GameStop Trade & Promos XXVII: Values available on the website and on Android/iOS app.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
WELCOME TO THE NEW GAMESTOP TRADE-IN THREAD.

The new thread format will be a work in progress but this first post will be the promos that are active and useful information, but also wikified. The second post will currently be frequently asked questions but may move it into the first post. Post three will be historical trade-in values from before the list.

Trade-in Values Available at: http://www.gamestop.com/trade

Also on GameStop app on iOS and Android

Upcoming Promotions/Information:

From GameStop employees on CAG:

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Guaranteed $30/$40 on select games (Varying End Dates)

GameStop.com said:

Last edited by a moderator:
I had over 100,000 PUR points that I blew on coupons because the rewards were crappy for a long time. I just got on today and see that they have the mega buster for 50,000 and LoZ ocarina for 30,000. 

Crying.gif

Does gamestop care if it's the original HDMI that comes with the XB1? I have some junkier cords I don't like and would rather offload my X1 with those if possible.

What are you talking about?
Let's say you are buying a $30 game. Well, with PUR you get it for $27 due to the 10% discount.

Let's also say you want to use a $10 off preowned coupon. Well, they take the $10 off the $30, then take the 10% off the remaining $20. So, you pay $18....

Meaning you only got $9 off with a $10 off coupon.

Does gamestop care if it's the original HDMI that comes with the XB1? I have some junkier cords I don't like and would rather offload my X1 with those if possible.
I traded in my xbox one with the hdmi cable that originally came with a ps4. I got $225 and $6.05 for the headset.

I've got 3 games worth trading in, whether or not I will this weekend is different story.

w/ PUR Pro Bonus

Minecraft: PlayStation 3 Edition - $13.75 (bought it for $5 at a local pawn shop)

Need for Speed: Rivals - $19.25 (bought it on clearance for $10 at Target)

Skate 3 - $16.50 (bought it at GS for $18 w/ PUR Pro so I would get most of it back in credit)

I would be looking at getting $49.50 in credit for these 3 games, if I trade them...

Will I have to pay tax on preorders using credits?
I don't think so if you have enough credit to cover the full amount (at least in TX). I traded my games straight up for Splatoon and wasn't charged tax (so 59.99 worth of credit). I would imagine it makes no difference for a pre-order.

I think I'm done trading in a Gamestop.  I usually eBay my old games but I've traded into GS on occasion.  I decided to pre-order Mad Max and WWE 2k16 at GS since I have a couple of $25 gc's from e-rewards.  During that weekend bump up in trade values a few weeks ago, I traded in WWE 2k15 for the X1 and a mint copy of UMvC3 for the 360 I picked up at a pawn shop like a year ago (it was in still in wrap when I got it, but I opened it and never ended up using it).

The guy taking my trade-ins scanned them in no problems but then decided to look them over.  You'd think his pudgy fingers had never taken a game out of a case before the way he twisted and bent trying to get UMvC3 out of it's case.  He looked at the inner ring, put it back in the case, and then decided to clumsily pry it out again to get another look at it.  Then he repeated the whole process a third time.  He said the inner ring was cracked, but his coworker said it could be refurbished so I was docked $4 on the trade-in. 

I've never had a problem with trade-ins before and was actually complemented a few times on how well I kept my games intact.  That fat bastard broke my disc trying to pry it out of the case 3 different times.  What a waste.  I hope Mad Max is a fantastic freakin' game.

I say I'm done with GS, but I see that Skyward Sword trades in for $30 now and I know it'd pay off my WWE 2k16 pre-order...

I think I'm done trading in a Gamestop. I usually eBay my old games but I've traded into GS on occasion. I decided to pre-order Mad Max and WWE 2k16 at GS since I have a couple of $25 gc's from e-rewards. During that weekend bump up in trade values a few weeks ago, I traded in WWE 2k15 for the X1 and a mint copy of UMvC3 for the 360 I picked up at a pawn shop like a year ago (it was in still in wrap when I got it, but I opened it and never ended up using it).

The guy taking my trade-ins scanned them in no problems but then decided to look them over. You'd think his pudgy fingers had never taken a game out of a case before the way he twisted and bent trying to get UMvC3 out of it's case. He looked at the inner ring, put it back in the case, and then decided to clumsily pry it out again to get another look at it. Then he repeated the whole process a third time. He said the inner ring was cracked, but his coworker said it could be refurbished so I was docked $4 on the trade-in.

I've never had a problem with trade-ins before and was actually complemented a few times on how well I kept my games intact. That fat bastard broke my disc trying to pry it out of the case 3 different times. What a waste. I hope Mad Max is a fantastic freakin' game.

I say I'm done with GS, but I see that Skyward Sword trades in for $30 now and I know it'd pay off my WWE 2k16 pre-order...
trade them in cd sleeves. easier to carry, same credits, free cases

if you buy a game from gamestop and then trade it right back in that same day you should be banned, too freaking lazy to even go to a different gamestop to trade in the game..... Wonder how many people walked in got the item went out the door, turn around went back into the store and go UMMM I want to sell this.
really, how lazy is it to not bring a disguise so you dont even have to walk out the doors. gamestop isnt cooling the outdoors, that air conditioning cost money. i just purchase the games, walk away from the counter, kneel down to tie my shoes (where i have a fake mustache hidden), stand up and with a british accent tell them i want to trade some games in, works every time...

I think I'm done trading in a Gamestop. I usually eBay my old games but I've traded into GS on occasion. I decided to pre-order Mad Max and WWE 2k16 at GS since I have a couple of $25 gc's from e-rewards. During that weekend bump up in trade values a few weeks ago, I traded in WWE 2k15 for the X1 and a mint copy of UMvC3 for the 360 I picked up at a pawn shop like a year ago (it was in still in wrap when I got it, but I opened it and never ended up using it).

The guy taking my trade-ins scanned them in no problems but then decided to look them over. You'd think his pudgy fingers had never taken a game out of a case before the way he twisted and bent trying to get UMvC3 out of it's case. He looked at the inner ring, put it back in the case, and then decided to clumsily pry it out again to get another look at it. Then he repeated the whole process a third time. He said the inner ring was cracked, but his coworker said it could be refurbished so I was docked $4 on the trade-in.

I've never had a problem with trade-ins before and was actually complemented a few times on how well I kept my games intact. That fat bastard broke my disc trying to pry it out of the case 3 different times. What a waste. I hope Mad Max is a fantastic freakin' game.

I say I'm done with GS, but I see that Skyward Sword trades in for $30 now and I know it'd pay off my WWE 2k16 pre-order...
Not defending GameStop but that's just one bad apple (I am sure there are more). Amazon did the same thing to me with a Transformer game. I shipped it literally new out of the store and they returned it cracked with marker writings on the disc. Did I stop buying at Amazon? No. I did complain and got some credit though.

So some of the stores near me have boards up with the top trader and his/her total written on the board.

So some of the stores near me have boards up with the top trader and his/her total written on the board.
I saw that at mine yesterday. They were writing the guy in front of me on it, who traded in an XB1. They put the trade value on the board as $225, but he traded for $160 cash. :whistle2:k

Same here...are you ready for this? David C. $16,XXX.
I tried trading in $1,600 worth and it wouldn't go through. The manager took off $50 at a time until it went through. Apparently $1,000 is the most that can be done at a time. He said I could do the other $600 but the coupon for 50% trade in wouldn't work on another transaction. Probably isn't a limit on a cash trade in though.

He did say it was the biggest trade in that he's ever seen though. He said he's never had a total like that even with people trading in their consoles. 5 Gamestops in my area but none of em got boards up.

Clerk told me on Tuesday that next week they are running a competition in store :
Customer with the top $$$ trade value for the week gets their name on the board and 5k PUR points.

Same contest running this week for employees.

I saw the promo, they wrote some guys trade in on the top, he had a $48 trade in, i blew their mind with my $208 trade lol.  Also paid 340 of the new destiny ps4. 

My God. Gamestop's new mobile site is GARBAGE.

Did they test this thing at all? Every single action gives you an error page.

Traded in my 360 Rogue and found a $5 360 Black Ops at the pawn shop today to trade in. I misread the list and almost let my Far Cry 4 (X1) go for $11, but I caught it in time and took my game back. The GS I goto most often got some ol' bitch that looks like Pat from the late 80s Saturday Night Live, you dont know if its a man or a woman. Said my Black Ops had micro scratches and tried to charge a refurb, so I took my game and left and went to another GS and got the $13.xx for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back