GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
That sucked drove out to a far out area but apparently the DM there has forced Refurb fees on no cases which some of the boomerangs had none of. Wasn't going to argue so I drove out further to flip my games. Overall with the stealth bump I made $100 credit paid off Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, MLB the Show 17 and Kingdom Hearts.

Come on, man! No way that the Ezio Collection had that TIV before the stealth bump lol
Holding out hope Mario Kart DS was $15 before this weekend and will remain tomorrow. Anyways, another weekend, another bump, sure it'll be close enough again. $24.50 for that game ain't all that special cause most indie game stores sell it for $20-30, but when picking a hand full up at $5 a pop and pawn shops or yard sales...

That sucked drove out to a far out area but apparently the DM there has forced Refurb fees on no cases which some of the boomerangs had none of. Wasn't going to argue so I drove out further to flip my games. Overall with the stealth bump I made $100 credit paid off Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, MLB the Show 17 and Kingdom Hearts.
You should've shown that online says it doesn't need the case.

Holding out hope Mario Kart DS was $15 before this weekend and will remain tomorrow. Anyways, another weekend, another bump, sure it'll be close enough again. $24.50 for that game ain't all that special cause most indie game stores sell it for $20-30, but when picking a hand full up at $5 a pop and pawn shops or yard sales...
It was $8

El Shaddai:

National Estimation: 1226

Afrika:
National Estimation: 111

Under Defeat HD:
National Estimation: 4

Majin and the Foresaken Kingdom:
National Estimation: 766

Apache Air Assault:
National Estimation: 2048

Painkiller Hell and Damnation:
National Estimation: 41
I wonder how many Wii games have 0... My guess is 50-100 of them, but who knows? (Don't waste your time checking that unless you REALLY want to..)

Anyway, how does Under Defeat only have 4 copies in gamestop when there are 15ish on amazon?

Went to return rebuy nier to get the $10 pro gaming pass discount, associates told me they would do it.
They screwed it up and gave me $20 off instead. I told them but they said it was cool.

Hey, I just came back from returning the copy of Kingdom Hearts I picked up last week. Funds went right back to my trade card. Then I used it to pay off my Persona 5 copy.
Haha nice I'll have to return/exchange my copy as well I'll do it sooner or later before the dead line but on boomerang games lol.

I wonder how many Wii games have 0... My guess is 50-100 of them, but who knows? (Don't waste your time checking that unless you REALLY want to..)
Anyway, how does Under Defeat only have 4 copies in gamestop when there are 15ish on amazon?
Under Defeat might not be rare. It might just be that no one who owns it is willing to trade it in since it's a shmup which is an underrepresented genre on the PS3.

Will there be a midnight release at GameStop for Persona 5? I'm really itching to play the game...
GS pretty much releases each major new game now at 9pm local time to match digital release. Customers get their game early, & GS doesn't have to pay employees to be in the store until 1 am.

Any word on this week's ad? I'm hoping there's some Funko Pop deals this week. I'm currently thinking about getting a mystery box or two from Black Friday. I've gotten fortunate to pick up three of them and pick up the three Pops I wanted but now I'm looking to the two gold ones, hopefully those will go on sale soon.
Outside of BF/Dec./Tax return season, most of GS's weekly deals run W-Tues.

So I have a question. I saved the estimate right before they changed it and it shows and says on the gamestop app that the trade in value ends today 4/4 for spiderman it is 17.60 cash but it tanked to 13 when u actually look for it on search do u guys think they will honor it?

So I have a question. I saved the estimate right before they changed it and it shows and says on the gamestop app that the trade in value ends today 4/4 for spiderman it is 17.60 cash but it tanked to 13 when u actually look for it on search do u guys think they will honor it?
Ymmv. Some will honor it, but the majority will decline the saved value.

No way.. all values went super low. They should've left them all week.
R1GdNyf.gif

I traded in a bunch of Xbox One stuff yesterday night and forgot the Overwatch disc at home. This morning, the value dropped from 30 to 22.50. I think I'll wait till the next one. Overall, I netted about 387 after spending 40 bucks on Funko Mystery boxes. Not too shabby.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the gamestop ad often get posted a few days before it goes live? I haven't seen one for tomorrow, maybe I'm just blind.
Ive never seen it posted early. Probably cause there usually isn't anything worth mentioning to have a thread for the ad.

I've experienced both ways of handling it:

1) F off, my computer is all we can use for this and I love saving corporate $4 so they can give me a $.05 raise every 3 years.

2) Sure, I understand how sh*tty our computer systems are and they don't pay me enough to risk having an argument with you.

YMMV. If they don't honor it, politely ask for your stuff back and try another store if it's worth it to you. My local store will always honor the saved value.

1) F off, my computer is all we can use for this and I love saving corporate $4 so they can give me a $.05 raise every 3 years.

2) Sure, I understand how sh*tty our computer systems are and they don't pay me enough to risk having an argument with you.

YMMV. If they don't honor it, politely ask for your stuff back and try another store if it's worth it to you. My local store will always honor the saved value.
Haha true... it is worth it especially if u just got spiderman for 5 bucks lol.

The raw after mania has always been nuts. And goodness gracious, will the writers PLEASE turn Roman heel already. I feel bad for the guy now
Right. They should just make him some type of America hater like Rusev was at his peak. He's already hated and that would make it even worse, but at least it's on purpose. They need to change up his attire as well.

I added Painkiller Hell and Damnation for all who didn't know. I had to import it from the UK since I've never actually seen the US copy.
Had not heard of Painkiller: Hell and Damnantion. Seems like my kinda game. Got a PS3 copy coming in from shop4america. $14.99 shipped. Thanks to the bearded one.

I just tell them I want my saved trade value from their ap & if that's not possible to call their 1-800 # for assistance. That usually works for me. They already hate me anyway at all my local GameStops. I always try to be nice & even leave good reviews once in awhile. Lately, I've even included the cases to my trades. They still cringe when they see me walk in. They just hate on me because I'm a regular who is always trading/taking advantage of promos/using coupons. I take a $5 Trade bonus card every transaction without asking. They're just laying there at checkout stapled to a list of upcoming PS4 & XB1 games. They only offer them to soccer mom's & confused non-gamer dads who would never in a million years do a trade.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back