale might be useful to those of us who moved credit and want to bring it back. There's already tons of positive trades looks like you could make a killing.

^Unfortunately, alot of the used games are typically not available in store.
Or my store at least, I could be wrong.

Worth a shot though.

Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens for 360 is trading in for $13.75 right now, and I still have a couple of copies left over from when I bought nine of them in early January. What a time to be alive!

previous answers in the tread have been no.
If that's just the same price as you'd get with the generic $25 bonus towards "new systems", you might be able to just buy a $300 PS4 slim or something, don't open it, and return it when a switch comes in stock, or for store credit to then use to order a Switch online.

If that's just the same price as you'd get with the generic $25 bonus towards "new systems", you might be able to just buy a $300 PS4 slim or something, don't open it, and return it when a switch comes in stock, or for store credit to then use to order a Switch online.
I have two XB1's I wanted to get rid of. I wanted to trade one in towards hopefully a Switch bundle preorder for $175 and than go back and trade the second one one towards the same preorder a day or two later for another $175. At least that's how I was hoping it would work out.

This stealth bump worked out really nicely for me with Target clearance, made a nice profit literally just walking some games next door since they're in the same plaza for me.

so you guys think i should wait to trade in or just do it now?
If you do it now, you have to buy KH 1.5+2.5 HD or MLB The Show 17, but if you wait until tomorrow, you can put $5 down on Persona 5 (or whatever else qualifies) and do whatever with that preorder later.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have two XB1's I wanted to get rid of. I wanted to trade one in towards hopefully a Switch bundle preorder for $175 and than go back and trade the second one one towards the same preorder a day or two later for another $175. At least that's how I was hoping it would work out.
You have to pay off the full amount when you order the Switch bundle.
Did it last week.

^And maybe they'll let you trade both for 350 towards the bundle. Since it cost more.
Pretty sure people have done it before.

Does anybody know what would happen if I trade in a phat 500 go XB1 and a phat PS4 towards a PS4 Pro? Would I get the bonus $25 on each system or just one of them?

Thanks

Does anybody know what would happen if I trade in a phat 500 go XB1 and a phat PS4 towards a PS4 Pro? Would I get the bonus $25 on each system or just one of them?

Thanks
The bonus will only apply to one so you'll have to get an override for the second. A good employee will adjust it for you or let you return the system immediately and do the the bonus again.

I keep a preorder mule available for such deals.

Example:

I still have a KH 1.5/2.5 preordered in my local store. You can still deposit on that game i.e. layaway as long as you preordered the title before release. I trade, add a couple bucks to my preorder, still wont pick it up, still receive the bonus

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back