GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
want a little clarification on the $2k limit per rolling 30 days. does the count start on a day of trade?

1st day - $1000

25th day - $800

30 days up

31st day - is it reset to $0 or did the 1st day start on the 25th with $800?

guess im confused by meaning of "rolling".

I wonder if I will get a refurb fee on this?

18664291_1723255294366495_7233977233333001178_n.jpg

want a little clarification on the $2k limit per rolling 30 days. does the count start on a day of trade?

1st day - $1000
25th day - $800
30 days up

Today is the 26th so you will have to wait until the 27th of june to trade in if your at 1999. If you turn in 1500 worth of stuff today on the 26th and then 499 on the 15th of june.. you will have to wait until the 16th of july. I believe that's what rolling means or am I wrong?

That's said I always wait until Sunday or Monday to trade stuff in because it gives me 2-3 extra days to look for more flips and I try and go to the same store to trade in but I go inside first to make sure it's a different employee lol.

1st day - $1000

25th day - $800

30 days up

My understanding is that it works like this:

May 1: Trade $1000 (this would roll off on June 1)

May 15: Trade $800 (meaning you've traded $1800 in this rolling 30 day window $1000 of it will roll off on June 1 and $800 on June 15)

June 1: Resets to $800

June 15: Resets to $0 against the limit

I generally try not to get anywhere close to the limits, because it's a dangerous game and you don't want to be banned. It's good to get friends or family to help out if you have them available and keep receipts or a spreadsheet so you've got an idea.

Could anyone explain trade bump email? I havent received any trade bump email yet.
usually we get emails that tell you that you have x amount of games worth so much credit. these emails help us know how long the trade bumps are good for and if we get these emails we are 99% guaranteed trade values will stay for the time shown in the email.

Walk in the store with a list of games to pick up and the lady asks me if I am getting the same games I traded in almost a month ago (last month was the first time back to GS flipping for years). Not a good sign and she had a moment of silent shock for the b2g1 free working on multiples. Made out nicely but she did screw me with a new minecraft x1 instead of used which cost me about $55 and had to go back to the store after because the minecraft was an empty case. Thanked both of them a lot and said I would leave good marks as they did help me get a bunch of games. Also the system automatically discounted the $15 gamestop giftcard I added when I picked up $75 on a nike gift card.

Walk in the store with a list of games to pick up and the lady asks me if I am getting the same games I traded in almost a month ago (last month was the first time back to GS flipping for years). Not a good sign and she had a moment of silent shock for the b2g1 free working on multiples. Made out nicely but she did screw me with a new minecraft x1 instead of used which cost me about $55 and had to go back to the store after because the minecraft was an empty case. Thanked both of them a lot and said I would leave good marks as they did help me get a bunch of games. Also the system automatically discounted the $15 gamestop giftcard I added when I picked up $75 on a nike gift card.
What the hell are you guys doing to get remembered like this? Lol

May 15: Trade $800 (meaning you've traded $1800 in this rolling 30 day window $1000 of it will roll off on June 1 and $800 on June 15)
I generally try not to get anywhere close to the limits, because it's a dangerous game and you don't want to be banned. It's good to get friends or family to help out if you have them available and keep receipts or a spreadsheet so you've got an idea.
So is this the proper meaning? Cuz in that case I can trade in hundreds more. I thought it was the way I described it but who knows.

The only thing I can think of is that I had a large trade in ($650) and she might have saw the multiple preorders of WW2/Destiny last time. I literally had not stepped foot in a Gamestop for ~1.5-2 years before that and even then I would typically not do large flips unless it was upgrading a console. The store I flipped too might remember me because the guy had me sign a sheet (trade was over $800) that looked like it was one of those, "I agree the stuff is not stolen" sheets.

edit: To add to that the area around me typically is poor to middle class so I doubt they actually get major trade ins.

I get remembered at my gamestop but thats cause i buy a ton of shit. Its not like I use them to simply boomerang. Actually, most of the items I trade in aren't boomeranged.

yeah that's how i was interpreting it. basically every new transaction begins a new 30 day window, but it also adds on to the previous 30 day window if it exists.

thanks!

Today is the 26th so you will have to wait until the 27th of june to trade in if your at 1999. If you turn in 1500 worth of stuff today on the 26th and then 499 on the 15th of june.. you will have to wait until the 16th of july. I believe that's what rolling means or am I wrong?

That's said I always wait until Sunday or Monday to trade stuff in because it gives me 2-3 extra days to look for more flips and I try and go to the same store to trade in but I go inside first to make sure it's a different employee lol.
but this also makes sense. i have no idea :(

i try to go Friday afternoon because so far, the three stores around me don't have the managers working at this time, but they are usually there during the weekend lol. so i might do some smaller stuff again on sunday and monday, but the big one goes friday

I have to say, they can check your preorders at multiple stores people. They will catch on. Once the game comes out, go in and cancel it and switch the preorder to either a different trade boost preorder or something small like a funko pop. If you aren't willing to sacrifice those $5 into something useless like a funko pop, then you're not flipping good enough. Stay home, and don't fuck it up for the rest of us.

How do yall have that much crap to trade in?

How much was your upfront investment?

Do you not keep any games in collection?
There are certain games that I have bought, sold, rebought cheap, sold again high, and rebought cheaper yet.

There's several games like this throughout the year that seem to meet that sweet spot of being worth $25-$35 trade value multiple times per year at GameStop while also going on sale for $15-$25 elsewhere or Amazon warehouse deals frequently.

I have to say, they can check your preorders at multiple stores people. They will catch on. Once the game comes out, go in and cancel it and switch the preorder to either a different trade boost preorder or something small like a funko pop. If you aren't willing to sacrifice those $5 into something useless like a funko pop, then you're not flipping good enough. Stay home, and don't fuck it up for the rest of us.
yep, one guy saw that I had 3 CoD/Destiny preorders last bump month but didn't really do anything about it. I was my last set of trades so I figured I was heading to a jr detective ban. Fortunately, it was ok. In the meantime, I moved those Destiny and CoD preorders over to Injustice (then returned it this week) and refunded to the other. This was one store who forced me to pay off the entire amounts. No big deal, easy to move it around later.

Sticking with PvZ from BB but it was a bit painful moving BB credit to GS credit....but couldn't resist the 2x plus flip.

I read the last 5 pages or so and updated the FAQ with some new questions, and updated some old information

PSA: If someone asks a "noob" question, instead of answering them, please direct them to the FAQ on the first page. That way they can educate themselves and will have a lower chance to ask more noob questions :)

I read the last 5 pages or so and updated the FAQ with some new questions, and updated some old information

PSA: If someone asks a "noob" question, instead of answering them, please direct them to the FAQ on the first page. That way they can educate themselves and will have a lower chance to ask more noob questions :)
You forgot to address the common question. Who is iatcg? Probably need to add that to the FAQ too.

but this also makes sense. i have no idea :(

i try to go Friday afternoon because so far, the three stores around me don't have the managers working at this time, but they are usually there during the weekend lol. so i might do some smaller stuff again on sunday and monday, but the big one goes friday
I reread the FAQ on the first page and the other guy was right on the rolling 30 days I didn't see it before they must have added the answer. So I guess I can trade thousands more if that's the case.

Did $255 today. Bought the surge because im more interested to play it than rime. Reat on amazon gift cards. Feels good, man.

I did one of each platform of pvz 2, found a persona q at a local shop for $15 (could have gotten bo2 and nfs ps4 as well but didnt want to put more cash in).

The rest were bought cheaper than their value from gamestop and amazon warehouse. I think ive owned skyrim ps4 and watch dogs 2 3 times now, they keep getting bumped higher than i paid.
Is there a specific promo that kicks in a bonus for buying The Surge, or am I reading this wrong? I just discovered that Alien Isolation for the PS4 is worth $16.50 base, and I'd like to dump it to get a promo bump since I already own the game digitally on Xbox One.

Edit: Sorry. Just saw The Surge listed on the promos page. Durrr...

Man, what happened to the trade in value for PS3 Dualshock 3's
Says it's at $9 base, welp

Have a copy of infinite warfare I'll trade since that got a boost, didn't score much cheap thrift games so no flipping :(

so i had my bro dump all the games to a gamestop but I found out that the store that has all the games i need to flip again is the same store he dumped them in. it was just the store manager because he went near closing that saw him. what are the odds that he will be there in the morning ??

Some of their employees just have good memories. I have 2 at my local that remember me and I haven't done anything at all to be memorable. I just buy a few games, make a few trades and leave. But they remember me and what systems and games I play. Most I've ever traded at once was a little over $100

Good one, but odds and win/loss records aren't the same thing.
I'm a GSW fan but Darby's comment was a burn. If no one gets injured and Clay Thompson stops playing shitty the Warriors will win it.

I flipped about $1400 this time around. Will wait till next month for more flips.

Man, what happened to the trade in value for PS3 Dualshock 3's
Says it's at $9 base, welp

Have a copy of infinite warfare I'll trade since that got a boost, didn't score much cheap thrift games so no flipping :(
Tons of knockoff fake Chinese dual shock 3s that are almost impossible to determine if they are real or fake. They probably get returned and defected at a high rate. It's going to be real tough to find good real dual shock 3s in the future when you can't buy them new from legitimate retailers.

Tons of knockoff fake Chinese dual shock 3s that are almost impossible to determine if they are real or fake. They probably get returned and defected at a high rate. It's going to be real tough to find good real dual shock 3s in the future when you can't buy them new from legitimate retailers.
Hell, they're tough to find new now. I bought one back in December on Black Friday to keep factory sealed and haven't seen one new since.

I guess this happened ealier this month, but my points about a week ago is not posted. Weirdly, yesterday's transaction is. Also have one 0 point transaction too... no idea what's going on. Anybody has this issue?

so i had my bro dump all the games to a gamestop but I found out that the store that has all the games i need to flip again is the same store he dumped them in. it was just the store manager because he went near closing that saw him. what are the odds that he will be there in the morning ??
So you're asking us for his work schedule? How the heck are we suppose to know? You should have grown a pair and asked him, "Hey cutie, are you doing anything fun tomorrow?"

Did a good old B14G7 free yesterday (god bless this coupon) before leaving for my trip with the lady. Stuffed all 21 games in a bag I figured she wouldn't check. The difficult part has been accomplished. Now all I've got to do is sneak off to a Gamestop some time today, and then.... 

giphy.gif

Looking at a really easy $300 profit. Not bad for a stealth weekend I didn't think I'd get to partake in. Thanks blackbeard! The B2G1 w/ bonus sheet is a godsend.

Quick question
Will the 40% boost activate if I put 5 dollars down towards the pre order of RIME on the switch?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back