GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
Traded in 2 PVZ GW2s and Mario Party 9, which I used a $25 off preowned, +10% off for trading in a game + $15.70 credit +$6 for $127.50. Picked up my preorder of Ultra Street Fighter II. Paid off my Agents of Mayhem, and preordered Shadow of War, Final Fantasy XII: Zodiac, Rime. 

Not too bad for roughly $50 out of pocket. 

I have 2 more PVZ GW2s coming, but I think I'm going to return one to Walmart and play the PS4 version. Also, I got 2 additional 10% offs when trading in games. 

Sad day, gameStop by my house finally has Amazon gift cards. Went to get 1 and employee called DM. DM said no game stops in my city will allow trade credit > Amazon. :(
Don't say you're using your trade credit card, just use it when they ring up the sale. If you're super paranoid about it, you could put a sticker over the front of the card to hide that it's a gamestop trade credit card.
Yep, I don't even take out my wallet until I'm ready to swipe.

Last year when I was doing a lot of GS --->> Amazon, I once had an employee ask how I was going to pay before he rang me up. I said "my credit card". He said "Oh ok" and rang me up. Took out my wallet and grabbed my Gamestop trade credit card ;) and swiped away.

That said, I never trade games and buy amazon cards on the same visit, and never buy them at my frequently visited stores. I like to fly under the radar a bit when I buy them to keep the jr. detectives off my back.

I wonder if I will get a refurb fee on this?

18664291_1723255294366495_7233977233333001178_n.jpg
I wonder if that guy has seen who's on the cover of Madden 18. :)

$1750 this weekend already plus an additional $300 in electronics trades 2 weeks back.  

Place your ban bets.  

Haha! I busted out laughing. I went over things again this morning and I know for a fact I didn't go over any game or trade limits. So I must of been flagged by some jr detective "/. I went to one store a week ago that I never go to and I bet that's when it happened. Well I'm routing for y'all on the sidelines for awhile. At least I got away with $600 in credit before it happened.
this has me worried now lol. I had a second b2g1 coupon and bought a bunch. didn't trade back in at my home store because saw same employee as yesterday when I did $300 credit. so decided to go to a brand new one to do today's $400,hope they don't flag me. was the store leader who rang me up and he seemed cool enough

Came across a first today: game I bought FROM GS itself, the employee refused to take it because he could see through the disc. He kept holding it to the light.

Came across a first today: game I bought FROM GS itself, the employee refused to take it because he could see through the disc. He kept holding it to the light.
I've had them try to charge refurb fees on games that I bought from a different GameStop 10 or 15 minutes before. I never argue just usually return them on the original receipt or eat the refurb fee, but I'm always tempted to let them know that the quality was high enough for them to sell it to me.

Question about extra trade in credit towards a particular purchase.

Let's say I trade in about $300 worth of games and say I want to put it towards Tell Tales Guardians of the galaxy, which is only $30 and currently has a 40% trade in bonus. Will I get the bonus on each game I trade, or is there some kind of cap that the bonus cannot exceed the price of the item being purchased.
Just add your total trade in amount , multiply it x 1.4 ,subtract $30 for GotG game. Return the game at a later time at a different store . Net you 140 minus gas/time/taxes if applicable

Example you trade in $100 , boosts to $140, minus Guardians $30 = 110 .
+ $30 if you return the game

1st page FAQ dammit

this has me worried now lol. I had a second b2g1 coupon and bought a bunch. didn't trade back in at my home store because saw same employee as yesterday when I did $300 credit. so decided to go to a brand new one to do today's $400,hope they don't flag me. was the store leader who rang me up and he seemed cool enough
I wouldn't be too worried. You seem to be doing things carefully too. I just messed up. I had become good friends with the guys at this mall store whic. Became my home store. They were upset I got banned too honestly cause they rarely get business during the summer in a mall. So they wanted all my trades, and I helped them by constantly renewing my card. I just messed up going outside my main three stores. I went too big on a purchase at this random store and probably got flagged.
Just ask a bunch of questions, and pretending to act clueless works most of the time lol

I wouldn't be too worried. You seem to be doing things carefully too. I just messed up. I had become good friends with the guys at this mall store whic. Became my home store. They were upset I got banned too honestly cause they rarely get business during the summer in a mall. So they wanted all my trades, and I helped them by constantly renewing my card. I just messed up going outside my main three stores. I went too big on a purchase at this random store and probably got flagged.
Just ask a bunch of questions, and pretending to act clueless works most of the time lol

dang man, sorry to hear. yeah I try to be careful but you never know who feels like dogging. I always try to make small talk lol

gonna go trade in Guardians of galaxy tomorrow after I beat the first episode so ill find out. didn't want to do return since risky with my super long receipt

Question about extra trade in credit towards a particular purchase.

Let's say I trade in about $300 worth of games and say I want to put it towards Tell Tales Guardians of the galaxy, which is only $30 and currently has a 40% trade in bonus. Will I get the bonus on each game I trade, or is there some kind of cap that the bonus cannot exceed the price of the item being purchased.
After you read the FAQ on page 1, if you are actually trading in $300 worth of games, be sure to get a PUR Pro membership. It costs $15, and will get you $30 more in credit on the transaction, so it's already paid for itself.

My kids are great for deflecting GameStop associates suspecions
Yeah, having a partner in flipping is always handy. Makes for a nice cover for all sorts of our odd behavior. 'I need a second copy for them.' 'I need to buy the same game on multiple systems so I can play with friends and they can play with me.'

I'm not sure if it's been discussed but the Early Tip-off editions of NBA 2k17 for the ps3/360 are $19.99. It might be a long shot but some stores had them around me. Unfortunately, they are all on hold by now...lol

tmr is gonna be day 30th day since last months stealth bump. are those on the sideline from april gonna go all out on their gs tmr?

I feel like I saw this asked, but can't find it. Anyone know if the 10% off for trading in a game coupon stacks with a B2G1 free?

Well got nabbed twice today with "if your trade is over the amount of the preorder you HAVE to pay off" bullshit.

Exact same story at two locations I bet a DM sent an email.

Well got nabbed twice today with "if your trade is over the amount of the preorder you HAVE to pay off" bullshit.

Exact same story at two locations I bet a DM sent an email.
I got that before. Store manager told me I couldn't just put down $5 and walk away with a 60% trade bonus. He was pretty patronizing about it too. Little does he know, I'm probably going to go back in a couple months, make sure he's working, and tell him to cancel at least 2 pre-orders.

Wow so that link to renew online really works got another year on all my accounts hope to get coupons by Monday :) my limits should reset tomorrow too

Wow so that link to renew online really works got another year on all my accounts hope to get coupons by Monday :) my limits should reset tomorrow too
Let the thread know if you successfully get the coupon, I'll add that link to the FAQ. Would be much easier to renew online and get the coupon rather than having employees question why someone is renewing their PUR despite having it through 2020

oh dang it, totally forgot to try that today with all the games I got today
Tried to stack the 10% off when trading coupon with a B2G1 (sacrificed a copy of Black Ops 2). They typed it in after the B2G1 and it gave them an error message about qualifying items or something. Usually I don't buy it when they say there's an "error" on a coupon, but they showed me the screen.

I was a little bummed it didn't work, but I saved a lot with the B2G1 coupon.

Let the thread know if you successfully get the coupon, I'll add that link to the FAQ. Would be much easier to renew online and get the coupon rather than having employees question why someone is renewing their PUR despite having it through 2020
You get taxed for it depending on your state if you renew online. Though you might be able to change your state so you don't.

I found a few profitable NewEgg -> Gamestop trade ins with their current sale, baseline, if you wanted to convert NewEgg credit to Gamestop credit.

:ps4::

RE4/5/6 : $12 - > $12.50

SFV : $12 -> $12.50

Refurb fees are so hit and miss. I was near a GS I don't normally go to and tried to unload 5 games. He was trying to hit me with the Refurb fee on 3 of them and I told him I would keep those 3. Went to my home store and traded them in with no issue. I've always wondered if the employee gets some type of incentive for that fee.

I got that before. Store manager told me I couldn't just put down $5 and walk away with a 60% trade bonus. He was pretty patronizing about it too. Little does he know, I'm probably going to go back in a couple months, make sure he's working, and tell him to cancel at least 2 pre-orders.
I honestly think this strategy might be more counterproductive in the long run. By doing that you'll further encourage him on no longer allowing you to deposit the minimum, covering his ass. Maybe doing a return is much more forgiving than cancelling a preorder, just my guess...

I honestly think this strategy might be more counterproductive in the long run. By doing that you'll further encourage him on no longer allowing you to deposit the minimum, covering his ass on future trade-ins. Maybe doing a return is much more forgiving than cancelling a preorder, just my guess...

Thank you Blackbeard for your amazing work!

I turned $250 credit and a couple games on my shelf to over $500. Took the wife and kid to Olive Garden with a gift card acquired in the process as a thank you for letting me go out.

Traded in my Gamestop stack I have been building up for almost $500 credit today, $52.50 credit for MP9 and Heart Gold is insane. I also renewed my Pro membership so hopefully I will have a B2G1 to use by the time the bump ends. 

I tried for the first time to get Amazon cards and was shot down almost immediately. First he asked how much and I said $400 (probably should have started lower but whatever) then he brought up something about loss prevention, then asked how I would be paying for them. I kept saying it will work and he was wrong but he didn't want to try it. Went to a mall location a few minutes before closing and my brother got one no problem, but I missed out because I went to BB to get PVZ 2 so ill have to go back to that store soon.

The guy who hit me with that at one store is cool so I will just pick up the preorder and return it. The other dude was a dick bag about it so I will probably go back later this week and cancel it on him. I will never understand why a retail drone feels the need to take an attitude about things, I totally understand that working during a holiday weekend sucks but you can be polite and professional about your job regardless.

How do you guys get the most out of the B2G1 coupon. on Monday is gonna be my first boomerang with the B2G1 hopefully I get enough profit from the credit i get with the games I trade in tomorrow.

Sheets man, the sheets.

Check em.
I know that but was looking for someone to message me and be like I got this this this and that for this much and got that for profit. Lol. It's all good tho I'll figure it out. I should have just asked do y'all get like 3 copies of the same game?

How do you guys get the most out of the B2G1 coupon. on Monday is gonna be my first boomerang with the B2G1 hopefully I get enough profit from the credit i get with the games I trade in tomorrow.
1st step is you have to suck Blackbeard's dong

2nd Gather trade in Intel, courtesy of pre mentioned Blackbeard's sheets. Do the pseudo math and make sure you come up on the up/green side

3rd suck me off for not reading page 1 FAQ

I'm renewed for like 30 years into the future across 3 accounts. Sometimes they look at me funny , most times they are just happy with the renewal.

old promo, new games

Offer valid for game and accessory trades only. Credit must be applied toward the pre-order or purchase of a new copy of The Elder Scrolls Online: Morrowind, MXGP3, or Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood. Not valid toward cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Defective items may be eligible for trade at a lesser value. Trades subject to manager approval. Cannot be combined with any other offer. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States and Guam only. Void where prohibited. GameStop, Inc. reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the offer for any reason without notice. Offer valid through 6/18/17.

1st step is you have to suck Blackbeard's dong

2nd Gather trade in Intel, courtesy of pre mentioned Blackbeard's sheets. Do the pseudo math and make sure you come up on the up/green side

3rd suck me off for not reading page 1 FAQ
Step 1 is a hard nut to swallow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back